• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

whats the deal with arken optics?

You can get an Arken, a Ruger American rifle in 6.5 creed and a couple of boxes of factory match ammo, download a free ballistic solver app on your phone and you can go out and shoot at distances that 20 years ago people would have considered ELR.

That is what I find intriguing about the low end options, their capability is actually impressive for the price. Yeah I get it they are mad in China and I would love to see a US made version of a similar scope.

Man. Truly. Anyone that "defends" an Arken is not a shill. I have never been affiliated with any scope company. Not interested. But most of us are here to help anyone out looking in this price range, or at least attempting to identify a good value. I've "shilled" the Strike Eagle, Midas Tac, Vortex Razor Gen 3, NX8, and more. I guess that's why I joined and participate in threads....to help, not tear down.

I am equally suspicious of someone commenting on a thread to discredit a brand or throw nonsense at members who "defend" it. Almost seems like that motivation comes from a competing brand....

I promise, if you bought an Arken it wouldn't bite you. Or don't buy one, I really don't care.
They’re mouth breathing trolls. No need to explain or justify anything. They run their mouth to strangers on the internet, using Chinese electronics no less. Pathetic.

They’re mouth breathing trolls. No need to explain or justify anything. They run their mouth to strangers on the internet, using Chinese electronics no less. Pathetic.
I damn sure ain't a shill for anyone, especially the Chinese. And if you were a fly on the wall, you'd see just how many MIC products are in their houses, and most probably drive Toyota trucks or import cars that all funnel money back to Asia and not America. They use inexperienced/uneducated cheap southern American labor to build their vehicles, because Billy Bob is ok with making $7-9 an hour to bolt down a couple seats with an impact gun for 8-12 hours a day, because it requires no intelligence or actual skills. China is the enemy...While Japan and Korea just get a break, because they pretend to be our allies.

They're actually doing the same thing to southern America/Americans, that these people are bitching about the Chinese doing to the Chinese. Low wages for high corporate profits...Basic LEGAL paid slave labor. No government (especially OURS) or country on earth is any better or worse than any other...They're all corrupt and evil, and none of them give a shit about anyone except themselves and their elitist buddies.

If it wasn't for the Constitution and laws, our current government WOULD be China. They would be doing the exact same thing, and treating us all the same way the commie Chinese treat their people. Don't believe me, open your damn eyes and look what they do and say. They want censorship, take the guns, social credit system, lie to our faces through their "press conferences" and mainstream media outlets, vaccinations so they can control us, wear masks 24/7, tell us where we can go, who we can see, and what we can do...

Wait a minute... This is all starting to sound so fa-MAO-ier... 🤔🤔🤔

And now for something completely different.........

Finally got to look through and fondle a SH4 today after a match. I was pleasantly surprised. Reticle was better than what I was expecting from the pictures/diagrams. The owner ended up 2nd I believe, so apparently it works well enough.

Finally got to look through and fondle a SH4 today after a match. I was pleasantly surprised. Reticle was better than what I was expecting from the pictures/diagrams. The owner ended up 2nd I believe, so apparently it works well enough.
Hkslave was a troll trying to stir shit up

Reactions: FuhQ

They really aren't bad. I've used mine for a few rimfire matches and they track solid. That's really the only objective thing that matters. The rest is subjective. I can see targets just fine, just not to the extra detail as higher end optics I've had, but everyone will have to determine how much cost is worth the extra they offer.

So, pro-gun people are tearing into other pro-gun people over what they buy based on where it’s made rather than the quality of the product?
You self-righteous Karens disgust me.
Name a USA made rifle, handgun, shotgun that has won Olympic Gold. While you are at it, list the year.
Name a USA made, MADE scope which has won in International Precision Competition (or benchrest), again with the year.
How about Ammo (speaking from a rimfire perspective) ?
I’m all about supporting your country, but when mfgs have shifted production overseas, or just shut down due to low sales, ask yourselves why.
You can even reply on your foreign made smart device, sipping your imported coffee, in your imported mug, while sitting in your imported recliner.
Don’t be a hypocrite.

Wise competitors use what they perceive as the very best equipment. In rimfire I’m seeing a shift to Canadian barrels, some actions and stocks, and even scopes being offered. The market will decide where the “deals” are.
Competition standings will decide where the quality is.

I haven’t purchased an Arken product yet, but I have looked through one and was impressed with the view. I’m competing with a used Vortex, on a used rifle, with foreign ammo.

