• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's the most stupid thing you've been told?

@Kisssofdeath
Read the article on http://varmintal.com/a22lr.htm
It gave me huge insight to barrel tuning, compred to what I knew about the matter beforehand. It does not touch the matter of tuning of cold bore shots but I guess those can be tuned for too the same way.(?)

Frankly it sounds so hard and time consuming I would seriously hesitate to give someone that as a general advice to gain accuracy.

-Not many disciplines have to deal with cold bore shots nowdays anyways.

Hi,

Somebody needs to tell guys like Don Geraci and Cern Addison that their 9lb Rimfires are supposed to have cold bore flyers or does Cerns 5 shoot record of .225" include the flyer lol?

In regards to how a tuner "brings in" anything....barrel harmonics is your best and pretty much only friend in the RF BR game.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: lash
The stupidest thing I've ever been told (in relation to firearms) has come from people shooting airguns and rim fire. I just figure it's like the guys with the little dick glueing on some extra length. I don't care if you want to shoot rimfire! Just don't try to tell me its capable of 1" groups at a mile...?

You don’t cure, you account for. I don’t know my ass from my elbow with rimfire or tuners.

Well educate me, how do you account for it? Seriously, I'm not trying to be a dickhead, I'd like to know how one can make a known, consistent first shot flyer shoot point of aim when it ALWAYS shoots 2" high and right. It wouldn't matter if it's centerfire or not,

@Kisssofdeath
Read the article on http://varmintal.com/a22lr.htm
It gave me huge insight to barrel tuning, compred to what I knew about the matter beforehand. It does not touch the matter of tuning of cold bore shots but I guess those can be tuned for too the same way.(?)

Frankly it sounds so hard and time consuming I would seriously hesitate to give someone that as a general advice to gain accuracy.

-Not many disciplines have to deal with cold bore shots nowdays anyways.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. But, the discussion was about person who said you should/could sight a gun in for a cold bore flyer, I believe he was referring to a hunting rifle where the first shot counted. Also, the other idiot on RFC said you could use a tuner to make that first shot hit POA. It appears we may have people in here who believe this but no one has provide instructions on how to do it. They just keep talking about stuff that has nothing to do with correcting the problem.

The stupidest thing I've ever been told (in relation to firearms) has come from people shooting airguns and rim fire. I just figure it's like the guys with the little dick glueing on some extra length. I don't care if you want to shoot rimfire! Just don't try to tell me its capable of 1" groups at a mile...?

I would agree. Have you actually had someone tell you that?

Well educate me, how do you account for it? Seriously, I'm not trying to be a dickhead, I'd like to know how one can make a known, consistent first shot flyer shoot point of aim when it ALWAYS shoots 2" high and right. It wouldn't matter if it's centerfire or not,

Dial to account for 2” right and 2” high. Put a hole where your crosshairs were. Return turrets to zero and carry on as usual, UNLESS you allow your barrel to completely cool, at which point you reapply 2” right and 2” high. I’m not trying to be a dickhead either but if you’re not trolling us, your making our brains ache.

Dial to account for 2” right and 2” high. Put a hole where your crosshairs were. Return turrets to zero and carry on as usual, UNLESS you allow your barrel to completely cool, at which point you reapply 2” right and 2” high. I’m not trying to be a dickhead either but if you’re not trolling us, your making our brains ache.

LOL, that sounds simple and easy but do you think it would work? The barrel will always be cold. You can adjust for it once but the next time it will still hit 2" high and right. You can adjust for it again, but guess what....yeah 2" high and right again. LOL, think about it, it can't be done. A cold bore flyer will always have the flyer no matter what. People who shoot BR can take sighters so a cold bore flyer doesn't matter to them.

Didn't shoot any rimfire today, shot 20 rounds through an AKM Vepr I been working on. But then again, I can't test anything rimfire because I don't have a rifle that is consistent enough to say it has a cold bore flyer.

This AK project is finished. Can you AK guys tell me what I changed? This was/is a Molot Vepr 7.62x39.

Attachments

• 0626192026.jpg
    0626192026.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 69
"Wind doesn't matter where you are, it matters at the target!!"

This was from a boot LCPL that works as a test shooter. Kid does not deserve to be around anything higher than 22lr.

Hi,

So I have found the reason you do not understand what is being said and why you think something does or does not have anything to do with the problem....

