• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Today he took gold in Gi and no Gi Brazilian Jiu jitsu
1608408815240.jpeg

Think of it this way; what else would she be doing, if not for that distraction. Idle hands are the devil’s playground and all......
My wife’s preoccupation/fetish is buying North Face clothing on Online Outlet Stores. I call her “Minnie Pearl”. In all seriousness, I tell her to go for it. I know it makes her happy. All things considered, she doesn’t really spend that much money. Oddly enough, I never seem to get any questions or Stinkeye if I buy a new gun :unsure:

Ummm. Was this always the case?
Seems I remember a story about a drop ceiling and an FAL.......

Yes, can remember crap like that and forget to zip my fly all the time.

In remembrance of Hector Cafferata shot some cold weather M1 Garand yesterday....

1608566944367.png

1608566682050.png

1608566972820.png

Im no Hector Cafferata......14 for 20....

1608567284406.png

His fellow Marines counted up to 200 dead Chicoms he accounted for in worse conditions with no coat and wearing only socks on his feet.....

1608567390767.png

Along the path of learning, I ordered QTY: 1 complete lower from Larue. It arrived quickly (pic in previous post in this thread).

After looking it over, I had some questions. Called. Expressed my observations and asked two questions. They sent this no questions asked...free with return label for original.
View attachment 7501202

Thinking about their good service for a first time customer and my lack of knowledge, I'm going to call tomorrow and pay for it and shipping and keep both. I would like to study these for a bit.

Thanks to Larue.

E
I love their mbt triggers

In remembrance of Hector Cafferata shot some cold weather M1 Garand yesterday....

View attachment 7507896

View attachment 7507895

View attachment 7507897

Im no Hector Cafferata......14 for 20....

View attachment 7507902

His fellow Marines counted up to 200 dead Chicoms he accounted for in worse conditions with no coat and wearing only socks on his feet.....

View attachment 7507904

DAMN, Im super jealous, that had to have been great.
wow.
and that devil dog is a hardass or sure

Hector had the barrel to keep him warm.

Was firing so rapidly the upper hand guard caught fire. He was dipping the front of the rifle in snow to cool it down.

In addition to laying down lead with the Garands his blinded by fragments High School friend and fox hole buddy was reloading for him he was swinging his e-tool to bat away incoming grenades.

His story is epic.

Ummm. Was this always the case?
Seems I remember a story about a drop ceiling and an FAL.......

Yes, can remember crap like that and forget to zip my fly all the time.
That was not always the case, you're right. She started buying shoes like Imelda Marcos and I started buying FAL's.....

Happily enough, we're beyond that now. Actually, have been for a long time :)

Was firing so rapidly the upper hand guard caught fire. He was dipping the front of the rifle in snow to cool it down.

In addition to laying down lead with the Garands his blinded by fragments High School friend and fox hole buddy was reloading for him he was swinging his e-tool to bat away incoming grenades.

His story is epic.
If you haven't read a book titled The Last Stand of Fox Company it is worth your time. It is very detailed and Hector Cafferata is mentioned many times. It will give you insight into this brave man. Also if you want to read it online go to erenow.net, it's in the Military History section

If you haven't read a book titled The Last Stand of Fox Company it is worth your time. It is very detailed and Hector Cafferata is mentioned many times. It will give you insight into this brave man. Also if you want to read it online go to erenow.net, it's in the Military History section

Look what you made me do.......

Thursday, Dec. 24
Estimated delivery

40 Thieves on Saipan: The Elite Marine Scout-Snipers in One of WWII's Bloodiest Battles

Voices of the Pacific: Untold Stories from the Marine Heroes of World War II

The Last Stand of Fox Company: A True Story of U.S. Marines in Combat

Went out with an old coworker and kids shooting today.

At the end of the day, we taped quarters up as targets to see who was the best shot.

i love encouraging sibling rivalry:)

weather was perfect 76-77 degrees

only 4 other people at the range today so we had this bay to our group all day.

