• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

What’s in the magical box
image.jpg

I know a magical box and it does NOT look like that one 🤣.

This here is what you want.
IMG_20201211_114531517.jpg

Fail to fire. I have quit counting the number of failures. I saved these to run through a plastic wal-hole 10/22

E

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98
I know a magical box and it does NOT look like that one 🤣.

This here is what you want.
View attachment 7497984

Fail to fire. I have quit counting the number of failures. I saved these to run through a plastic wal-hole 10/22

E
Magical boxes are interesting for sure.

that many misfires out of how many rounds? Have you checked your firing pin channel to make sure it isn’t getting dirty?

Magical boxes are interesting for sure.

that many misfires out of how many rounds? Have you checked your firing pin channel to make sure it isn’t getting dirty?

Mr. Rooster,

I have disassembled the bolt assy twice. Clean it and chamber thoroughly. White glove action.

10% failure rate. I am guessing here. I quit counting. 10 in 100.

CCI SV = ZERO (0) failures

E

Mr. Rooster,

I have disassembled the bolt assy twice. Clean it and chamber thoroughly. White glove action.

10% failure rate. I am guessing here. I quit counting. 10 in 100.

CCI SV = ZERO (0) failures

E
All the same lot number for the FTFs? Maybe you got a bad lot and the priming mixture is off?

I see some of the landscape pix you guys post and it really hammers home just how mundane NW Indiana is.....

Range was busy today, but no one at the 200/300 yard.
View attachment 7500148

There rarely is anyone at 200/300.

That's ELR......you need a .50 or above to hit anything that far.

I'll be there tommorow.

Gonna take a couple hours personal time starting at 1300.

Trying a new Springfield '03 load.

Day is supposed to be bright so rather than fight the low on the horizon western sun I'm gonna hit the 100 and shoot for groups.

There rarely is anyone at 200/300.

That's ELR......you need a .50 or above to hit anything that far.

I'll be there tommorow.

Gonna take a couple hours personal time starting at 1300.

Trying a new Springfield '03 load.

Day is supposed to be bright so rather than fight the low on the horizon western sun I'm gonna hit the 100 and shoot for groups.
The 100 yard was packed+. I bought that tripod from cameraland for the 22 and wanted to try out with something a little larger. At least no one was around and it got so cloudy the sun wasn't an issue. I reloaded some 223 last night, was planning on swinging by to try them out today.

The 100 yard was packed+. I bought that tripod from cameraland for the 22 and wanted to try out with something a little larger. At least no one was around and it got so cloudy the sun wasn't an issue. I reloaded some 223 last night, was planning on swinging by to try them out today.

Twenty rounds of 30-06 to fire.....10 Sig Sauer Match 175 SMK and 10 I4350 under 175 SMK.

Looks like weather will be taking a dump today but Ill be there.

Along the path of learning, I ordered QTY: 1 complete lower from Larue. It arrived quickly (pic in previous post in this thread).

After looking it over, I had some questions. Called. Expressed my observations and asked two questions. They sent this no questions asked...free with return label for original.
IMG_20201214_200157840.jpg

Thinking about their good service for a first time customer and my lack of knowledge, I'm going to call tomorrow and pay for it and shipping and keep both. I would like to study these for a bit.

Thanks to Larue.

E

Those intrigue me.

Had a Ranger FX4 I really liked. It was a standard.

The new Rangers seem "big" to me.

Thinking these Gladiators might be what my Ranger was but every Jeep i have been in smells like burning oil and seemed to have oil vapor in the passenger area as my eyes would water.

Do these things still offer a standard tranny?

You're too late it made it to Cali, now the the state can steal it and destroy it for being a gross polluter.....

View attachment 7500003
Nice Vette.

Pappy & Harriets in Pioneertown huh?

Place sucks since the lezbos bought it and it became trendy with the alphabet crowd. I used to go there when Harriet was still alive, sitting at the end of the bar telling her WWII stories.

Though the wife of a guy I know bartends there and as a hot blonde she makes BANK in tips now.

Last edited:
Those intrigue me.

Had a Ranger FX4 I really liked. It was a standard.

The new Rangers seem "big" to me.

Thinking these Gladiators might be what my Ranger was but every Jeep i have been in smells like burning oil and seemed to have oil vapor in the passenger area as my eyes would water.

Do these things still offer a standard tranny?
This one is a diesel with the 8 speed auto. The standard tranny is an option with the gas version, but supposedly they are not beefy enough to hold up to the diesel.
The new rangers are huge compared to what they used to be, you are correct on that

That's a funny looking Bald Eagle ya got right there!

I know I'm wearing out this view. But USS VINSON pulled into the bay lastnight during sunset. Pretty legit. (2nd photo through LRF):View attachment 7497482View attachment 7497483

I shoulda hopped on that Boat in 83 when I was getting off the Constellation. The Carl Vinson was going on it's "Hello World" World Tour. Just an epic Cruise full of a lot of good Ports of Call. But no, decided to go sun bathe in the Keys for a couple years down at Boca Chica, then off to Homestead AFB for a couple years watching how the other Fly Boyz lived. Honestly regret not cross decking. Great Pic.

A big brown box was sitting by my front door this am.
20201216_162506.jpg

The last two presents for my two littlest grandkids. These are "Stay at Poppa's House" presents. I will employ any deceit and bribe to get them to visit Poppa for a weekend. I can hardly wait for the kids to open these so I can..wait, I mean we can play with them.

I couldnt snap pics due to driving.

Here is the story. Where I live, there is a school for special needs kids. CP, MR, severe vision impairment, spina bifida, etc. Very special kids.
They have been open during the lockdown as these kids get a lot of much needed therapy at school they just cant get at home.
Today as I was running between the hospital and my kiddos school, I drove by and the kids were outside in their coats.
In front of the school drove a fire truck, ambulance, police cars, decorated jeeps, the SWAT truck, old time cars, Santa.

Just hit me.
These kids have a lot of challenges. And a bunch of people put in a lot of work to do something special for them.
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE kids, and those extra specials ones always hit my heart.

Seeing a lot of great stuff this year.
Many things in 2020 have sucked. Cool to stop and remember its still easy to do good for someone else.

Nice morning here with “fresh” air as my dad would say (that’s redneck farmer for cold). Stopped on a high hill for a moment on my way to work. It’s a brutal 4.3 miles of back road commute. Sometimes I even go over 35 mph 😊. Our little slice of Hell is actually in the pic. The beginning...
065057E4-014B-4F67-A15D-011172A2CEC6.jpeg

For any number of reasons and excuses I've not spent any time at the basement reloading center the last 3-4 months. Earlier this week I drug my lazy ass down the steps and did some bench top clutter clearing. Looked good. Did inventory counts on primers and some in process fired brass. Good numbers there. Uncased the AIAT, loaded the mags and checked the ammo supply. Little light there.
20201218_195428.jpg

Boxed the last of the ammo run, the AIAT gear is ready to roll.

The 21st is the Winter Solstice and on the 23rd the days will slowly start getting longer. We still have no measurable snow. Today I asked 93 year young Dad if remembers such a winter, he said no. His remember'er may not be as good as it used to be, but still, weather like this is unheard of. Forecast of high 30's this coming week. Our winter gets shorter every day.
Planning on posting some shooting photos next week. Weather reports get boring.

For any number of reasons and excuses I've not spent any time at the basement reloading center the last 3-4 months. Earlier this week I drug my lazy ass down the steps and did some bench top clutter clearing. Looked good. Did inventory counts on primers and some in process fired brass. Good numbers there. Uncased the AIAT, loaded the mags and checked the ammo supply. Little light there.
View attachment 7505675
Boxed the last of the ammo run, the AIAT gear is ready to roll.

The 21st is the Winter Solstice and on the 23rd the days will slowly start getting longer. We still have no measurable snow. Today I asked 93 year young Dad if remembers such a winter, he said no. His remember'er may not be as good as it used to be, but still, weather like this is unheard of. Forecast of high 30's this coming week. Our winter gets shorter every day.
Planning on posting some shooting photos next week. Weather reports get boring.
As the days lengthen the cold strengthens.

is it sad my wife has a carrying case for wrapping paper?View attachment 7505689
Think of it this way; what else would she be doing, if not for that distraction. Idle hands are the devil’s playground and all......
My wife’s preoccupation/fetish is buying North Face clothing on Online Outlet Stores. I call her “Minnie Pearl”. In all seriousness, I tell her to go for it. I know it makes her happy. All things considered, she doesn’t really spend that much money. Oddly enough, I never seem to get any questions or Stinkeye if I buy a new gun :unsure: