• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

whats the deal with arken optics?

I am and will continue to resist, and I'm not bashing Arken never did. I'm speaking about the proliferation of Chinese optics and the continued patronizing of Chinese companies. Never did I say anything about Arken so perhaps read more before throwing the hypocrisy you are spouting.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I am and will continue to resist, and I'm not bashing Arken never did. I'm speaking about the proliferation of Chinese optics and the continued patronizing of Chinese companies. Never did I say anything about Arken so perhaps read more before throwing the hypocrisy you are spouting.
Why are you in this thread then? Are you interested in trying them?

Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
nope, but this is a forum if you are just noticing where people comment on others posts......
but you enjoy your Arken!! I'm sure they are a fine scope maker.

nope, but this is a forum if you are just noticing where people comment on others posts......
but you enjoy your Arken!! I'm sure they are a fine scope maker.
Ok I will. It’s very clear in your post why you showed up in the thread. Enjoy your vista outdoors products, they have a much bigger stake in China than Arken.

Last edited:
So because our own government sold us out decades ago to Communist Red China, and we are beholden to them in most every way despite them being the enemy in reality, we should just give up and bend over?? That is some serious backward thinking.......
I resist as much as possible buying all the cheap shit made in China but if we don't at least TRY to resist we will all be speaking Mandarin soon just like our entire Congress does. And it's not being a fake patriot like you pro China suckups are inferring, it's something we need to fix before it's too late!! Hopefully we can get back to draining the swamp in November
One of their many whack-a-mole deflections is "China has stolen many other industries from America like computing devices and consumer electronics, so it makes you patriots hypocrites to ask us sheep to protect the shooting sports from the same fate". (WTF kind of logic is THAT?! Answer- it's emotion not logic)

Another of their whack-a-mole deflections is "If we sheep can't buy a fully made in America optic at Chicom stolen tech & slave labor prices, we're not going to buy assembled in USA optics, or optics NOT made in China, but instead we're gonna go full Chicom, because that'll teach those greedy non-Chinese workers to require NON slave wages!" (again, emotion over logic)

Yet another: "We Karens are pro-America, as long as it doesn't require us to do more than repeat that slogan a few times a year".

We patriots wouldn't know who the above Karen sheep are if the Karen sheep would just keep their mouths shut, instead of actively fighting against patriotism by defending Chinese shooting goods.

One of their many whack-a-mole deflections is "China has stolen many other industries from America like computing devices and consumer electronics, so it makes you patriots hypocrites to ask us sheep to protect the shooting sports from the same fate". (WTF kind of logic is THAT?! Answer- it's emotion not logic)

Another of their whack-a-mole deflections is "If we sheep can't buy a fully made in America optic at Chicom stolen tech & slave labor prices, we're not going to buy assembled in USA optics, or optics NOT made in China, but instead we're gonna go full Chicom, because that'll teach those greedy non-Chinese workers to require NON slave wages!" (again, emotion over logic)

Yet another: "We Karens are pro-America, as long as it doesn't require us to do more than repeat that slogan a few times a year".

We patriots wouldn't know who the above Karen sheep are if the Karen sheep would just keep their mouths shut, instead of actively fighting against patriotism by defending Chinese shooting goods.
Your argument holds no water because we know you have China shooting gear.

Reactions: DubfromGA and FuhQ

You’re a fucking retard. I don’t know who “their” is but no one on here has said any of those things your putting in quotes. You use Chinese shit too. End of story.
Take this bullshit to the Pit if you like and stop clogging up this thread asshole.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Man, you sure must "identify" as Chinese!! Do you fly their flag also?? sure seems like you are banging that drum awfully hard.........:unsure:
Go away hypocrite. We know your house and gun room is full of China shit with way more stake in China than Arken, but here you are, drawing the line with Arken. Trashing Arken for being made in China is where your choosing to voice your resistance. Very small scope company named Arken.
I’m not banging the drum for China, I’m banging the drum for Arken. Mike is a stand up dude, that would be happy to talk to you about his scopes. They go above and beyond in customer service.

Last edited:
It's not about buying Chinese made or not and the continuous no true scotsman illogic is stupid beyond belief and a pointless waste of typing on both sides. It is about if the product is high quality and secondarily if the quality is consistent. It is not a high quality product in the least and it is not a product with a consistent quality level to begin with. Some few people have gotten the diamonds but everyone else got the rough and just either doesn't know it (the vast majority) or refuses to admit it (nearly everyone else).

It's not about buying Chinese made or not and the continuous no true scotsman illogic is stupid beyond belief and a pointless waste of typing on both sides. It is about if the product is high quality and secondarily if the quality is consistent. It is not a high quality product in the least and it is not a product with a consistent quality level to begin with. Some few people have gotten the diamonds but everyone else got the rough and just either doesn't know it (the vast majority) or refuses to admit it (nearly everyone else).
Exact opposite. I don’t have a stake in the company but also don’t like false info being spread about a company that has done nothing but succeed and offer great CS.
The truth is, there are some roughs but the vast majority are “diamonds” as you put it.
And if you get a “rough” they quickly rectify it on their dime shipping both ways.
Even if you have personal experience with 5 of their scopes or more as I do, which I’m sure you don’t, that’s an anecdotal experience at best.
This response is based off the numerous testimonials on this site across several threads.

Exact opposite. I don’t have a stake in the company but also don’t like false info being spread about a company that has done nothing but succeed and offer great CS.
The truth is, there are some roughs but the vast majority are “diamonds” as you put it.
And if you get a “rough” they quickly rectify it on their dime shipping both ways.
Even if you have personal experience with 5 of their scopes or more as I do, which I’m sure you don’t, that’s an anecdotal experience at best.
This response is based off the numerous testimonials on this site across several threads.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack. Rule of acquisition 109.

Where are you getting your quality assurance data from. They are trending right with Athlon and vortex as far as my samples. Your gathering it from the small percentage of people who had warranty issues. I assure you there are way more good ones than bad ones, the problem is people don’t remember the good times, only the bad times.

And spare us the dignity crap, you have tons of China shit in your home, just because you pick and choose where you draw the line with shooting gear and nothing else, like every microprocessor in your life doesn’t mean we have to play along. It’s all China shit. It’s being hypocritical plain and simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
[...] It is about if the product is high quality and secondarily if the quality is consistent. [...]

Translation of above words: "don't let ethics get in the way of saving a few bucks thanks to China's slave labor, stolen tech, and predatory trade practices".

Where are you getting your quality assurance data from. They are trending right with Athlon and vortex as far as my samples. Your gathering it from the small percentage of people who had warranty issues. I assure you there are way more good ones than bad ones, the problem is people don’t remember the good times, only the bad times.

And spare us the dignity crap, you have tons of China shit in your home, just because you pick and choose where you draw the line with shooting gear and nothing else, like every microprocessor in your life doesn’t mean we have to play along. It’s all China shit. It’s being hypocritical plain and simple.
It's funny when dipshits don't get the joke and when they can't do math. The dignity remark roughly translates to "customer service and a shit product is worth a shit product". Perhaps you could spend more time comprehending and less time responding. You'll expose your inability to think clearly less often that way. For example: 1 problem on 1 scope is an aberration. 5 problems on one scope is shit QC or shit tolerances. I'm sure you don't have to think in your day-to-day life but you might consider doing so. Another example, I stated clearly that it's nothing to do with anything being from China. It's to do with dog shit quality control. Seriously bud... learn to comprehend what you read. It'll make life more rewarding.

It's funny when dipshits don't get the joke and when they can't do math. The dignity remark roughly translates to "customer service and a shit product is worth a shit product". Perhaps you could spend more time comprehending and less time responding. You'll expose your inability to think clearly less often that way. For example: 1 problem on 1 scope is an aberration. 5 problems on one scope is shit QC or shit tolerances. I'm sure you don't have to think in your day-to-day life but you might consider doing so. Another example, I stated clearly that it's nothing to do with anything being from China. It's to do with dog shit quality control. Seriously bud... learn to comprehend what you read. It'll make life more rewarding.
Show us where any of your dignified response has to do with Arken. Why are you here? To try to troll?
Yawn…
Use the search bar if you want to relive the excitement over again. There’s at least four threads on the subject with plenty of discussion and trolling.
You can spin your hypocrisy all you want, but we see right thru it. Do us a favor and go away, like I said there’s other threads n the subject that was killed or derailed.
Or start your own and kick and scream all you want. Or let me save you some time, all of the Arken threads will show you that everyone knows where they’re made and don’t give a shit.

Last edited:
I'm doing a scope swap on a few rifles and a 20ga shotgun with a slug barrel. Throwing the shotgun scope in the garbage and trading up until I get to an AR with nice billet upper/lower and a 20" barrel. Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on an SH4 4-16X50. It's got a 34mm tube, decent reticle and it's a touch over 400$. They also have a 34mm AR mount for 60$, seems like a no brainer?
I normally wouldn't quote myself, but it seemed the most efficient way to get info out!

