• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

ahhhh.....the mud. I haven’t been to Gillette/methane patch since 2000. But, it was “fun”. I did do a short spell in Grand Prairie, Alberta in the late 90’s, tweaking up a vfd/motor drive. -40C. Barrel of fun..... :rolleyes:

My office of late. I have new minions, which means I have to stay in their office....hold their hand, show them the ropes, train them in the ways of the farts..er farce....er... force!
IMG_20191110_205437984.jpg

Last edited:
Wanna know what the one hundred, fifty thousandth and one smells like ? :eek:

Trust me...I've smelled them all.
I remember when wastewater was just stinky.
Then these fucking micro breweries start pouring in, we become the biggest microbrew city in the country, trouncing even Oregon.
All of a sudden we have odor complaints out the wazoo, and a string of reporters asking questions that are never answered correctly.
"Because you hippys love designer beer, and shit tons of it, that's why there is a cloud of stink you can cut with a knife, hovering over major corridors."

Then these fucking micro breweries start pouring in, we become the biggest microbrew city in the country, trouncing even Oregon.
All of a sudden we have odor complaints out the wazoo, and a string of reporters asking questions that are never answered correctly.
"Because you hippys love designer beer, and shit tons of it, that's why there is a cloud of stink you can cut with a knife, hovering over major corridors."
That......and cabbage.
Lots.
Of.
Cabbage.

:ROFLMAO:

oh......and ever worked on the white liquor end of a paper/pulp mill ? Fucking gag-o-matic. :eek:

I’ve smelled this one well with lots of NGL, too lite for crude, too wet and heavy for natural gas, anyway, popped the hatch and it smelled like 100 dead and rotting deer. I literally gagged and almost honked all over my steel toed boots.. it was like roadkill covered in maggots on 105° day. I never new oil could smell like that!

My kinda story sharin time!!

Gaseous gangrene. First hospital patient in clinical, 2nd week of freshmen year of college.
One of the worst.
Teacher had it out for me. Wasnt a fan of the non-conformist. Did enjoy telling her off 4 yrs later graduating with honors.....
Different and on par with severely burned human flesh or a corpse in a hot apartment in July for a month. All puked but me and another guy. Even the ME.

Empyemas (abscess in chest cavity between chest wall and lung) are really bad too. Once was helping put a tube on a chest to drain one and the dr puked in his mask a little! ??

Though those are rare occurrences. Cant imagine a job where that stink was every day.

My kinda story sharin time!!

Gaseous gangrene. First hospital patient in clinical, 2nd week of freshmen year of college.
One of the worst.
Teacher had it out for me. Wasnt a fan of the non-conformist. Did enjoy telling her off 4 yrs later graduating with honors.....
Different and on par with severely burned human flesh or a corpse in a hot apartment in July for a month. All puked but me and another guy. Even the ME.

Empyemas (abscess in chest cavity between chest wall and lung) are really bad too. Once was helping put a tube on a chest to drain one and the dr puked in his mask a little! ??

Though those are rare occurrences. Cant imagine a job where that stink was every day.
It’s not every day. Only this one well. The rest smell like oil and gas. But I’ll never pop that hatch again!

It’s always fun when you park in the south forty of the pulp mill parking lot, so, no fumes/odor/do-stank, right ?

nooooo........that shit gets in your clothes and transfers to your upholstery while you’re driving home. Just the grossest, most disgusting fucking rancid smell you can imagine. Except, for chicken skin, guts and feathers.

Another story, another time. Just closed out the tab at PDX and have to go retrieve a Cherman colleague for our visit to Daimler Truck tomorrow...

Last edited:
It’s always fun when you park in the south forty of the pulp mill parking lot, so, no funes/do-stank, right ?

nooooo........that shit gets in your clothes and transfers to your upholstery while you’re driving home. Just the grossest, most disgusting fucking rancid smell you can imagine. Except, for chicken skin, guts and feathers.

Another story, another time. Just closed out the tab at PDX and have to go retrieve a Cherman colleague for our visit to Daimler Truck tomorrow...
I hated hauling poultry products! Cows and pigs? To me that smells like money. Birds? Fuck that!

I hated hauling poultry products! Cows and pigs? To me that smells like money. Birds? Fuck that!
One of the worst stinks i remember is from a natural rubber processing site in Indonesia. About 100F, 90+% humidity conditions with an bouquet consisting of pig shit, ammonia, rotting flesh, and limburger cheese. That stink permeates your pores and doesn't leave for days. :sick: I got some really nasty looks on the flight back to the US.

All day looking every place inside, out side , in the truck. Wedding ring missing. Turned furniture over searched through trash.

20191110_150115.jpg

Inside bed sheets, damn.

All day looking every place inside, out side , in the truck. Wedding ring missing. Turned furniture over searched through trash.

View attachment 7181083

Inside bed sheets, damn.

Who's bed sheets ? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

(probably not the response you were hoping for, I 'spose.......).

At least you found yours. The (recent) burglars got mine.......:rolleyes:

Hopefully my view improves in the next few days, been replacing the kitchen and all the floor coverings....

IMG20191109234649.jpg
IMG20191109234658.jpg
IMG20191109234813.jpg

What has improved though is my view of the electricity bill since replacing my solar system, in 27 days it has produced over 1 MWh, some of which I used and the rest sold back to the grid to effectively wipe out my bill

No pics.

Had a little freezing rain covered by tiny snow flakes that packed into great ice this AM. Every surface of the truck was covered with ice. Had front window covered thank goodness....

Not a hockey rink and darn slick.

Got a call from EMS transporting a patient in that they were making 17mph on the interstate with lights and sirens....

I drove in at 0540 so turned off traction control and enjoyed the drive.

Between a peaceful Bible reading in my leather chair at home, hot black coffee, and that, its shaping up to be a darn good Monday!!

Here's to you, Super Plumber from 2004! ?

Here's to installing a water heater in a crawl space and then boxing it in with interconnecting drain lines, so it won't escape!

Here's to the time tested and proven concept that NOBODY... EVER... has to replace a water heater, because they last forever and ever!

Here's to cramped spaces, pipe wrenches, angle grinders with diamond impregnated cutting wheels, extension cords, Sawzalls, the joys of fiberglass insulation, hammers, screwdrivers, safety glasses, face masks, gloves, and words that Baby Jesus doesn't like for us to say or to even think!

It was a fun morning!
So thanks, Super Plumber from 2004!
I hope you've prospered and done well in whatever vocation you transitioned to after plumbing. ?

View attachment 7180726

good clean job tho stud