• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Who remembers marble works?
20190720_144457.jpg

Wife just sent this to me. She is not happy!? She's gonna shatter a window as hard as she beats on them.

View attachment 7111074

Quit bitching.....

My deer ate a bit more than yours, just sayin...

20190720_161910.jpg

Second basket, other end of field.

20190720_120232.jpg

They gonna be fat deer when it's time for them to be groceries.
There were 72 of them eating in the 60 acre field, on 40 planted acres, two nights ago.

My first evening of deer hunting in WI when I first moved here in 2000, I worked for a dairy farm. The farmer was happy to let me hunt the farm and said shoot as many does as I wanted since he had a pile of crop damage tags. At that time, they gave 3 doe tags for every buck tag. That first evening, I grabbed a handful of 300win and stuffed them in my pocket. Didn’t think much of it. Got up in this nosebleed stand 30+ feet in the air overlooking a 30 and a 40 of alfalfa. Got to be about dusk, a little heard came out. Then another. I picked the farthest one and shot. The rest ran a bit and stopped so I shot another. This went on again and again until I was out of ammo!!! 13 deer laid in the field and I had to call in backup to haul them all out ? I’ll never forget that night

Too bad you dont have any cool or nice stuff.

Im a bit of a junk collector, so if you ever upgrade and need to offload, happy to do you a favor and take some of that away for ya........

Sounds like fun huntin varmints off the porch.
I travel for a living so walking out of the AC for 10 min and having it set up already really is nice... plus a ice cold Tito's and lemonade or jack honey ice cold!!!!

Tucker is the one with the toys and view though...

Hardware store hidden treasures.

P7210468.JPG

Was wandering through the local small town hardware store looking for same packing tape. Went down a aisle that dead ended, and as I turned around these were spotted hidden on a low shelf among some other items. Each box was open with a hand written sale price. After a quick examination they, along with two rolls of tape, made it to the cash register. One of the owners said they'd had them for years. When asked if they had any more Starrett items he said no.

Just finished testing with check gages and a machinist square. Dead nuts on. Retail as marked, $199. My cost, $80. Not bad says I.

Some day when the kids clean out my junk, they are going to shake their heads. Does anybody really need that many micrometers?

Last edited:
Hardware store hidden treasures.

View attachment 7116086

Was wandering through the local small town hardware store looking for same packing tape. Went down a aisle that dead ended, and as I turned around these were spotted hidden on a low shelf among some other items. Each box was open with a hand written sale price. After a quick examination they, along with two rolls pf tape, made it to the ash register. One of the owners said they'd had them for years. When asked if they had any more Starrett items he said no.

Just finished testing with check gages and a machinist square. Dead nuts on. Retail as marked, $199. My cost, $80. Not bad says I.

Some day when the kids clean out my junk, they are going to shake their heads. Does anybody really need that many micrometers?
Nice find!

Reactions: TACC and 1J04
I had to have the lid for my tool cart at work warrentied. Asked the dealer what to do with the old lid. He said toss it, so I took it home and add it to the reloading bench.
Didn’t use the whole lid, just peeled the stainless off the top.
E4B35576-00CE-4EAD-AE01-CC98A366FA01.jpeg

I give ya 25 bucks and a moon pie for the top left one.

What a coincidence! I was going to make the same offer for the bottom left!

You guys almost had me with the moon pie. Vanilla, right?

Thanks for the generous offers, but I think I'll hang onto them for show and tell, and in the future walk through these small stores a little slower.

Reactions: Barneybdb
T’s Technical Institute was in session this morning, “Brakes and Bearings 101”. Ty’s POS ol’ Dodge truck was in need of brakes. He helped/observed with the left front, and did the majority of the right on his own under my watchful eye. I’m probably not the best instructor but I try.
By far the oldest vehicle in our fleet, it was also a lesson for him in rust, corrosion, etc...filthy, dirty SOB.
AA50E602-99F5-4B61-B8EB-89DB348D4494.jpeg
1C0E6301-D319-4E1B-9C8D-E99EF8A5853E.jpeg
4CFE7D95-DE11-4E03-9D43-CBC9985E771C.jpeg
7C9CD440-299D-486E-98ED-49CD4C78FF8A.jpeg

Get that boy a proper bearing packer! ?