I don’t think made in China equals bad quality or design. I will say I have two EP5 5-25x56 and they are better than the Strike Eagle 5-25 in glass quality, brightness, eye relief and eye box forgiveness. Those scopes are in the same price range and the EP5 is actually cheaper if you get the combo package with a promo code.
All 3 are on 308 and all 3 have worked flawlessly for me.

I have four. Two SH4’s 6-24x on 22’s. Both are great. Good glass, good turrets, my only issue is that I am not in love with the reticle. But it works. I have an EP5 on a 223 Remington. It is a 5-25x. Maybe slightly better glass, but it is hard to tell. Finally a SH4 in 4-16x. It sits in my sock drawer. Will either land on my FAL 308 or a 22 squirrel rifle. For now it sleeps. These are not top tier optics. But for what they offer, you are gong to have to step up to a Razor or NF or Kahles etc to really do better.

They have QC issues. If you search it, you'll find issues like non-functioning parallax, turrets not tracking properly, debris in optic.
How recently? The gen2s cleaned up anlot of the early problems they had. I have an SH4 gen 2 6-24x50 and have shot it out to 500yrds no problem. As for durability, my son knocked mine off the bench the second day i had it and it landed on the top turret, the concrete made a scuff on the turret but it still tracks fine. The parallax is off about 25yrds from labeled and the glass isnt as clear as a $1500 scope, but i have no problems and paid $371 with rings shipped to the house when on sale directly from arken. I will buy more

How recently? The gen2s cleaned up anlot of the early problems they had. I have an SH4 gen 2 6-24x50 and have shot it out to 500yrds no problem. As for durability, my son knocked mine off the bench the second day i had it and it landed on the top turret, the concrete made a scuff on the turret but it still tracks fine. The parallax is off about 25yrds from labeled and the glass isnt as clear as a $1500 scope, but i have no problems and paid $371 with rings shipped to the house when on sale directly from arken. I will buy more
1661784363595.png

I reiterate, if you search it, you'll find issues.

Reactions: Milf Dots
View attachment 7944200

I reiterate, if you search it, you'll find issues.
Dude, they're sub-$600 scopes... They're not trying to replace or compete with $2,000 optics brands, and they're made in China, so yeah, there's going to be some lemons... I've seen Schmidt & Bender lemons and Leupold lemons, right out of the box. Everything man-made has potential for failure and or lemons. It's a part of manufacturing. And sometimes those lemons slip through QA/QC.

All 4 of my Arkens are great. My first EP5 was a lemon right out of the box, that's been well-noted on this forum, but their customer service went above and beyond, and even thoroughly hand-checked the new replacement scope before sending it to me to ensure it was perfect. Things like that make me not worry about if I get a bad one. I know they'll take care of it, if it happens. They have a lifetime warranty just like Vortex.

Dude, they're sub-$600 scopes... They're not trying to replace or compete with $2,000 optics brands, and they're made in China, so yeah, there's going to be some lemons... I've seen Schmidt & Bender lemons and Leupold lemons, right out of the box. Everything man-made has potential for failure and or lemons. It's a part of manufacturing. And sometimes those lemons slip through QA/QC.

All 4 of my Arkens are great. My first EP5 was a lemon right out of the box, that's been well-noted on this forum, but their customer service went above and beyond, and even thoroughly hand-checked the new replacement scope before sending it to me to ensure it was perfect. Things like that make me not worry about if I get a bad one. I know they'll take care of it, if it happens. They have a lifetime warranty just like Vortex.

1661810416558.png

I tried to take pics, but it was a failure. (I had a camera mount but left it back in CO, and using two tripods was a PITA). Anyways, my buddy and I tried to compare our scopes yesterday, looking out to about 500yds and late in the afternoon. Scopes we had: Athlon Cronus G2 and Midas TAC 5-25, Arken EP5 and SH4 4-16, Trijicon Accupower 1-8x, and PA GLX 4-16x50. He was really impressed with the Midas TAC, and had the EP5 ranked after it. Didn't really spend too much time behind the scopes since the bugs were lighting us up(both of us were wearing t-shirts and shorts)....but I'd say that's impressive for something I bought on sale for $430.

