• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your buyers remorse

Just disappointed with the way it shot, and didn’t enjoy shooting it. Also didn’t know what it was, and later found out it had been rebarreled and had no collector’s value.
There is always collector value. The history itself is worth the cost of ownership.

You can't pick up a field grade rifle for under $650.

To each their own though.

Athlon Cronus binos. Box fell apart as I was opening. Never even used them and later sold

Ruger sr-556, back in the day when piston AR's were being backed by all the youtubers. My first AR and it was front heavy with no real advantage.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Just disappointed with the way it shot, and didn’t enjoy shooting it. Also didn’t know what it was, and later found out it had been rebarreled and had no collector’s value.
Does it need a new home or does it already have one?

I'm as fickle as a 15 year old school girl and its a hobby. I don't go to bars, strip clubs, or country clubs...I spend my play money on this stuff. I'm impulsive when I'm not over thinking and spending hours researching. Sometime it doesn't live up to the hype, sometimes it collects dust.

I went on a carbon fiber barrel kick in 2019 and purchased 6...one is finally arriving on Monday and after 5 months of waiting...I'm already asking myself, "why did I order this?" Oh well another 18" Carbon 6.5 for a Tikka, sell it or mount it up...I'll let you know Tuesday!

Reactions: Boatninja
A Schmidt and Bender klassic 4-16 with an A8 reticle and dial turret. Hard to see the varmint dots and being an moa bdc reticle basically for 22-250, it doesn’t work well for me or teach me much.

Remington 700 Milspec. I got the rifle I wanted after I put too much money into it. I later build a rifle based on a Bighorn action, Hawk Hill barrel and XLR chassis, so much easier.

Forgot one. Why they hell did I buy so much multi cam crap. Sold a lot of it. Thought I needed to be paf. Professional as f$@k.

I see your buyers remorse, and raise you:

1. My first ex wife

2. My second ex wife.
49C0A9DB-0A1E-4E81-B8FD-67726AAB7B77.gif

Most anything that wasn’t either a) exactly what I wanted or b) the best (mainly talking loading equipment)

I’d always end up eventually getting what I intended or upgrading to the better equipment. The saying “I can’t afford to buy cheap shit” holds true. You’ll spend more money over the long run not buying the best.

Also, I have buyer’s remorse for @TheGerman picking an mrad over an AI.

Buying a Kahles scope after reading the Schmidt Bender thread!

I think Khales really hold their own in the top tier scopes, amongst their peers in the same price point.

They don't necessarily do any one thing the best, but across all the categories they do very well. It may not have the absolute best contrast, has a slight bit of CA, etc, but overall it's a very solid performer. It's a really good performing scope, with excellent reticle options.

I think the Khales have great value.

Reactions: dzander
Can't say I personally have any regrets. I've been fortunate enough to have a career that's allowed me to buy what I want the first time around.

The equipment that's probably caused me the most amount of heartache is my first rifle - a GAP Crusader in 6.5 creedmoor. The cerakoted action did not like dusty conditions at all, it would lock up at the mere sight of dust. Definitely made for some frustrating matches. I've since upgraded to a Mausingfield and it's been an excellent upgrade.

Can't say I've had any regrets though, not even the GAP rifle. It's all been a learning experience and a constant evolution.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
My first scope purchase was one of those "counter sniper Scopes" that were out and about around 2008. Yeah, in learned my lesson there. I will say after the scope quit, I called and raised hell with them, they did refund me my money.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Totally regret buying a Sig Mosquito .22LR Pistol.
Sig mosquito has to be on the top of the list for everyone who owns one. Best single shot semiautomatic out there. ? I don’t own one but I know a few guys at the range that have them.

I'm as fickle as a 15 year old school girl and its a hobby. I don't go to bars, strip clubs, or country clubs...I spend my play money on this stuff. I'm impulsive when I'm not over thinking and spending hours researching. Sometime it doesn't live up to the hype, sometimes it collects dust.

