• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Now you have the perfect hunting stand. Cup of coffee and open the window.

I've always wanted to do what one of my buddies did years ago. We were waiting for him at Elk Camp, the Pole Bldg we all hang out in and store extra Head Mounts n stuff in. We finally said screw it before it started getting light out and headed for the hills. When we got back he was at the Pole Bldg and had a Deer hanging. We're like WTF Mark?! Why didn't you show? He said he was on the shitter and looked out the window and a Buck was standing in the yard munching away. It was opening morning and he's like "Bingo". He got his gun, went back to the bathroom and stood in the shower, slid the window open and "Pow", dropped his buck standing in his shower in his socks, underwear, and bathrobe. :LOL:

Oh My !! And the "Block" is encrusted with Apple flavored Corn? That's weird....... :cool: 😏
Don't tell anyone, this is the shit...
1593618154111.png

R

Love the view! And the Bud product in the Miller coozie😁. Also the western Washington ‘I can see/ shoot more than than 50 yds. smirk is a great jab at the test of us west sliders. Enjoy!

The Coozie is actually from where my Boys used to work at High Life Adventures over in Warrenton Oregon.

1593618709813.png

They've got some really good Micro Brews on tap over there and put on a pretty good spread as well. If you're ever in the area it's worth stopping by, even if you're not gonna zipline, but why wouldn't ya? :p

https://highlife-adventures.com/

My youngest doing what he do. :LOL:

1593618896514.png

1593618930558.png

I've always wanted to do what one of my buddies did years ago. We were waiting for him at Elk Camp, the Pole Bldg we all hang out in and store extra Head Mounts n stuff in. We finally said screw it before it started getting light out and headed for the hills. When we got back he was at the Pole Bldg and had a Deer hanging. We're like WTF Mark?! Why didn't you show? He said he was on the shitter and looked out the window and a Buck was standing in the yard munching away. It was opening morning and he's like "Bingo". He got his gun, went back to the bathroom and stood in the shower, slid the window open and "Pow", dropped his buck standing in his shower in his socks, underwear, and bathrobe. :LOL:
One of my real good friends growing up came home to that one season in Arkansas. He was out hunting and came back empty handed. His wife however had spotted a small buck in the back field and opened the door and shot it with her 30-30 while standing in the kitchen. Needless to say, he didn’t live that one down for a while.

• Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
I will never forget the first time I went to a shit plant, I was introduced to the GRIT.
I never knew just how deep the Gag Reflex can reside in the human body.
Try the White Liquor end of a paper/pulp mill sometime. That rancid odor gets in your clothes, you go get in your truck and it transfers to your upholstery. Takes about a week with the windows down to get rid of it.....:eek:

I've been in many turd ranches, food processing plants, garbage incinerators, but in my experience, the absolutely most foul smell (no pun intended) was the huge Rubbermaid rendering carts full of chicken feathers, guts, beaks, talons, shit and assholes in a chicken processing plant. Gag a fukin' maggot kind of foul. Made going into the next turd ranch a walk in the park.........:oops:

Wow, I need new glasses and/or a functioning noodle. I sure didn’t proof my post.

I am not entirely sure where @Steel head resides but my guess would be the the Southwest corner, not far from @1J04 . That would puts me about 2 1/2 hours out. All of the timber near me is gated and posted private land or National Forrest filled with hiking trails and Karen calling the sheriff types.

I am a bit envious of those with easy access to any kind of distance.

Wow, I need new glasses and/or a functioning noodle. I sure didn’t proof my post.

I am not entirely sure where @Steel head resides but my guess would be the the Southwest corner, not far from @1J04 . That would puts me about 2 1/2 hours out. All of the timber near me is gated and posted private land or National Forrest filled with hiking trails and Karen calling the sheriff types.

I think I saw him say that he shoots east of Tillamook......

I live in Vantucky.

It’s just a baby 😝
A60631FB-5BA5-414E-9E25-DB3C83369799.jpeg

The view just keeps changing day by day, and literally hour by hour. This morning reveals the top of the ridge while the lower portion and valley are obscured. Yesterday evening was just about the opposite.

And here comes Shovel Boy!🥰

20200702_071521.jpg

20200701_194822.jpg

20200702_071616.jpg

Sometimes I wish I lived in that state. Might have to sell a few guns they don’t allow unless things have changed but might be worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: Geno C. and 1J04
Picked up a pair of school lockers on the cheap for some additional ammo storage. Started out pretty rusty but went at it with a extra coarse sanding pad for angle grinder and a twisted wire cup brush. The resulting finish was neat and sort of a steam punk patina so i rattle canned it with Rustoleum matte clear. Add some quick shelves with stuff on hand, and bobs your uncle.
Before..
IMG_20200531_160608_01.jpg

After..
IMG_20200701_170929_01.jpg

20200701_202504.jpg