Research barrel harmonics..
Research differences between RF truing and CF truing..
That should be a starting point...get back to us when you are fluent in those and you will realize what is being said to you.

Sincerely,
Theis

It appears we may have people in here who believe this but no one has provide instructions on how to do it. They just keep talking about stuff that has nothing to do with correcting the problem.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question but I figured it wouldn't hurt. First off, unless you count an AR-15 I have never had a high power rifle. Closest I have come is a XP-100 in 7BR from my IHMSA days.

Didn't shoot any rimfire today, shot 20 rounds through an AKM Vepr I been working on. But then again, I can't test anything rimfire because I don't have a rifle that is consistent enough to say it has a cold bore flyer.

you will realize what is being said to you.

Sincerely,
Theis

This is just it, nothing being said about how to correct for a first shot flyer. Someone always points me to a training video to watch or some article to read. In reality, no one has a solution to a problem that will never be solved. Because this is starting to get fun with people I want to explain this for newcomers who have just started reading this. Here is the scenario.

You just bought your new rimfire rifle (brand is irrelevant). Yout start shooting, getting used to it and all the other good stuff that comes along with a new toy. A period may pass and you are tired of shooting large objects like cans, those balls that bounce around, big swinger targets and so on. You now want to get down to serious accuracy work with your new but (broken in) because some believe a rimfire rifle needs a break in period. You buy different brands of ammo, good stuff, Eley, Lapua, SK, RWS, Wolf, Fed GM Match and so on. After the ammo evaluation is over you decide Lapua is the best for the rifle. During all this testing the shots were taken back to back to back and so on. The only cold bore or first round shot was waayyyy back and long forgotten about. So, testing is over and Lapua Center-X ammo is driving nails at 50 yards. You are so happy with your new rifle you decide to take it squirrel hunter with your friends and you keep reminding them of how accurate your rifle is. You see a tree rat, at 30 yards, you shoot, you miss. You start crying because you missed, all your buddies start to laugh at you, you start crying even harder, they start laughing harder and you get mad and go home.

After you are out of the psychiatric ward you decide to start testing your rifle again. You notice that the very first shot of the day goes 2" high and right, the next 4 shots goes center bullseye. You think everything is ok and you keep shooting, verifying the gun and ammo is good. Next day, you get the gun out and shoot again, same thing with the first shot, 2" high and right. You start to notice a pattern. EVERY FIRST SHOT OF THE DAY IS 2" HIGH AND RIGHT!

The question, how do you fix this?

Adjusting the scope won't work, your next 4 shots will be 2" low and left. Besides, the first shot (cold bore) flyer will be there next time you get the rifle out again. Because of the characteristics of that particular rifle, the first shot never goes with the rest.

A few things need to be present to realize this.

1. You "should" have an accurate enough rifle to distinguish that you really have a first round flyer.
2. I you don't have an accurate rifle (say one that shoots 3/4" 5 shot groups at 50 yards) the first round flyer still needs to be a few inches away from the rest to determine the rifle has a first round flyer.

Since no one has offered a solution on how to fix this problem I will. You either accept it the way it is and not worry about it or you sell/trade the gun off. There is no fix.

Below are my examples of what some might call a first round flyer. It's not consistent enough to be an issue but I do note it on the target if needed. BTW, I shoot a lot, I have a backyard range setup and I'm semi retired, so I have a little time on my hand to shoot.

I put up with what little first round flyers I have. I post these photos to show I am not a "poser", not saying anyone is just saying that I'm not and these photos should be evidence of that. I also speak from first hand (my hand) experience not from what I saw in a video or read in an article or read in a forum. Believe what you will. If you have a gun with a consistent first round flyer, either live with it or get rid of it. There is no cure.

Attachments

• Old Range Setup.jpg
    Old Range Setup.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20190613_201600.jpg
    20190613_201600.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 0519191950c.jpg
    0519191950c.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 55
  • 0519191952.jpg
    0519191952.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 60
  • 0514191859.jpg
    0514191859.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Ans 1813 CCI SV LOT ZA10 6-2-19.jpg
    Ans 1813 CCI SV LOT ZA10 6-2-19.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 79
  • ANS 1813 Lapua Pistol King 2-2-19.jpg
    ANS 1813 Lapua Pistol King 2-2-19.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Kimber SVT Eley Match Pistol 6-11-19.jpg
    Kimber SVT Eley Match Pistol 6-11-19.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 75
  • Sako M78 SK Rifle Match 2-18-19.jpg
    Sako M78 SK Rifle Match 2-18-19.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Zephyr Pistol King  NL 5-10-19.jpg
    Zephyr Pistol King NL 5-10-19.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: CJS-6.5
In his teen years pre-Army, my father's friend was showing him a long gun. The guy told my father to point it at his chest and pull the trigger as a fun joke.