I didn't think it was better than the Cronus but I also had more time behind that scope(and also used it at longer ranges in CO) so I'm biased. I'm more impressed with the Midas TAC, but I'd have to admit it's hard to beat the value of the EP5. Both Athlons seemed like they had a more forgiving eyebox. PA GLX probably had the worst glass out there, but it works fine for its intended purpose (it's on an AR10, and I got it for the Athena reticle). At that price point the Midas TAC and EP5 simply blow it out of the water.

so i tried the EP5 on my vudoo...

i get what they are trying to do, or maybe they are and i got a crap one. have 2 PRS style .22lr matches on the scope (within 20 days of getting it).

issues i am having:

1. going back to zero seems very "gritty"
2. after setting zero stop and getting it perfectly aligned (OCD) when i go to around the 3 mil mark and beyond its off and clicks seem to happen between hashes (all screw are set and tried multiple times)
3. **this is the weird one** 50yrd zero, strelok app says for .22 @100 yrds DOPE is 1.9mils this has been 1.8-1.9 on all our club members rifles. with this scope my actual bullseye at 100 was at 1.6 (shot SK match and a box of CenterX) both the same. tho all the other inputs from app out to 450 were on or close - ref to #2

todays match - shooting 200-250 alternating targets 7.0/10.0 mils my turret "froze up" and would only move from 6.2-8.4, i put it on 7.0 and did hold overs but wtf??? and i'm in south Louisiana so its not actually freezing it was 80 degrees with 110% humidity lol

i put in a RMA request, I think im done with these guys. i hope all the best for them but I don't trust the equipment. they do have great clarity in glass and i LOVE the height and markings on turrets

*also posted my findings / request for help on the Arken Optics USA facebook page but the admin wont approve my postings (negative press?)

I haven't really played with the EP5 in that type of setting, but as far as #3, that's about the same as mine(1.5-1.6mil drop) with both a Bushnell Match Pro and Athlon Midas TAC; SK & Wolf Match, North Carolina. CZ457 Varmint.

I haven't really played with the EP5 in that type of setting, but as far as #3, that's about the same as mine(1.5-1.6mil drop) with both a Bushnell Match Pro and Athlon Midas TAC; SK & Wolf Match, North Carolina. CZ457 Varmint.
so on my razor gen2 and gen3, athon cronus?, zco, and vortex venom(x2) they were all at 1.8-1.9 so thats why i am questioning it all. with a mixture of wolf/lapua and SK and i guess its ok to be that 1.6 as long as its consistent. ill just need to figure out my strelok to give me that output

tbh, I don't really know much outside of my rifle. Though, for most of my <100yd shooting, it's been indoors. I don't really remember what the dope was at the outdoor range but it was good enough to hit like a 3" target @ 100yd.

so on my razor gen2 and gen3, athon cronus?, zco, and vortex venom(x2) they were all at 1.8-1.9 so thats why i am questioning it all. with a mixture of wolf/lapua and SK and i guess its ok to be that 1.6 as long as its consistent. ill just need to figure out my strelok to give me that output
Mike will get you a good one if it’s faulty.

Mike will get you a good one if it’s faulty.

you are right, i am going to give them another shot. other than not having the 10th of mils markings im used to in a razor scope. i enjoy the clarity of glass/price point/looks of the scope. so instead of a refund for all of the kit, opting for a replacement scope.

Danny (arken) also emailed me saying the "gritty" feel is from the zero stop screw being to far down. but that issues #2 & #3 were legit problems.

Reactions: Gohring65
Bringing this thread back to life with my opinion. I have three (EP5 and EPL4) of these along with a tangent theta, razor gen iii, Kahles DLR and an ZCO527. In response to septic death and others that call this scope “junk”. Please tell me what scope will beat a EP5 for under $1000????? At $590 (including navy seal package and code “CYCLOPS”), this scope comes packed with bubble level, mag throw ring, flip shades, single piece scope mount. These accessories alone would cost $~400. This is hands down the best scope under $1000. Period. Turrets are very positive, glass is up there with the razor gen ii (or better), body / materials / construction is up there with the big boys, good eye box and eye relief, it does have a little CA but who cares about a little purple edge on your targets at this price point.

Would I trade a EP5 or EPL4 for my TT. Hell no but that is not the question everyone is looking for. Would I use this to start out PRS shooting until I could afford something better. Absolutely.

As for “its Chinese junk”. Almost all the scopes out there are made in china. Sure you can buy a scope that’s made in Austria, Japan or Canada but you have to pay $3500-$5000 for one.

For those of you that are looking for an opinion that isn’t ignorant and closed minded. This budget scope is impossible to beat at its price point. Please someone prove me wrong and tell me what scope will beat this scope at this price……….Crickets

Last edited:
iu

Under 1k, SWFA 5-20, XTRII, DMRII, Athlon Ares, Athlon Midas tac, Steiner PX4, Bushnell LRHS, Brownelles MPO, Primary Arms PLX, Vortex Strike Eagle, Weaver Tacivcal scopes, 3-15, 4-20, and 2-10, Trijicon Accupoint, I am sure i missed some.

