• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

@pmclaine

Did you miss the thread saying the ‘06 was outdated and useless?

Send that over. Im old fashioned and my Sako will like it’s outdated style just fine.
Loves Hornady 178 ELDX too.

Reactions: pmclaine
Took buzz to get a snowboard for the season and left cash to hunt with grandma again. I think he’s getting the hang of it? This is the text I get from him
904095CB-AA60-4D0C-9424-6FBE41FA815B.jpeg

Just perusing the news while enjoying a little nip of local Breckenridge bourbon.

Came across this.

Seems a tad ironic.

As an old dad, am I just grumpy about the seeming lack of thought of activities onE engages in for pleasure when a parent?
I get dangerous career work. All kinds of it.

Anyways.

Reactions: TACC
Just perusing the news while enjoying a little nip of local Breckenridge bourbon.

Came across this.

Seems a tad ironic.

As an old dad, am I just grumpy about the seeming lack of thought of activities onE engages in for pleasure when a parent?

Anyways.
I enjoyed risky pursuits BC, like rock climbing mountaineering, etc. As soon as I learned the Mrs. was pregnant, my risk level dropped significantly.

Came across this.

Seems a tad ironic.

Anyways.
"Recently purchased ice axe and crampons and participated in mountaineering courses"...

R

• Sad
Reactions: powdahound76
@tnichols - she might. I dont even live there and that makes me miss IA sunsets.

I lived a pretty risk filled life before kids.

Ice climbing, rock climbing, skiing 14ers, back country skiing (always made conservative safety decisions), and class V kayaking. Oh yeah, rafting off waterfalls too.......

Changed drastically once “dad” became my title.
Which was the minute there were 4 side by side positive tests in the bathroom one morning.....

Reactions: 12Bravo
Here's to you, Super Plumber from 2004! ?

Here's to installing a water heater in a crawl space and then boxing it in with interconnecting drain lines, so it won't escape!

Here's to the time tested and proven concept that NOBODY... EVER... has to replace a water heater, because they last forever and ever!

Here's to cramped spaces, pipe wrenches, angle grinders with diamond impregnated cutting wheels, extension cords, Sawzalls, the joys of fiberglass insulation, hammers, screwdrivers, safety glasses, face masks, gloves, and words that Baby Jesus doesn't like for us to say or to even think!

It was a fun morning!
So thanks, Super Plumber from 2004!
I hope you've prospered and done well in whatever vocation you transitioned to after plumbing. ?

IMG_20191110_110006.jpg

Here's to installing a water heater in a crawl space and then boxing it in with interconnecting drain lines, so it won't escape!

Here's to the time tested and proven concept that NOBODY... EVER... has to replace a water heater, because they last forever and ever!

Here's to cramped spaces, pipe wrenches, angle grinders with diamond impregnated cutting wheels, extension cords, Sawzalls, the joys of fiberglass insulation, hammers, screwdrivers, safety glasses, face masks, gloves, and words that Baby Jesus doesn't like for us to say or to even think!

It was a fun morning!
I hope you've prospered and done well in whatever vocation you transitioned to after plumbing. ?

View attachment 7180726
Can’t click like for a job like that ???

• Angry
Reactions: Major Wader
They must have set the water heaters and then installed the drain lines.
We went tankless some 18 months ago, but this thing has been just sitting there in its little drain line prison for all that time.
It wasn't bothering anything other my OCD and the notion that it's doing nothing but taking up space. We're getting the crawlspace encapsulated soon, so it was time for it to go.

And this thing is awesome!
Cut through the jacket like butter and the tank wasn't much more effort.

I despise working in crawl spaces!! Basements are way nicer?

My little project for the mid day; we have this old school bell. I blasted and painted it last spring. Finally got around to getting it up on the deck. We’ll stain the post in the spring. Had to mull of some protruding pieces in the one side for a slip fit in a 4x4 post.
98918969-F019-455F-88F9-8CFD816D33C9.jpeg
E37679A5-E65C-4390-887D-0255E5DC55E6.jpeg

@Tucker301

Only laughing as I have had so many projects in my life taking care of someone who had to be drunk or high when they did it.

A hard days work and some extra disgust for sure.
I always like the names I come up with for busted things I am fixing. Whore is usually involved a few times.

@Geno C.
That bell is awesome. My mom had a little one to call us home. And we knew just how far we could go to play and still hear it.....

Saw this and was worried for you. Hope you are not suffering.......

@Tucker301

Only laughing as I have had so many projects in my life taking care of someone who had to be drunk or high when they did it.

I always like the names I come up with for busted things I am fixing. Whore is usually involved a few times.

@Geno C.
That bell is awesome. My mom had a little one to call us home. And we knew just how far we could go to play and still hear it.....

We had a bell very similar and I believe it’s still there. Mom would ring it for chow time if we were late getting in.

Got a couple of bells/cradles I need to do something with one of these days. Curious why you didn't just face mount the cradle? My cradles are flat on one side and built up like yours on other. Always assumed so they could be bolted directly to post/etc.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Got a couple of bells/cradles I need to do something with one of these days. Curious why you didn't just face mount the cradle? My cradles are flat on one side and built up like yours on other. Always assumed so they could be bolted directly to post/etc.
@oneshot86 is looking for a bell...

I didn’t face mount it because the holes were just a little wide for a 4x4. I could have made a bracket for the opposite side and clamped it to the post but Jamie said it would look better in the middle of the post.

@Tucker301

@Geno C.

I thought you knew me a little better than that... shortage? Not in my house!
5A3822E9-2A84-42B5-9568-8CEB7E595864.jpeg

It was a fun morning!

View attachment 7180726

Hey...he knew "HE" wasn't gonna be replacing that bitch....and as he installed it, he was thinking that very thing.
We only make shit easy to replace and work on in our houses.

In reality....
That was probably where the inspector or builder or engineer, wanted him to put the water heater.

I can't fathom what moron wants a water heAter in a crawlspace, or an attic.....fricken insane.

@Dirty D - Did ya get a pic? ??

Or was that just lookin in the mirror? ?

Hope you were all safe and had fun.

Looks like an awesome ride. Rode a lot of great single track and empty logging roads before kids. Several great rides direct from my house. Had a scandium and carbon Salsa hardtail all out in SRAM, Chris King, and more gucci stuff than I can remember. Bought it a year old for $1700 off a doc I knew who “had to have this years”........ Weighed 20.5 lbs with tubeless and rolled out like nobody’s business.

Harder to find the time with the kids at this age.
Plus time with them helps shape them into solid folks vs SJW snowflakes that seems so prevalent.

Your "office window" view is certainly better than mine these days. I now have a windowless office. If I don't get outside at lunchtime, I don't see the sun this time of the year until the weekend. :(

• Haha
Reactions: Bender