• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Looks like you're getting ready to make some Skeeters

Haha, behind that is a 40,000 gallon derelict swimming pool and a derelict Koi pond that my tenants left me to deal with. A wheelbarrow of water ain't even a thimble's worth of my mosquito breeding potential

Our Human Honey Badger Buddy is out on delivery right now. Damn I really like those bags.

8FLSQf8.jpg

Our Human Honey Badger Buddy is out on delivery right now. Damn I really like those bags.

8FLSQf8.jpg

Man, that system is badass, but it's not a fraction of how cool his whole operation is. That dude and his lady have a setup most of us would kill for. I wasn't kidding about just wanting to live in the nursery. It's a piece of heaven.

Man, that system is badass, but it's not a fraction of how cool his whole operation is. That dude and his lady have a setup most of us would kill for. I wasn't kidding about just wanting to live in the nursery. It's a piece of heaven.

I'll bet. The pics don't do it justice I'm sure. That guy is seriously something else. His Woman HAS to be as well. Hella good people man.

If I'm not mistaken, he makes a good living selling firewood in FLORIDA, correct? That right there impresses the hell out of me.

If I'm not mistaken, he makes a good living selling firewood in FLORIDA, correct? That right there impresses the hell out of me.

IIRC, the firewood business was an accident. He kept a mountain of wood for his personal pyromania habit and people started pulling in wanting to buy some so he started selling it. Now his firewood sales probably nearly support his Natty Lite consumption. The man is an animal.

Last edited:
Finally. The heat has been turned down and it's back to being livable around here. Actually got just a smattering of precipitation which is ALWAYS welcome around this dry and desolate savanna. :rolleyes:

mjPzuDm.jpg

And go figure. The Salmon are being slayed now. The Kill Light is ON !!!

thanks for the compliments, i have a very hard working lady, really...
their is no way we could do this without the two of us...
and shes hot as hell, meow meow

Yes she is, on both counts. Next time our three ladies can hang out and talk about how they hooked up with us out of pity.

Im so far out of my league I feel like a monkey riding a thoroughbred.

Your new(er) website looks nice too. If you run short on wood, you know who to call ;).

Your new(er) website looks nice too. If you run short on wood, you know who to call ;).

Indeed, we've talked about my next visit being when he has a big project going so I can get my hands dirty. Sitting around that beautiful nursery and not working on something was unsettling.

The rains are here. Let the healing begin.

Most free time this past weeks has been spent getting the place ready for the rains that have finally left Texas.
Aerated, dethatched, limed, seeded, fertilized the lawn. Cleaned up around the edges.
I will enjoy this night and tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, boys and others.

vsWDnRn.jpg

Most free time this past weeks has been spent getting the place ready for the rains that have finally left Texas.
Aerated, dethatched, limed, seeded, fertilized the lawn. Cleaned up around the edges.

vsWDnRn.jpg

And then "HE" rested. lmao. Nice job Tucker. That's a lot of work AND a necessary evil. You're one helluva yard tard fo sho. We're back to Hot n Dusty out here again and looking forward to at least some damn cloud cover. The bright orb hurts us tender bastids.

vsWDnRn.jpg

And what is it that you are watering yourself with there?

G]

Slacker... :-D

Tucker301 , I wish we could've sent you some of our August rain. I haven't seen the total for the month but it had to be ridiculous.

I just had had one of those "situational learning/memory" things happen: I cracked open a Cigar City Jai Alai IPA in front of a fire and regained another memory from the night with The Mikes

IMG_0531.JPG

oneshot86 and Mike Casselton , didn't I electrocute the piss out of myself? I remember sparks shooting off of me, electrical burns, and maniacal laughter from across the yard

Tucker301 , I wish we could've sent you some of our August rain. I haven't seen the total for the month but it had to be ridiculous.

