• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Can you say irony....

D28BFF2E-CA99-4267-BBE4-F10CE5AE3741.jpeg

Glad you made it @barneybdb . I would tell you two to behave but what’s the point??

Just dropped off Pam n Barney. Wow! GREAT PEOPLE!!! Just got done with a bit to eat thx to my Wife. Adobo, Pancit, and Lumpia n drinks. These are seriously top notch folks and I'm a better person to know them. Barney had fun running the 300 Blackout. Seen a ton of Deer and a Herd of Elk. Astoria tomorrow and hopefully more shooting if the weather allows. Was wet as hell today. This is so cool I can't believe it!

And by the way, @Mooseknuckles is a beast! And damn good people as well. Look forward to seeing you again my friend! Damn glad to finally meet up!;)

Seems the post I made after Larry dropped us back at the room did not make it, phone service is patchy in the room and too cold to stand outside. The hospitality here is way better than the weather. Was great to meet up with Larry and his family and a home cooked meal was really appreciated after being on the road for a while. Looking forward to tomorrow and maybe some longer range shooting, the Blackout was fun today.

Just dropped off Pam n Barney. Wow! GREAT PEOPLE!!! Just got done with a bit to eat thx to my Wife. Adobo, Pancit, and Lumpia n drinks. These are seriously top notch folks and I'm a better person to know them. Barney had fun running the 300 Blackout. Seen a ton of Deer and a Herd of Elk. Astoria tomorrow and hopefully more shooting if the weather allows. Was wet as hell today. This is so cool I can't believe it!

And by the way, @Mooseknuckles is a beast! And damn good people as well. Look forward to seeing you again my friend! Damn glad to finally meet up!;)
? yeah there is a reason my nickname is moose.
Glad we could finally meet up!
Barney and Pam are great people! Glad they are having a good trip.
Man wish I could have stayed for a couple drinks yesterday. Damn work!

Just an FYI you bunch of Deplorables, I'm off the Cell Phone Grid HARD. After a day of seeing the sights of Astoria with Pam and Barney I took them to the Workers Tavern downtown for a drink before heading back over to the other side of the River. Well, Larry dropped his Phone stepping outta the Truck and it is DONE DONE DONE. Gotta a bunch of great pics to share but that's only if they can recover them to a new phone I suppose. I'll be back with my Peeps in a few days hopefully. Gawd Dammit !!!! :mad: Still had a damn good time. ;)

Just an FYI you bunch of Deplorables, I'm off the Cell Phone Grid HARD. After a day of seeing the sights of Astoria with Pam and Barney I took them to the Workers Tavern downtown for a drink before heading back over to the other side of the River. Well, Larry dropped his Phone stepping outta the Truck and it is DONE DONE DONE. Gotta a bunch of great pics to share but that's only if they can recover them to a new phone I suppose. I'll be back with my Peeps in a few days hopefully. Gawd Dammit !!!! :mad: Still had a damn good time. ;)

I hear that if you throw it into a tupperware container and cover it with raw/uncooked rice for 24hours or so, that'll cure all ills. I've never had that problem (been VERY lucky). Hopefully, you'll be able to recover the pics. Looking forward to seeing them. (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
I hear that if you throw it into a tupperware container and cover it with raw/uncooked rice for 24hours or so, that'll cure all ills. I've never had that problem (been VERY lucky). Hopefully, you'll be able to recover the pics. Looking forward to seeing them. (y)(y)(y)
Don't need to leave it 24 hours, 30 minutes in the microwave fixes it and charges the battery.

There was no propane tank in sight at the time. Saw a lot of history today, even things that Larry had not seen before. Will try and post some pics in the next few days when I don't have to stand outside to get cell reception. Hunters inn and the accommodation are great but no wifi.

You're going to hate me for saying this, but you should see if that old goat that you are consorting with, can or will take you Salmon fishing. I don't know the seasons at Jimmy's AO, but winter blackmouth is open up here. The nice thing is that fishing is open, it's wet, drizzly and 38-40 degrees and everyone stays home...........except us dumb fux going after winter salmon.

What say you James ? :unsure:;):)

You're going to hate me for saying this, but you should see if that old goat that you are consorting with, can or will take you Salmon fishing. I don't know the seasons at Jimmy's AO, but winter blackmouth is open up here. The nice thing is that fishing is open, it's wet, drizzly and 38-40 degrees and everyone stays home...........except us dumb fux going after winter salmon.

What say you James ? :unsure:;):)

I looked into it with a Buddy. Ya, you can go out right now in the Columbia for "early" Spring Chinook, but between no fish coming in and the weather, it was prudent to just do the trekking around thing. Didn't shoot but the one time cuz I don't soak my kit but one. My Hunting Kit-n-Shit. But did have a great time being with those two, they're seriously just top notch great people. Very comfortable to be around like you've known them forever. Don't come across that often anymore, but seriously, it wasn't a surprise, I'm certain most would agree.

