• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's up with Columbia River Arms?

rcmigpilot

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2012
Louisiana
I ordered a barrel on black Friday and they said 8-12 weeks. It's been 10 weeks so I emailed to see if they had an ETA on the barrel and the email bounced. I know I had the right address as I replied to an earlier email. After the email bounced I went to their web page and it won't open. Anybody know what's up with them?

It’s possible that their web page/email is just down. Its happens. I’d give it a few days.

Doesn't look good, phone # says it's been disconnected, guess I'll try to dispute the charges with Discover.

They posted on twitter two days ago, but link to Facebook wasn't working

Found the twitter feed and used search to find the FB page, posts from Friday on an upcoming barrel reveal on both sites, not what I would expect from a company closing their doors. I sent them a FB message I'll post what I hear. If their phones are IP based a failed server might explain what's going on.

They just had a sale for shot show. I put a order in for a barrel Jan 27th. The webstore would not give me a shipping rate online, so it would not let me complete the order online. I sent them an email and they emailed me back the next day, we completed the order on the phone.

They'er still live and well. Just acknowledged on FB and IG that website and email are down. Call if you need anything.

I know a few folks who have said they’ve had issues with Columbia River Arms/Black Hole Weaponry in recent years, especially some funky stuff with finances moving into a new shop and then back... but...

I’ve built rifles with over 30 BHW barrels in the last ~10yrs, and all of them have been sub-MOA rifles, fast barrels, and easy cleaning. I have only had ONE incident where they messed up a barrel, they cut a lightweight contour instead of standard, they called before it shipped to be finished and asked if I wanted to wait for the right profile or take the lightweight. My customer wanted to stick with the contour we ordered, so BHW pushed the barrel through the line in one day to keep their delivery promise, so I could keep m

They do take a long damned time. A big backlog, it seems. But they always deliver, and they always have shot well for me. If ordered on their multiple 20-30% sales every year, they’re quite price competitive for their quality.

But they did just post on IG that their site was down, and subsequently posted it’s back up now.