• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

I just gotta tell you fine gentlemen, I'm finding this very entertaining. Great stuff guys.

Here I am in Texas, but the training facility is owned by the Canadians, and apparently the management doesn't allow websites in the "weapons" category. Didn't stop me from using the hotspot on my phone to hook up my iPad ;)

Reactions: 1J04
I got home from Texas today and it's crazy warm here in the upper Midwest. 60-65 degrees (30+ above normal). So, a little mid-winter pistol tune up on my little range. My view... IMG_3217.JPG

I got home from Texas today and it's crazy warm here in the upper Midwest. 60-65 degrees (30+ above normal). So, a little mid-winter pistol tune up on my little range. My view...

Has anyone called you a dick yet for having such a nice range all to yourself?

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Great stuff guy's. Are we some lucky sumbitches or what?

Spent the better part of the day and evening in the Hospital with a Heroin Junkie riding the White Horse. Not even worth a photo.........

Sad. I got money says not much changes...

Unfortunately me too. I've dealt with her since she was a juvenile. She'll do what she and 98% of the others will do. Come in, get clean, hit the gate and repeat. It's inevitable. We'll be dealing with her spawn before ya know it. Happens all the time.

Almost bought a new truck this morning. Frick'n lead Cow decided to take the herd across the damn road right in front of me. Damn phone was on the charger and the charger cord was wrapped around a rifle barrel so I couldn't get'm while they were 10' off my grill. Shit flew to the floorboards when I smashed the brake pedal. :( Couple Spikes only in this bunch right now. Hope ya enjoy the shot.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/UpcLlMN.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/wIX387g.jpg"}[/IMG2]

29 degrees and thankfully not too icy or we woulda been eating fresh backstrap !!!! :p

Good pics! Apparently they don't look both ways before crossing. Neither do our deer in Iowa!

Good pics! Apparently they don't look both ways before crossing. Neither do our deer in Iowa!

lol. No, They're Elk. They go wherever, whenever they damn well please. I sent it to my Son's and one of them came back with "Damn Timber Horses". Nice.

if you hit one of those, it may not buff out.

No Sir. They're hell on bending rigs. Buddy in a Ford Ranger went thru a herd some years back and killed 3 of them. I don't know how he walked away from it. Truck was complete, and total, FUBAR.

Timber horses? LMAO! I wonder where he got his sense of humor from?

A narrow piece of my view last week. Reminded me of our crowbar hotel correspondent Aurthanol James 04, so I had to snap a pic.

So we were discussing crazy shit in the Hot Russian on the Tower in Dubai thread right? Talk'n bout scary shit n shit. You know, that ball tingle type stuff. Well, lemme tell ya, THIS is exactly why the hair stands on the back of my neck sometimes when I'm either timber hunting in stealth mode, or predator calling in the brush and not having any chance whatsoever to see what's coming into the call before it's like in your lap. This is a MASSIVE Tom. Bout 240 lbs of Stanley the Honey Badger. My friend has a bunch of Cams out and this cat has been showing up lately. We got a good day yesterday regarding the weather and the wind for his spot. He gets out there, let's the place settle down, then starts his calling series. As far as I know this holds true damn near everywhere, but my personal experience is, around here only, that Cats take up to 45 mins to an hour to come to the call. This one showed up in 15 !! At approximately 17 yds !! :eek: He said the cat seen him lifting his rifle and put it's ears back and hissed. Pop !! Pile drove him in the shoulder and off he went. Gave him about an hr and went for the recovery. At the Taxidermist now for a full mount. Lucky sumbitch. Appears to be well fed eh?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/Gk0gO1F.png?1"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/HM1DLcp.jpg"}[/IMG2]

p8ndjQ1.png

So we were discussing crazy shit in the Hot Russian on the Tower in Dubai thread right? Talk'n bout scary shit n shit. You know, that ball tingle type stuff. Well, lemme tell ya, THIS is exactly why the hair stands on the back of my neck sometimes when I'm either timber hunting in stealth mode, or predator calling in the brush and not having any chance whatsoever to see what's coming into the call before it's like in your lap. This is a MASSIVE Tom. Bout 240 lbs of Stanley the Honey Badger. My friend has a bunch of Cams out and this cat has been showing up lately. We got a good day yesterday regarding the weather and the wind for his spot. He gets out there, let's the place settle down, then starts his calling series. As far as I know this holds true damn near everywhere, but my personal experience is, around here only, that Cats take up to 45 mins to an hour to come to the call. This one showed up in 15 !! At approximately 17 yds !! :eek: He said the cat seen him lifting his rifle and put it's ears back and hissed. Pop !! Pile drove him in the shoulder and off he went. Gave him about an hr and went for the recovery. At the Taxidermist now for a full mount. Lucky sumbitch. Appears to be well fed eh?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/Gk0gO1F.png?1"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/HM1DLcp.jpg"}[/IMG2]

