• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Well shit I got a surprise today. I was loading the truck up to head out shooting, my daughter had ran into the shop fallowed by my wife with her new shirt on.
I looked at it, then took a double look, first words to my wife where (no shit). I’m excited and scared all over again but can’t wait.
7B33256A-7ED9-440B-99AE-67757E8EBA39.jpeg

Congrats!
Well shit I got a surprise today. I was loading the truck up to head out shooting, my daughter had ran into the shop fallowed by my wife with her new shirt on.
I looked at it, then took a double look, first words to my wife where (no shit). I’m excited and scared all over again but can’t wait.
View attachment 7064781

Reactions: j-huskey
View attachment 7064781
Congratulations, Moose.

Reactions: j-huskey
View attachment 7064781

CONGRATS DAD !!!!! That pic is gonna be epic for a lifetime. :p

View attachment 7064781
Congrats! They now know medically what causes pregnancy ?

View attachment 7064781
Right on brother!! 2 is a dang good number to keep you busy!

I still have a few of my grandads books, all the ones I got as he downsized snd when he passed. Old westerns mostly. And the Bible he gave me when I was 8. King James Version. Only one I had for years. Darn tough to read at 8......

Good man. Just thought about him today as the kids were being stinkers and making me wish for more vodka.... (thanks @Threadcutter308). He would be 103. He was gentle and patient. I guess surviving the depression and WWII gives a different perspective.

Its good y’all got them and can pass em to the boys later on.

I still have a few of my grandads books, all the ones I got as he downsized snd when he passed. Old westerns mostly. And the Bible he gave me when I was 8. King James Version. Only one I had for years. Darn tough to read at 8......

Good man. Just thought about him today as the kids were being stinkers and making me wish for more vodka.... (thanks @Threadcutter308). He would be 103. He was gentle and patient. I guess surviving the depression and WWII gives a different perspective.

Its good y’all got them and can pass em to the boys later on.

Nice.... Thanks P/H. ;)

(Gentle and patient is tough........but it pays huge dividends once the rug rats figure it out.......which, they pretty much always do. Just give them a little time, it'll happen. I strongly suspect that your Grandad's temperament and perspective was altered and forged based on what he saw and experienced in WWII/European theatre). He would be very proud of you right now.

Sounds like you and yours had a nice Easter. The Wife and I took Mom out to the local Seafood restaurant for brunch. It was nice for all. :):):)

Last edited:
Jamie and I are pretty big on keeping old family stuff. Jamie’s dad is decent at keeping some stuff and other stuff I have to intercept before he gets rid of it. No real rhyme or reason to him sometimes

Or, no rhyme or reason to why you go dumpster diving for the stuff he tosses in there (?......)

Don't kid yourself (or us). It's history. It's your history and it's important. (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Saturday we took a trip to Roanoke - an equal distance halfway point - to meet the newlyweds we ended up giving our old dining room set to.
She's a hometown friend who got married last Fall to a trooper from western VA, and they moved back to his hometown AO after he'd done his tour away from there in our community.

We started out at asking $600 and settled on giving it to them after we learned that she'd struggled finding a job and they were trying to buy a house.
Met in Roanoke for lunch, and I did cave and let them pay as they'd insisted.

A little while after we got home she sent me a photo and they'd already re-assembled it and it was a perfect fit in their new dining room!
My wife said - "I knew you were going to end up giving that thing away when advertised it for sale. I don't know why you didn't just go straight to that to being with".
She doesn't understand the game at all. :rolleyes:

Looks like it belongs there.

Today I got the last of Spring fertilizer down, we did some Easter visiting, and I had a list of things I wanted to do when we got back home... all of which got shoved aside as I grabbed a cold one and went to the dock.

These two year olds are flat wicked on ultralight!
Fat and thick as can be and full of fight!

I still have a list of tasks that need doing around here, but sometimes you just have to take a moment and enjoy.