I just pulled the trigger on the Arken 4-16X50 FFP MIL scope and the AR 34mm mount. BOTH are 30% off right now!! There were other 30% items also, but I just bought these. The scope listed for 419$ and the mount was 64$ ish. Both together and free shipping..................335.99$

All on the Arken website. No clue how long it will last or that it was going on, I just happened to check to make sure it was in stock! Every once in a while!

Last edited:
I just recently purchased a 6-24. For the money, I am impressed with it. It has not been mounted on a rifle as of yet, but I have been outside at multiple times of day and evenings. Does it get darker as the magnification increases ? Yes it does, but all scopes do. Is it still useable, yes it is with ease. The illumination in bright daylight will not be useful. In the evening, it will be. It is a lot of scope for the money and I plan on selling some of my upper end scopes to purchase more.

I think they’re a safe gamble. I shot a match with their customer service guy and he was nice as can be. They’re getting popular on precision 22s. The glass is better on the ep5 than on my venom. It really depends on what the gun is for but I’ve used them and like the reticles, probably going to buy one. A lot of times a lifetime warranty is worthless to the user depending on what’s on the line keep that in mind with all optics.

I have been lucky on all my Arken items, scopes, mounts, and rings. Everything has worked perfectly, and the tracking is all spot on for the 4 that I have now. The EP5 especially, so far, has been stellar!! I am not here for the USA/China debate, as everyone has China in there somewhere. However, the Arken SH4 and EP5 lines are superb for the funds spent... period!

At some point, most of us have to reside in the real world.
There are no South Korean or Philippine made optics that meet all of the criteria many folks seek.
Such as 34mm tube, acceptable glass quality, zero stop, windage or locking turret. And no, the XTR II does not have acceptable glass.
If Burris ever decides to actually manufacture the XTR III illuminated model, I'd be inclined to buy one, unless, of course, they source the glass from the same place.
I did a T&E of the strike eagle, part of my feedback to Vortex was that they needed to branch out and manufacture their stuff in countries that are at least more friendly to the US.
I'm still waiting for you to start an optics company and offer a reasonable quality 5-25 FFP scope with a zero stop, acceptable glass and stainless steel internals for less than 600 bucks. I'll buy the first one.
I'm actually on record as saying that you should buy a low end Japanese scope before you buy a high end Chinese one.
Funny how things change, I seem to remember that Japanese actually launched a military attack on a US territory in the hope that we would eventually be destroyed.

...actually it was 3 territories, Hawaii, Guam and the Philippines were all US Territories during WWII...

6-24 sh4 showed up today. I have to modify the mount for my 20” ar so it will fit. That damn stem coming out the bottom is hitting the mount. Quick fix with a dremel. It’s got good enough glass for 1000 yards as expected. Everything works as it should. Numbers probably don’t match up on the parallax but who cares. After 25 years of messing with long range scopes, few ever have.
Heavy,
turrets are as expected.
Can’t ask for a better scope for 324$ I paid. Can’t find a better scope for that price either.
Very happy with it.

6-24 sh4 showed up today. I have to modify the mount for my 20” ar so it will fit. That damn stem coming out the bottom is hitting the mount. Quick fix with a dremel. It’s got good enough glass for 1000 yards as expected. Everything works as it should. Numbers probably don’t match up on the parallax but who cares. After 25 years of messing with long range scopes, few ever have.
Heavy,
turrets are as expected.
Can’t ask for a better scope for 324$ I paid. Can’t find a better scope for that price either.
Very happy with it.

Ditto. Have a few range sessions with mine now. For what it cost on sale I am happy. I'd gladly punt my turd of an Athlon Argos and replace it with another SH4

Yeah the parallax doesn't line up with the yardage. This does bother me enough I'll likely make a custom yardage tape.
The protusion out the bottom is very close to my scope base on the Rem 700.
I don't mind the turrets. Zero stop is easy to adjust. Takes a little fiddling to get it nice and tight but not so tight it drags.
Glass I honestly don't hate. Even at 24x it is better than I anticipated it would be.

Waiting on their backordered EP5 that's going on an AR-15 22" 6.5G.

Have an SH4 6-24x50mm that will be going on a B-14R .22lr. (30% w/ free shipping). Looks great in the backyard, feels great. Looking forward to running it hard. Really like the reticle as well as the turrets.

Checked in on their website today and see the 30% + free shipping deal still going.......went ahead and grabbed an SH4 4-16x50 plus some rings.

Since this thread has a pile of posts from the haters.....I also have 5 Leupolds, 3 Nightforce and a non-Chinese Vortex. 3 Trijicon RMR red dots and yes, 2 Holosun red dots.

If they don't like it they can kiss my big American ass.

Fukkers living in glass houses and they are picking up stones to throw.....

