• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your favorite stock?

Manners PRS, mini chassis, swamp camo, with Ingenuity rail
20180815_181910.jpg

I have several Manners (PRS1&2 and a T4A) and I also have a McMillan A4 and just got rid of a KMW Sentinel. That being said, I like the A4 allot.. but theninget behind the PRS2 and it feels like a more evolved version of it. The T4A feel very similar to the A4... the manners with a Mini chassis just make it so much simpler.

• Love
Reactions: RobertB
Mine is also the krg bravo. They just seem to fit me perfectly. I wish they made one for my sako quad.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I use a Magpul Pro 700. Lots of adjustment and no shortage of mlok accessories. It is a little heavy but that’s not a bad thing for. Doesn’t seem to get much love. Full aluminum chassis and tool-less adjustment everywhere. Haven’t had an issue. Cheers!

Question for those with the experience.

Objectively, the KRG Bravo seems hard to beat for the price. But does it hang with $600-$1000 options (i.e. Manners, MPA, GGS, etc)?
Is it worth it in the long run to save a couple hundred on it if it's close?

Objectively, the KRG Bravo seems hard to beat for the price. But does it hang with $600-$1000 options (i.e. Manners, MPA, GGS, etc)?
It really depends on what you want from a stock.
I wanted something light enough to use hunting while still having a good chassis for range work etc. It fits my needs perfectly.
I do like some of the mdt chassis as well as others but they are heavier.

ive owned and shot a lot of different chassis's(and stocks)and for me there is no equal to a manners...mcmillen would be second...but i think it boils down to personal preference honestly...i just got rid of my MPA chassis's and went back to a stock...i bought the MPAs because of how versatile they are but just never really liked them(or any chassis ive owned or shot)i just prefer a stock over a chassis.

I've had McMillan A-5, AIAT, AIAX, Manners T4a, T2a, and T6a. Started running MPAs and felt it was the best all around chassis/stock for me.....until I got my Manners TCS. I absolutely love the TCS. Fits me just like my MPA did but has that real stock feel. Doesnt hurt that it looks badass either.
20200222_180423.jpg
20200222_180550.jpg

Don’t get caught up on money and price something more expensive isn’t always better. I can get about twice as comfortable behind my Bravo compared to my whiskey-3.

It really depends on what you want from a stock.
I wanted something light enough to use hunting while still having a good chassis for range work etc. It fits my needs perfectly.
I do like some of the mdt chassis as well as others but they are heavier.
Fair response.
I'm personally exploring options for an urban sniper inspired look/feel (short & handy) but I want to keep it light enough to hunt with under 300yds as well.
Planning on rebarreling a soon to be shot out stock CTR and want to upgrade the stock along with the barrel.

Not a tactical stock but For a Do it all stock I don't think it gets any better than a Mcmillan Adjustable Game Warden with Edge Fill. In a short action comes in right around 36 oz. Depending on component selection you can build a 6.5# gun with it and add weight into the optic and still end up with a <9 lb gun. Not the perfect "competition" stock but IMO doesn't get any better for a rifle that you'll be shooting offhand, prone, bench, etc. Forend is thick enough to take a medium palma or proof Sendaro but still thin enough to be comfortable for offhand shooting and not be bulky.

The most comfortable, natural fitting stock I’ve ever shot was the old Tikka 595 Master Sporter stock. Bought a Master Sporter just to have the pattern. Turns out it shoots great too.

Mcmillan A4/A5 with the saddle cheek piece (don’t like the integrated adjustable cheek piece)

Reactions: Stoweit

What did you end up with? Im kind of in the same boat. I’m looking into adjustable tactical style stocks. I like the J Allen but can’t find, MDT XRS, KRS Bravo, and then of course the manners and Mcmillians. Ahhh....so many options. It’s tough!

What did you end up with? Im kind of in the same boat. I’m looking into adjustable tactical style stocks. I like the J Allen but can’t find, MDT XRS, KRS Bravo, and then of course the manners and Mcmillians. Ahhh....so many options. It’s tough!
There's jallens popping up in the px fairly regularly

Gotta say after receiving the Xylo, it’s pretty sweet. Was going to order the Manners TCS, then someone offered to sell me their preorder Xylo. The lug lock and the adjustability are outstanding.

I bought a Bravo, next rig I got was in an MPA. The MPA has a more solid cheek rest, is a touch more comfortable, and comes with all the goodies you would want to add (adjustable lop, spigot, arca.) Even still, I ended up selling the MPA and getting another bravo. The bravo is just over 2 lbs lighter if I remember right, and does everything I need of it. I have no regrets about going back to the bravo.

Manners t2a elite fill- favorite palm sell and forend

Mpa comp chassis- for adjustability and configuration options, grips, wieght options, built in ax arca rail

KRG Bravo . Very functional chassis for my 5R . And affordable.

Chassis: KRG X-Ray (light, comfortable, multiple available accessories and affordable).

Wood: Sako Finnfire Range (awesome stippling, adjustability LOP & Cheek rest, fantastic grip feel).

Composite: Manners MCS-TA (traditional tactical form, adjustable LOP & comb height, mini chassis available and outstanding customer service.

Reactions: tow2atm
I haven't got anything yet.
I shoot carbines and collect odds and ends as well, so it's hard to keep my attention on anything. I'm always thinking two and three purchases ahead. I have a problem, I know.
I'll likely just end up with the Bravo late summer unless I get a wild hair.

