• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

me and bogie just commed on the electric issue, it happened, i had a few chewed up cords in the back room and he grabbed them to use, for the fan???
anywho, we seent turquoise...

1j, you stud, look at your offspring, studs and smiling, awesome shit

your place is looking great Tucker, good on you getting ready for the rains

T, heavy fruit branches give you added bonus points for your slum, lol...

I'm trying to figure out how to get some dove hunting pics that don't show how un-kept my place is.

Today was a day we've been trying to put together for a while now.

As some of you know the neighbors have two sets of twins.
Riley and Caroline both have Cerebral Palsy, with Caroline being the most affected.

The younger set of twins are healthy, energetic little tornadoes, who love their siblings dearly.

There's never a dull moment on the other side of the road, with a full blown circus of a household, organic farming, escaping goats, milking the cow, raising their own poultry, and so on. It's dizzying and I get tired just watching them.

Riley has been through numerous surgeries and countless hours of PT to get to where he is today, which is still spending most of his time in a powered wheelchair, but his motor skills and strength are not bad.

So today was Riley's day to come over to the house and some shootin' and ridin'!

I cleared out my cars from the garage so Craig could back the van in one side and unload Riley's wheelchair and the other side was setup for his improvised shooting bench.

We didn't know what to expect, as he's never shot a gun before.

We soon abandoned the concept of shooting for score and just turned him loose to shoot for fun, which he did with great vigor and enthusiasm!
HE LOVED IT!
I'd get him lined up as best as I could and he'd squeeze off the rounds with a big old grin on his face!
He hit paper a few times and even managed to score an X on the bull!

When the shooting as done, I took him on a tour of the woods trails on the ATV and we stopped by the pond to feed the fish.
He wanted to stay and help me mow some grass, but Craig had to get back home to take care of some other things before starting his shift as a state trooper.

We'll do it again soon, buddy! I've got lots of ammo to blow through.

As far as I can tell, his target beats every target posted by Maggot, Veer, and Maser. Gauntlet thrown down!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/jsiZgLh.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/O1NmYF9.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/VPosHFr.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/oYmQM7c.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Riley and Caroline
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/mFI8bAB.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Riley loves machinery and anything mechanical. They had a mini excavator over there digging some stumps the other day, so he had to take a turn.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/GA2VV9q.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Good on you for taking the time to spend with him. I can't imagine the work it would be on a daily basis with those two.

Outstanding update!! The smile say's it all. You gotta feel pretty good about that yourself. I'm certain Mom and Dad are proud and thankful for your generosity. Nice job Tucker!

Today was a day we've been trying to put together for a while now.

As far as I can tell, his target beats every target posted by Maggot, Veer, and Maser. Gauntlet thrown down!

At the risk of sounding vexed, I feel no great need to document every aspect of my life to your satisfaction. My picture posts from the range are rare enough to be almost non-existent, but I won't be cavalierly lumped in with the likes of Maggot and Maser.

Built by LPR Gunsmithing, North Swanzey, NH: http://www.lprgunsmith.com/index.asp

- Six-digit R700 LA receiver, trued and parkerized, original trigger worked to 2 lbs.
- Bushnell Gen 1 Elite Tactical DMR-G2 3.5-21 from SH Group Buy (back in the Stone Age)
- Seekins Aluminum "High" 6-4 34mm rings
- Badger Tactical 20 MOA rail
- Douglas XX "Air-Gage" 8mm Mauser (7.92x57) 1:10 CM barrel, 25" from back of recoil lug to threads, 1.88 breech, 4.5" taper to .900
- YHM QD FH .338 3702-20A 5/8"-24
- Manners T5 R700 LA mini-chassis stock, M24 channel
- KRG Bolt Lift
- Accurate Mag .30-06 (3.715") 5 rds. magazine, unmodified
- Harris 6-9" "S" bipod
- KMW Pod-Loc
- Triad Tactical Modular Stock Pack in Basic Black (but, of course ...)
- "I Survived Scout" Morale Patch (for the discerning, experienced, tactical marksman/connoisseur with taste :rolleyes: )
- OAL, pre FH, is 46.5"

Yet to come: ACD/ACI combination ...

Weight, as pictured, is somewhere south of a just-born heifer, I imagine. I'll provide more accurate info when I get a chance to sneak up on a grain scale with it.

ETA: 15.6 lbs. YIKES!

Range report, such as it is, is in The Bear Pit.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/nMF0T9q.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
LOLz

desitin-baby-skin.jpg

Tucker301 , god bless your magnanimous soul. What a wonderful day that had to have been sharing with neighbors and making memories for a special young man. Good on ya my brother!

Tucker301, You have certainly done a good thing, and what a smile is on his face. He will never forget this first shooting experience.