Phone is so screwed up it's not funny. Can't see squat on it and the screen itself is shattered and some big ole cracks all the way across, vertical and horizontal. That means up n down and port n starboard. It's so screwed up as soon as my Wife and I got home just a bit ago from dinner with our friends from Australia, I was trying to shut the damn thing off and apparently called @Veer_G. :ROFLMAO: He wasn't up I guess at 0100 his time today, go figure. Got a PM on here from him letting me know just who the hell I dialed somehow. He's a good sport and know I'm not responsible, for anything. :sneaky:

Best news. I was able to save all the pics I took today at the Maritime Museum, Astoria Column, and the Flavel House in Astoria. Winning. I'll get some pics up and send a bunch to @barneybdb at his email address! (y)

Enjoy the rest of your trip @barneybdb and Pam and thank you for taking the time to stop by. Wonderful time with you two. Hope you enjoyed yourselves, and may our paths cross again in the future!! ;)

This is in my view everyday. I felt inspired to share it with you and what I do know about it.
About 15 years ago I retrieved it from a farm house my ancestors had lived in. On the same 160 acres was a one room school house that my father, his siblings and many cousins attended during their childhood. Now I assume this flag was used for the classroom, but not for sure as one similar to it has been seen in some family pictures. It seems that I had a great great uncle who would dress as Uncle Sam and march in parades at my hometown. As Uncle Sam would march he had a flag like this one he carried.
So I don't know exactly how, but this flag has been a part of my family for quite some time. I had it framed and proudly display it in my living room. I hope you enjoy what is in my view everyday.

Attachments

• 20190224_153612.jpg
    20190224_153612.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 81
This is in my view everyday. I felt inspired to share it with you and what I do know about it.
About 15 years ago I retrieved it from a farm house my ancestors had lived in. On the same 160 acres was a one room school house that my father, his siblings and many cousins attended during their childhood. Now I assume this flag was used for the classroom, but not for sure as one similar to it has been seen in some family pictures. It seems that I had a great great uncle who would dress as Uncle Sam and march in parades at my hometown. As Uncle Sam would march he had a flag like this one he carried.
So I don't know exactly how, but this flag has been a part of my family for quite some time. I had it framed and proudly display it in my living room. I hope you enjoy what is in my view everyday.
48 stars....cool old flag you have there.

Momma’s in town for a short weekend so I managed a room down on Dauphin Island ( off the coast of AL).

We walked the Audubon Bird Sanctuary; held hands on the beach; collected shells and made sand castles; sat on the water and enjoyed cocktails and seafood, and just generally got back in touch with each other and chilled the hell out.

3436A441-A080-4441-AD4E-AC1663BAB39B.jpeg
36B7D8CC-5052-4B8E-89DA-91856BFF773B.jpeg
742C0C8A-464E-4141-9AFA-CAEED63B6AB0.jpeg
8D6906F8-3AF6-4A0C-ADCD-A1C9A452936F.jpeg
BDDF58AD-1200-4405-9E53-9B68CD389B57.jpeg

Bogey

Thats perfect! Weekends like that are needed. Hard to beat with a woman you really love spending time with.

Im sitting here surfing the Hide while watchibg my almost 7 yr old finish school work. It was supposed to be done in class on Friday and she was a brat and wouldnt do it for her teacher.
She will also write an apology to her teacher.
The fits associated with this are going to give me a damn stroke.....?

My view yesterday. In Baton Rouge for my daughter’s first tournament of the season of her last year of gymnastics.

78387AF4-E98B-48D5-9025-6249F23C2BFC.jpeg

88FE4B00-1DA4-4473-9192-764D8D3854DF.jpeg

1A997E14-207D-4BC8-A5EC-A9ECA708974C.jpeg

296F5296-1C8D-4A5C-B7F9-56503FA99215.jpeg

My daughter won second on bars in her level,

A7D4FD63-3029-4EF6-855E-D72AEF28A378.jpeg

Third on floor,

A67BE558-427A-43C7-9136-DE79B9B1D11B.jpeg

And third all around.

8ED5703D-442B-4719-957E-5738AAE8C56E.jpeg

Her team won first team all around.

C558766A-0671-4B57-85B2-0E27407A9717.jpeg

Her team will be going for their fifth, my daughter’s fourth, straight Louisiana State Campionship this year.

Good job with your daughter hound!! My dad taught high school shop for years. One thing I learned is respect your teacher. Don't have very many parents like you in this world. Spent a lot of years in my dads shop on parent teacher night helping him, only to have one or two parents show up.

Took a side road home after dropping my son off with his mom. Looks like a nice spot for a catfish 20190224_173758.jpg20190224_173807.jpg

Pulled in to Portland this afternoon, planned on checking out the waterfalls tomorrow then working our way down the coast to San Francisco. Forcast looks like crap.

You'll like the coast. Don't despair, the coast can and usually does look like crap (weather wise) in the middle of summer too......If you get a little used to the gray and drizzle, it is actually quite beautiful. The rain tends to drown out a lot of noise, so it's easier to find some quiet spots.

Travel safe Mate ! :):):)

Flooding will remain a significant concern in Northern California early this week as a snowstorm unfolds in the lowest elevations of the I-5 corridor in western Oregon.

Heavy rain will continue to stream into the lower elevations of southwestern Oregon and Northern California through Monday.

Farther north, enough cold air is expected to be in place for a disruptive snowstorm to hit the heavily populated Interstate 5 corridor of Oregon and southwestern Washington.

1551073028818.png

Happy trails @barneybdb & Pam. You'll have a great trip none the less. Checked into my crack house Hotel up in Kent, now that I found it. Picked up a new phone, Galaxy S9÷, and now just drinking beer and trying to figure out which way I gotta go to get to the training center tomorrow morning. Fuck! Hate the city!
20190224_225251.jpg
20190224_230134.jpg