p8ndjQ1.png

That's a dandy!
Have some buds in NM that run the dogs after the cats and bears.
Hunting them with the call would be exciting.

R

That's one big putty tat.
Was talking with my mom about big cats today and related a story that happened to me in Idaho.
Went bow hunting with a former boss for elk.
We grabbed our bows and gear and climbed up about 500' from the gravel road to an abandoned logging road. Got about 150yds along the logging road when I realized I had left my release in the Suburban. Turned around to go and get it. Went about 40 maybe 50 yards and noticed big cat tracks on top of our boot prints. He had followed us almost from the moment we hit the road.
As you can imagine, the pucker factor pegged the needle out. The rest of the day was spent looking over our shoulders.

That's a very fine lookin cat and getting it by calling had to be exciting as hell.

We can't run dogs anymore or bait bears. The population is exploding because of that. One must remember when you're calling you're the prey. I've only seen 2 cougar in my life. Never had a chance at either. I've never called a cougar in as far as I know, but bear, deer, bobcat, and yotes. Crows n Ravens even come to it.
Can't pack a firearm during any archery season so seeing tracks in your tracks with no release would be unsettling to say the least. We practice at 20yds 2 fingering the string just in case a release goes shit bag and ya don't have time to snag the spare outta the pack.
This guy was using an open reed call, not an electronic caller, so Tom had him pegged coming in. Said when it happened it was right now! Got his buzz thay's for sure.
I was archery elk hunting behind my place couple years back and called a bull in right on top of me. He had snuck around me and next thing I know I've got an ear full of bugle at 'maybe' 10-15 yards. I'll be honest, it scared the living shit outta me. Was not expecting that. Yes I shook. He caught my wind and sounded like a D9 crashing thru the brush. This guy says when Tom popped out it was biblical. I can't imagine.

Reactions: meph_z
This weather is insane for February here in VA!
I had taking one of the beech trees out around the pond on my procrastination list, but with most of the trees fully budded and some even producing leaves now, I figured I'd better get to it.
Another mid 70s slice of perfection today.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/0gvxYxQ.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Spent the afternoon building some whitetail bedrooms in the woods. We'll see if it pays any dividends as the year progresses.
Got about 20 or so done. I have one more area to get through and I'll be done. Maybe next weekend. I wasn't expecting Spring in fucking February, so everything is on the rush now.

#hingecutting #canwehashtag #fuckit #hastagsarestupidanyway

UkaT9kS.jpg

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/eW8q8LN.jpg"}[/IMG2]

jp9vDWb.jpg

Ru83k0D.jpg

wGIvlle.jpg

Spent the afternoon building some whitetail bedrooms in the woods. We'll see if it pays any dividends as the year progresses.
Got about 20 or so done. I have one more area to get through and I'll be done. Maybe next weekend. I wasn't expecting Spring in fucking February, so everything is on the rush now.

UkaT9kS.jpg

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/eW8q8LN.jpg"}[/IMG2]

jp9vDWb.jpg

Ru83k0D.jpg

wGIvlle.jpg

Wit felling skillz like those you are neva gonna make it in the lumberjack union.

<iframe src='http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7811951-dinty-moore-stew-lumbersexuals-campaign/embed_videos.html?video=3145fcca-add4-4b2e-b5f6-d45f2ea53cc6&embed=true' width="512" height="288" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowFullScreen></iframe>

UkaT9kS.jpg

jp9vDWb.jpg

Ru83k0D.jpg

wGIvlle.jpg

Put a little face cut on those "whitetail bedrooms" to keep from tearing the bark. Never leave an ugly stump ;-)

Results are desired effect.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YNotV3rnp68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haha, is that from the Dinty Moore ad series? Those were hilarious.

