• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors -What's Your Carry Combo?-

NYSharpShooter

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
Indiana
The new purchase of a 442 had me thinking about backup guns, carry combos, etc. and I'm just curious what you guys pick? I'm talking Handgun/Handgun, Handgun/Knife, Handgun/Flashlight, and so on. Post them up!

My newly completed combo, an Emerson Super Commander thrown somewhere in the mix certain times.
914091142.jpg

Re: -What's Your Carry Combo?-

On duty I carry a G21SF, KelTec P3AT and several knives and lights. Add a long gun when the situation warrants.

Off duty I carry a Colt Combat Commander, two spare mags, Microtech Mini-SOCOM and usually have a Surefire L2 within arms reach along with a set of cuffs.

I usually have my iPhone with me as well.

I don't subscribe to the "pocket gun" crowd. My Commander is not a problem and if I am going to carry a gun, I want to carry something I can effectively fight with. I carry it in the summer in shorts and a t-shirt as well as winter with jacket etc. It's even gone with me to some very non-permissive un-gunfriendly places and no one has "made" me.

Yeah mine is a commander sized 1911, by Ed Brown. The pistol was sent away and refinished with Ionbond when it was new. Real ivory grips, ivory bumper pad on the reload. It lives in a sparks VMII, with Sparks pocket magazine carrier and pretty much disappears under clothes. It's amazing how good leather and a good quality belt makes concealed carry work. Emerson folder and Surefire backup.
DSC_0747.jpg

You are G2G with your combo for any form of carry.

Just add a folder, although I prefer a small fixed blade on my belt.

While I forgot to throw it in the picture, I do have that Emerson I carry every day, though I may opt for something lighter now. I'm plenty happy with my combo, I was just asking out of curiosity.

Off duty I carry a G26, Benchmade folder, and a Nitecore D10 light. I don't leave home without them. I usually have a G19 mag on me as well as a backup. Equally as important, my cell phone, which is my first option unless the situation dictates otherwise.

Quick cell pic:
IMG00033-20090901-1200.jpg

I carry a Glock 27, with one extra mag, along with a Benchmade (large) griptillian. In many cases I will carry a surefire G2 and Rat RC3 fixed blade as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hubbard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a Glock 27, with one extra mag, along with a Benchmade (large) griptillian. In many cases I will carry a surefire G2 and Rat RC3 fixed blade as well. </div></div>
Very similar to my off duty carry - G27 or G22 with an extra 22 mag, X2 voyager and Rat 3. Always a flashlight in the pocket too.
As far as duty... I carry way too much crap.

1a.) Les Baer Premier II ST in 45

or

1b.) S&W 442

and

2.) Microtech SOCOM mini auto

BaerPIIST.jpg

Glock 19, Keltec 32, Surefire G2, Benchmade folder. As posted above, cell phone, proper shoes and clothing for everything not suitable for the rest of the kit.

On duty: HK USP 45, HK Compact 45, Emerson CQC7, Gerber Guardian boot knife.

Off duty: my winning personality.

First choice G19 a sidearmor IWB, Emerson Mini commander

Second choice especially if I'm not wearing a belt and going light S&W 637 pocket holster, Mini commander.

If I feel like scaring the kids I'll change the commander to the karambit. Looks so evil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1a.)

BaerPIIST.jpg
</div></div>

Is this one of Harrison's rear sights?

Nice blaster

Good luck

You guys and your auto knives, don't you know those are dangerous?
wink.gif

glock 33, emerson commander, surefire backup

.45 XD Tactical, spare mag( 1st mag is all PMC Starfire,2nd mag is all 185 Cor-Bon), Kershaw Junk Yard Dog Composite and Surefire G2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oodin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys and your auto knives, don't you know those are dangerous?
wink.gif
</div></div>

smile.gif

I just carry an auto knife for the cool factor.
laugh.gif
I don't think it offers me much more than a good folding knife, but it sure as hell is cooler.

Colt Comabat Commander, Kimber Tactical, or Sig GSR 1911, Microtech LUDT, extra mag, Fenix light and cell phone. Sometimes I'll thrown in a set of cuffs and my Ruger LCR with crimson trace grips, but usually I don't carry cuffs and a BUG off duty.
Patrick

If trouble comes along, my daily companion is a Sig 229 .40 S&W with one extra mag. In my pocket is a Boker AK47 auto opener.

If I'm "on the Beach" a S&W Model 60 with 2X speed loaders

If I go looking for "Trouble" a Rocke River .223 Carbine comes along for FUN!!

Depending on clothing.. Glock 19 in VM2 w/ Dalton Recon II. For lighter days drop the Glock and go with the Keltec P32 in DeSanto's pocket holster.

dsc0950et.jpg

Wilson Professional with aluminum frame and a bobtail carried strongside OWB in a Bullman holster. Single mag and surefire on the weak side. I'll also carry a S&W scandium .357 on days when a .45 doesn't feel like enough. Most days I also add a leatherman tool weakside.

I have a Sig 239 SAS in .40 that I carry when an external holster isn't a problem to cover. Generally, that's not too often. As such, I usually just go with a KelTec P3AT and hope I don't need serious firepower.

At the end of the day, a big gun is only useful if you're carrying it! The KelTec melts away in a pocket and is no more cumbersome than car keys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A gun, a knife, and a flashlight. </div></div>

well put!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A gun, a knife, and a flashlight. </div></div>
+1

...oh and a lighter.