My dad didn't know anything about guns and was reluctant to do that as he's a shy cautious guy. They found out a minute later THE GUN WAS LOADED. Had my father pulled the trigger... the guy would've had a hole in his chest... my father would have gone to prison... and I wouldn't have been born. The two of them sat there quietly for a few minutes and then my dad cried. The guy was shaking and sold that gun after that incident (he kept some handguns though).

That was one of my earliest lessons on gun safety.

"It's not loaded."

Hi,

Someone needs to tell this RF guy and his BARREL that they are incorrectly tuned via barrel tuner lol, because they had no cold bore flyer..not even the "sighter"...

Someone needs to tell Cern Addison of Richardson La that his 5 shot record of .225" would have been better IF he had not had that MANDATORY cold bore flyer.

Your premise of cold bore flyer as a requirement is completely baseless.....just because YOU have that problem, does not mean everyone else does.
As I mentioned in my first reply.....A properly tuned RF has NO such thing as cold bore flyer.....it may indeed have a poor/cold shooter flyer but the rifle does not have it.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

Someone needs to tell this RF guy and his BARREL that they are incorrectly tuned via barrel tuner lol, because they had no cold bore flyer..not even the "sighter"...

View attachment 7102518

Someone needs to tell Cern Addison of Richardson La that his 5 shot record of .225 would have been better IF he had not had that MANDATORY cold bore flyer.

Your premise of cold bore flyer as a requirement is completely baseless.....just because YOU have that problem, does not mean everyone else does.
As I mentioned in my first reply.....A properly tuned RF has NO such thing as cold bore flyer.....it may indeed have a poor/cold shooter flyer but the rifle does not have it.

Sincerely,
Theis

Horse to water Theis...horse to water

Hi,

View attachment 7102518

Someone needs to tell Cern Addison of Richardson La that his 5 shot record of .225" would have been better IF he had not had that MANDATORY cold bore flyer.

Sincerely,
Theis
Theis,
I'm not saying every gun has a first round flyer. Never said that anywhere. I would say based on my experience that most rimfire guns do not have a first round flyer. My very first post in this thread was only to point out that a guy on RFC said you should/could sight in for a cold bore shot and other guy backed him saying you could also use a tuner and get rid of the first round cold bore shot. Again, those two statements were one of the most stupid things someone said, firearm related.

I'm not sure where along the line you thought that I said it was a requirement for a rimfire to have a first round flyer??? The discussion was, IF YOU HAVE a first round flyer, how do you fix it. Damn, I got to take a pill now.

This is just it, nothing being said about how to correct for a first shot flyer. Someone always points me to a training video to watch or some article to read. In reality, no one has a solution to a problem that will never be solved. Because this is starting to get fun with people I want to explain this for newcomers who have just started reading this. Here is the scenario.

You just bought your new rimfire rifle (brand is irrelevant). Yout start shooting, getting used to it and all the other good stuff that comes along with a new toy. A period may pass and you are tired of shooting large objects like cans, those balls that bounce around, big swinger targets and so on. You now want to get down to serious accuracy work with your new but (broken in) because some believe a rimfire rifle needs a break in period. You buy different brands of ammo, good stuff, Eley, Lapua, SK, RWS, Wolf, Fed GM Match and so on. After the ammo evaluation is over you decide Lapua is the best for the rifle. During all this testing the shots were taken back to back to back and so on. The only cold bore or first round shot was waayyyy back and long forgotten about. So, testing is over and Lapua Center-X ammo is driving nails at 50 yards. You are so happy with your new rifle you decide to take it squirrel hunter with your friends and you keep reminding them of how accurate your rifle is. You see a tree rat, at 30 yards, you shoot, you miss. You start crying because you missed, all your buddies start to laugh at you, you start crying even harder, they start laughing harder and you get mad and go home.

