• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What's Your First Gun Related Purchase For 2012

Re: What's Your First Gun Related Purchase For 2012

AI AW .308 with S&B 3-12 PMII.

I'm liking it enough I think I might need one in .260 and a .338. This hobby is extremely good at keeping me poor.

Mine was a DTA SRS in 308 along with a S&B PM2 5-25 P4F. I also picked up three Atlas V8 bipods to replace my first gen units and a set of Viperskins for my AIAW.

I think I'm done for a bit now unless I decide the SRS isn't for me and I decide to swap it for something else.

NightForce NXS 12-42X56. Also titanium rings and 20 MOA rail, also NightForce. Just waiting now for the UPS Driver to knock on the door.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've come to realize ...... alot of you guys have more money than I do ..... LOL </div></div>
I'm in the same boat with you. I'm saving up now for a mcmillan a5 for my remington 5r. Also bought a Ruger lcp for pocket carry this summer.

I picked up a MCT T3 last week and have a Specialized Dynamics upper coming soon

My wife and I both made a decision. Either WE spend the money we've worked for and saved all our lives or our kids will just end up squandering it when we die.

We've decided to just squander it and get the enjoyment ourselves.

Beretta 682 Gold E skeet....

DTA 338 conversion kit,two US Optics 3.2-17 t-pal, and a US Optics Spotter scope with kit(bag tripod and mount)

Just made the first purchase of the year. Picked up bolt rifles for both wifey and myself. For me, a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308, and a Youth Model Remington 700 in .243 for her. Matching Harris bipods. Mine has a Nikon 4-12x40 scope, and hers has an el-cheapo 4-12x40 that came pre-mounted.

We're both looking forward to hitting the range soon and getting familiar with them. We're proficient handgun shooters, but have no real rifle experience to speak of, and absolutely zero long range experience (which is why I'm here, reading till my eyes bleed).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stevem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now the waiting begins. </div></div>

+1

2012-01-251532282.jpg

b&c alaskan II stock for my rem700 .338RUM

soon it will be a safe,

and eventually this year, a colt delta elite 10mm, they are bringing them back!

Hmmmm, I've sold a ton of stuff but haven't bought one gun related item yet. Oh wait, I did buy a Badger base for a S/A R700. Only other toy purchases so far has been to order a 2012 Camaro SS and purchased a pile of parts for it already.

First on the gun related list though is glass for a new build from Mike Bush.

Just need to narrow the choices and get something ordered. The process has begun..................

I bought a Rock River Arms tactical operator 2 when the sale started where you get a free rear sight.. I went with the dominator 2 for an eotech but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't had planned for an aimpoint.

Does anyone know if you can get an aimpoint mount that will sit as low as an eotech?

Bought my donor action Model 700 ADL 308 and sent it to Kampfeld for bolt work
Tactical Knob
Fluted
Sako Extractor
Bolt Stop
Open scope base screws to 8-40

To Do List
True Receiver and Bolt
Jewell Trigger
Krieger Barrel, MTU to finish at 26", 10 twist
Manners T-4A
20MOA Scope Base Rings
Scope

1. Either a Wilson Combat or a Nighthawk 1911
2. Kel Tec KSG shotgun - if those d-bags ever release them in lots larger than 2
3. AAC suppressor - I figure when I am actually able to pick it up in the year 2020 I'll post a pic but by then well all probably be shooting electromagnetic rail guns.

This isn't related to a gun purchase but I'd like to attend as many shooting classes as possible.

Savage 12 Palma
Sightron 8-32x56 LRTD/TDT
Badger rings and bases

Gun money has been tightso far. I've been dumping most of my money into getting my SWAT gear up to date. When I can I'm looking at messing around with either a AR platform in 300 Blackout or a bolt gun in 300 BO. Man I need more money!!!!

k9g