• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your buyers remorse

The m1a would always have failures to extract, I sent it back and it continued to fail. You could shoot 3 then fail, shoot 6 fail, there was no rhyme or reason but you couldn't get through a 20rnd mag without it failing to extract at some point. I tried FGMM, cheap winchester, everything. The FAL just wasn't accurate enough for me.... I love tiny groups, that's why I regret selling my scar.

Had a similar issue with my loaded M1A. Looked up a guy on youtube named "tonyben"... hes an M1A guru. I ended up buying a USGI M14 bolt kit from Windy City Sourcing and that fixed it right up. Went to the range a week after I installed it and went through 3 mags perfectly. IF you ever want another M1A, thats what I recommend doing.

hahah, yaaaa FAL's are like the AK's of battle rifles. I agree you never should have sold the Scar 17.... absolutely one of the best battle rifles ever made. My company in 1st Ranger Battalion did the trial runs with them for USASOC in 2009. All of 75th Ranger Regiment ended up keeping the Scar 17's. They're pretty sick with a 12.5" barrel on em too...and full auto

That’s exactly why you should never sell guns... ? ?
I honestly think sellers remorse is worse for me than buyers. I usually look up stuff and know exactly what I want/ need before buying. But when I sell things, it’s usually an instant regret

I got a CMP M1 Garand Special Grade (new barrel and stock) with receiver from 1952 w parts from who knows where (like Johnny Cash’s Cadillac) and I’m happy. Shoots great.

Guess that doesn’t fit this thread.... ?

May not always work out that way....

Got a buddy who sold most of his rifles to fund “the perfect build”: Bighorn, McMillan, Bix n Andy, NF scope, 6.5cm by a big name smith.

Not even sure if he shoots anymore....nice rifle though.....

purchased a blueprinted 260 with Krieger MTU profile, it shoots lights out, thats not the issue, but i would rather have a pencil bbl 260 mountain rifle now.

Bergara B14 HMR, Out of all the bolt action rifles I've owned the Bergara has been the worst. Poor accuracy and barrel would copper foul quickly.

for a $250 rifle I have zero complaints. Sometimes it just takes a little elbow grease to get em going right.
I did read that was a possible fix, but I don’t think you should have to modify a new gun to make it eject brass. the stock was terrible as well. I wasn’t impressed,and didn’t care to put more money into it. Also I was using for nighttime work and wanted reliable.

Remington 887 - The bolt exploded out of the side of the gun 30 shells in. I was shooting 2-3/4" #6 bird shot. It was a 3-1/2" magnum gun. Such a horrible shotgun.

Remington 700 Long Range - Because not only are Remingtons a rolling dumpster fire, but a 29" barrel .300 Win Mag has very little use. Bad decision on my part. The Bell and Carlson stock on it was trash, super crooked.

CZ SP-01 Tactical - Because all of the high praise made me believe that with a full on Cajun Pro kit, that this would be a fantastic gun. Yeah, it's cool, but at the end of the day it's so close in performance to my Glock 45 that I carry the glock for the weight savings. I should have bought a Tactical Sport Orange instead.

I sold a couple NF NXS scopes because they were SFP and MOA——damn they were nice.

Reactions: Friday
I sold a couple NF NXS scopes because they were SFP and MOA——damn they were nice.

I did read that was a possible fix, but I don’t think you should have to modify a new gun to make it eject brass. the stock was terrible as well. I wasn’t impressed,and didn’t care to put more money into it. Also I was using for nighttime work and wanted reliable.

I understand. If I had paid $500-$700 for it like a nice CZ costs I would have been annoyed. I have a CZ 452 Trainer and it is definitely a nicer rifle....but it’s not any more accurate.

I suppose my liking of the rifle is also from a place where it works now lol. And I have a Boyd’s At-One stock on the way.

Luckily, I don't have too much buyer's remorse

1. My 10/22. Dumped $500 total into it including the gun. Not the worst I could have done, but I really should have spent that $500 on something better.
2. My CZ-75b. It's not bad, but I should have gotten a P-01 instead.
3. My Burris Timberline. I got it when I was new to guns. Won't make that mistake again.

Buyers remorse.... all my Savages, and the ex. No sellers remorse on either.

