• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Slicing aged steaks
2312EE8B-8C00-492E-BE22-179B42094253.jpeg

Sitting in the deer stand watching a small ish house cat stalk a mouse or something. May be a slow morning
This reminds me of a time many years ago while visiting my wife’s grandparents on their farm in KY. I had a new Thompson Hawken 50 caliber rifle and Grandad and I were doing some target practice when a stray cat came along. Grandad said he thought it was the one who had been harassing his chickens, so I volunteered to dispatch it. The cat was about 50 yards or so and walking along the top of a high creek bank that ran through the property. As I was aiming, he said Aw don’t kill it just scare it off so I said okay and lowered my aim down below the cat and into the creek bank and let loose. I laughed as the cat flew up in the air but then it tumbled down the bank coming to a stop. I was surprised that the exploding creek bank took out the cat and Grandad just spit some tobacco and calmly said I think you scared him to death.

Last edited:
This reminds me of a time many years ago while visiting my wife’s grandparents on their farm in KY. I had a new Thompson Hawken 50 caliber rifle and Grandad and I were doing some target practice when a stray cat came along. Grandad said he thought it was the one who had been harassing his chickens, so I volunteered to dispatch it. The cat was about 50 yards or so and walking along the top of a high creek bank that ran through the property. As I was aiming, he said Aw don’t kill it just scare it off so I said okay and lowered my aim down below the cat and into the creek bank and let loose. I laughed as the cat flew up in the air but then it tumbled down the bank coming to a stop. I was surprised that the exploding creek bank took out the cat and Grandad just spit some tobacco and calmly said I think you scared him to death.
That's similar to how we used to "gravel" quail in eastern WA.

Reactions: Badfinger
3095551B-19E6-437F-8268-0C887618DE3F.jpeg
@lowlight have any extra AI beanies ? He got moved to a crib today.

78ACEA7E-CBDB-4679-8570-E613A8C44C95.jpeg
Big brother before I left to go to the hospital.
Early this week he made a name tag and had a mask on so he could go see his brother.
We have to do a check in at the hospital and get name tags .
Not fun explaining to him that he can’t go to the hospital.

Looking to me like you might be trimming the best part.....leave those salty fat tails on there for flavor.

Go keto and that shit will fuel you for 24 hours while lowering cholesterol and leaving you lean enough Mrs GenoC will be proud to take you out in town.
Been keto for years👌

Reactions: pmclaine
Spent Friday marking trees to leave for Golden Winged Warbler habitat. Basically leaving 10-15 trees and clear cutting. Roughly 2 acres.
7C1727A2-0740-41AD-BF01-CC567C7E5C8E.jpeg

7E08F851-29A9-4596-A6B8-DD27F989ECF1.jpeg

Sighted in for WV rifle season opening day in November. I don’t think it likes 150 grain SST’s
You know wind, cold, etc some other excuses I can come up with lol.

3AE06C27-5AB4-434D-9AEB-37414EBBCD79.jpeg

F0EF7130-F1FC-48EA-A3F7-FE7BD35E0ABE.jpeg

Attachments

• AE7AF884-1BB5-4B24-BB19-27AE40BCE2CD.jpeg
    AE7AF884-1BB5-4B24-BB19-27AE40BCE2CD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
Spent Friday marking trees to leave for Golden Winged Warbler habitat. Basically leaving 10-15 trees and clear cutting. Roughly 2 acres.
View attachment 7722635

View attachment 7722636
Sighted in for WV rifle season opening day in November. I don’t think it likes 150 grain SST’s
You know wind, cold, etc some other excuses I can come up with lol.

View attachment 7722638
View attachment 7722639
The undercutting looks really good. We passed through some elk habitat in Wisconsin a few weeks ago where the DNR had done something similar. It looked great.

Reactions: TurdFerguson
It’s actually been grazed heavily in the past. Lots of maple and some buckeye. Basically it’ll be a clear cut down the hill to simulate a disturbance. It’ll look rough but hopefully who ever is hired to log does a good job. Small cuts like that bring shit heads out of the wood work.

We left White Oak and Hickory, hopefully the landowner manages it and keeps the maple down

I doubt it, lol
I used to build swimming pools, I've seen a lot of big boy toys sold off because the wife wanted a pool; Harleys, hot-rods, boats...
I've had several customers that as soon as the pool was done, wife served divorce papers too!
CBS (crazy bitch syndrome)
I’ve seen the same thing😔

Reactions: BAMAboy18