After you are out of the psychiatric ward you decide to start testing your rifle again. You notice that the very first shot of the day goes 2" high and right, the next 4 shots goes center bullseye. You think everything is ok and you keep shooting, verifying the gun and ammo is good. Next day, you get the gun out and shoot again, same thing with the first shot, 2" high and right. You start to notice a pattern. EVERY FIRST SHOT OF THE DAY IS 2" HIGH AND RIGHT!

Adjusting the scope won't work, your next 4 shots will be 2" low and left. Besides, the first shot (cold bore) flyer will be there next time you get the rifle out again. Because of the characteristics of that particular rifle, the first shot never goes with the rest.

1. You "should" have an accurate enough rifle to distinguish that you really have a first round flyer.
2. I you don't have an accurate rifle (say one that shoots 3/4" 5 shot groups at 50 yards) the first round flyer still needs to be a few inches away from the rest to determine the rifle has a first round flyer.

Since no one has offered a solution on how to fix this problem I will. You either accept it the way it is and not worry about it or you sell/trade the gun off. There is no fix.

Below are my examples of what some might call a first round flyer. It's not consistent enough to be an issue but I do note it on the target if needed. BTW, I shoot a lot, I have a backyard range setup and I'm semi retired, so I have a little time on my hand to shoot.

I put up with what little first round flyers I have. I post these photos to show I am not a "poser", not saying anyone is just saying that I'm not and these photos should be evidence of that. I also speak from first hand (my hand) experience not from what I saw in a video or read in an article or read in a forum. Believe what you will. If you have a gun with a consistent first round flyer, either live with it or get rid of it. There is no cure.
Go troll elsewhere.

Reactions: Snuby642
Kissofdeath, how hard it’s it to understand that you would dial up and right 2” in your scenario for the cold bore shot. Then dial back down for the following shots? Accounting for the cold bore shot and have a nice tiny group?

Kissofdeath, how hard it’s it to understand that you would dial up and right 2” in your scenario for the cold bore shot. Then dial back down for the following shots? Accounting for the cold bore shot and have a nice tiny group?
Well, if you think this will work you would not dial up and right but down and left. Just saying. A lot of things sound good on paper or in this case a monitor but in the real world things don't work like that.

I guess I'm finished with this discussion as it has ran its course. I don't need to rehash what I have already said.

I don't claim to be an expert but I've done this shit for a long time and shot thousands of rounds so like the Farmers Insurance guy says, "I know a thing or two because I have seen a thing or two".

Stop cluttering the thread. Start your own rimfire barrel tuning thread.

Back to subject at hand. Most stupid thing I have heard in a while:

Vote Democrat.

I'm going to like that because of general principles ?

Nice comeback, how long did it take you to think up that one?
I thunked it up after the second post where you doubled down on your idiotic troll and I realized that you were just here to “show up” the “experts” here on the Hide by pretending to be the idiot you really are. I looked up your post history, so saw that you shot plenty and knew plenty. Why do you think most of us stopped responding to your dumb posts?

I normally don’t feed the trolls too much if I can’t avoid it, but responded just now to point out that you may be good at what you do, but you’re not as clever as you think you is. Most here tried to lead you to the answers at first, until we realized you were just being an ass and looking for smug satisfaction so that you can sleep at night.

Carry on, but take your trolling back to the rimfire forums, where I’m sure you are busy pointing out to your cronies how you showed those guys over at the Hide how stupid they are.
;)

I don't claim to be an expert but I've done this shit for a long time and shot thousands of rounds so like the Farmers Insurance guy says, "I know a thing or two because I have seen a thing or two".

Hi,

LOLOLOL, well would one of those things you have seen a time or two happen to be that competitive/Top Level RF guys discuss rounds in the MILLIONS not thousands lolol?
For example: That perfect ARA target above was done with barrel that had just over 100k rounds through it.

Let me say this again...there is not a legit RF (Not your walmart label with barrel made with drill bit) on this planet that can not have the "flyer" tuned out of it. Most of the time it is done by simply counter-sinking crown to achieve harmonic perfection. Others go an actual "tuner" route that works by changing the gas escape timeframe and location of the gas escape in comparison to where the barrel is at in its' harmonic movement aka barrel wave.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Let me say this again...there is not a legit RF (Not your walmart label with barrel made with drill bit) on this planet that can not have the "flyer" tuned out of it. Most of the time it is done by simply counter-sinking crown to achieve harmonic perfection. Others go an actual "tuner" route that works by changing the gas escape timeframe and location of the gas escape in comparison to where the barrel is at in its' harmonic movement aka barrel wave.

