• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your fighting knife?

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    Not the knife you keep in your pocket everyday. The one that goes on the rig.

Pictures please. If you want to add some reasoning behind what you chose, that'd be great too.

I'm gonna hold off on mine just now. It's nothing special. I'm hoping it's serviceable.

A Sharpie.
    I always heard the pen is mightier than the sword.
    Now you can have your cake & stab it too, pl8!

I used to have a fixed blade on my first line gear but then it got placed on a pack. Haven’t needed it yet which is why it’s riding on the pack, but it’s an Ontario SP15.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    A .45 Gold Cup.

Never bring a knife to a gunfight.

Sirhr
    Oh come on, I know you better than that!

No HFB to show off?

Here's mine I guess, a Daniel Winkler. If I had to attach it to armor I guess it'd be this one but I'd rather keep it on the belt. He makes really solid, basic cutting tools and supplies a lot of military door kickers with razor sharp dependable gear. Nothing fancy, he's the Noveske of fighting knives. Solid and dependable. The simple looking sheath is a detail he didn't miss either, won't fall out, will attach to belt, molle, whatever in any position. Would LOVE one of his 'hawks. Takes good care of vets and .mils.

IMG_1249.JPG

I've got a super nice vintage Al Mar fixed blade knife a friend on here gave me but it's more a daily (well not exactly daily...) belt knife and I don't have a pic of it but it's just like this one:

1613702951464.png

Several hundred dollar knife almost too nice to use but he knew Al Mar personally and said Al wanted it to be used so... Feel like half a samurai carrying it, it's a very Japanese knife.

Just like the one in Rambo.
    Got it at the Mile High Flea Market out on I-76.
    guy said it was better than the original due to being made in China, where they make AKs which are the best.
    He even included some Strike Anywhere matches in the handle
    Which booth number? I'm just down the road. Won't even have to wait on I-76 to get in on Saturday. You ever see the parking lot on 76 waiting to exit to go to the MHFM? It's out onto the highway for up to a ½ mile that I've seen. And Commerce City was concerned about the drive in exiting at 2 am and blocking roads. ?. But I digress. Post up a pic of your Rambo knife. Just watched First Blood on Showtime or HBO the other day.

I've got an ESEE 3 on my get home bag, but nothing on my belt or armor... I also don't know how to fight with a knife without getting myself stabbed, which probably has a lot to do with that decision.

Its a right of passage with every new knife I buy. My ESEE Junglas wasn't home 15 minutes before it drew blood.
    My nickname should be Jose Scissorhands.

Think that is worth more than a few hundred today.
    I seen 'em go for upward of $1k after he gave it to me. It was a really kind gift to be sure and I do covet it but I also use it as promised, it's not a show piece. Well taken care of but probably not the one a collector is looking for.

Now the Winkler is damn crow bar of a knife. That's the one you want for the end of the world. Not too big, not too small. I have a KaBar and it's a good tool but it's like Hi-Point vs. HK compared to a Winkler in every way.

I use this. Cause you never know when you need to carve a ho or bone a ho.View attachment 7560996

Somebody is gonna dig that up in 2000 years and write a book on how the owner used it for religious fertility purposes!

Its a right of passage with every new knife I buy. My ESEE Junglas wasn't home 15 minutes before it drew blood.
    My nickname should be Jose Scissorhands.
    I got a kershaw for a beater, instantly split the top half of my thumb to the bone top to bottom. And I mean to the bone, I opened it up and saw it.

Thumb still isn't right, then again I super glued it and went about my life. Probably took a few years for me to regain feeling in the very tip of my thumb.

To this day I can feel where it split inside like it never healed completely. Doesn't hurt but feels like it spreads apart if I push on it. May just be nerve bs.

I forgot to mention I was pinching off a zip tie not thinking...lol. Went on auto pilot and *click* "oh fuck.."