BTW, the Philippines is not China, I know geography hard.

Super corn dog. Do any of these scopes come with a bubble level, throw lever, scope caps and single piece scope mount, oh yeah that’s right so if my math is correct then that puts this scope at ~$190. Now who’s comment is dumb. Once again ignorant people not taking the time to read all the facts. Next in line……..

By the way I have used / owned half of the scopes you mention and not taking into account the accessories, the scope will beat 90-95% of what you have listed. Plus some of the scopes you list are not on the same league (exposed turrets FFP). If you’re going to make a compelling argument then at least be factual captain geography.

Last edited:
Bringing this thread back to life with my opinion. I have three (EP5 and EPL4) of these along with a tangent theta, razor gen iii, Kahles DLR and an ZCO527. In response to septic death and others that call this scope “junk”. Please tell me what scope will beat a EP5 for under $1000????? At $590 (including navy seal package and code “CYCLOPS”), this scope comes packed with bubble level, mag throw ring, flip shades, single piece scope mount. These accessories alone would cost $~400. This is hands down the best scope under $1000. Period. Turrets are very positive, glass is up there with the razor gen ii (or better), body / materials / construction is up there with the big boys, good eye box and eye relief, it does have a little CA but who cares about a little purple edge on your targets at this price point.

Would I trade a EP5 or EPL4 for my TT. Hell no but that is not the question everyone is looking for. Would I use this to start out PRS shooting until I could afford something better. Absolutely.

As for “its Chinese junk”. Almost all the scopes out there are made in china. Sure you can buy a scope that’s made in Austria, Japan or Canada but you have to pay $3500-$5000 for one.

For those of you that are looking for an opinion that isn’t ignorant and closed minded. This budget scope is impossible to beat at its price point. Please someone prove me wrong and tell me what scope will beat this scope at this price……….Crickets
Have you just copy/pasted what everyone has said related to cost/clarity value?

• Haha

That's just plain wrong. Almost all scopes are not made in China. You can get plenty of good scopes for less than $3500-5000 from those places and other places besides China.

You wake up and have some drinks on a Sunday morning or just continuing your Saturday night?

The list of scopes that are under $1000, brand new (not sh special) that are made in China far out number those that may be made somewhere else.

• Sad
The list of scopes that are under $1000, brand new (not sh special) that are made in China far out number those that may be made somewhere else.

You didn't say under $1000 and then stated you had to spend over $3500 to get one. You are wrong in those statements.

I’m wrong, you’re wrong, we’re all wrong. I just wanted to give my opinion of arken. And I stand on my statement that it can’t be beat at the price.

• Sad
I’m wrong, you’re wrong, we’re all wrong. I just wanted to give my opinion of arken. And I stand on my statement that it can’t be beat at the price.
No you are wrong on that statement. I am not wrong. You can make statements about how you like a scope without challenging and arguing with everyone.

Before rob gets too angry, I will restate my comment. Most scopes under $1000 are made in China.

I'm not angry. Just trying to keep the discussion factual. You also said you had to spend over $3500 to get a scope not made in China. Not correct. Just trying to keep the post factual.

@Rob01

If I remember correctly, Arken isn't just made in China- aren't they ultimately a Chinese company, regardless of any U.S. presence ?????!!!!!

To clarify what I mean, some companies like SwFx & HoSu have a U.S. presence/maybe even a so called 'u.s. h.q.' to create an illusion , but are ultimately owned by a Chinese oem optics maker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boomslang57
Seems like Arken is trending to own the extreme low end of the tac scope market (weight, turrets, reticle, overall form factor)where there looks to be a hole.

What is the closest competitor? Athlon ?
What model?

Arken owner here.

I remain pleased with them for the applications I am trusting them to.....plinking rifles in .22lr & 6.5Grendel....with a third that is going on something...when I decide what.

The thing with stealing shit is you never really understand since you didn't put in the work.

We see it with Chicom students and other cultures where cheating is rampant. You can steal but if you don't understand why and all the sciences behind it you are never going to be as good. You can't cheat or steal a new/unique idea.

As long as they keep trying to steal and never come up with a unique idea of their own, they will be second and third rate bitches.
You think foreign students need to cheat to beat us on the global scale..?

Our high school standards for math and reading as a country have been an embarrassment for the last 40 years.

They don’t need to cheat to make us look mentally incompetent.