Sincerely,
Theis

You could have ended this whole mess by posting that in the first place...

Reactions: Bullfrog08
Don't hit me with all these negative waves... definitely the anti-social type. All this pent up aggression, chill out man.
Cool

You could have ended this whole mess by posting that in the first place...

Hi,

Well too bad I do not subscribe to the hold my hand while you connect the dots for me culture and should not need to break things down to a cellular level when the other person is attempting to argue what is and is not.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day..teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime. ALL the fish were given now yet the OP still thinks he is right because he did not learn it on his own. Has not researched barrel harmonics and waves. Has not researched methods (Although handed to him) used to control harmonics and waves, etc etc.

IF you know enough to argue against something when someone says otherwise then you damn well better know enough about it to argue the how and why the other person is wrong.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: 98Vandal
Hi,

Well too bad I do not subscribe to the hold my hand while you connect the dots for me culture and should not need to break things down to a cellular level when the other person is attempting to argue what is and is not.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day..teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime. ALL the fish were given now yet the OP still thinks he is right because he did not learn it on his own. Has not researched barrel harmonics and waves. Has not researched methods (Although handed to him) used to control harmonics and waves, etc etc.

IF you know enough to argue against something when someone says otherwise then you damn well better know enough about it to argue the how and why the other person is wrong.

Sincerely,
Theis
There you go again, interjecting thread killing logic,....

That you don't need to calculate the Coriolis Effect after 1000 yards based on shot direction because the Earth is flat and being pushed upwards at a constant speed.

Hi,

View attachment 7102518

Sincerely,
Theis

You are assuming that every .22 gun and every .22 barrel exhibits cold bore flier.
Sorry to be the one to inform you that this is not the case at all. That target doesn't mean anything in relation to the discussion.
The Cold bore flier will show itself at 25 yards, if you have this problem. You do not have to be shooting 50 yards or 50 meters to see it.
Factory CZ's are famous for throwing the first shot out in any direction as far as an inch to over and inch. At 25-30 yards. This will tell you a lot about what you will see at 50 yards.

Accounting for the cold bore flier, with a gun that exhibits the trait, by sighting in for the cold bore :
Nope. That's not going to happen. The reason it's not going to happen is because, as mentioned, the flier can go in any direction.
A properly tuned rimfire can indeed exhibit the issue. They exhibit the issue all the time. Why do you think that shooters use sighters and benchrest shooters will sit here and tell you that they would never shoot for record without warming the gun up. Even on a calm day.

Tuners :
It's laughable to suggest that a tuner will negate cold bore flier problems. You sound like Lee over on the Rimfire Feminist Central.
Every accuracy problem is either a carbon ring, or lack of a tuner.
Tuners aid ONLY to minimize verticle despersion. They do absolutely 0 for horizontal dispersion. Nothing.
When they get dirty, and they do, they will fling 22 projectiles each and everywhere. Read it again.
22 rimfires that exhibit cold bore flier problems DO indeed disperse Horizontally. A tuner will do 0 to rectify this.

A Yonkers Kimber SVT was tested with and without a tuner. It sports an 18 inch barrel. The gun shot worse with a tuner on it. The only thing the tuner did for the short stiff barrel is make it look goofy. I had a Smith and wesson model 41 with a Clark custom barrel. The gun was scoped, and would shoot nearly hole for hole at 25 yards. With 0 cold bore fliers. Imagine if you will how stupid that would have looked with a tuner on it. If tuners are the end all be all of 22 accuracy, explain to me why the 41 shot so well. If you can.

Accuracy and point of impact:
If your gun is sighted in to pinpoint ZERO mark today. Tomorrow or the next day , that will probably change. And shift slightly.
Just because it's sighted to pinpoint POI today doesn't mean by this time next week it will still be as such. In fact, it probably won't be " as such" tomorrow.
Assuming that because your gun is sighted in perfectly today, that it will remain that way forever, is laughable. That's not how it works.
And if you think it it will............go try it over the course of 7 days. Under calm conditions, with very little to adversely affect the projectile in flight.

