• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's the most stupid thing you've been told?

hot_chicks_with_guns_80.gif

Reactions: Ludasmith and lash
Came across this silliness the other day. Was reading a book on the “authoritative” history of snipers in the First World War. Interesting read but I got to the part where he was talking about steel “sniper plates” with small loopholes that were utilized on the western front. Even mentioned the French where using lathed turned solid projectiles back then to pierce the armour. Then begins to talk about how a .303 FMJ fired from a Lee Enfield would not penetrate thicker steel plates, but if the sniper simply removed the cartridge from the case and inserted backwards, the flat back of the boat tail would pierce the armor plate and kill the German sniper.

creepy dudes!!!

Are we ignoring that she necessarily would have walked right past, and certainly stepped over, the “unseen” fuel filler hose on her way to her start position in the video? Or are we going to acknowledge that this is as real as Pro Wrestling?

Are we ignoring that she necessarily would have walked right past, and certainly stepped over, the “unseen” fuel filler hose on her way to her start position in the video? Or are we going to acknowledge that this is as real as Pro Wrestling?
people voted for a senile pedophile and a prostitute to run the country, so no i am not baffled that she walked past it.

Came across this silliness the other day. Was reading a book on the “authoritative” history of snipers in the First World War. Interesting read but I got to the part where he was talking about steel “sniper plates” with small loopholes that were utilized on the western front. Even mentioned the French where using lathed turned solid projectiles back then to pierce the armour. Then begins to talk about how a .303 FMJ fired from a Lee Enfield would not penetrate thicker steel plates, but if the sniper simply removed the cartridge from the case and inserted backwards, the flat back of the boat tail would pierce the armor plate and kill the German sniper.
The Germans did that with the 8mm to penetrate tanks. It is real.

Not saying what is/isn't real, but in the discussion of this topic, the only thing I can wrap my head around is that by doing this there is less bullet deformation (hinging on pending bullet construction of the day) and by some extension more energy distribution to deform/dent/crack the armor and weaken it faster...and ultimately allowing penetration to occur withing fewer shots.

There is also allusion to the damage being done not by the projectile but off of spawling/peppering on the internal side of the armor injuring the inhabitants.

Really? It made no sense to me. Increased drag and lower bc would equal less velocity and kinetic energy spread across an increased surface area would it not? Therefore less penetrating power?
Reloading bullets backwards in cartridges with no reloading equipment in a damp, muddy, rat infested trench getting either shelled or attacked or attacking constantly didn’t seem very plausible either.

Please don’t tell me you think he missed and still killed that deer?
I have had a bullet travel within a foot of my head. I did not have time to ask it what caliber it was, but the only feeling I had was the shit in my pants. It was not a 50, but it was a hunting rifle. If we use scale, I should have felt something. I would make a bet that it would be worse to stand 3 feet at a right angle to a 50 BMG brake than a bullet missing you by inches.

Reactions: Krawlven and lash
The 'smell of death' in the woods.....deer won't come into an area where an animal has died. Maybe best was being lectured about how thermal was a waste of money b/c hogs would smell me a mile away....same genius as smell of death. So I'd head out for a hunt wearing street clothes I'd been in all day, pump gas in same boots, drive around listening to college football on radio eating a snack at 10pm scanning cattle pasture. Find em, get out and let it rip inside 50 yards. Then he went to 'so ya think we could borrow your thermal one night?'. He had countless other amazing insights, but SOD was his best moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Really? It made no sense to me. Increased drag and lower bc would equal less velocity and kinetic energy spread across an increased surface area would it not? Therefore less penetrating power?
Reloading bullets backwards in cartridges with no reloading equipment in a damp, muddy, rat infested trench getting either shelled or attacked or attacking constantly didn’t seem very plausible either.
Drag and BC had nothing to do with it, they where engaging at around 100 yards and in. It had to come from the factory loaded that way most of the time. The flat boat tail end, would reduce ricochets and punch through the armor.

