• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Gotta new chewy for the Deer. They're making short order outta their new crack block. ?

View attachment 7053428
Try some of this:

R

Amen!

Tears during the anthem for me too. I always think about my grandpa in WWII and all the rest from the start of this amazing republic till now.
What an awesome collection of men and women!

Love the Braves, they were my team until I moved to CO. Now I am a Rockies guy.

Enjoy Chikin. Glad yer neck is feelin better and still a bit red.....?

Hey Bender!!! Do they sell men’s cars where you found that one! ????

When I was younger I had a ‘68 SS 396 Chevelle that was my daily driver. I kind of miss that car at times. I hope you can make the deal work for you man.

Reactions: Bender
Hey Bender!!! Do they sell men’s cars where you found that one! ????

When I was younger I had a ‘68 SS 396 Chevelle that was my daily driver. I kind of miss that car at times. I hope you can make the deal work for you man.

I’m going to go look at it Friday. I hope I can make it work. If any of you want the information of the guy I would happily let someone have it. I’m probably not going to be able to get this one unless it waits for me LOL

Reactions: Barneybdb
I’m going to go look at it Friday. I hope I can make it work. If any of you want the information of the guy I would happily let someone have it. I’m probably not going to be able to get this one unless it waits for me LOL
Look it over and let me know. If it’s all on the up and up, it might look good in my garage...

Honestly it does not look like an SS to me. That could explain the price. Might be a nice car otherwise.

Reactions: Bender
You need to see if there is a build sheet with matching VIN. Too many repro parts available. And too many dishonest people. Not a good combination. The VIN shouldn’t ID a true SS IIRC....

I want this car so bad, but it will sell before I can get to it. I may just look for a non SS and build my own big block. Take a junkyard 8.1 and put Raylar stage III heads/cam and intake for +600hp NA.

I’m 90% it’s not numbers matching. But he did say it’s an SS. My buddy here in town just sold his complete but not finished SS 496 for $30k.

Reactions: cornhusker86
OOPS.......

Its amazing what a car can look like and the people inside are ok, just sore. Tomorrow and the next day will tell them something else.......

Reactions: clcustom1911
I want this car so bad, but it will sell before I can get to it. I may just look for a non SS and build my own big block. Take a junkyard 8.1 and put Raylar stage III heads/cam and intake for +600hp NA.

Easy there big boy! We need to have a conversation.

There's so many things I see potentially wrong with that car that it could get very expensive real quick!

The steering wheel is the first obvious clue of what could lie beneath that shiny paint job. If the primary point of contact right in front of you has multiple cracks in it..... what's being hidden?

I've seen so many muscle car buyers be led to the gallows by a shiny paint job that covered up some seriously artistic bondo work that concealed fender, door, quarter panel, cowl, and floor pan cancer that was only repairable by panel replacement. To the point that the structural integrity of the body was seriously compromised.

Just for an extreme price example of a decent paint job, here's Mark Stielow's Hellfire Camaro being pounded while cashing Mike Maier's Mustang on the race track at Vegas after being in the Optima Booth at SEMA in 2014, just the cost of the PPG paint materials alone for this paint job were $6,500 in 2013.

i-Q8DGMtm-XL.jpg

There's some really good buys on very good cars out there, but they're 1 in 10ish. There are so many crooks it's demoralizing, Barrett Jackson and Mecam's auctions created the shiny paint for profit over a rust bucket game IMO.

I'm not trying to shoot you down, just save you from taking a bullet in the back. I've been a mod on a Pro Touring forum for 8 years and have seen way too many members be seriously screwed once their cars were closely inspected. (y)