At any rate. I'm sure I missed something relating to this discussion. Because I'm not going to go back and read 17 pages of " Lets Parrot the conventionally accepted norm." Even if its incorrect.

Additionally, you can reference the following link for some of the other PARROTED BS that you can find over on Feminist Forum Central on nearly a daily basis. Just look for my name about half way down the page.
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...fire-bolt-action.6569243/page-65#post-7814247

Sincerely,
T.S.

Seen not heard. People trying to poke @THEIS buttons. Generally considered to be bad to do. Theis, I've learned never get on your bad side.

Hi,

@Shooter_X

Sorry but I have not assumed anything...check the last paragraph in my exact thread you quoted lol...Pretty sure it specifically says the exact opposite of what you saying I am assuming :)

You did read back in the other replies where I list several ways to "Tune" a RF for fixed distance shooting right?? Action screw torques, recessed crowns, barrel tuners, etc etc.

And for the love of God...if we are going to discuss precision RFs can we not include factory rifles lolol...it would be like discussing how a Ruger acts to a Custom Barnard build just because both are chambered in 338LM.

You 22 experts do know who Don Geraci and Cern Addison are right? Just so I know how "deep" you are into precision rimfires.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Names don't mean anything to me. I just don't believe it's possible to make a rimfire that has a first round flyer problem miraculously bring that first round back to the other 4 (for a 5-shot group) without affecting the other 4. If you could adjust for the first round flyer the other 4 won't be in the same spot. Essentially you haven't done anything, you just moved the POI around.

I come in this thread not to start anything, but to contribute posting what someone said that was stupid. I didn't ask a question or ask for feedback. But evidently this person named Theis (don't mean shit to me) starts in with how wrong I am and how right he is. I didn't ask for any of that or your comments. I guess you have "a little man attitude" and every now and then try to show the uneducated here how smart you are. Well, have at it, I feel sorry for all the sheep who follow you. And another thing...all these targets you put up of other people?, why do you do that? If you are going to show something why don't you show something you've done? At least that would prove you are not a wannabe poser who reads books and watches videos and then thinks he is an expert.

One of the main ways I learn is by getting out and shooting. Shot 400 rounds today through my Kimber 82 SVT and 100 through my KRG Bravo stocked Tikka T1x . What did you do?

Hi,

Lets see..
I started the day out testing a new firing pin spring system for a new high pressure receiver design.
DSCE8561-F.JPG

I then tested the receiver design for operations at 100k PSI (Tested to 152k psi though). Good to Go.
DSCE8468-F.JPG

I then transitioned to the International side of business and handled this email:
Dear Theis,

We have inquiry from Montenegro.
There is urgent requirement for the below perhaps you have some available stock. It can be 1980 + ammunition

SHELL 8,000.00 M456 HEAT-T 105MM SHELL 8,000.00 M393 HEP-T 105MM
Can you assist?
If interested, I will contact you directly with the client.

Regards,
Azat Akhmerov
Project Development Manager

Sincerely,
Theis

Seen not heard. People trying to poke @THEIS buttons. Generally considered to be bad to do. Theis, I've learned never get on your bad side.

You haven't met me , yet.
His days are numbered as an authority of , inherently accurate, rimfire. And how to.
You dont know me. You have merely seen what he has parroted from others. And some of that has some small artifacts , of fact , regarding a 22lr projectile.

But I'm confident we will get to know each other and become friends. On the internet. Because thats what I live for. I'm sweet as Tennessee Whiskey.

I just learned a lot from Theis. Smart experienced people talk, I listen. People not so much on that level, I listen to the person who corrects them :D.
Might as well add you to the list of parrots. Like I said. Sweet as Tennessee Whiskey.

Class will begin pretty soon. Put your hats on. And your game faces. We can talk about nodes( tee hee) and everything. I will show you why one button rifled barrel is no better than the next button rifled barrel with the same tolerance.

I am so sorry. I had to edit this because I misspelled a werd.

T.S.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: THEIS
Names don't mean anything to me. I just don't believe it's possible to make a rimfire that has a first round flyer problem miraculously bring that first round back to the other 4 (for a 5-shot group) without affecting the other 4. If you could adjust for the first round flyer the other 4 won't be in the same spot. Essentially you haven't done anything, you just moved the POI around.

