• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

@Geno C. has the thread in rimfire been updated lately?
I haven’t gotten any notifications on it.

I can’t even find it🤷🏻‍♂️
This one?

This is a picture of sadness...

image.jpg

The sun is rising right of my water tower view. Probably has been for a week.

Early July it is left of the tower.

It will be moving right now until Dec 21.

Some random views....

At the beach last weekend....

hvxuIs2l.jpg

Just noticed the figure, right foreground, surpirised I did not see her than as she seems out of place. Perhaps one of the witches hanged on Cape Anne.

Pho8ZzNl.jpg

TIZqRQ4l.jpg

Walking around Charlestown MA on a damp Sunday...

tu5JbV5l.jpg

QAZOzP3l.jpg

Inside the Constitution Museum....the book on the right is particularly virulent political propaganda....

IYXYzOZl.jpg

@308pirate 's weapon room...

qjpGo8il.jpg

3gPrjIxl.jpg

QQriFX8l.jpg

3KOsCk6l.jpg

The only tattoo any Sailor should get..........I like it also. May not be bad for a Marine. Bad ass!

PogK8Rml.jpg

fR3fehkl.jpg

M4ixZXJl.jpg

Beach yesterday...

l2xmeEzl.jpg

zkVY5QQl.jpg

cqImkgFl.jpg

AjPJyQSl.jpg

Here's a fact that will put some light on that movie. It was released in 1963. The female cast for the most part was Jessica Tandy born in 1909. Susanne Pleshette born in 1937 and Tippy Hendren born in 1930. I recently watched it on TCM and my first thought was " That Jessica Tandy is a good looking girl". That's what old age has in store for you...

The SPR is getting a facelift. Picked up a matched Mega receiver set, so adding the little bits. Old school Triggertech frictionless trigger, Magpul gen 3 PRS, JP one piece, Bushnell HDMR II glass, superlative arms adjustable GB. Barrel is a 1:7.7 bartlein that started life as a heavy service contour blank and had a Seekins bolt headspaced to it. Barrel work was done by a superb smith who may or may not build precision large frame ARs. Time to do a good thermal fit on barrel and make a decision on what handguard I want. Paint scheme to be decided still.
F5522149-5F74-4E75-97CC-ABB314F452A9.jpeg

Down in Gloucester MA yesterday doing some modifications on these tenders that we just completely rebuilt over the winter. They live on the deck of this big boat. It was pouring out, luckily the crew erected a tarp so I could see, it was raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock!
Big boat:
IMG_20210805_141843094.jpg

My view for the day:

IMG_20210805_164943240.jpg

IMG_20210805_165921053.jpg

My next project is a repower of this honey. It should be tricky to get the engines and gears out and the new ones back in. They have to go up through the companion way (stairs in the pic). Just got the floors up and out of the boat. It's a mess right now, so many systems are getting replaced.

IMG_20210806_090133135.jpg

DB623930-B5A8-4799-8BE1-89D22489D801.jpeg
Son spent the night with my parents so I had some free time this morning. Us to do this for a living, the staple have gotten easier to bend , I’ve lost my touch or I have way too much rock !

Started shooting again a few weeks ago, today was a range day. Temp hit 87° but I had shade and a nice gentle breeze. Good day for shooting.

Still looking for that elusive all around .308 load. Dumped the L. C. brass, switched to Federal that's been picked up from the PX over the years. Today's attempt used Varget and 175 SMK's, of which I have a lot. The rifles did get warm with 10 shot strings.

20210808_153148.jpg

I have determined both rifles are very accurate, but I shoot the AI (right) better than the hybrid 700. There's a mostly full box of 135's in the inventory, thinking to turn the 700 into a light bullet screamer. That would be kinda fun.

Drug the 9's along to play. My pistol shooting sucks, just don't practice and have never had proper instruction. 😕 A range in Fargo offers classes, looking into the winter schedule.

20210808_153104.jpg

Even with my crappy pistol skills, that CZ 75 nice to shoot. Maybe to nice, burned through a lot of ammo.

Still in the midst of a severe drought. Wheat is heavy, 64#, only running 18-25 bushels. Beans, nothing, pastures are a uniform brown. A lot of farms and ranches are going to get dinged this year.

Started shooting again a few weeks ago, today was a range day. Temp hit 87° but I had shade and a nice gentle breeze. Good day for shooting.

Still looking for that elusive all around .308 load. Dumped the L. C. brass, switched to Federal that's been picked up from the PX over the years. Today's attempt used Varget and 175 SMK's, of which I have a lot. The rifles did get warm with 10 shot strings.

View attachment 7682040
I have determined both rifles are very accurate, but I shoot the AI (right) better than the hybrid 700. There's a mostly full box of 135's in the inventory, thinking to turn the 700 into a light bullet screamer. That would be kinda fun.

Drug the 9's along to play. My pistol shooting sucks, just don't practice and have never had proper instruction. 😕 A range in Fargo offers classes, looking into the winter schedule.

View attachment 7682049
Even with my crappy pistol skills, that CZ 75 nice to shoot. Maybe to nice, burned through a lot of ammo.

Still in the midst of a severe drought. Wheat is heavy, 64#, only running 18-25 bushels. Beans, nothing, pastures are a uniform brown. A lot of farms and ranches are going to get dinged this year.
I hear that on drought. It’s been brown here since June. Going to be a hard go for a lot of our producers.

Reactions: Snuby642
Varget or 4064 and a 155 Scenar are your accuracy and hunting friends.