• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

One of widow wells. There's usually no snow in these.

There's a 1000 yd range down there somewhere. Probably not much left but now I get to change a couple of things I've been procrastinating about doing. It's just snow melt with 1" of rain. Can't leave town because of water over the highways and the country roads are impassable. The creek in the pic is about 50' wide but the water covers about 1/2 mile wide. Gotta love Spring.

There's a 1000 yd range down there somewhere. Probably not much left but now I get to change a couple of things I've been procrastinating about doing. It's just snow melt with 1" of rain. Can't leave town because of water over the highways and the country roads are impassable. The creek in the pic is about 50' wide but the water covers about 1/2 mile wide. Gotta love Spring.View attachment 7042872

Brother, I feel your pain. If we can see the fence posts we're golden. If'n not? Chest Waders or skiff.

Those are fields as well left and right. Getting ready to take out the County Road.

The Ducks don't mind, nor do I. :LOL:

S Roche, where in NE are you?

I grew up in IA about 90 min east of Lincoln. Went to school in Omaha. Back before it exploded and got stupid. 144th was WAY out west back then.......

So it was 56 and sun shining at lunch today! Rain and fog this morning and and again this early afternoon. Like a lot of other people, lots of backed up rain and melting snow. I put on the muck boots and made the best of the lunchtime.
A little less recoil on Cash’s little green 22-250ai while forming that the 375 ?

@Jefe's Dope we got it pretty good down here too. Less wind without the adjacent open space, so smaller drifts.
Had fun playing in the snow for a while today.

This storm is a bit annoying as my truck is in the shop, so in a chevy malibu rental this week. Kinda sucks to feel I am at the mercy of the roads and weather.......

Have the right tool for the job only to not be able to utilize when you really need it. ?

I was surprised, or not, that the interstate was basically dry. Most roads outside of the neighborhoods are very good. Great plow work and the sun does the rest. My driveway was nearly dry when I left today at 11:30am and we're West facing. I did all the snowblowing last night starting around 5pm or so. Glad I did as it was extremely wet on the bottom and froze over night.

But, we needed the moisture. ?

Reactions: Barneybdb
Stream got a little big for its britches today. Quit work early to stack and run sandbags for 9 hours. All of downtown and about 50 homes flooded. Hell of a community turnout for the effort though. The water came up another 3’ after these pics.

Just got back from an excellent dinner cruise around San Diego / Coronado, food, drinks, service, scenery and weather could not be faulted. Uber allowed me to enjoy the drinks too. Had never used it before this trip. At home Pam does not drink much so she generally drives home after our nights out.
A little easier to have her drive around home than San Diego! ?

One thing I love about being a PM. I’m here...

While this was finishing up last night.?

Hone and polish to 400 grit concrete floor finish while the wife and I celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary? Had to miss a bunch of opportunity’s like this when I was the super and will never forget it........cuz the wife won’t let me???

Sorting some 375 brass today. Found a little problem with 8 out of 200. Figured I’d give Bertram a call and see what they would have to say. They’re going to send replacements? Can’t argue with that. Had the same problem with some Lapua in 6br over the years and didnt have the same luck.

One thing I love about being a PM. I’m here...

View attachment 7043439View attachment 7043443

While this was finishing up last night.?

View attachment 7043447

Hone and polish to 400 grit concrete floor finish while the wife and I celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary? Had to miss a bunch of opportunity’s like this when I was the super and will never forget it........cuz the wife won’t let me???

Kudos on the anniversary Brother! 28 years with a good woman, doesn’t get much better! ???

I’ll see what I can do. The signal is shit where I’m going so it might be an evenings update. @tnichols if you’re bored, I might have a spot for you tomorrow

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Went for a drive to Point Loma today, came across this place so stopped to pay our respects...

Went for a drive to Point Loma today, came across this place so stopped to pay our respects...