I just had had one of those "situational learning/memory" things happen: I cracked open a Cigar City Jai Alai IPA in front of a fire and regained another memory from the night with The Mikes

oneshot86 and Mike Casselton , didn't I electrocute the piss out of myself? I remember sparks shooting off of me, electrical burns, and maniacal laughter from across the yard

Ok dumbasses. Video starts recording as soon as 2 out of the 3 of you are within 2 miles of each other. Going to get rich off the youtube channel.

vsWDnRn.jpg

The place looks great Tucker! You certainly put a lot of time and effort in to it.

I had some nice pics from mowing today but remembered that Tucker is grading now. One of the Black Walnut trees in the yard has a very low hanging branch as it's heavy with fruit right now, and knew I'd get docked points for that :). And another has the barn in the background that I spotted a wasp nest up in the corner of the overhead door that needs removed. No way I'm posting till I clean this place up. I concede.

Ok dumbasses. Video starts recording as soon as 2 out of the 3 of you are within 2 miles of each other. Going to get rich off the youtube channel.

What's messed up is that I thought I'd gotten away with it, but from about 150ft away oneshot86 had a clear line of sight and saw the blue sparks and heard the profanity, so there was no hiding it. :confused:

Delayed Jeopardy. I love this. :p

Bro, I'm truly still regaining memories of that epic night. I'm really concerned about what I haven't remembered yet. We were all just different enough in personality and temperament that anything was possible (or likely)

Bro, I'm truly still regaining memories of that epic night. I'm really concerned about what I haven't remembered yet. We were all just different enough in personality and temperament that anything was possible (or likely)

I'm starting to feel dirty.

I had some nice pics from mowing today but remembered that Tucker is grading now. One of the Black Walnut trees in the yard has a very low hanging branch as it's heavy with fruit right now, and knew I'd get docked points for that :). And another has the barn in the background that I spotted a wasp nest up in the corner of the overhead door that needs removed. No way I'm posting till I clean this place up. I concede.

The important thing here is that you recognize the issues and don't try to gloss over them the way some yankees do. You clearly have the gift. The vision. ;)

I've got to say I'm completely disappointed.
Pissing on something electrical and getting blue sparks... Probably a jolt to the Jimmy with it.
Where the hell was I when that happened?

I've got to say I'm completely disappointed.
Pissing on something electrical and getting blue sparks... Probably a jolt to the Jimmy with it.
Where the hell was I when that happened?

The story goes you were right there. Maybe not helping him aim, But close enough to have been a witness.

Last night. It all starts out nice n friendly until the Tequila Shots start showing up and kicking in. Thank god Mom is patient with us........... :p

jDsvUzd.jpg

jtFlzmy.jpg

^^^ Those look like a couple of badguys from a grade-B Bollywood knock-off of a Bruce Lee Movie. Shot in Haji-vision.

They're not propane salesmen, are they?

Cheers,

Sirhr

They're fricking nutz. Both of them. And no, they're just Students, working a couple jobs each to pay their way, and gym rats. And I'm proud as hell of them. ;)

The Baby of the Family. They were both Hay Bale flinging machines. They still toss some from time to time when they can.

ERp9rZz.jpg

Last edited:
Well you better be nice to them. When you get old (next month) they will be the ones taking care of you.

1J04 , that's a great family you've got there. I know you're justifiably proud.

Here's a few from about an hour ago, out drowning worms on Rattlesnake Bayou:

IMG_1842.JPG
IMG_1844.JPG

Elevated causeways over swamp... that brings me back to another place and time, and not too far from where you are now. Fond memories

Elevated causeways over swamp... that brings me back to another place and time, and not too far from where you are now. Fond memories

Indeed my friend. Most people would avoid fishing under a bridge if given a choice, but growing up without a boat and a dad who still loved fishing he'd take me out to LaPlace and we'd fish in those pullouts under I55 between Lakes Pontchartrain and Maurepas. If we had a few dollars to spare he'd take me to lunch at Middendorfs.

A lot of great memories of a time time when my old man and I were still close.

Well you better be nice to them. When you get old (next month) they will be the ones taking care of you.

Very close family. Always have been. They speak often of plans for Mom n Dad down the road. They are incredible people.