Reactions: tow2atm
Choate Savage Tactical, with 3/4" LOP spacers (3 of them, I'm 6 1/2ft tall), and Hawkeye Kydex adjustable cheekpiece for my pair of Savage 11VT's (223 and 308).

McMillan A3 Tactical with spacer LOP adjustment , cutout style adjustable cheekpiece, factory Pillar bedding, and steel reinforced forend for Savage 10FP 260 (original SH Ghost Dancer Project Rifle, 2001).

Greg

Last edited:
Thanks to an almost medically-disabling level of indecisiveness, Ive had just about every stock and chassis under the sun (just about all of them except for Manners and McMillan ironically).

It depends on what you are looking for but for me:

Best for competition only: MPA Comp. This one was a pretty clear winner for me here. Comfort, accessories, price isn't crazy. But I wanted something that could flex in multiple roles, not just competition, and the weight of the comp chassis doesn't lend itself to other roles. MPA offers other types of chassis, but the lead times, and some uncertainties about the Hybrid chassis upon its release made me hesitant. But my experience with MPA chassis has overall been very good.

Best customer support: XLR and Foundation. Their stocks are great, but tiny personal preferences had me lean in different directions. For XLR, the top of my thumb knuckle would rub against the back of their chassis body and at the end of the day it would get a tad bothersome. This was back in 2015 however, and things could be different now. Foundation was excellent, but their grip was too large for my hand, so I couldnt get as comfortable a firing position, and I had issues with the bottom metal mine came with. I was using the Genesis however, so I bet the Revalation or Exodus would have fit me better.
But both of these companies showed me incredible customer service though, always going above and beyond, and I will be sure to try their products again as soon as I can afford to. No doubt they make quality stuff! I hope the newer products fit me better!

Best overall: Believe it or not, KRG Bravo. Ive had the Xray, W3, and Bravo, and they really hit a home run with the Bravo. The grip on the Bravo puts my hand much closer to the trigger (like a chassis) and the adjustability is sturdy and simple. The weight is the same as a Manners/Mcmillan, with the same general shape. There are several accessories (including the ability to increase the weight by a couple pounds), and best of all, it's so affordable. At the end of my stock/chassis buying adventures, I actually wound up sticking with this one, for its combination of moderate weight, ergos, price, customizability, and inlet availibility (I bought the Bravo that uses Tikka CTR mags and life is good). I can add weight to it and take it to competition, take weight out and use it for hunting and plinking with friends, it's just as accurate as any other stock, and I won't get a knot in my stomach if it falls over and gets gouged up by rocks. It's just as comfortable as all the other stocks Ive tried in the past, and it's just so practical.

Last edited:
For the money the KRG Bravo is hard to beat.

Unlimited budget goes to the new Manners PRS-TCS :love:

I've always liked the JAE 700 too but unless I find a used one I'll never find out how it feels.

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas
I think it's hard not to love an mpa chassis, but lately I've been looking at the jae700's. They just keep calling to me lol

Stocks and chassis, had a bunch of factory’s
Had McMillian hunters, A5, A4, A2s and A3s.
Manners Hunter, Gat, T4, T4A, T5, T5A and a new PRS1.
Chassis, AI AT, AI AX, AIC, MPA light,Hybrid, Comp
Trg22, Krg Bravo and Wiskey 3, MDT LS, ESS

Best feeling stock, prob T5A or my new PRS1
Chassis Either AI AX or my Wiskey 3 Folder.
best bang for the buck. without a doubt the KRG Bravo.

Best feeling overall
Handmade Plywood, Fiberglass, Aluminum and bedding monster that my brother made From scratch, finished and Airbrushed. And the fucker won’t sell it to me.
Post a few pics of Frankenstein up here will ya... I looked and couldn’t find a pic
@Scimitar

Last edited:
Stocks: McMillan A3-5 or plain A5. But I would love to get a hold of a Manners some day.

Chassis: KRG Whiskey 3. All day, every day!

I’ve ran XLR for years. And I love them. But I’m wanting to change up the look of my rig. So I just ordered a Manners PRS1. I got it in Sage Flats color.

Reactions: lou400a
Can't really pick between my top 3, bit here is my 2 cents based on what you plan on doing
Prone: KMW Sentinel, KRG Whiskey 3, MDT ACC
Positional: MDT ACC, KRG Whiskey 3, KMW Sentinel

Reactions: Shanooosas
What is your favorite stock that you're running now or have run? Brand and material would be nice to know. Thanks!
Stocks/ chassis that I have or owned first to last.
1. Had Manners T2 just felt,,,,, right. I loved that stock. It was a Savage and I moved to 700 footprint actions. May end up going back to a Manners mini chassis some day.
2. Had McMillan Game Warden, felt almost as nice as the Manners.
3. Had XLR Envy, meh.
4. Have MPA, great comp chassis. Hard to beat for competition.
5. Have 2 KRG Bravo. I'm not sure how you can beat it for the price. Light weight, comfortable, modular.

For stocks the manners prs1T hands down. The McMillan a5 is great and so is the manners eh5a/t5a. Not normally a thumbhole guy but those are flat out awesome.

For chassis I really like the mpa and krg whiskey 3 for the higher end, and the bravo is the best of both worlds at a budget!

Only 1 I straight up hated was an AI. Now that I’m shooting way more vertical grips im not enjoying my McMillan htg adj as much anymore.
45A7B67D-1874-47EE-81C0-060F084E235D.jpeg
F68909C4-AEB7-40B0-A826-38E2FD61D2F1.jpeg
19D1A252-4454-4F10-8432-BF0DFA4231B0.jpeg