I went on a carbon fiber barrel kick in 2019 and purchased 6...one is finally arriving on Monday and after 5 months of waiting...I'm already asking myself, "why did I order this?" Oh well another 18" Carbon 6.5 for a Tikka, sell it or mount it up...I'll let you know Tuesday!
I’m your buyer if you decide to sell it.

At first, I was being a glass snob. Always had that itch to try every other different scope.

Now, I'm more of a rifle hoarder. I want to buy every good deal I find on rifles here in the PX. I bought one recently that I still don't receive it and I'm already planning on switching the stock and bottom metal. There goes another item I post on the PX. While I probably won't do this right away when I receive the rifle, it is something I'm already thinking and planning on doing down the road.

Reactions: DROWN
I think my biggest regrets come from selling stuff...not that I shouldn't have sold it, but that I sold it too quickly for a lower price than I should have ...OR, the one thats plagued me more is trading a gun for a different gun that in turn either wasn't as good as I thought, or has less value than what I traded for it. I think I get too anxious and trade at the first "hello" lol

I don't have too many buying regrets...and I might be the only one but I DO NOT regret buying either of my Savages lol

Reactions: Islas82
I have a lot of things that I bought that didn't work out for one reason or another. Each of those things taught me a lesson that I'm not sure I would have learned other ways.

For instance, when I was building my first "precision" rifle, I couldn't fathom spending as much on optics and equipment as I currently do. I didn't know shit about optics, and I looked at magnification ranges more than anything else. I don't necessarily "regret" the $350 scopes I tried out. Or the Rem 700 SPS Tactical that I ended up sending to LRI for a tune up. All of those experiences caused me to loose a bit of money.. not much, but they also taught me a lot of lessons.

Last edited:
Savage 22 - wouldn’t eject
B80 20 ga shotgun - junk!
Bond Arms derringer - worst trigger EVER! Now they offer an upgraded trigger job for $150! Oh yeah “nothing” wrong with old trigger -wrong!!

Buyer and sellers remorse with a used Browning 20ga A500. Unbelievable condition! So good I didn’t shoot it so I figured dang if you arent going to shoot it get rid of it! So I traded it, but now I often wish I had that gun back!

Only have remorse over 2 things... both times I listened to the hype instead of doing my own thing.

Athlon BTR - So much hype about how good the glass is... never been so sad looking through scope. It's not "GOOD"

What model? Cronus?

Savage 110 Tactical was my biggest regret. It shot well, but I couldn't overlook the heavy bolt lift and shoddy feeding.

I dont really ever regret buying guns. I have some guns I dont shoot anymore and have become safe bunnies.. but Scopes... scopes on the other hand.. I sometimes regret purchasing them.. the resale always seems to be tough, because I wanna try them out and give them a fair shake too see if I really like them or not and have no reason to really keep them if I dont like them. so scopes are def something I regret from time to time..

Most anything that wasn’t either a) exactly what I wanted or b) the best (mainly talking loading equipment)

I’d always end up eventually getting what I intended or upgrading to the better equipment. The saying “I can’t afford to buy cheap shit” holds true. You’ll spend more money over the long run not buying the best.

The irony here is that I trained on the G22 for years, yet when given the choice, picked an MRAD.

Reactions: M77

Exactly-not buying exactly what I want always bites me in the azzz. Took a long time and a lot of $$$$ to figure this out.

Seecamp .32

They were all the rage back in the 90's. Waited months to get one. Expensive little gun. Got it and found it was unreliable as fuck. Couldn't get through one magazine without a failure. Ended up selling it quick. Don't think I lost any money on it either.

Seecamp .32

They were all the rage back in the 90's. Waited months to get one. Expensive little gun. Got it and found it was unreliable as fuck. Couldn't get through one magazine without a failure. Ended up selling it quick. Don't think I lost any money on it either.

