• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Did he lose any digits ? (Asking out of genuine concern. The pic of the bench looked awful. The "forensics" didn't look good :()
I think his hands are ok? Hard to believe looking at the pistol grip. I couldn’t tell when I took him because of all the blood he had all over him. He didn’t mention his hands or fingers.

Normally I have quick clot gauze in my truck. I didn’t have anything but clean Jersey gloves for him to hold pressure on his face. Head bleeds make a mess

I think his hands are ok? Hard to believe looking at the pistol grip. I couldn’t tell when I took him because of all the blood he had all over him. He didn’t mention his hands or fingers.

Well, assuming he was somewhat lucid, that sounds promising. Ye Gads, that was nasty. Glad I wasn't there. The pics don't tell the whole story, but they do tell me enough to know I'm glad I'm here and wasn't there.

Wish him the best/speedy recovery from us Belligerents, huh ?

Skull fractures can be a funny business. All depends on what bone(s) and where (if it includes a neural foramen, hole for a nerve) or how much is is displaced.

What kinda scope was that? Didnt recognize it right off hand.

Glad he is awake and talking. Frontal hits can cause a lot of trouble.
Axse me how I knows.......

Skull fractures can be a funny business. All depends on what bone(s) and where (if it includes a neural foramen, hole for a nerve) or how much is is displaced.

What kinda scope was that? Didnt recognize it right off hand.

Glad he is awake and talking. Frontal hits can cause a lot of trouble.
Axse me how I knows.......
Scope was a March. Not sure of model but used for ELR.

Reactions: powdahound76
View attachment 7045597

Waiting to have a needle stuck in my spine. I've had many injections in my knees, shoulders, elbows, wrists, I'm starting to think about the pain.

I'll just think of the three biggest lies....
This'll only hurt for a little while.
I'll only stick the head of it in.

Hang in there amigo. Know what you mean related to the back for injection pain and it sucks. Pressure of the injection compounding the problem you already have and it blows?

Scope was a March. Not sure of model but used for ELR.

Hi,

The scope appears to be a March Genesis 6-60.
So you looking at $7k in scope sitting on DT HTI......So lets ballpark it at $15k sitting there.
Which should tell us the injured guy is NOT new to the ELR game, wildcats, reloading and choosing proper smiths. But something clearly went horribly wrong!!!

Sincerely,
Theis

image.jpg

Spending the week in the hospital with my 2 year old. Second time in 4 months. These damn cold viruses get a hold of her and damn near kill her. We need to get it sorted out in time... she is back to herself today and may go home this evening...

View attachment 7046364

Spending the week in the hospital with my 2 year old. Second time in 4 months. These damn cold viruses get a hold of her and damn near kill her. We need to get it sorted out in time... she is back to herself today and may go home this evening...

All the best, thoughts and prayers .....

View attachment 7046364

I hear ya - son had a bout with MRSA at just a little older than this. Watching your sick child is way worse than being sick yourself.....

Thanks ThreadCutter...

Mersa, that’s some serious stuff. How is he now?

Ya, it’s a constant battle. Hand sanitizers, constant hand washing, wearing medical masks while in public. All in an attempt to not bring anything home for her to get. Then when she gets anything it’s CONTSTANT supervision because when it sets in her fever moves fast!
I hope Cash is well these days...

Lapua
You up north at MCR or down here in the city?

Sorry bout that. Terrible stuff. Went through it a lot when my daughter was little.

Little ones are tough and resilient. Until they’re not. Then they are way sick and scare the daylights out of ya.

Good luck to ya. Holler if you need anything.

View attachment 7046364

Dang that's a punch in the gut dude. Lord, help that youngun, bless her and heal her.
Will pray that the doctors get some idea why this is occurring.

Lapua
You up north at MCR or down here in the city?

Sorry bout that. Terrible stuff. Went through it a lot when my daughter was little.

Little ones are tough and resilient. Until they’re not. Then they are way sick and scare the daylights out of ya.

Good luck to ya. Holler if you need anything.

We’re up here at MCR/UC Health. We are actually good now I hope. Waiting on discharge papers, then we outta here.

Dang that's a punch in the gut dude. Lord, help that youngun, bless her and heal her.
Will pray that the doctors get some idea why this is occurring.

Thanks to you guys, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... you’re all a great group of fellas.

Made a little loading block for the 375 yesterday. Have to get loaded up for Spearpoint, got tired of the cases not being contained while dumping powder. Hopefully I’ll get enough time to build a couple 25 round ammo boxes before I hit the road. Time is slipping threw my fingers it feels. There are never enough hours in a day...
725A947C-BBDB-4611-9AD9-410B6A67B899.jpeg

Was feeling pretty blah with a horrible headache again. Wife brought me home a steak sub from a real Eyetallyin place. Haven't had subs like theirs in 33 years. Remind me of Brothers pizza in Woodbridge VA....they probly ain't there anymore.

Gave cutting my hair a try, my arms are working a little better. Trimmed my beard.

But then...
I got dressed. I put on "The Shirt" . As the cotton blend slipped accross my skin I began to feel like a new man. My headache disappeared. I began to feel confident, master of my domain, a man who truly has the world by the tail.
Then again that 5mg of oxy probably kicked in full gear about the time that shirt went over my head.

My wife says it can't go on vacation. She thinks I'm gonna end up in a viral video.

IMG_20190320_222610179.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 7046364

Wishing you and your little one the best.

Mersa, that’s some serious stuff. How is he now?

That was almost 10 years ago now. In the hospital for almost 10 days right before Christmas when he got it. A long story, but being in the hospital was almost as hard on him as the MRSA. I was getting really nervous near the end as he was severely agitated and actually started licking everything in his crib. Talk about something that gave me the heebee jeebees. I was thinking - kid, there is probably way worse stuff on this hospital equipment than the MRSA. He ended up getting a PICC line so we could give him antibiotics at home and he got home Dec. 23rd -just in time for Christmas. Had one recurrence about 6 months later, but we were on the lookout and doctor gave him some high power crap to snuff it out before it got far that time. Luckily nothing since then.

Hope your kiddo is on the mend and on their way home.

Good news is I caught it on the preflight. Mad scramble to get passenger on an alternative means of travel ??. Drove home and figured I might as well shoot. It was the 308’s turn at 655 yards on a “breezy” Iowa day. Shooting went well, so I thought I’d take a walk and paint steel I haven’t been able to get to do that since the thaw. I had hoped that it had dried a bit. I was wrong.
160087FF-D4BD-4940-84BD-42FF64CBABC4.jpeg

Did meet up with a couple of exceptions to that rule in Washington State.....
Look forward to catching up with more of you in the future....
Hopefully next time we can hook up. I think we missed each other by about 12hrs this time. You want to shoot we can do that, you want good food hell I will cook it, bourbon check. Scenery and history, I have that covered as well.

Hopefully next time we can hook up. I think we missed each other by about 12hrs this time. You want to shoot we can do that, you want good food hell I will cook it, bourbon check. Scenery and history, I have that covered as well.
All sounds good mate but need better weather next time, the motel carpark was like an ice rink, over an inch thick, lucky they plowed the bit behind my car before we left, had to use 4WD the day before to get out of the carpark, road tires did not help but hire cars can go almost anywhere....

All sounds good mate but need better weather next time, the motel carpark was like an ice rink, over an inch thick, lucky they plowed the bit behind my car before we left, had to use 4WD the day before to get out of the carpark, road tires did not help but hire cars can go almost anywhere....

ramming speed............... :whistle::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well you know I am blaming you for all that. Since the day you landed in LA we have had one of our stormiest winters in years. Until this week we had not gone more than 2 1/2 days without a storm in the last 5 weeks. This week we went 4 days but it is storming now. Prior to your arrival in the USA winter here was looking poor. Looked like massive drought conditions again this year.
You arrive and we have 3 months of winter in 5 weeks. Snow pack is well above 100% across the state. That has only happened 1 other winter in the last 10 (2 years ago).
I monitored your travels and noticed the weather was following you around the west.
We thank you for the water.

Been to Vets a few times too tnichols!

Mostly our girls volleyball team who made state several times in the 90’s.

Good on ya. We parents do a lot of stuff that isnt our thing for our kids.
Ty wont forget that when he is choosing your old folks home.......??

That’s Wells Fargo Center, I’m not sure if the old Vets is still there. VB State moved to CR a few years back, don’t know why. Shorter drive for me ?

I actually like sitting further back. You can see the plays develop better when you can see the entire playing field, court, rink, etc...

Reactions: tnichols