THAT is commonly referred to as , " chasing Zero."

They do it all the time. They never explain why.
You see, you have to know why, before you can explain why.
All of this sums up to the stupid idiot over on Rimfire Feminist Central , who claimed that Parralax doesnt matter when shooting for presicion accuracy.

Hint: Because inherent accuracy of the 22lr LOAD is not based on a one tricked pony.
AND its a load, Not a bullet. It is just like every other " LOAD" only different. Everything is different with this load.

For whatshisName,,,,,,,,,,,to contend, ..................well nevermind. Lets just watch what he has to say. He bess have his game face on.

To Frank - you should see a spike in the memberships. I have many stalkers who have been PROVEN WRONG with regard to 22 rimfire inherent accuracy. It should come as no surprise that this will repeat itself. Oh, and I might add. It aint braggin , if it's true.
And dont listen to the bullshit. " Oh that is TS!!!! HE IS A troll! He made a damn fool of me over there on that thar other feminist site"
By the way, I can whistle Dixie thru the gap in my two front remaining teeth. I call it a special talent. If nothing else........you will get a laugh. I stake my reputation on it. Just watch.

T.S. - seeing is believing

Last edited:
Kisssofdeath could you tell me why you chose that logon an title?

Glad you asked that. The name comes from a Dokken (hard rock band of the 80's) song "Kiss of Death". I still remember the day, I was sitting there, playing Quake II and drinking a 24oz Ice House (regular routine). Among my various songs burnt onto a CD, the song Kiss of Death started playing. It hit my like a ton of lead....Hell yeah, that would make a badass gaming name. Someone already had Kissofdeath so in my drunken geniusness added a 3rd "S" and the rest is history.

Having said all of that, I started using this username back in 1997 (yeah 22 years ago) when I played online games such as Quake II, Unreal Tournament and Rogue Spear. Fast forward, my gaming and drinking days are long long over but I kept using this username no matter where I went and what the forum was about such as ATV and firearm forums. The username probably immediately puts people in a defensive mode and promotes me as a trouble maker (which was its original intended purpose). The name has been with me for so long I can't shake it. I'm a normal person who has his own opinion of various subjects (just everyone else) that neither makes me right nor wrong.

I just come in this sub-forum to make a comment about something stupid someone said and then all hell breaks loose. Again, I didn't start anything and didn't ask for it.

THAT is commonly referred to as , " chasing Zero."

They do it all the time. They never explain why.
You see, you have to know why, before you can explain why.
All of this sums up to the stupid idiot over on Rimfire Feminist Central , who claimed that Parralax doesnt matter when shooting for presicion accuracy.

Hint: Because inherent accuracy of the 22lr LOAD is not based on a one tricked pony.
AND its a load, Not a bullet. It is just like every other " LOAD" only different. Everything is different with this load.

For whatshisName,,,,,,,,,,,to contend, ..................well nevermind. Lets just watch what he has to say. He bess have his game face on.

To Frank - you should see a spike in the memberships. I have many stalkers who have been PROVEN WRONG with regard to 22 rimfire inherent accuracy. It should come as no surprise that this will repeat itself. Oh, and I might add. It aint braggin , if it's true.
And dont listen to the bullshit. " Oh that is TS!!!! HE IS A troll! He made a damn fool of me over there on that thar other feminist site"
By the way, I can whistle Dixie thru the gap in my two front remaining teeth. I call it a special talent. If nothing else........you will get a laugh. I stake my reputation on it. Just watch.

T.S. - seeing is believing

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bourbonbent
Hi,

Lets see..
I started the day out testing a new firing pin spring system for a new high pressure receiver design.
View attachment 7103351

I then tested the receiver design for operations at 100k PSI (Tested to 152k psi though). Good to Go.
View attachment 7103352

I then transitioned to the International side of business and handled this email:
Dear Theis,

We have inquiry from Montenegro.
There is urgent requirement for the below perhaps you have some available stock. It can be 1980 + ammunition

SHELL 8,000.00 M456 HEAT-T 105MM SHELL 8,000.00 M393 HEP-T 105MM
Can you assist?
If interested, I will contact you directly with the client.