Last edited:
    When you have to carry everything on your back to survive for a possibly open ended period of time, estimate the weight/amount of toilet paper you need, every ounce matters. This is the knife I ended up carrying in SF. Our primary mission was Unconventional Warfare and Strategic Reconnaissance. This was back when the Leatherman was a brand new product. We eventually got this as an issue item. One time we were travelling through Heathrow Airport on NATO Travel Orders. One of the Customs officials tried to confiscate the knife on the grounds it was a "butterfly knife". I showed him our orders, told him it was US Government property and my next phone call would be to the Embassy. When in foreign countries the Ambassador becomes one of those little lines that goes off to the side in our Chain of Command. This can cause problems because I know of at least one time an Ambassador "hijacked" a Team for his personal security after an incident.
    1613703745530.png

When you have to carry everything on your back to survive for a possibly open ended period of time, estimate the weight/amount of toilet paper you need, every ounce matters. This is the knife I ended up carrying in SF. Our primary mission was Unconventional Warfare and Strategic Reconnaissance. This was back when the Leatherman was a brand new product. We eventually got this as an issue item. One time we were travelling through Heathrow Airport on NATO Travel Orders. One of the Customs officials tried to confiscate the knife on the grounds it was a "butterfly knife". I showed him our orders, told him it was US Government property and my next phone call would be to the Embassy. When in foreign countries the Ambassador becomes one of those little lines that goes off to the side in our Chain of Command. This can cause problems because I know of at least one time an Ambassador "hijacked" a Team for his personal security after an incident.
    View attachment 7561010
    I still carry one my Dad gave me over 30 years ago.

A .45 Gold Cup.

Never bring a knife to a gunfight.

Sirhr
    While I agree wholeheartedly with the 45ACP as the goto, I do carry a Boker. I don't recall the model number but it's a hunting style fixed blade and holds an edge like no other knife I have ever owned. It stays in a sheath attached to my buttpack and has only been used on game animals. My EDC are a micro Leatherman, a Schrade 3 blade and a cheap blade that takes the replaceable safety knife blades, The safety knife thing gets used the most because, of course, it gets dull and I turn the blade 180 and it's sharp again...replace the blade with those I buy in a 100 pack.
    I prefer the use of gunpowder and hope I am never so close that a blade is useful for self-defense.

Reactions: lash
    View attachment 7561010
    Yeah, I still have the SOG gear head version I had in the army. It was and probably still is a very popular tool with grunts. I guess it got carried everywhere but to be honest, I didn't use mine much. Still don't.

See, they have shitty blades...

Now I did use the piss out of a little military issue demo knife a marine EOD tech gave me, one of the cheap Camillus folders? They make two, one with a plastic awl and the other with a round awl for tying knots.

A tomahawk is really a better tool for the modern door kicker with a sweet ride, but a knife like the one I posted above is handy too provided the blade is thick/strong enough to use like a true pry bar.

If I were going to be stabbed by my own knife in a knife fight, it'd be my Spartan Horkos that I won at a match raffle... It's awesome... More awesome than I am... And sharper too

Reactions: camocorvette
    A Phillip Patton tanto hung out on me for quite some time. I guess I’d consider that my fighting knife.

02-C2847-E-3-D3-D-4257-951-E-E2-A93-E607-E1-B.jpg

10-B0-BC2-F-4478-4899-8-A23-4-E53-FB821869.jpg

0153-ED72-798-A-462-F-B538-791-B68041-F46.jpg
    Philp Parton knife are just so clean but John April is the man for me I love is work.

Reactions: Genin
    Philp Parton knife are just so clean but John April is the man for me I love is work.
    I was super impressed with Mr. Patton. I contacted him because I wanted a different dangler style sheath made so I could also wear it lower etc. He had me ship it to him and he returned it a week later and it was perfect for a very minimal cost.

Does he still take
    I was super impressed with Mr. Patton. I contacted him because I wanted a different dangler style sheath made so I could also wear it lower etc. He had me ship it to him and he returned it a week later and it was perfect for a very minimal
    Does he still take orders i'm also impressed with his work and may consider this aluminum sheath style.

Reactions: Genin
    Wasn't there a truly legendary thread many years ago involving "fighting" knives with Veer in it? Maybe with a mention of the kirpan? Was that our introduction to Magnus Boner?

This is funny. I thought maybe I'd search for that thread and found I'd asked almost the exact same question a year ago in a very similar "fighting knife" thread, complete with mention of Veer and Magnus Boner. I'd forgotten ever doing that. No one answered then, so perhaps I'm misremembering.

• Haha
    Reactions: lash
    Whatever I have on me at the time. I always carry a knife. It is my most used tool. Habit passed on from my father.