• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your favorite soft rifle case

Yeah, it looks more like a bag you just sort of stuff everything into and walk out the door for a trip, not just take it to the range. Although some of the matches I've been to lately it looks like some folks would need one of those. Between the tripods, 12 different kinds of bags and puffy rests, optics, etc, they look like walking Amazon outlets.

Yeah, it looks more like a bag you just sort of stuff everything into and walk out the door for a trip, not just take it to the range. Although some of the matches I've been to lately it looks like some folks would need one of those. Between the tripods, 12 different kinds of bags and puffy rests, optics, etc, they look like walking Amazon outlets.

My Armageddon Gear 2010 case came with only two Velcro straps for securing the rifle. It doesn’t look sufficient. On the GA Precision website they show it with an additional strap and a muzzle guard. Anyone know where I can get those? Or anyone have a good way to attach a rifle in this case? Thanks!

My Armageddon Gear 2010 case came with only two Velcro straps for securing the rifle. It doesn’t look sufficient. On the GA Precision website they show it with an additional strap and a muzzle guard. Anyone know where I can get those? Or anyone have a good way to attach a rifle in this case? Thanks!

I'd contact AG after the holiday and talk to Tom or Missy. I'm sure they will get you fixed up.

Speaking of Cabela's... by recommendation on another thread here on the Hide, I got this one. It's REALLY nice.

A BARGAIN at $70!

1577239995440.png

Cabela's xtreme rifle case (1).jpg

Reactions: Wyzrd and Tono
Our Dragmat is part mat part case and pretty minimalist but that’s what some are looking for. With any soft case you will be disappointed if you throw the rifle around but this is geared more toward someone who is not looking to carry everything in one bag. I use a backpack and one of these on days when I am hauling just one rifle and packing light.
38595CB8-2D27-46D4-A3A2-1A4640E04CD3.jpeg
6F33A9ED-070A-4ECA-A357-9303F411EE79.jpeg

Reactions: Wyzrd
i love my Armageddon gear case . the only thing i wish it had is a muzzle pouch . other than that it it great plus it fits inside pelcan storm hard case for when i am flying .

I've been happy with my Voodoo tactical drag bag. I got the larger one that is designed for a 50 cal. I can fit both of my rifles with 24" barrels and suppressors attached in one back. had it for years and still in good shape. not too expensive either.
Same here been using a VooDoo bag for 7 or 8 years nothing bad to say, stay away from the Midway USA drag bag. Cheap stuff.

This for the AR's, appropriate length; and this for the bolt guns, again appropriate length. These are labelled heavy duty, and differ by having securing straps inside the case interior to prevent the firearms shifting around inside during travel. I like this added degree of security.

I avoid cases that add significant weight bearing capacity; it's all too easy to wear myself out with a single rifle.

I also avoid pack straps; they are too hard to get out of in a hurry.

And, of course, I'm talking about foot and car travel, and not about gorilla infested baggage handling environments.

Greg

Last edited:
I have a TacOps and an AI Maverick41. I have had an Eagle drag bag in the past. All 3 are well made and durable. Only thing I don't like about the AI is it end-loads like a scabbard, which is finicky if I have the stock folded on the AX. The front 12" folds up to make a shorter rig if you pack it. It also zips onto their backpack for hauling it.

I have always struggled to find something I liked. I carry all my support accoutrements in a backpack separately, a rifle case needs to be very simple and bombproof.

I bought some foam sheets and a couple yards of very heavy canvas, like what they make Klein tool bags out of. And I got some really badass wax canvas sheets too. Even worked with a very well known bag maker that is local to me to get them sewn up. It’s nice to make exactly what you want. Been thinking about putting something together as a service to Hide members with custom sizes; just haven’t got around to it yet.

Any of these fit bolt guns with the stocks folded? Preferably something in the 36-40” range?

Tactical Operations soft cases like others have mentioned in this thread. Very durable, well thought out, and great protection. I've used a long version to carry a 50 BMG rifle without any problems. Jason at Eurooptic is a good source for them. Hope this helps and good luck.

Voodoo and Drago make good soft cases but I primarily use these:

Reactions: M8541Reaper
If you’re just looking for something to safely transport your rifle in from the house to the range, any soft case will do. That being said, a scope and crown cover (crown obviously if no brake/muzzle device attached) will do you better than a cheap case at the same price.

