What's the most stupid thing you've been told?

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2017
    I remember that. The dick-head Harliss was allowed to retire with benefits. However, the driver sued him and the department in federal court.

If I recall correctly, they settled out of court.

This is the problem with qualified immunity. It has to go. This is another reason why the nomination of ACB is so important. Read the article below on what she thinks of qualified immunity. These cock-suckers need to lose every dime they have in their accounts, their retirement, their homes, their kids college funds and their freedom.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/3-cases-hint-amy-coney-101614685.html

I'd like to see dick-head Harliss get the same treatment in a traffic stop and see how he feels.
    Harliss deserves to be ambushed and beaten to within an inch of his life. Let's see how tough he really is without the badge.

Longshot231

Old Salt
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Mar 8, 2018
    Harliss deserves to be ambushed and beaten to within an inch of his life. Let's see how tough he really is without the badge.
    His worst nightmare would be to wake up in a prison cell and have an amorous inmate the size of Andre The Giant standing over him and all the security cameras are turned off. If he screams, it will only make it worse.

Reactions: 308pirate

Clocked92

Private
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    Was at Cabelas the other day just killing time. I should know better not to go there right before hunting season. Glorious amount of clueless individuals wandering around the gun counter looking for the setup that will help them bag a deer. One conversation caught my attention.

A guy was talking about how his gun was not sighted in and didn't know how to do it. The guy behind the counter told him that if he brings it in and gets it boresighted, he'd be able to take a deer out to 500 yards no problem right out of the store. No need to actually take it to the range.

kingaling

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 18, 2020
    Buckeye, Arizona
    Was at Cabelas the other day just killing time. I should know better not to go there right before hunting season. Glorious amount of clueless individuals wandering around the gun counter looking for the setup that will help them bag a deer. One conversation caught my attention.

A guy was talking about how his gun was not sighted in and didn't know how to do it. The guy behind the counter told him that if he brings it in and gets it boresighted, he'd be able to take a deer out to 500 yards no problem right out of the store. No need to actually take it to the range.
    lmao. I bought a rifle and scope from Cabelas once at the same time so they offered to mount it for free. I'm like sure why not. It's "free" and I like free. Took it to the range and at 100 yards it missed the paper. Maybe I should have had them boresight it in addition to mounting the scope. hahaha

AManWearingAHat

Sergeant of the Hide
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Oct 10, 2019
    Ive been told plenty of stupid things but nothing immediately jumping to mind, however... I have a stupid story to relay.

Prior to taking the required qualifying course for long range access at my current range, I was, erroneously, told that you had 20 rounds to make two hits at each distance on the line (350 - 600 by 50 yard increments) on the 12" plates they had out there. So me being new into the world of long range shooting, did my homework, much of it on this website, purchased a suitable rifle for the task in my budget, bought a very nice piece of glass, developed a suitable load with good chronograph data and plugged it all into the Hornady ballistic calculator app.

Turns out that was not the case.... the classroom portion was long and boring. I had covered everything in much greater depth and detail just reading here. The shooting part was out and out torture.... my better half and I took it together. There was no 20 round limit. With ~20 people in the course, everyone shot... one at a time... at each distance until everyone made hits (everyone at 350, then everyone at 400, etc.). Of the shooters there, I would say maybe 4 others were appropriately equipped with ballistic data. The rest were guessing and hoping we could spot them. The Ms and I both passed after 13 rounds total between the two of us and about 5 total minutes of shooting. The rest of the time was spent watching people miss for 4 hours. The silver lining in the whole thing were a few "just as good" types had a bit of an awakening watching my girlfriend wipe the course with my Savage and ZP5.