Cutie and a Killer.
Image Edited.jpg

I used a 28ga. It was choked Imp / Mod. I should have choked it Mod / Full. Still managed to slay some birds.
image2.JPG

One of my daughter's birds. I gave her choice of shotguns and she picked a 391 in 12ga. Good choice.
image3.JPG

Son's bird-picker-uper. She hung out with me while he walked to try to stir up some feeding birds. She was not happy about being left out on the walk.
image4.JPG

Son's bird-picker-uper. She hung out with me while he walked to try to stir up some feeding birds. She was not happy about being left out on the walk.

With the corn all harvested, I suppose she had to resort to retrieving birds?

Pretty much. She hard mouthed the birds about like she did the corn.

Hey Veer, you should hit that kid up for some pointers on how to hit the middle of the target.

First group on paper from a virgin barrel and a 'scope that wasn't yet zeroed.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/crMIsT8.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Is it soup yet?

The pic again doesn't do it justice. The amount of smoke and ash in the area from all the fires is getting old. At least we're not burning up locally. The Moon has been looking just like the Sun, bright orange.

Je0yyGy.jpg

2ndAmendFan sent me a pic of around his place. Same thing. Inundated with smoke. Fires n Flooding. What next, NKOR? :rolleyes:

The pic again doesn't do it justice. The amount of smoke and ash in the area from all the fires is getting old. At least we're not burning up locally. The Moon has been looking just like the Sun, bright orange.

Je0yyGy.jpg

2ndAmendFan sent me a pic of around his place. Same thing. Inundated with smoke. Fires n Flooding. What next, NKOR? :rolleyes:

We've had a few days here like that recently. On Labor Day, the upper level winds brought it in. Sky has a weird color to it and I would describe the sun as being very "filtered".

there are mountains in there that are 10,000 ft tall, base camp (home) is at about 4700

v1yOFRl.jpg

The wife has been out of town for a few days and I've taken the time to do a little extra dry firing for 3G. So it is only natural that things would migrate from the man cave to the kitchen counter. Makes it easier to access the fridge in between drills, it's closer to my home office so I can get work done while working on sling arrangement, etc. Then the new Seekins rings came yesterday so I had to make some work room for that. This is what a berakfast counter should look like. By the time she gets back there will be no evidence of the bachelor style granite...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/pAtxX2D.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
No mags / no ammo anywhere to be seen. That's the proper way to do dry fire.

Are those VG glasses a little tight or do I just have a tatorhead?

No mags / no ammo anywhere to be seen. That's the proper way to do dry fire.

Are those VG glasses a little tight or do I just have a tatorhead?

Yeah, those safety glasses are tight, but I have an over-sized melon. I use Oakley SI's when shooting

Last edited:
This Thompson Center Compass sub $200 bolt gun after rebate has me scratching my head. 175 gr gold medal match today. That's 3

Attachments

• photo70924.jpg
    photo70924.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 18
This Thompson Center Compass sub $200 bolt gun after rebate has me scratching my head. 175 gr gold medal match today. That's 3

Crazy ain't it? You're the first person I know that's got one. I've never even checked out a review to be honest. Throw five at it next time and get back if ya would please. I'm pretty certain from your post it .308, but curious what scope and bases/rings if ya don't mind.

Crazy ain't it? You're the first person I know that's got one. I've never even checked out a review to be honest. Throw five at it next time and get back if ya would please. I'm pretty certain from your post it .308, but curious what scope and bases/rings if ya don't mind.

sorry 308 . It wears a Vortex Crossfire ll 6-18 off a .22 and Warne vertical split rings from a old muzzleloader with factory bases.

I had a bolt shear off on a TC muzzle loader. Called TC (pre S&W) and they sent a replacement at no cost. I told them thanks and that if they ever made a bolt action centerfire, I'd buy one. Years later, TC Venture came out, so I got one in 270win. It shoots / handles great and I've always loved a 270. It was recalled due to a potential sear issue, but that was an easy / quick process through S&W. I'd by another TC in a heartbeat.

I've been frustrated as hell at having to use a shitty Chinese steel axe, so have been hunting flea markets for an old American one to restore. My lady hit pay dirt yesterday and brought this home for me:
IMG_1865.JPG
I drilled out the old handle and soaked the head in vinegar to loosen up the rust:

IMG_1868.JPG
Scrubbed the rust off with steel wool, fitted a new handle and did an initial sharpening:

IMG_1870.JPG
IMG_1869.JPG

I'm doing some research now to see if I can identify the proof mark. Either way it was a great find. She got the axe and $5-600 shipyard choker/strap for $10

nice find.
I left my dad's axes in South Dakota when he passed away. Huge frickin mistake.
He had some really nice ones. My favorite was an old double blade. The balance on that thing was unreal.
Every time wood cutting comes up, I think about that stupid mistake