Joeydias3

Behind Enemy Lines
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2018
California
Clay?

Someone building a pond?

Job I did in Boston we went some 50 feet deep into the blue clay.

Stuff was beautiful, plastic, like modeling clay.

Would have made a superb range berm.
It’s river mud/stilt/sand. It’s an intake channel off the river for the irrigation district to pump up water for farmers. Water levels are low in the California rivers now, because they’re holding it all in the dams. So when it gets real low it starts to wash all the shit in the channel and we get less flow to our pumps.

Reactions: barneybdb

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
Most appliance fixes arent too hard. Just a little mechanical skill and desire to learn.

Replaced a fuse on the back of a built in oven last year.

Same part (exact) with different brand and number was $15 and took 40 min to install.
Old GF thought she needed a new oven.

I enjoy fixing stuff though. Started with my dad as a little kid. Didnt know it then, but we were poor and had too. And he was damn good at it. Still is.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
Most appliance fixes arent too hard. Just a little mechanical skill and desire to learn.

Replaced a fuse on the back of a built in oven last year.

Same part (exact) with different brand and number was $15 and took 40 min to install.
Old GF thought she needed a new oven.

I enjoy fixing stuff though. Started with my dad as a little kid. Didnt know it then, but we were poor and had too. And he was damn good at it. Still is.
Im not poor, just cheap.

Wish more shit was manufactured for eventual repair.

SCRAM2013

Chief Steponlog
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2019
Golden Corner - SC
They are a handful for sure. This breed is very personable and will jump in your lap and sit with you. First time ever having chickens and I’m a fan so far.
Old pic

E

IMG_20161004_113602_147.jpgIMG_20161004_114037_617.jpg

EDIT: forgot about the Australorps. Hawks picked off everyone of them over a two year period.

Last edited:

roostercogburn98

Private
Belligerents
Nov 3, 2010
I like the Australorps. They have neat coloring. We have 3 hawks on the property so I’m waiting on that game to begin. I caught them this morning teaming up on a little brown house wren that had pushed its luck going after their food. Two of them had it cornered pecking the shit out of it.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
Need to get one of those grates!
Great (no pun intended) thing about Weber is parts are available easy enough on line.......

Ace Hardware has em if you don't want to wait.

Reactions: Waorani

Threadcutter308

Outlier
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Camano Island, Washington
Nope, have a 6month old great pyrenees and a 10yr old labView attachment 7363293View attachment 7363294
Have you had GP's before ?

The wife and I had Newfies. Wonderful dogs. I understand there are a lot of similarities. If so and if this one is your first, You'll really enjoy it. Make absolutely certain you find a Vet that knows what they are doing. We took our first Newfie in for a teeth cleaning and the Vet gave him too much sedative and killed him. For a 150 lb dog, you don't give him 3x the 50 pound dose..........:cry: