• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

@Dirty D and I went clubbing last night. Pretty good time until he took on more than he could handle. Hope your back is feeling better man. ;)

*click it*

1602103704433.png

For the gravel Nazis. 9 ton of backfill today following the “professional” landscapers yesterday. Loaded the wheelbarrow with the loader and wheeled it in. Put a dab in the driveway to keep us up out of the mud come spring. Approximately 40 ton under the approach and backfill.
D59F6AB0-4B61-443D-BF3E-B53491B0F744.jpeg
17A916E2-F25C-43F9-951F-361BCC0ED70C.jpeg
2FBB40DF-CD0E-481E-A3C3-B432B6362C2A.jpeg

I’m not against cab removal. I think it’s smart and the best way to do it. Sometimes when I’m working on my VW Bug motor, I often question if removing the shell from the pan would be much easier.

Lemon law in NC is it had to be within the original 3yr 36k warranty and have a long term problem like this or return to the shop for 3 consecutive times with the same issue. My truck had 62k on it so the extended warranty is repairing this. At this point, I believe Chrysler is covering all but I could be mistaken on that as well. Right now, I am working to see if Chrysler has a lemon law or some kind of sop for this. If push comes to shove, I will grab a lawyer.

MPG isn’t my main focus point but it is nice. I toy with the 1 ton idea, but hard to justify for me. I only things I ever really pull are a JD 1025R tractor, a JD gator, or the horse trailer with one mangy horse in it. That is the main reason I settled for a 1/2 ton, well that and I don’t like the way the 3/4 tons ride.
Ok, so I have this thing where I quote someone but make some statements that are more generalizations than directed to anyone single person.

Cabs have been being removed for almost 20 years and while it does seem more main stream I still get people in total shock and say "glad that isn't my truck, it will have all kinds of problems after"

I will admit the first one I did scared the shit out of me, now I do 1 or 2 a week and I would never go back to lifting cylinder heads over fenders.

I hope you get your issues taken care of. If you determine that a new course of action has to be taken I would recommend an 3.5 ecoboost F150. I know some here would be be against that. But if you are interested I can defend my position on that choice very very well.

If not driven like a teenager they can get in the upper 20's for MPG, and that is just to start.

PS: my wife's averages 29 mpg at 80mph (not in F150 but in Taurus which is admittedly about 1500lbs lighter)

Last edited:
@2ndamendfan I have looked at Ford and the twin turbo setup should be more than capable of what I need and have the same towing capacity the Ram has. Truth be told, if I really want to take the mpg route, I’ll just drive the wife’s hybrid suv that gets almost 40mpg. She’ll get over it I’m sure.

@2ndamendfan I have looked at Ford and the twin turbo setup should be more than capable of what I need and have the same towing capacity the Ram has. Truth be told, if I really want to take the mpg route, I’ll just drive the wife’s hybrid suv that gets almost 40mpg. She’ll get over it I’m sure.
Well for sure, when we don't NEED my one ton we take the Taurus SHO for what ever errands/trips we have. And that would be for the MPG, both are comfortable.
As we both agreed to earlier MPG is a bonus if the vehicle suits the intended need/use.
Also I didn't want anyone to think I was suggesting a vehicle that was not very comparable to what you have.
I have a customer right now that had a small pick up and all his friends have 1 ton diesel trucks so he thought he needed one also and the 50-60% drop in MPG is just killing him.

And just for today’s update if your interested or give a shit. The turbo was finished up Tuesday evening, initial test drive ended with a blown egr seal Wednesday afternoon. They replaced that Wednesday evening and Thursday morning test drive made it 37 miles before the truck shut down again. In the process of trying to see what a buyout looks like as of today. Waiting on Chrysler rep to see what they can scrap together and lowball me with.

And just for today’s update if your interested or give a shit. The turbo was finished up Tuesday evening, initial test drive ended with a blown egr seal Wednesday afternoon. They replaced that Wednesday evening and Thursday morning test drive made it 37 miles before the truck shut down again. In the process of trying to see what a buyout looks like as of today. Waiting on Chrysler rep to see what they can scrap together and lowball me with.
Oh we definitely care. Holy hell what a shit show. Have you met with the tech/mechanic, cause I have been where he is and fuck it sucks to keep coming to work with a project like that. I have lost a lot of sleep thinking about vehicles in the last 35 years.

