• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats your round count on your current barrel?

Re: Whats your round count on your current barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derrick300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GAP Hospitaller 0
GAP M40A3 0
LMT MWS 0

killing me thinking about it

travel a lot for work </div></div>

now that's just a shame, send them out to me and I will put some through em

Well im over 9,000 rounds now!! i will post pictures later today when my internet doesnt take 15 minutes to load a damn page. Anyone else have pics to post?

1150 on my 308 not to bad for having shot the first time
18 months ago.

36000+ on a Glock 22. All stock. Shoots as straight as you can hold it. Round count is a conservative estimate according to my shooting regiment. It's taken me over 8+ years on this one.

350 rounds on my .300WSM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fuscalino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lee Enfield 1916 SMLE(issued) God alone knows </div></div>

I've got a Garand with a barrel on it dated 10-43; the receiver is August '42 so it's been through the depot at least once. I took it and shot it for the first time this past Veteran's Day (I took an aging veteran shooting for Veteran's Day). I ran a few rounds of Korean War vintage M2 Ball through it (that was the oldest I had). I've had the rifle for years and this was the first time I shot it. I think it's probably "Field" on a headspace gauge, the primers are backing out a little bit, and the gas system is shot, the piston measures 0.518" so it doesn't trap enough gas to cycle anymore. The bore is dark but not pitted; I made no effort to measure group size. But it was very happy to get to shoot some and I cleaned it up and put it away. I can't bring myself to "fix" it, it doesn't need fixing, it's perfect just the way it is.

I wish it could speak, or maybe I don't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2070, AW .308. </div></div>

I don't know what's more impressive your post count or your round count in the short time you have had each. Got job?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2070, AW .308. </div></div>

I don't know what's more impressive your post count or your round count in the short time you have had each. Got job? </div></div>Probably both! I have a slight case of OCD...

LOL and just so I am an actual contributor to this thread, round count on my TRG 22 is right around 300. Hope to increase that by about 50-60 or so this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">round count on my TRG 22 is right around 300.</div></div>Bought one of those too, lol!

426 on my Savage 10FP in .308.

well i came across this thread and read some impressive round counts. I wish i could shoot that much. Right now i believe i have 332 rounds out of my savage 11flv .308
smile.gif

2100+ on Bartlein 308
105 on Benchmark 260

1500 rounds since July 3rd 2009 with my AW .308 mostly hand loads 155 Scenars at around 985 mps/2900 fps. I give her a good copper cleaning every 250 rounds or so, nothing in between. Absolutely no copper fouling apart from the first patch that comes out blue. I credit this to a thorough break-in.

Hoping to get a 6XC barrel for the AW soon.

.223 has 400 rounds
.284 has 125 rounds
.300 RUM has 65 rounds
.22LR has 5200 rounds
9mm has 1300 rounds

All shoot very good

SPR kreiger barrel 308, 1,047
TRG 22 308, 655
Ar10 308, 480
saiga 12, 7,800
glock 35, 45,000 plus
AR15 6.5 grendel, 893
Sig 556 223, 9,000 plus
SPR benchmark 243 AI, 0

1,670 through a Shilen SS match grade select chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.

2 Schneider 1-10 twist polygon barrels on a Mcmillan M40a1 in 300 Win Mag gave about 900 rounds each before they started throwing rounds. Had one barrel taken off, and sold it used to a friend. He took it to a gunsmith who borescoped it and wanted to know why it was taken off because it looked so good. It was set back just less than one turn, and it is again a tack driver with about another 250 rounds through it.

Longest lasting barrel was a Springfield Armory GI weight national match barrel on an M1A in .308. It shot 1-1.25moa for over 12000 rounds, much closer to 15000 rounds. Then one day the groups popped open to 3-3.5moa. With that barrel, it was all or nothing, there was no warning, or in between, the groups just popped open.. My guess was that for some reason I got a chrome bore barrel as it was an early NM rifle. SN was 0225XX.

I'm getting close to 7000 on my .308 with a Shilen barrel. Now as to how many of those went where I wanted...

1485 on HS HTR .308
5000+ on ruger MKII VT .220 swift
1000+ Rem Sendro .300 WM

all are shooting great, and hope they will for some time. I'm expecting the 220 swift to go first as I'm sending them out at 4250fps! but the critters sure do come apart!!

GAP 308 - 60 rounds. I hope to raise that number soon!

I finally got my barrel, and put the 260Rem together over the holidays. Put together some loads to fireform the brass, and went to the range this morning. Used the first couple of shots to get zeroed, then fired eight at the pepper-popper. They came in at about 1.1inches @ 104yds. I thought that was pretty good for picking a load, and going. So I angled over towards the 200yd backstop (211 lasered), and found some targets with room on them. Ended up firing six shots into 1.7inches @ 211yds.

So the 260 is at 20rnds. Cleaned the barrel this evening = no copper showing at all, and cleaned up quick and smooth.

Brux 260Rem w/ an 8 twist @ 26"
Win 7mm-08brass sized to 260
140 A-Max
36gr Vaget

this 308 is seriously lacking in the rounds down range race at 250... mainly because it's 22lr little brother is over 10,000

My 700p .223 is at 456 and climbing at 20 a week. My 5R .300wm is in the middle of a build and is sitting at ZERO...sad so sad.