Last edited:
Buyer's Remorse - Very very early KAC 16in 7.62 Battle Rifle. #FML

Seller's Remorse - My first AI I ever bought and a Ted Yost Browning Hi-Power. Sold both of those way back in the day (10+ years ago), learned from my mistakes.

And I have to add one that will probably generate hate mail!!
Beretta A300 12 ga.
First problem was not fully feeding a shell, so I installed a stronger spring. Then it wouldn’t eject, so the fix was to polish the chamber. That worked!!
Now about every 50 rounds it fails to fire. (hammer drops but apparently not fully in battery so it is blocked) still working on this issue!
yes clean, yes great ammo, etc etc. I may have to actually use Beretta or a gunsmith, but being Beretta they should just work!

Why? I honestly don't know anything about them, and am considering buying a semi auto 22 pistol.

I HIGHLY recommend the new Ruger Mk4. I have the standard grip Tactical model and it’s great. Runs everything I put through it with and without a suppressor. and with the new model it’s one of the easiest guns to take apart now.

Reactions: rookie7
Remington 887 - The bolt exploded out of the side of the gun 30 shells in. I was shooting 2-3/4" #6 bird shot. It was a 3-1/2" magnum gun. Such a horrible shotgun.

Remington 700 Long Range - Because not only are Remingtons a rolling dumpster fire, but a 29" barrel .300 Win Mag has very little use. Bad decision on my part. The Bell and Carlson stock on it was trash, super crooked.

CZ SP-01 Tactical - Because all of the high praise made me believe that with a full on Cajun Pro kit, that this would be a fantastic gun. Yeah, it's cool, but at the end of the day it's so close in performance to my Glock 45 that I carry the glock for the weight savings. I should have bought a Tactical Sport Orange instead.
Love my TSO, they are hard to beat for an out of the box gun.

Reactions: UpSideDown
Buying a rifle from "Q". Wish I never supported that company in any way. Sold it and have no regrets there.

All the cheap under $300 scopes I used to buy before there was such a thing as a halfway decent $300 scope!
I could’ve bought a S&B or TT if I’d saved

Bought a friends M1A SuperMatch and I can’t get it to group. Don’t know what to do next.
Buyers remorse.... all my Savages, and the ex. No sellers remorse on either.

Dammit! I’ve got a Savage 10 308 deer rifle that I got to replace my stupid purchase M70 300wsm Featherweight Winchester. You guys sure make it tough to love a Savage ... ?

Reactions: Gustav7
Any time I have buyers remorse it's from buying factory guns. I use to buy them all the time because I thought I was finding better and better platforms. In the end, 99 percent of them are basically the same. Once I got into ELR, I sold all my factory ones that I had bought over the years and now I just buy dedicated/built rifles for specific purposes.

I think my biggest regrets come from selling stuff...not that I shouldn't have sold it, but that I sold it too quickly for a lower price than I should have ...OR, the one thats plagued me more is trading a gun for a different gun that in turn either wasn't as good as I thought, or has less value than what I traded for it. I think I get too anxious and trade at the first "hello" lol

I don't have too many buying regrets...and I might be the only one but I DO NOT regret buying either of my Savages lol
Same here, i sold a rifle and pistol to fund another build because I didn't want to wait and save up. In the end should have been patient but lesson was learned.

Bought a friends M1A SuperMatch and I can’t get it to group. Don’t know what to do next.
You need to hit up Tony Benn on youtube... he also has a website --> http://www.tonybenm14.com/

Hes a long time M14/M1A enthusiast turned gunsmith. He should be able to get you squared away. M1A's can be finnicky or require a little more effort to get in the groove.

Dammit! I’ve got a Savage 10 308 deer rifle that I got to replace my stupid purchase M70 300wsm Featherweight Winchester. You guys sure make it tough to love a Savage ... ?

Hahaha, don't feel bad and don't let the savage haters get you down. There are plenty of reasons to hate a savage and I'm not saying anyones regrets or opinions about them aren't valid....but theres also plenty of reasons to love your savage lol. If it works, it works.

POF P308. FTE or FTF every 5-6 rounds. Sent it back. Customer service was good enough. They said they changed the buffer spring and the extractor.
Ran one mag through it then sold it. Just didn't trust it anymore.
Hate to see the Bergara HMR listed here as I just ordered one. Couldn't find a Tikka CTR left handed - d'oh!

Para Ordnance P16. Total P.O.S. It is so unsafe I don't even want to sell it to anybody for fear they may hurt themselves.

Had a similar issue with my loaded M1A. Looked up a guy on youtube named "tonyben"... hes an M1A guru. I ended up buying a USGI M14 bolt kit from Windy City Sourcing and that fixed it right up. Went to the range a week after I installed it and went through 3 mags perfectly. IF you ever want another M1A, thats what I recommend doing.

hahah, yaaaa FAL's are like the AK's of battle rifles. I agree you never should have sold the Scar 17.... absolutely one of the best battle rifles ever made. My company in 1st Ranger Battalion did the trial runs with them for USASOC in 2009. All of 75th Ranger Regiment ended up keeping the Scar 17's. They're pretty sick with a 12.5" barrel on em too...and full auto

I’ll be skipping the m1a. I might jump back into the scar platform with one of the 20’s in 6.5cm.

It really depends what your doing with it and any future plans.
I was totally happy with it for quite a few years but have gotten a bit more serious.

Basically anytime I try to save money it bites me. Especially My MOA razor because it was cheaper.

Having a local “gunsmith” build me a PRS gun. It never was fixed correctly even after multiple trips back to him. I learned a lot of lessons from that experience.

I "built" an AR-10 .260. Fuck that rifle. It shot 1.5-2" groups with every load possible.

Ruger LC9 for my wife's conceal carry. Fucking piece of shit has the worst slide action known to man, and the trigger pull is downright egregious.

I sold a Saiga .308 that I was happy about it. Wasn't a good rifle, accuracy sucked.

Buyers remorse
Savage 116 rifle
Vortex

Sold both and purchased
Remington 700 platform
Nightforce

No sellers remorse and no more buyers remorse ????

GSG 1911 .22 LR - never did run a full mag of anything without jamming

Remington 700XCR Long Range Tactical- 34 different reloads and factory ammo through it. 1 MOA was the best it ever did

Marriage license and ring.....biggest waste of money and definitely time

My buyers remorse are wives 1, 2 and 3.
Hmmm, and who was the common denominator in those relationships? Just kidding.

The guns regret selling were sold years ago. I didn't regret selling them until the prices went ape shit crazy. In no particular order:

a. I was born in 1955 so I thought it would be cool to have the complete set of Pythons (year of introduction). I later sold my 2.5", 3", 4", and 6" Pythons.
b. Model 70 Winchester .257 Roberts, with box and hanging tag, serial number 3456.

The list id just getting started, but I have to stop right here. Can't see the computer through the tears.

Colt Double Eagle.

One of the first guns I ever bought back in the early 90's. Total piece of junk. Jam o matic.

Honestly, it turned me off to Colt handguns for a long time.

So i'm not missing anything with an SRS A1?

No. The srs are either love or hate, haven’t met anyone that falls in the middle. I was lucky enough to trade mine for a Tac Ops.
Are they accurate? Yes.
Does the bolt ergos take some getting used to? Yes.

Is the bolt slick like a tikka or custom? No

All the “ budget” scopes I’ve bought over the year before I decided to stop f....ing around and getting quality glass. Buy once cry once is real.

Heres another that I recently sold, Tavor X95. Terrible trigger (as expected from a bullpup), inaccurate and really only limited to red dot sights. Look cool for sure but not what I expected.

Seller's remorse. Back in 1993 I decided to get back into waterfowl hunting and did not have a shotgun with a steel approved barrel. Several of my buddies had bought the then new Benelli Super Black Eagle and loved them. I traded my H&K Model 93 for a new SBE and cash. I have used the SBE much more than I ever would have used the Model 93, but I do miss that gun.

Sellers remorse. A Steyr SSG 69 in a rare factory wood stock, double set trigger, matching number scope rings with a Kahles ZF 69 I think it was 6X42 scope. A Belgian FN FAL, HK 91 and a TDE 357 Auto Mag. I think I might start cry now. That was all back in my much younger days. I don't seller much any more.