I’ve owned/own eagle, eberlestock, and Blackhawk, all of which have protected my stuff while in a woodland and desert environment.

Scope and crown cover with a range bag is best way to go for daily range use (unless you’re range requires a 100% covered case while moving to/from the line. Protect the glass and protect the crown, nothing else matters and just comes down to what else do you want to bring with you.

Speaking of Cabela's... by recommendation on another thread here on the Hide, I got this one. It's REALLY nice.

I have two of these without the cabelas logo. I can say I love them plus my lgs sells them for 49$ best cheap case I’ve ever bought. I used to put two rifles in a midway drag bag but damn that’s heavy and the little flap in between doesn’t offer much protection from turret to turret banging around
A BARGAIN at $70!

View attachment 7209016

View attachment 7209017

I picked up a Cabelas case for my RPR the hard cases are such a pain in the ass and overkill for what I do. Finally found one long enough where I could put the rifle in, unfolded with my can on the end. Zippers tough, plenty of pockets and nice overall crazy deal. Had it long enough to put a lot of wear on it built extremely well....do not let the price fool you just b/c it's not expensive doesn't mean it's a POS.

Last edited:
This Bull Dog Tactical case is a bit longer than the Cabela’s one above. BDT must either be the OEM manufacturer for Cabela’s or they buy them from the same place.

The BDT doesn’t have those gawd-awful zipper pulls that Cabela’s specified on their version. Seriously, those curved things would drive me bonkers after a while…just playing with them at the store bugged me. They only comfortably fit one’s fingers one way; in the other orientation it pokes your thumb. I guess you could cut them off.

Last edited:
Love this Cadex bag.
Backpack straps that store internally when not in use, with integrated sternum and waist straps.
Lots of pockets. Bullet proof zippers and snaps.
Central divider
A water proof cap that slips over the top of the barrel end for if you are carrying it on your back in the rain.
Tons of capacity, but form fitting.
F2F9E809-7B47-4194-90C5-E66CC04DF3DB.jpeg

34CB61C3-8773-4D46-9191-D69A6A095DCD.jpeg

Reactions: Wyzrd
Creedmoor Sports makes a great soft case for scoped rifles. Good quality zippers & heavy padding!

Love this Cadex bag.
Backpack straps that store internally when not in use, with integrated sternum and waist straps.
Lots of pockets. Bullet proof zippers and snaps.
Central divider
A water proof cap that slips over the top of the barrel end for if you are carrying it on your back in the rain.
Tons of capacity, but form fitting.
View attachment 7214020
View attachment 7214024
This is the exact same bag Midway sells. Same zip and snap, pockets on front. I would assume it is the exact same bag just not branded with the midway brand. Have not had mine for long so i dont know how it will hold up but protection and space for everything is great.

Attachments

• 20200105_152219.jpg
    20200105_152219.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200105_152155.jpg
    20200105_152155.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 91
This is the exact same bag Midway sells. Same zip and snap, pockets on front. I would assume it is the exact same bag just not branded with the midway brand. Have not had mine for long so i dont know how it will hold up but protection and space for everything is great.
It’s definitely close.
The Cadex divider seems thicker. The zippers look different. Yours doesn’t have the Velcro section (like that matters) and the Cadex does seem to have more external loops for tie downs and dangly things.

Reactions: GotCox
Any idea where the SERT cases are made? Says imported but made with US material. They look like just what I want for my new 19" AR-10 but I'm pretty big on not buying things made in China.

Hey man, our products are all manufactured in Vietnam. We have our own product development and production studio in Saigon. And we source our fabrics from Brookwood in CT or out of a mill in South Korea. I know there’s a number of SERT owners on this forum and I’m sure they can vouch for the quality and how robust any of our bag or case is.

Side note - we are finally launching a longer version of our PRB later this month at SHOT. This new size will be 53” longer externally.

Happy New Year to all!

Helm

Reactions: dgheriani
The TacOps drag bag is the deluxe version, although I don't care much for the stowable shooting mat that com,es with it and prefer the CrossTac Long Range Precision mat with the built in stop for the bipod.

Reactions: roaring80sgun
Very happy with my Triad Precision rifle Case .
Fits my DT with 3 conversion kits .
Heavy as fuck , but durable

wonders if they also make a rifle soft case that transforms into a pup tent with working water filtration built in .... or a whistle activated follow behind wagon /cady sort of thing . Named your gun buddy ain't that why people have kids indenture laborer .