Damn-that's a blast from the past :D

Reactions: Arc Light
I would have to look it up. Probably 4 years ago. I sold it with full disclosure...lots of internet complaints for the same model.

if you’re talking about the Savage Mk2, I had the same issues. I have a MK2 FVSR. Played around with a little and did some research and ended up putting a 2nd c-clip over the 1st that goes over the extractor.

have yet to have another problem in 500ish rounds. Also, CCI SV gunked up my chamber so i stopped using that.

for a $250 rifle I have zero complaints. Sometimes it just takes a little elbow grease to get em going right.

Not necessarily buyers remorse however, I have a really bad habit of settling for like objects vice waiting a couple extra weeks or months to buy what I wanted in the first place. In the end, I’ll get what I want but it’ll cost way more....
This is me x1000. I have an internal fight going on over buying a custom action that I can buy now (impact or bighorn) vs just waiting and buying an AI AX or something like that that’s 2-3x more. I have the glass for it but I’m not a big fan of waiting. Also going for a cheaper tripod or just sticking it out for an RRS. It’s tough.

Reactions: EN2722
This is me x1000. I have an internal fight going on over buying a custom action that I can buy now (impact or bighorn) vs just waiting and buying an AI AX or something like that that’s 2-3x more. I have the glass for it but I’m not a big fan of waiting. Also going for a cheaper tripod or just sticking it out for an RRS. It’s tough.
Oh how I’m so familiar with that feeling lol

Advice? Just wait...?

Oh how I’m so familiar with that feeling lol

Advice? Just wait...?
I think I’m going to. It’s hard to wait when you keep browsing all the great deals on the PX tho lol

Reactions: EN2722
Cheap AR's and making the MOA to Mil switch. Ugh.

I can’t decide if my 6.5 Grendel was a good purchase or not. Realistically I only shoot steel to 700 yards, so for that it’s almost the perfect caliber, but I think out of an AR, a good 77smk load would do the same, or at least teach me something in the process, and I already had a good shooting “match” AR at the time. I’ve since sold my dies for it, but now I’m thinking I regret that more than buying the upper. The factory ammo is pretty good for it though. ?‍♂️

Kinda regret getting into reloading.

My last range trip I was finally feeling good about my handload groups until I put three rounds of factory match in the same damn hole.

Don't underestimate some factory loads, especially if your rifle likes them. The ability of handloads goes wayyyy beyond factory ammo, but its not always as easy as it looks. How long have you been reloading?

Buyers remorse:
FAL
M1A
LWRC Repr
Desert Tech SRS
remington 1911
sig 226
savage long range hunter
Barrett M99
EDM Windrunner
6.8spc upper
2x 6.5grendel uppers

Sellers remorse:
Scar 17
Rem700 5r .308
M1 Garand H&R

Kinda regret getting into reloading.

My last range trip I was finally feeling good about my handload groups until I put three rounds of factory match in the same damn hole.
Lots of factory ammunition shoots good groups.
Doesn’t hold up at distance pretty often.

I don’t regret reloading and I can’t say I really enjoy it.

Reactions: chrome and sleeplz
At the stage I’m at in life/shooting, I have enough money now to make the purchases I wanted to make from the beginning but couldn’t afford to. So gradually I’m selling the stuff that got me started and upgrading.

this is exactly me right now.. at an unsustainable exponential rate lol!

Reactions: txguero
Sig mosquito has to be on the top of the list for everyone who owns one. Best single shot semiautomatic out there. ? I don’t own one but I know a few guys at the range that have them.

everytime I open my safe I battle with myself on selling mine. but its the only 22 pistol I own... and I never shoot the damn thing either lol

You didnt like the FAL or M1A??? Any reason why?

The m1a would always have failures to extract, I sent it back and it continued to fail. You could shoot 3 then fail, shoot 6 fail, there was no rhyme or reason but you couldn't get through a 20rnd mag without it failing to extract at some point. I tried FGMM, cheap winchester, everything. The FAL just wasn't accurate enough for me.... I love tiny groups, that's why I regret selling my scar.

9 LBS of Varget from Basspro Shop, they show it as ready to ship and I bought, so they called me telling it will be shipped in 60 days.
Since it was hard to find I agree, now there is Varget popping out and I don't know if I will get mine from them.