• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Went to Osage and got some veggies. Stopped at Cullpepper's salvage. Found some stuff to make a new dinner table.

Didn't show up prepared to haul.🙄

Long morning. Ate early. Hope you men are having a great weekend.

E

View attachment 7377593View attachment 7377594
Nothing cooks like cast iron. I got one my grandmother gave me when I left home 22 years ago. My best cooking pan

Reactions: huntingthem
Today was a feel good day. The bug moved under its own power. Put about 35 miles on it
E5D3D612-5535-414E-8D88-ACF2DACB7E33.jpeg
2639825D-FECB-48F1-B7A1-5A7A39F7AF45.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_20200718_113651714.jpg

IMG_20200718_142224304.jpg

The picture doesn't do it justice at all. This is Kings Ravine just after we climbed it, one of the toughest climbs on the East Coast.
IMG_20200718_142245614.jpg

Stopped for lunch looking back over the ravine before climbing the next 2 peaks Mt Adams then Mt Madison.
IMG_20200718_151322219.jpg

IMG_20200718_151052444.jpg

This is Mt Washington, you can see the auto road in the picture. I raced my bike up it last summer about this time of year. Gotta do that race again!
IMG_20200718_142242664.jpg

Looking at Mt Madison.
IMG_20200718_180633415.jpg

One of the many stream crossing on the way out.

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_151322219.jpg
    IMG_20200718_151322219.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20200718_134834668_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200718_134834668_HDR.jpg
    674.1 KB · Views: 73
View attachment 7377876
View attachment 7377877
The picture doesn't do it justice at all. This is Kings Ravine just after we climbed it, one of the toughest climbs on the East Coast.
View attachment 7377879
Stopped for lunch looking back over the ravine before climbing the next 2 peaks Mt Adams then Mt Madison.
View attachment 7377882
View attachment 7377884
This is Mt Washington, you can see the auto road in the picture. I raced my bike up it last summer about this time of year. Gotta do that race again!
View attachment 7377886
Looking at Mt Madison.
View attachment 7377888
One of the many stream crossing on the way out.

Heading up North Conway, way, soon. Great area.

When is the dove hunt?😁

E

It's actually a deer and turkey plot. The sunn hemp and sunflowers are to create stalks for climbing varieties of soybeans and peas.
I had no idea it was going to be this beautiful.

Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
It's actually a deer and turkey plot. The sunn hemp and sunflowers are to create stalks for climbing varieties of soybeans and peas.
I had no idea it was going to be this beautiful.

Sweet spot. Crowder's and purple hulls?

E

Blue racer we always called them growing up🤷🏻‍♂️
We had blue racers/coachwhip snakes growing up in Arkansas, but these looked different and weren’t so territorial. Got this one way back in the nowhere of Ft. Lewis one year.

Reactions: Geno C.
37B6B297-7156-4740-8921-F0EC6E7B0F7B.jpeg

The wife and I put in about 14 miles yesterday. At one break had this little guy land on the toe of my boot and chill for about 5 minutes.
0B025774-81EA-4D68-A457-1B3012D9A07F.jpeg

Finished our day by climbing up to Kelly Butte fire lookout(right edge of middle pic) to spend the night. It was a new moon night and the stars where amazing! Great views of Neowise comet through the binoculars but we didn’t have sufficient camera power to capture any pictures to share.
A7D0D28D-911A-4206-95A0-1C8952C83043.jpeg

Used the drive to the trail head to scout for long range opportunities, saw a couple that could be promising. Now I need to research how to get to them.

@1J04 or any other Washingtontonian. What the hell is the proper term for these sneks View attachment 7378239
sounds like Waoroni and Jimmy are saying it’s a Garter. Could be, I’m colorblind, years since I’ve seen one and never saw one that big.....

good news is that none of the sneks on the westside are poisonous.

Last edited:
Interesting for sure. I’ve always wondered what they were, and ran across that picture other day. Seemed like we found bunches of those things on an HLZ we were using for some training. Thanks for the input fellas.

