• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Dinner.

E
IMG_20200721_182842686.jpg

Headed out on vacation on Saturday.

Daddy and daughter road trip up through NE, SD, and WY on the way home.

Was gonna do this last weekend, but my brother needed my help. Good news it was only 94F in the sun on the driveway... 😩
Keeps the clothing bags, some gear, and stuff separated from coolers, food box, and kitchen box underneath.

Doubles as a sleeping platform in a pinch or when travelling to save camp set up and tear down. Had to make it tall enough to fit the 65q cooler under.... Good thing I am short and still move around better than the old fart that I am. 😁

45D556D5-586C-450C-994E-B1FEEB58C33A.jpeg

What jerk season is that? Let me find the link to the stuff I use. It’s awesome!!

My fams won't cotton to anything too spicy.

I found this in the spice cabinet and rolled with it.....

image.jpg

When I wrap in foil I will add some BBQ sauce to create BBQ steam.

It will be more like sweet BBQ chicken than a Cubano chicken.

My fams won't cotton to anything too spicy.

I found this in the spice cabinet and rolled with it.....

View attachment 7382230

When I wrap in foil I will add some BBQ sauce to create BBQ steam.

It will be more like sweet BBQ chicken than a Cubano chicken.

For all the good success I've made smoking so far, for some reason I'm inconsistent (read borderline terrible) at chicken. As far as this cook goes, would you mind breaking this down to temps and times? I'd like to try this one. The last 2 times I've tried breast filets and wings they go from dry as a bone to rubbery. Cant seem to get it right. Even the dog looks at me with disgust when I try to give it to him and I'm pretty sure he'd eat gravel if I hand fed it to him.

Reactions: Barneybdb
For all the good success I've made smoking so far, for some reason I'm inconsistent (read borderline terrible) at chicken. As far as this cook goes, would you mind breaking this down to temps and times? I'd like to try this one. The last 2 times I've tried breast filets and wings they go from dry as a bone to rubbery. Cant seem to get it right. Even the dog looks at me with disgust when I try to give it to him and I'm pretty sure he'd eat gravel if I hand fed it to him.

Truthfully Ive not done much chicken.

I intended to put these on the smoker for up to two hours but your warning post has me thinking an hour max.

Ill than pull them off and wrap them tightly in tin foil with my chosen BBQ sauce to let them slow simmer in their juices.

Top temp will be 250 and the heat is in two baskets on the bottom sides of the grill. The chicken at no time will get direct heat.

Once wrapped in foil and steaming in their juice I dont see how they can go dry.

After a few hours of steaming away in foil Ill pull them off and put them in a cooler to let them cook some more using their own heat as the source.

Pulling them out of the coolers they should shred like a pork shoulder.

Ideally Id use a temp probe and ensure I get them up to a temp safe to kill any bacteria. will be buying a probe next time Im by the BBQ place.

In the interim Im going by feel.

Reactions: Geno C.

do you have a meat probe? its all about the internal temps. pull white meat off the grill at 155 internal, dark around 170.

i usually cook chicken indirect around 300, haven't found any difference in doing it in the 225-250 range, just takes longer.

youtube is a great resource for bbq/smoking. howtobbqright (malcom reed) has just about everything you'd want.

Today's cooking hat courtesy of @j-huskey..........

image.jpg

Needs a baptism in salt water and an EGA, working on it.

My meat has been smoking for 40 minutes at 250 or so.

image.jpg

I'll go to foil wrap in 20 minutes than let it just steam on the grill.