• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Did some shooting myself today, well kind of. Pretty sure there is a sickly or rabid fox cruising the area. It’s been harassing the neighbors dogs in the middle of the afternoon. Decided to make sure a couple of blasters were ready to answer the call. The 5.7 and the 22mag volunteered
F7E38F6F-A86C-40CF-BB90-DD86C7364854.jpeg

Last edited:
Steel swinger at 50 for 22 positional
Then 100, 200, and 300 yds.

Will go further next time. Just needed data on the new toys and such.

Can go to 800 very easy.
Its just walking....
Nice.
That’s what it looked like, but pics are so misleading.
I finally found a spot that I can just drive out to the targets and back.
I can always use the exercise - but it takes a lot of time to walk out and back.

Reactions: Barneybdb
@Rthur
@tnichols

Thinking of you. I know you are both close to this horrible storm path.

Dang it.
Thanks. We got center punched for sure. No one injured, minor structural damage, extensive tree damage. Long day at a steady pace. Progress. Other folks very close are much worse off. I won’t bore you guys with storm damage pics, but I’ll leave you with this one. More of these than I care to do in a day.
0311E391-D9A3-4800-BA00-9D6BF21554D5.jpeg

@tnichols
Good to know you all are ok.
Totally stinks to have to deal with, the stress, the work, and the hassles (insurance).
crops pretty jacked up?

A few storm pics arent boring. They show us whats up.

Still waiting to hear from Rthur.
Thanks for asking.
We dodged the main front.
As strong a wind as I've seen in a while though.
Lots of talk of flattened corn north of us and into Iowa.
Dropped 20-30 degrees in a few minutes.

R

Been cleaning up storm damage all week that hit on Monday. Got everything off the ground here, helped a neighbor with a few huge trees that took down pasture fence, and finished this morning at the in-laws. There is a ton of work left yet, however, we’re making progress. Shit you not, last limb I pulled out of the MIL’s tree this morning dinged me a bit. Last one 🙄. Went home, mowed lawn, and fired up the Traeger.
94472B7F-39C8-4626-BB99-DF43CF6BF5EA.jpeg
28CB3CF4-589D-40AC-B263-1A1EA1BBE32F.jpeg
D5718BE4-0489-4975-9DA3-DE17FA7A4631.jpeg

All 3 for $100.

Thanks bud. How much area will this treat?

Did some shooting myself today, well kind of. Pretty sure there is a sickly or rabid fox cruising the area. It’s been harassing the neighbors dogs in the middle of the afternoon. Decided to make sure a couple of blasters were ready to answer the call. The 5.7 and the 22mag volunteered View attachment 7395557
What kind of 5.7 is that ? 5.7x28?

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Been cleaning up storm damage all week that hit on Monday. Got everything off the ground here, helped a neighbor with a few huge trees that took down pasture fence, and finished this morning at the in-laws. There is a ton of work left yet, however, we’re making progress. Shit you not, last limb I pulled out of the MIL’s tree this morning dinged me a bit. Last one 🙄. Went home, mowed lawn, and fired up the Traeger.
View attachment 7398962View attachment 7398963View attachment 7398964

12 oz. Anheuser-Busch antibiotic supplement drinks and red meat, excellent minor wound therapy plan. Application amounts vary according to wound(s) and attitude. Re-apply as needed to forget wound and mellow attitude. If pregnant, use in moderation.

That's cutting it close.

Stinks don't it.

Nearby lightning strike got me inside my house once. Lost a lot of hair and had to cut the rest.

Living room stunk.

• Wow
Reactions: 1J04
Any more details? I started to make a 5.7 but decided on a 7.62x25 instead . What action did you use?
Started out as a Walmart 243 and scrapped everything except the action body. Can send a PM if your interested in total build process but it was nothing super special. Typical rifle build with a standard barrel as far as machining goes. Did it all in the shop at the house.
Rem700 action
PTG one piece 5.7 bolt
Shileen 16 in 1:14 ss barrel
Timney 510 trigger
Manners stock
AICS magazine with custom built cartridge guide
NF base, Badger rings, Leupold MK4 scope

Reactions: crackerbrown
Started out as a Walmart 243 and scrapped everything except the action body. Can send a PM if your interested in total build process but it was nothing super special. Typical rifle build with a standard barrel as far as machining goes. Did it all in the shop at the house.
Rem700 action
PTG one piece 5.7 bolt
Shileen 16 in 1:14 ss barrel
Timney 510 trigger
Manners stock
AICS magazine with custom built cartridge guide
NF base, Badger rings, Leupold MK4 scope
What kind of accuracy are you getting with it ? Ten years or so ago when I built my mine in the research phase I had read that some gun maker had done some testing and couldn't get good enough accuracy with it to procede. I've always liked that round but I wanted accuracy so I went with the 7.62x25 as I thought It might have more potental. The jury is still out on that one. Do you reload for it? I've heard they can be finicky. Anyway I'm glad to see somebody took the plunge. It's a nice looking rig.

The match went well today. I finished 6th, which is pretty good for me!

I got a MOST series match to shoot Saturday. Checked zero & velocity. 6 shots, cold bore, ammo loaded on 2 different dates, results look fine. As usual, the trigger puller will be the weak link.

View attachment 7398183

What kind of accuracy are you getting with it ? Ten years or so ago when I built my mine in the research phase I had read that some gun maker had done some testing and couldn't get good enough accuracy with it to procede. I've always liked that round but I wanted accuracy so I went with the 7.62x25 as I thought It might have more potental. The jury is still out on that one. Do you reload for it? I've heard they can be finicky. Anyway I'm glad to see somebody took the plunge. It's a nice looking rig.
Accuracy is phenomenal for a little 40 grain bullet. Factory ammo seems nice on paper (numbers wise) but is actually anemic, and I handload for it now. I had issues with 27 grain factory stuff and 36g varmint grenades. Using Autocomp and once fired brass, it is a fairly easy setup to reload for in a bolt gun, no need to worry about that laquer coating the fn guns need to survive. With a 40g a or z max, I have hit pretty decent out to 300, 400 starts to get sketchy. 250 and in, I can own it if I want to. I had some group pics, I’ll see if I can dig them up from when I started messing with this thing 6 or 7 years ago. The manufacturers tat started and bailed on this little cartridge just didn’t want to invest the time and money into it to make it run right I’m assuming it was probably mixed up with a lot of feedback that said this was a useless endeavor and it didn’t make sense. From a manufacturing standpoint, they were probably right to not invest and possibly lose big money. For me, it was a conversation with a good buddy that started the snowball. He and I both built one, his on a model seven and mine on a 700. His is pretty pimp and shoots real well also. He only shoots factory ammo, so that might be where I’d get a leg up.
One pic of a group I had saved on the phone. I have most of the build process pics somewhere. This group is probably around 10 shots at apprx 80 yards?
5686EDA7-7F3D-4B74-94EB-06AE240B8573.jpeg

Accuracy is phenomenal for a little 40 grain bullet. Factory ammo seems nice on paper (numbers wise) but is actually anemic, and I handload for it now. I had issues with 27 grain factory stuff and 36g varmint grenades. Using Autocomp and once fired brass, it is a fairly easy setup to reload for in a bolt gun, no need to worry about that laquer coating the fn guns need to survive. With a 40g a or z max, I have hit pretty decent out to 300, 400 starts to get sketchy. 250 and in, I can own it if I want to. I had some group pics, I’ll see if I can dig them up from when I started messing with this thing 6 or 7 years ago. The manufacturers tat started and bailed on this little cartridge just didn’t want to invest the time and money into it to make it run right I’m assuming it was probably mixed up with a lot of feedback that said this was a useless endeavor and it didn’t make sense. From a manufacturing standpoint, they were probably right to not invest and possibly lose big money. For me, it was a conversation with a good buddy that started the snowball. He and I both built one, his on a model seven and mine on a 700. His is pretty pimp and shoots real well also. He only shoots factory ammo, so that might be where I’d get a leg up.
One pic of a group I had saved on the phone. I have most of the build process pics somewhere. This group is probably around 10 shots at apprx 80 yards?View attachment 7399871
Hey thanks for the input. Makes me want to do some more load development on my project gun.

Tried to finish the zen room yesterday. Didn't happen. Heat and copious amounts of mud dust finally ran us out. Can't find respirators anywhere and didn't hit a couple friends up for theirs. Big mistake. It was absolutely brutal. Today is gonna be no slouch either. No sanding due to today being my monday, and to add to the punishment I have to qualify this afternoon in full garb during the height of the heat. Not gonna be pleasant.😪

@Mooseknuckles that sounds like a plan! I'll let ya know when I'm ready to paint and hang cabinets.😉

@oneshot86. DO IT! Anything to trip his trigger is appreciated. 😆

@powdahound76 I have 9ne more solid core door I'm gonna cut 25" deep. It's 83" long and that, for now will be the only "bench" in there. I have 2 tall center piece cabinets going in as well. One will be stationary after I build a solid base for it at a comfortable height for me, the other is going on 2" casters so I can roll it around. I was gonna do more benches but I also don't wanna plug the room and and not have any space to move around. If you look close at the pictures you can see the snap line on the walls where the 7' cabinets in the back of the room will be centered, then the wall right of the window will have 2 hanging cabinets, and the wall on the door side will have 4 hanging cabinets. The door I'm gonna cut will be centered under those four with led lights under the cabinets. I'll park the one center piece on casters under the 2 cabinets and the stationary one under the window.

20200815_211854.jpg

20200815_211847.jpg

20200815_211834.jpg

20200815_211819.jpg

Had to stop 9n the way in to take some minus tide (-0.7) pics over the Oyster Beds on the Willapa Bay. Beautiful morning!🥰

20200816_074715.jpg

20200816_074657.jpg