Regards,
Azat Akhmerov
Project Development Manager

Sincerely,
Theis

I fail to discern, what this has to do with the price of tea in China.
Moreover, I fail to discern what this has to do with cold bore fliers from a rimfire barreled action.
To blatantly state that this anomaly does not exist tells me more about your credentials than your resume up there.
Incidentally, I tested the firing pins on three different guns today. They all seemed to work just fine when I pulled the trigger and the guns went , bang.

Oh and while I'm here. I would like one person to show me irrefutable proof that action screw torque makes a .22lr more inherently accurate, or more consistently inherently accurate. Since that too has been mentioned. And parroted. Over and over again.

Furthermore, show me that a properly bedded action, tightened to reasonable torque spec, gained or lost overall consistent accuracy by moving spec two or three inch pounds. And please try not to impress me with intimate details of people who over do things and bow their actions. What I want to see, is where two or three inch pounds made a 22 rimfire more accurate. And not simply move POI around. This has been tried on youtube and turned into a miserable failure, by the way. I personally concluded that this was a huge waste of time well before this video was ever plastered to youtube.

Of course the good people at Rimfire Feminist Central argued about this until they were blue in the face and the cows came home, SWEARING that a few inch pounds here or there made a 22 rimfire more inherently accurate.

BUT if someone can prove me wrong.......undeniable irrefutable proof, I will eat my hat........and I will buy someone over there a new hairpiece.

But enough about that. Seeing is believing.
Here is the video.
Torque Spec makes a .22 rimfire more inherently accurate: A short tutorial on how to embarrass yourselves on rimfrire forums. Brought to you by T.S.

T.S. - Toodle Loo

Last edited:
First of all.............much respect to the armed forces of the United States.
This includes every Veteran who has served in the United States Military, since the nation was founded and bound by the Constitution.
Along with every LEO. Peace officers are the fine line that separates a civil society, from Anarchy.

Having said that. I am still here.
Tell me what you're waiting for, and I will try to make it happen.
As you can see, the Parroted bullshit , stops here.

Next I would like to discuss why the first shot has to count. And why a gun..........any gun,,,,,,,,,,,, IS not accurate, IF IT CAN'T DO THAT.

Highest Regards, I am,
T.S.

Last edited:
Interesting.

Could you please explain the "Hitman Assassin" reference as well, Sir?
first off I would like to put something to rest. In your above quote you make it sound like that it is still my intended purpose for my username to put people in a defensive mode or think of me as a trouble maker. That is not the case now, I hope people would not have negative thoughts or bad first impressions towards me now just because of my name. If it does, well, that sounds more like a liberal person issue.

As for Hitman Assassin, that's what kind of movies I like to watch and I also thought it went along with my username. Does any of this bother you or put you on edge?

first off I would like to put something to rest. In your above quote you make it sound like that it is still my intended purpose for my username to put people in a defensive mode or think of me as a trouble maker. That is not the case now, I hope people would not have negative thoughts or bad first impressions towards me now just because of my name. If it does, well, that sounds more like a liberal person issue.

As for Hitman Assassin, that's what kind of movies I like to watch and I also thought it went along with my username. Does any of this bother you or put you on edge?
You are the one who wrote what I quoted, so where is the attitude coming from, Sir.

As for your reference " Does any of this bother you or put you on edge?" Laughing,... You trying to make a funny or what?

Reactions: bourbonbent
No attitude here. Just making sure anyone who reads your quote and doesn't go back and pick up the rest of my reply "that was not quoted" will understand the time period I was talking about.

No, no funny. I just thought it was strange/funny/odd someone, anyone would ask why I wanted Hitman Assassin for my title. I don't even recall anyone asking why I have the username Kisssofdeath.

Now tell me why you chose your username and title?

Now tell me why you chose your username and title?
Well if you must know.
Fall 1965 I was one of two prime movers for the M14e2's, we played tag with some little people an some of their tall advisers for almost 3.5 hrs. The two pigs failed like they did in the early day's, the M16's were having issue as well. After it was over an we returned to camp I was met by the First shirt an C/O an they called me by my logon here an it's stuck all these years. Rusty nail, came at me after a run & gun Sub match a few years back, do to tactics I used to complete a few stages.
Frank ( LowLight) tagged me "Swifty Morgan" (from Support your local gunfighter)long ago, guess because I am tall an old, an about as apt to shoot myself in the foot as the target. Howeven even at my age now I can still find my way around a M14, no matter it's family member.