View attachment 7044320

Went to college with one of the Gildred's of Point Loma. ;)

Reactions: Barneybdb
Got some good dope to verify that TRASOL is correct. Started the the morning with cold bore and 2 follow ups at 915 yards. About a 3” group. We moved and shot 1757 and 2029. Winds were 7-15. Didn’t get any pictures of the plates at the longer ranges but these forming loads are doing pretty good?

Shot the 284 out to the 1757 and did well. The 175 are going pretty slow in the forming loads, 2700 but at almost a mile there were more on the plate than off.

Sorry the room is tilted...it's almost my nap time....not really. After 30 years of night shift it's extremely rare for me to doze.
A rare Sunday night working. I'm padding my time cause I'm getting the neck shots Tuesday morning early. I just don't have much sick time left from all the surgeries since 2015.
I'm starting to get the feeling this will be my last year in this office, and I ain't talking promotion.
It's been a solid effort, but I'm running out of steam.

View attachment 7044848

Sorry the room is tilted...it's almost my nap time....not really. After 30 years of night shift it's extremely rare for me to doze.
A rare Sunday night working. I'm padding my time cause I'm getting the neck shots Tuesday morning early. I just don't have much sick time left from all the surgeries since 2015.
I'm starting to get the feeling this will be my last year in this office, and I ain't talking promotion.
It's been a solid effort, but I'm running out of steam.

Stick to it Bud......I've been through Hips, Eyes, Gut, Etc and what keeps you going is the fighting spirit. It doesn't fix itself, you have to do it.

We're pullin' for you and in our prayers ! You can do it ! (y)(y)(y)(y)

View attachment 7044569View attachment 7044570Got some good dope to verify that TRASOL is correct. Started the the morning with cold bore and 2 follow ups at 915 yards. About a 3” group. We moved and shot 1757 and 2029. Winds were 7-15. Didn’t get any pictures of the plates at the longer ranges but these forming loads are doing pretty good?

Shot the 284 out to the 1757 and did well. The 175 are going pretty slow in the forming loads, 2700 but at almost a mile there were more on the plate than off.

@pmclaine might have a nicer ass than you......depending on who you talk to :whistle:. I have no dog in this hunt, doesn't make any difference to me, not that I'm lookin' :unsure::whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do I understand you correctly that you're grouping around 3" @ 900 yards ? Pretty damn impressive !

Reactions: RNWRKNP
@pmclaine might have a nicer ass than you......depending on who you talk to :whistle:. I have no dog in this hunt, doesn't make any difference to me, not that I'm lookin' :unsure::whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do I understand you correctly that you're grouping around 3" @ 900 yards ? Pretty damn impressive !

To be fair Carhartt overalls aren't flattering on anyone.
@pmclaine is certainly more fashion conscious

That’s my buddy Adam. It’s his place that we’re were shooting at. I’ll let him know next time you want to see him in some nut hugger pants ?

Our rifles are pretty close to the same; Stiller action, Xlr evo Stock, atlas 5h, 33” barrels. His barrel is an 8 twist and mine is a 10. He shoots vortex and nightforce for me.

Yeah it is pretty close to 3” at 915. It surprised the hell out of me! It’s shooting pretty decent at close range but not 1/3 moa.

That’s my buddy Adam. It’s his place that we’re were shooting at. I’ll let him know next time you want to see him in some nut hugger pants ?

Our rifles are pretty close to the same; Stiller action, Xlr evo Stock, atlas 5h, 33” barrels. His barrel is an 8 twist and mine is a 10. He shoots vortex and nightforce for me.

Yeah it is pretty close to 3” at 915. It surprised the hell out of me! It’s shooting pretty decent at close range but not 1/3 moa.

Ummm............No, I was just kidding. No need for any nut hugger shots........It was mostly carry over from a post with PMac, also, just kidding.

Congrats on the 3", that's pretty damn awesome !

Last edited:
Reactions: Geno C.