• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your favorite WW2 and older bolt rifle and why?

I had an Enfield No 4, Mark 1T. That was SUCH a sweet shooting rifle. I had bought it at auction, cleaned it up and was truly a diamond in the rough. Everything worked great on it. After I'd had it about months, foolishly, I let someone make me an offer of $500 more than I paid for it, and sold it. That was almost 10 years ago, and I still think about that great rifle, as the 'one that got away'. LOL! :D

I went through a very serious WWII military surplus collection phase and got a wide variety of WWII era bolt action rifles. My favorite, by far? The Lee Enfield. Softest shooting, awesome capacity, sights are amazing, bolt action smooth and quick. Really loved it.

pmclaine,

It's been a while since I've been back to the post and looked through it in it's entirety.....I just noticed a complete and warm "fuzzy" feeling came over me.;):D I shook like a dog and it didn't go away. Nice scope and rifle. Can't wait for the 'finished' pics!

The Hide died and has been resurrected before this was properly answered....

[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":" photo P8187020_zpskezifobh.jpg","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"349","width":"620","src":"http:\/\/i1005.photobucket.com\/albums\/af178\/pmclaine\/P8187020_zpskezifobh.jpg"}[/IMG2]
P8187019_zpscdlphb5p.jpg

At 300 yards

P8187021_zps6ukslz83.jpg

'03 Springfield. I've had it for nearly 50 years. Very nice. All I need is the M1905 bayonet to go with it. I'll try to get a pic soon.