It’s better they learn on the rusty hard ones. That way the shiny new ones are a walk in the park. 9 times out of 10, I have to replace the calipers too on these rust belt trucks.

Get that boy a proper bearing packer! ?

It’s better they learn on the rusty hard ones. That way the shiny new ones are a walk in the park. 9 times out of 10, I have to replace the calipers too on these rust belt trucks.
I told him they make a tool that’ll pack the bearing for ya’ but I don’t have one ?

I told him they make a tool that’ll pack the bearing for ya’ but I don’t have one ?

I bet you do and it's conveniently packed away. :)

I teach during the hottest part of the day so they will have some appreciation for folks that do hard shit for a living.
I hate any work during that time but I get a kick out of watching the kids suffer...
I'm old and broken down, they are just indoor A/C soft.

I teach during the hottest part of the day so they will have some appreciation for folks that do hard shit for a living.
I hate any work during that time but I get a kick out of watching the kids suffer...

I had a 16 year old kid come help me shovel out 15y of stone and spread and seed 12y of topsoil with shovels and wheelbarrows on Saturday when the heat index was 103F. I asked his Dad before we left if I should break him or bring him home tired.?

I had a 16 year old kid come help me shovel out 15y of stone and spread and seed 12y of topsoil with shovels and wheelbarrows on Saturday when the heat index was 103F. I asked his Dad before we left if I should break him or bring him home tired.?

I say put them on the razors edge and see what they are made of.
I got a 13yr old outside at the courts playing basketball.
It's nice today.

Screenshot_20190723-130507_Weather.jpg

His 15yr old (Marine wannabe) brother is watching Caddyshack.

20190723_130520.jpg

I took both boys scalloping on Friday.
We left the house at 0630 and drove for two hours.
Returned home by 1630 and both boys had a total of at least three hours of sleep in the truck.

Both were in bed before 9pm.
Lightweights...

On a serious note. Gonna be a helluva Berry Season. That's a win, win. Berry food for us, and Berry food for da Bears. Buddy just got his back the other day from last year. It's a "Cheesy Set Up", but it's a Pole Building we call "Elk Camp" and 3 of us share it. We hang stuff in there we ain't got room to hang at home. :p

7 Footer. That ain't a bad Bear for up here. Buddy needs to get the skull scored. Got no doubt it'll make the Book. 448 yrds I believe, he said he held for 450 with his 300WM with the 210gr Bergers I loaded up for him. We had a great load for his Thompson, but it ended up with some issues, so he picked up a bit older R700 Sendero. Damn thing shoots pretty good so far. Anyhow, he thumped it.

I'm the Banana for reference. No smart ass comments! ?

20190722_205144.jpg
20190722_205113.jpg
20190722_205003.jpg
20190722_204044.jpg
20190721_164843.jpg
20190721_171115.jpg

On a serious note. Gonna be a helluva Berry Season. That's a win, win. Berry food for us, and Berry food for da Bears. Buddy just got his back the other day from last year. It's a "Cheesy Set Up", but it's a Pole Building we call "Elk Camp" and 3 of us share it. We hang stuff in there we ain't got room to hang at home. :p

7 Footer. That ain't a bad Bear for up here. Buddy needs to get the skull scored. Got no doubt it'll make the Book. 448 yrds I believe, he said he held for 450 with his 300WM with the 210gr Bergers I loaded up for him. We had a great load for his Thompson, but it ended up with some issues, so he picked up a bit older R700 Sendero. Damn thing shoots pretty good so far. Anyhow, he thumped it.

I'm the Banana for reference. No smart ass comments! ?

View attachment 7117473View attachment 7117474View attachment 7117475View attachment 7117476View attachment 7117477View attachment 7117478

Are you twerking? ?