Please keep us posted. In my experience to get the best offer you will be required to stick with a Fiat/Chrysler product.

That’s crazy 🤬. You’ve been far more patient than I.

Oh we definitely care. Holy hell what a shit show. Have you met with the tech/mechanic, cause I have been where he is and fuck it sucks to keep coming to work with a project like that. I have lost a lot of sleep thinking about vehicles in the last 35 years.

Please keep us posted. In my experience to get the best offer you will be required to stick with a Fiat/Chrysler product.
I talk to the tech anytime I go to the dealership. He,(Thomas) is a good dude and we see eye to eye on everything about the truck as to this point. He knows I don’t hold him accountable for this shit show one tiny bit.

Also, just got an email saying Chrysler Corporate Management should be reaching out to me. Will keep updates coming as I get any.

That’s crazy 🤬. You’ve been far more patient than I.
I understand that line of thinking but in this case I believe @roostercogburn98 is handling it perfectly. I have seen this play out a few times. Fact is if the vehicle is out of warranty and/or lemon law it is your baby. You catch more flies with honey in this case.
You have to let the dealership get to the point that they are tired of the vehicle, so they call the manufacturer and then wait until the manufacturer is tired of the vehicle. Just because you are tired of the vehicle doesn't mean shit to them.

This is because people are not brand loyal anymore. And I can prove it.

Have you (anyone reading this) been to a restaurant and had a bad meal? Did you ask to speak to the manager? did you get your meal comp-ed or a free desert?

Now the BIG question, did you ever go back for another meal?

If you answered yes to all those question you would in fact be in a huge minority. Many studies have shown that once you have a bad experience with a business you never go back. It has been proven that due to the lack of loyalty a business is better off telling you to fuck off and each going their separate ways. Even with social media if the bad experience is an anomaly and not a normal occurrence then it will be like water off a ducks back for the business.

You have to get to the point where they want to crush the vehicle worse than you.

Last edited:
Showed up 15 mins late to pick up the child from school. Still waiting 10 mins later.

20201009_154532.jpg

Solid albacore is the way to go. I'm revoking your gourmet credentials.

Solid albacore dolphin free tuna is way too much yuppy to be redneck.

i like fine food. Love it in fact.

and have lived life to realize that some cheap food is darn good and, some days, a quick and easy meal after working hard is better than something fancy

hate to guess how many pasta roni shells and white cheddar and a can of tuna with a little pepper and cholula I have eaten.
easy and fast at the end of a long day of hunting or work. Think 14-16 hr days.... i do not wanna cook.
I bet a landscape guy is BAF with fall work in WI right now.

Where does canned sockeye salmon mixed with crushed saltines and ketchup fit on the redneck yuppie scale?

did you catch the salmon yourself?
And can it.
all wearing Carhartts (Official state pants of AK)?

if no to the above, At the store, did you drop the can to get a “dented can discount”

if yes, good job.

if your ketchup is organic or your saltine crackers of the “no salt” or “low sodium” Variety it is a no.

just a soi boi lumbersexual trying to find ways to sustain himself until he can either hoist the axe overhead and swing it or pull the rope hard enough to start the chainsaw.

did you catch the salmon yourself?
And can it.
all wearing Carhartts (Official state pants of AK)?

if no to the above, At the store, did you drop the can to get a “dented can discount”

if yes, good job.

if your ketchup is organic or your saltine crackers of the “no salt” or “low sodium” Variety it is a no.

just a soi boi lumbersexual trying to find ways to sustain himself until he can either hoist the axe overhead and swing it or pull the rope hard enough to start the chainsaw.
No too poor to make it to Alaska yet.

Alot of the time the cans are up on top shelf so more likely to fall. I'm 5'6.

Organic? Low sodium? Nasty. Plain Jane common Heinz ketchup in the giant bottle from Costco.

Dont always cook it. Too lazy. If I do ketchup goes on after cooked. And it gets an egg mixed in and turned into salmon patties.

Am I the only one that likes the crunchy bones of canned salmon? Also just learned that some idiots think you can't eat canned salmon bones.