Proud as all get out Bogey and thank you. I'm very lucky and know it.
Those are beautiful photos and looks likw a great time. Brings memories, past and recent past to mind.
I have a couple boats and still love bank fishing. It's just fun.;)

Indeed my friend. Most people would avoid fishing under a bridge if given a choice, but growing up without a boat and a dad who still loved fishing he'd take me out to LaPlace and we'd fish in those pullouts under I55 between Lakes Pontchartrain and Maurepas. If we had a few dollars to spare he'd take me to lunch at Middendorfs.

A lot of great memories of a time time when my old man and I were still close.

Oh man, oh man. The high speed runs we made to Middendorfs! Whew, that was a lifetime ago. I had a '69 GTO with a 400hp 400 that could take a friends 911 Turbo until about 100, then it was lights out with that fucking German car. At about 110 the Goat started floating and I had to just keep the center of the hood on the centerline of those two lanes, which seemed incredibly narrow at that speed, up to about 135. Then he was just gone.

If you can imagine this, below is the first centerfire I had of my own. A few years short of being allowed to drive we were parked in front of Puglias. Too young to buy ammo we sat and waited for two older guys to approach and we walked up to them, cash in hand, saying something like "hey, we are not old enough..." they laughed and said they would not be buying any alcohol. We quickly set the record straight and we only wanted a few boxes of 303. They paused, then laughed even harder. Then they bought us ammo. And if you can imagine this happening today... on a Redline BMX bike with this rifle slung, headed own Carrolton, hanging a left on S Claiborne, then making our way over to Airline, and all the way to Bonnet Carre spillway. And there we would unleash the fury.

I have since refinished the rifle, which I halfway regret, but only halfway. So this is part of my view right now. As much as I'm looking at this rifle I'm looking at some kids riding to a great adventure, almost 40 years ago.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/SmwRLlY.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/EhQL3y1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Awesome view, I'm smack in the middle of the Sonoran desert now but have spent a lot of time DEEP in the Atchafalaya Basin.

They're fricking nutz. Both of them. And no, they're just Students, working a couple jobs each to pay their way, and gym rats. And I'm proud as hell of them. ;)

The Baby of the Family. They were both Hay Bale flinging machines. They still toss some from time to time when they can.

ERp9rZz.jpg

Fricken stud horse right there. If he can toss bales all afternoon, those aren't just "show" muscles either. Fine lookin' young men.

Oh man, oh man. The high speed runs we made to Middendorfs! Whew, that was a lifetime ago. I had a '69 GTO with a 400hp 400 that could take a friends 911 Turbo until about 100, then it was lights out with that fucking German car. At about 110 the Goat started floating and I had to just keep the center of the hood on the centerline of those two lanes, which seemed incredibly narrow at that speed, up to about 135. Then he was just gone.

If you can imagine this, below is the first centerfire I had of my own. A few years short of being allowed to drive we were parked in front of Puglias. Too young to buy ammo we sat and waited for two older guys to approach and we walked up to them, cash in hand, saying something like "hey, we are not old enough..." they laughed and said they would not be buying any alcohol. We quickly set the record straight and we only wanted a few boxes of 303. They paused, then laughed even harder. Then they bought us ammo. And if you can imagine this happening today... on a Redline BMX bike with this rifle slung, headed own Carrolton, hanging a left on S Claiborne, then making our way over to Airline, and all the way to Bonnet Carre spillway. And there we would unleash the fury.

I have since refinished the rifle, which I halfway regret, but only halfway. So this is part of my view right now. As much as I'm looking at this rifle I'm looking at some kids riding to a great adventure, almost 40 years ago.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/SmwRLlY.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/EhQL3y1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

What?
This post is incomplete without pics of that Redline.
Out of all the BMX bikes I owned as a teenager, the Redline was my favorite.
That was a pure 1979 era racing machine.

Fricken stud horse right there. If he can toss bales all afternoon, those aren't just "show" muscles either. Fine lookin' young men.

Thank you Mr Nichols. You've gotta damn fine looking family yourself. Really enjoy the family time pics you put up. Great adventures. And ya, they're working boys first. It's how it all started for them busting ass doing what many of their peers wouldn't. Part of what makes us so proud.