1608611921215.jpeg

Damn kids grow up to fast. I remember when they were afraid of the dark. Now I get to watch them leave the driveway on their own like the rule the world. View attachment 7507787
This ^^^ And if you think too hard on it, it will even make a hard man get dust in his eyes. Experienced it just last night. You can only hope you did your part and that they make good decisions.

Seeing pmclaine shooting his M1 on here the other day inspired me to dig mine out of the safe. I bought this from Springfield back in the early 80's I think. It's been awhile so don't quote me. As you may recall Springfield Armory was always hot and cold about getting receivers to do builds with and I caught them at the right time and had them build a .308 on a 1942 receiver. It was like a new gun with all the metal freshly parkerized. It's a great shooter and now I need to find those National match sights I bought for it a couple of decades ago. 🤔

IMG_4260-001-XL.jpg

Seeing pmclaine shooting his M1 on here the other day inspired me to dig mine out of the safe. I bought this from Springfield back in the early 80's I think. It's been awhile so don't quote me. As you may recall Springfield Armory was always hot and cold about getting receivers to do builds with and I caught them at the right time and had them build a .308 on a 1942 receiver. It was like a new gun with all the metal freshly parkerized. It's a great shooter and now I need to find those National match sights I bought for it a couple of decades ago. 🤔

IMG_4260-001-XL.jpg

That is a looker.

SA Inc. built their own guns on receivers starting with a 7 million serial number.

They built you a gun on an original US receiver?

That's cool.

lol Some of them are pretty shitty pics. Didn't realize till I posted them up. My bad. :ROFLMAO:

Some of you guys have more trees and/or hills in a single photo than I have in the entire county. Kind of jealous of your locations. On the other hand, we can sit on a small hill and see critters coming from a loong way off.

I like the tree, hills and mountain photos. Thanks.

Some of you guys have more trees and/or hills in a single photo than I have in the entire county. Kind of jealous of your locations. On the other hand, we can sit on a small hill and see critters coming from a loong way off.

I like the tree, hills and mountain photos. Thanks.
We got some strange trees 'round here
1608771417925.jpeg

Didn’t know whether to post this here or woodchuck, but here goes. I’ll try to be brief but get the point across. I try and do something nice at Christmas for a someone/family I don’t know. This family lives in a little town close by and like everyone around here sustained damage during the derecho. We (the tree crew I work part time with) would drive past in the late afternoon gassed from a long day of work and see this young fella out hacking away with Mikita battery powered saw. This had been a big, beautiful Locust tree.

I commented several times that I wanted to stop and take 10 minutes and tip that nasty old stem over with the 661 and haul it away. I knew that this fella had a young wife and family (4 year old and infant) and a brain tumor (cancerous). He was doing the best he could with what he had.

Fast forward to a yesterday. I asked the tree boss if he would be willing to help me help this family out. He was all in. Made a few phone calls to make connections, visited the site briefly this morning to eyeball the work to be done and get an assessment of what equipment to bring. The tree boss donated truck, dump trailer, 661 and time. I donated my loader, 441, diesel, fuel, bar oil, etc...

The wife wanted the stem left flat topped at 6’ to 7’ so they could put a slide on it for the kids. Done. In and out in about an hour. They were VERY happy. As a side bar, it was “fresh” here today with a temp of 9 degrees F and a “breeze” from the NW at 15-20.

Merry Christmas fellas.
86BA85DC-F0D4-47A1-AEEF-74C4C86773B4.jpeg
F6FB0DA8-E9E0-43D7-9AF8-F4942AA4B6ED.jpeg
0A45BF94-82FB-4B02-902B-C54D723DBC44.jpeg
555C3693-5CAA-4DA1-B82F-E093C73EFC21.jpeg

That's a hell of a locust. That stump will either long after we are dead or gone on 2 or 3 years

More of a point of view than a literal view today. Merry Christmas to you all, may 2021 bring good things to you all. Appears there are some decent folk laying in this hide, waiting for that target of opportunity to present itself so they can have the most impact with their small actions.
Rooster