Momma and I are pretty sentimental as well.
Cant imagine the stuff we will end up with over the years...... ?

Its been a darn good Easter. Being a Christian its of course very special to my very imperfect self.
Also always love special family time. Thats where it is at for me.

@Threadcutter308 - try the Deep Edy grapefruit vodka and soda water on ice with a little lime. I think the recipe is 2/1 strong on the vodka. Darn tasty. Not too sweet. The Deep Edy is from Austin like momma, so you know its good!

Momma and I are pretty sentimental as well.
Cant imagine the stuff we will end up with over the years...... ?

Its been a darn good Easter. Being a Christian its of course very special to my very imperfect self.
Also always love special family time. Thats where it is at for me.

@Threadcutter308 - try the Deep Edy grapefruit vodka and soda water on ice with a little lime. I think the recipe is 2/1 strong on the vodka. Darn tasty. Not too sweet. The Deep Edy is from Austin like momma, so you know its good!

Thanks P, appreciated ! ;)

I have been a bit surprised that the vast majority of restaurants and stores have been closed down, (apparently, in respect to Easter (and it's significance)) than what I would have thought for liberal western Washington/Seattle. (Although, I haven't been to downtown Seattle in years.....)).

You guys have a good one....:cool:

I took R and Geno’s cue and jumped on the 22 bandwagon this afternoon. I shot the 260 this morning, but got bored quickly as I could only go to 695 yards due to farming operations. My old frankengun Ruger working on small silhouettes at 100 and 135 yards.

CD6ADE0D-9E75-4E7E-A233-6D7154658B45.jpeg
0F5D4612-E326-49E4-BDEB-E59FD69D5DEA.jpeg

Uncle Schartz

You should really get the walk behind manual push mower.
Its mo bettah for your cardiovascular health and then you wont be contributing to the ozone damage and terrible global warming!

Any other advice you need, just holler! ???

The scene around a little pond I was fishing tonight. Look closely and you’ll see some turtles on the log in the water.

Attachments

• 59378606-4698-4FF9-9CC2-828B36945014.jpeg
    59378606-4698-4FF9-9CC2-828B36945014.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 108
  • BE9CFA20-C575-4349-9958-E15FEBD80E00.jpeg
    BE9CFA20-C575-4349-9958-E15FEBD80E00.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 34235F47-1BB6-4FCD-B6C4-E24E6F0B6926.jpeg
    34235F47-1BB6-4FCD-B6C4-E24E6F0B6926.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 108
  • BE9C3DCE-B190-406F-989D-8B0D48B73A53.jpeg
    BE9C3DCE-B190-406F-989D-8B0D48B73A53.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 279286E2-2015-4B3E-B851-E5BBAC2AB176.jpeg
    279286E2-2015-4B3E-B851-E5BBAC2AB176.jpeg
    519.4 KB · Views: 108
I think he was wondering where the toast AND biscuits are? Need both for extra fuel.....

Please post recipe for funeral potatoes. They sound and look awesome.

I saw a deal about making crispy hash browns in the waffle iron, will have to try it out. Looks mighty fine to me, other than the sugar on the ham......
and I use Cholula but just a dab. My gut is too pansy for much spice.

I think he was wondering where the toast AND biscuits are? Need both for extra fuel.....

Please post recipe for funeral potatoes. They sound and look awesome.

I saw a deal about making crispy hash browns in the waffle iron, will have to try it out. Looks mighty fine to me, other than the sugar on the ham......
and I use Cholula but just a dab. My gut is too pansy for much spice.

Use hash browns and cream cheese instead of sour cream.

Bake in a 9x11 and use leftovers in the waffle iron

Pansy.

Hit the stair master more, though you are dang fast already. And more legs. “Everyday is leg day” is a good rule. More right stuff released by your body.
Also, eat more bacon. A must for manliness.
Then you don't care about a couple pounds here n there. It comes off the next week from long runs.

Im just rambling. I need more bourbon