Yes.

<iframe src='http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7811951-dinty-moore-stew-lumbersexuals-campaign/embed_videos.html?video=4e5d26a5-8a9d-48b0-94bd-2c9e2575f07a&embed=true' width="512" height="288" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowFullScreen></iframe>

I remember this photo that someone posted over on the CBS nightmare...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/d.justpo.st\/media\/images\/2016\/02\/24\/i-am-so-glad-i-dont-have-to-actually-hunt-i-have-no-idea-where-gluten-free-tacos-live-1456359776.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I can't post pics everyday, 'cause my life is basically boring. Bueller, Bueller, ....

From the top of the mountain behind my place. In the distance you can see English Mountain. Behind them are the Great Smokey Mountains

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1488489332.7283.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1488489332.7283.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 122
New site, pretty new view.

Here in SE AZ, we moved in from the Imperial State back around Memorial Day.

We are nestled in the sunset shadow of the Dragoon Mountains. Our little mining village/ghost town of Pearce bills itself as the gateway to Cochise's Stronghold. He's still up there somewhere, his friends went to their graves with the location of his. They say you can judge a man by the character of his friends, and the heat of his enemies' anger. He gets my vote.

Pearce is not quite a Ghost town, yet. Commonwealth Mines are still operating, having produced more gold and silver over the years then the entire rest of Arizona.

At about 4800ft ASL, we live in a land where that shot just seems to carry on forever. Not really, but it's still fun. Instead, we have a community where not being a shooter is a rarity. We maintain a small shooting pit with a 100yd extreme stretch. The kids seem to think it's a drinking pit in the dark, and some of our less responsible brethren (and apparently, sistren, too...) have been regularly mistaking it for a trash pit (said trash usually being given a parting shot or two...). So once a month or so, we do the neighborly thing and pick up the trash and convey it to the local actual trash pit at our own expense; shooting is important around here. We are along SR 191, about 16-17mi South of I-10 between Wilcox and Benson.

East of us is the Sulfur Spring Valley, backed up by the Chiracahua Mountains. Up the North end of the Valley, by I-10 is the Wilcox Dry Lake and Bombing Range. F-16's and A10's from Davis-Monthan make dry runs at it every day. Folks may cuss at McCain, but he saved the A-10 (along with Martha McSally), and a lot of local Air Force employees owe their continued employment to him.

Mixed up in the whole area are sections of the Coronado National Forest, which leaves folks scratching their heads looking for trees. It's about the Mesquite, which sometimes approaches the height of a large bush.

Heading South 50 miles, we get to Douglas AZ, and the Border with Mexico. Douglas encompasses the Douglas Municipal Shooting Park, a pretty well preserved section of a retired Army National Guard Base and its 300 meter ranges, shared between the public, the CBP, and the ICE people. The border with Mexico is, well, The Border With Mexico. Everyone coming back home Northbound gets stopped at the CBP checkpoint in Elfrida. Nice folks, cute doggies, too... Did I mention armed to the teeth?

West of there, next mountains over, the Huachucas, is Sierra Vista, and Fort Huachuca.

The views here are looong, mountains to mountains, high, dry deserts in between; maybe 40-60 miles at a vista. Yet right now, we are approaching the Spring rains, and
this Summer, the Monsoons arrive too. Everything is greening up, cactus are filling out, the Ocatillos looking like green cat-o-nine -tails, soon to have red blossoms.

I'm likely gonna die here some day; happy too, I think.

Greg

Last edited:
It started Friday morning with scratchy throat and dull headache. , but I went ahead and worked in the cold wind outside Saturday and Sunday all day anyway.
Paying for it today. Big time.
I hate head colds, and the people who spread them.

0016500555310_A1A3_ItemMaster_type_large.jpeg

photo49195.jpgphoto49196.jpgphoto49197.jpg Yesterday at Meddard Park, between Lithia and Plant City.
The kids play in and climb all over the live oak roots.
Lots of big gators on the lake. Seen them up to 13' while in a kayak. Big pucker factor...

Got home in time from work with enough daylight left to shoot. I'm testing the FGMM 308 185 Juggernaut load (see Range Report thread). Maybe today isn't the day to work with a 308 out to 1K... Sorry, but video wouldn't upload. It's absolutely howling here.