If the haters dads had worn Chinese made condoms instead of the cheap Messican rubbers....we likely wouldn't have to endure their bullshit, either.

Last edited:
I ordered one partly because I thought they were made in Texas I immediately cancelled the order when I discovered they were made in china.

I ordered one partly because I thought they were made in Texas I immediately cancelled the order when I discovered they were made in china.
Thanks for letting everyone know. You’re like a CrossFit vegan….gotta post on social your minute by minute decisions.

Anyone with a 1/2 oz of intelligence would know that a scope costing $350-$550 and all theses features isn’t made in Texas. 🤦‍♂️

Tell us more about the ammo sites you’ve paid with Bitcoin on.

So you came on an Arken thread and made yourself look like a moron thinking they were made in Texas and now you’re tagging me in shit. Kick rocks loser. Make up your bed in your mom’s basement and go out and get a job. I’m tired of financially supporting people like you.

Figured I'd glass up a .30'06 and upgrade over the existing glass on-hand that was about to go on it.

Will damn sure make range trips more fun over the lower power scope that would have been on it.

Saw the Arken sale still rolling.....ordered a few days ago....arrived today.

Low rings and also added a mount I'll use for the backordered EP5 on an AR when it arrives.

Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
Over shilled Chinese garbage. I can't decide if some of these guys are shilling for Arkan or China.

Well, I know at least 2 of you are Arkan shills.

And surprise surprise this thread started like all the other Arkan shill threads, "with all the buzz around arcane" "what the deal with Arkan" "heard of this great new company called Arkan"

And some of the suspected shills are even calling it an Arkan thread. Busted. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So you came on an Arken thread and made yourself look like a moron thinking they were made in Texas and now you’re tagging me in shit. Kick rocks loser. Make up your bed in your mom’s basement and go out and get a job. I’m tired of financially supporting people like you.

Where is a mod so we can combine this one with all the other Arkan shill threads that got rolled into one. There would be two pages of them by now with three or four guys keeping them at the top if they didn't.

Over shilled Chinese garbage. I can't decide if some of these guys are shilling for Arkan or China.

And surprise surprise this thread started like all the other Arkan shill threads, "with all the buzz around arcane" "what the deal with Arkan" "heard of this great new company called Arkan"

And some of the suspected shills are even calling it an Arkan thread. Busted. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Where is a mod so we can combine this one with all the other Arkan shill threads that got rolled into one. There would be two pages of them by now with three or four guys keeping them at the top if they didn't.
Eat the whole bag of dicks 🍻

What did that accomplish?

Should we thank you for protecting us from the Arken? As if the optic's top turret will suddenly pop off and a tiny Chinese man jumps out and punches you in the face? Or the CA is so bad it will give you a seizure? Because if anyone of those things happened to you, then you sir are doing the Lord's work.

As for me, and a lot of people, these optics have been fantastic for the price. Especially in the context of what's been offered in the past for the price. We all know what they are, where they are made, and how poor we all are for owning them.

What did that accomplish?

Should we thank you for protecting us from the Arken? As if the optic's top turret will suddenly pop off and a tiny Chinese man jumps out and punches you in the face? Or the CA is so bad it will give you a seizure? Because if anyone of those things happened to you, then you sir are doing the Lord's work.

As for me, and a lot of people, these optics have been fantastic for the price. Especially in the context of what's been offered in the past for the price. We all know what they are, where they are made, and how poor we all are for owning them.
Posted my opinion like the O.P asked. Then made some casual observations about the bunch and possible motives of the group attacking anyone who says something negative about them.

What did it accomplish? It seems to have Flushed out another.

Couldn't help plugging them in your response? Do you get a check for that? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When everything in the price range is plugged at a great value. :unsure:

Thanks for being a normal patriotic American, and not a dem shill for the CCP.

Posted my opinion like the O.P asked. Then made some casual observations about the bunch and possible motives of the group attacking anyone who says something negative about them.

What did it accomplish? It seems to have Flushed out another.

Couldn't help plugging them in your response? Do you get a check for that? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When everything in the price range is plugged at a great value. :unsure:
Man. Truly. Anyone that "defends" an Arken is not a shill. I have never been affiliated with any scope company. Not interested. But most of us are here to help anyone out looking in this price range, or at least attempting to identify a good value. I've "shilled" the Strike Eagle, Midas Tac, Vortex Razor Gen 3, NX8, and more. I guess that's why I joined and participate in threads....to help, not tear down.

I am equally suspicious of someone commenting on a thread to discredit a brand or throw nonsense at members who "defend" it. Almost seems like that motivation comes from a competing brand....

I promise, if you bought an Arken it wouldn't bite you. Or don't buy one, I really don't care.