Interesting for sure. I’ve always wondered what they were, and ran across that picture other day. Seemed like we found bunches of those things on an HLZ we were using for some training. Thanks for the input fellas.
It’s the West side barking spiders you gotta be real careful with.........I hear there’s a shit ton of ‘em down the Naselle way....... :ROFLMAO:

Been doing this for some four decades and it's never happened until today.
Mounted the red dot on the new Saint Victor and went to the pond to start making adjustments.
Took aim on a rock at waters edge at 50 yards and Poof!
Stretched it out to the steel at 150 and ding!
It may need a click when the weather's better and I go to paper, but it's fine for the truck gun and traffic blockers right now.

IMG_20200719_171352_478.jpg

Last edited:
It sure is! Are you hiking up there? I love the White Mountains.

We will probably do a small hike....Arethusa Falls, maybe Black Cap, something just to get the kids some air.

Id like an ass kicker hike but the fams is kind of lame on that stuff these days. My daughter did ask about hiking Washington, which I would love to do, but she wouldnt make it a third of the way up before complaining.

Big on the schedule is swimming at "Second Iron Bridge" in Bartlett.

If you havent been to the big cool pool on the Saco its a spot you should visit.

If you bring a mask, not a stupid Covid one....a swim mask, and the trout are in the pool you will be amazed by some nice rainbows.

Thompson House Eatery in Jackson will be on the schedule for a great meal, if on the expensive side, looking forward to trying their version of a Manhattan.

A beach replay today. Same as last Sunday, 90 plus temps and cool, clean, salt water.....

1595207775538.png

1595207795162.png

Mayor of Gloucester MA wanted to shut the beach parking down this weekend to residents only. I guess people in Gloucester are covid immune and it outsiders that bring it in. This beach is in Rockport but the parking for it is in Gloucester. The lawyer for the owner of the parking lot had the mayor of Gloucester eat a dick.

Good reading material to bask in the sun...

1595207921982.png

My beach was much nicer than Iwo's.

Been doing this for some four decades and it's never happened until today.
Mounted the red dot on the new Saint Victor and went to the pond to start making adjustments.
Took aim on a rock at waters edge at 50 yards and Poof!
Stretched it out to the steel at 150 and ding!
It may need a click when the weather's better and I go to paper, but it's fine for the truck gun and traffic blockers right now.

View attachment 7378607

That's Cute.

@1J04

Package inbound. Very nice looking young lady asks "what's in the package?" I told her "dirty underwear". Everyone in the joint laughed except her. I told her next day. She said $110. I told her dirty underwear isn't worth $110.

So you get second class...I mean day😁 hope it shows in good condition.

E

• Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
@1J04

Package inbound. Very nice looking young lady asks "what's in the package?" I told her "dirty underwear". Everyone in the joint laughed except her. I told her next day. She said $110. I told her dirty underwear isn't worth $110.

So you get second class...I mean day😁 hope it shows in good condition.

E

I'm gloving up when this arrives. Just say'n. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Barneybdb
our crane has been down for a couple or 3 months now and it is impossible around here w out it.
i just didnt have the time to fix it w everything else that wants to break and w building new shit, BUT...
i called a friend in and we are killing it, once said and done evrything will be back up soon.
the crane got new hood, new flywheel, new clutch pack, brakes, door hinges, yep no shit.
we havent finished but she is operable and tonight i can move some logs...

heres a shot of her doing what she does best, shes out front holding the flag.
20200720_163354.jpg
20200720_163354.jpg

our crane has been down for a couple or 3 months now and it is impossible around here w out it.
i just didnt have the time to fix it w everything else that wants to break and w building new shit, BUT...
i called a friend in and we are killing it, once said and done evrything will be back up soon.
the crane got new hood, new flywheel, new clutch pack, brakes, door hinges, yep no shit.
we havent finished but she is operable and tonight i can move some logs...

heres a shot of her doing what she does best, shes out front holding the flag.View attachment 7379338View attachment 7379338

Sweet!

My only critical comment.........Needs more flag. Looks like you can go lots bigger.