Last edited:
Not saying what is/isn't real, but in the discussion of this topic, the only thing I can wrap my head around is that by doing this there is less bullet deformation (hinging on pending bullet construction of the day) and by some extension more energy distribution to deform/dent/crack the armor and weaken it faster...and ultimately allowing penetration to occur withing fewer shots.

There is also allusion to the damage being done not by the projectile but off of spawling/peppering on the internal side of the armor injuring the inhabitants.
Your analysisIs is correct. The lead and copper bullets would have the tip brake off and ricochet. Turning the bullets around proved not to be very reliable on newer versions of tanks. So they made a steel core K bullet. The spalling effect you are talking about is also true; hence HESH.

Last edited:
Just looking at the damage it did to the house and the car from 200 feet, I'm not sure I want to be within inches or a few feet of it. But, like they said, it would take more experimentation to be sure.
Thanks for the video.
You’re not a hard rigid mass, or a sealed large volume enclosure. You’re soft fleshy body (albeit with an impenetrably hard skull). I’ve sat in competition stereo cars where the doors were filled with cement, and the windshield had to be held in the frame with straps from the roof to the hood so it wouldn’t blow out. These cars break glass. I could imagine your shock when I got out unscathed.
The camera crew were less than 200 feet from the house and they’re all fine.

Bullshit. “Additional propellant was added”.
If they suddenly started to penetrate it was because of velocity, not because wad cutters. I’m sure they did this, but that it’s effective is myth, and if it wasn’t all ap projectiles would be wad cutters. They aren’t because it’s bullshit.

If they suddenly started to penetrate it was because of velocity, not because wad cutters. I’m sure they did this, but that it’s effective is myth, and if it wasn’t all ap projectiles would be wad cutters. They aren’t because it’s bullshit.
Calm down. I never claimed it was effective. He said he didn’t think it happened. I proved that it did. Also they only reversed the copper and lead bullets, not the steel core ones. It was because the copper and lead ones had the tips brake off on impact. The bullets where too soft to penetrate. Turning them around, and there was no tip to brake off.

The bullet braking up and losing its energy, is the philosophy behind the armor on the leopard 2a5, 2a6, and 2a7. Only instead of bullets, they are defending against APFSDS.

Last edited:

I tested this one in my youth. I had a 1/2" AR500 plate and pulled some M2 ball (.30-06 flavor, not .50) and loaded them backwards. The backwards bullets put 3/8" wide and 1/8" deep craters in the plate, and spalled paint off the back side. Forward bullets did what they usually do, little dimples, if anything. So did they penetrate? not really... but they did a surprising amount of damage. Some sort of Pb-fueled munroe effect or something.

I'll have to try it again some. I have some 1/4" AR500 plates that are a step away from scrap...

Calm down. I never claimed it was effective. He said he didn’t think it happened. I proved that it did. Also they only reversed the copper and lead bullets, not the steel core ones. It was because the copper and lead ones had the tips brake off on impact. The bullets where too soft to penetrate. Turning them around, and there was no tip to brake off.
Lol. Go fuck yourself. My BP never passes 120 calling bullshit on something so stupid. But I guess you saw a cartoon on the internet, so it has to be true?

Lol. Go fuck yourself. My BP never passes 120 calling bullshit on something so stupid. But I guess you saw a cartoon on the internet, so it has to be true?
Dude they weren’t very effective at all. They had about one to three chance of penetration. They had a high chance of blowing up the gun when used. However they where used on the battlefield, only for about a year though until steel core bullets where used.

I’m not arguing the effectiveness. I’m saying they where used

Did you ignore the Wikipedia link directly underneath the post with the video?

Reactions: ShadowBear
The references cited in the Wikipedia article seem valid, including a contemporary 1915 NYT article and the results of British Army tests conducted during WW1. Really no reason to doubt it. Doubt the effectiveness, sure. But historically it certainly appears to have happened.

Average price of 9mm hollow points after tax in the Hampton Roads area was over $2 a round a few weeks ago, $42 for 20 rounds. If you could find it in stock. I felt bad that a friend had to pay that because I don't have any spare 9mm HP.

Last edited:
Plot twist

She used the nozzle to masturbate that night

The reason it sometimes worked has to do with the application of energy over time.

A non ap round at high enough velocity penetrates for the same reason.

When a lower velocity, non ap round is fired, the tip deformity as it crushes down slows the velocity of the rear of the bullet.

When fired in reverse, and striking perpendicular, all of the energy is transmitted abruptly without the deceleration of a Spitzer design. That can increase penetration in some situations.

The reason it sometimes worked has to do with the application of energy over time.

A non ap round at high enough velocity penetrates for the same reason.

When a lower velocity, non ap round is fired, the tip deformity as it crushes down slows the velocity of the rear of the bullet.

When fired in reverse, and striking perpendicular, all of the energy is transmitted abruptly without the deceleration of a Spitzer design. That can increase penetration in some situations.
:rolleyes:
Did you watch the tests?

:rolleyes:
Did you watch the tests?
Yes, but I first read about this as well as the physics behind it long before.

Hard penetrators work because they don't compress and decelerate just the same, and heavier than lead penetrators are harder and compress less. But even a lead projectile, if fast enough will be enough to overcome said deceleration. Sectional density is a similar concept.

Of course, other types of penetrators exist. I'd like to read up on it, I imagine it became more of a thing with high velocity smokeless Spitzer rounds for the typical soldier.

That wasn't true scientific testing in the vid BTW but a single anecdote.

No need to be a fig about it.

The only reason it might have worked is higher velocity. The rest of your theory on the shape of a deforming, non AP, bullet is myth, and an easily proven myth by the test, and about a million target, wad cutters, and M855s down range. It’s made up.

The principals of period and area of an impact are correct. It’s just they don’t apply here. The differences are too minute to matter at all

I feel like I’m on ARF or Accurateshooter. Now tell me how your bullets go to sleep.

Believe what you want to believe.

Reference:

F18 is fair sized.

R

How embarrassing that the Navy played along with those retards. They probably have safety glass in the window. Mach 1 produces a sonic boom. Mach 2 produces one helluva sonic boom.

What's really stupid is Jamie doesn't know the difference between a bullet sonic boom and a muzzle blast from a brake. I can't stand those fucking idiots.

• Haha
Reactions: Davo308 and Rthur
The only reason it might have worked is higher velocity. The rest of your theory on the shape of a deforming, non AP, bullet is myth, and an easily proven myth by the test, and about a million target, wad cutters, and M855s down range. It’s made up.

The principals of period and area of an impact are correct. It’s just they don’t apply here. The differences are too minute to matter at all

I feel like I’m on ARF or Accurateshooter. Now tell me how your bullets go to sleep.

Believe what you want to believe.
Still getting figgy with it I see.

They used big game rifles in Africa calibers to defeat armor too, fig.

How embarrassing that the Navy played along with those retards. They probably have safety glass in the window. Mach 1 produces a sonic boom. Mach 2 produces one helluva sonic boom.

What's really stupid is Jamie doesn't know the difference between a bullet sonic boom and a muzzle blast from a brake. I can't stand those fucking idiots.
They used to film that near by. I tried to find the chick but never did.

I guess the Asian guy died.

I have had a bullet travel within a foot of my head. I did not have time to ask it what caliber it was, but the only feeling I had was the shit in my pants. It was not a 50, but it was a hunting rifle. If we use scale, I should have felt something. I would make a bet that it would be worse to stand 3 feet at a right angle to a 50 BMG brake than a bullet missing you by inches.

I had my fair share pretty close. It doesn’t do anything if it doesn’t hit you. Well, except damage your hearing.