• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

PXL_20211003_212128516.jpg

This weekends project; changing out 8 UHF microwave magnitrons o_O
Leatherman surge for scale

Attachments

• 20211118_183835.jpg
    20211118_183835.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20211118_183825.jpg
    20211118_183825.jpg
    610.3 KB · Views: 54
Not a farmer, but something doesn’t look right
In the lower right hand corner of the picture you can see a corner of what is called the drop box. The input shaft hammered the bearings out. The counter bore for the rear bearing race is egged out so I'm replacing the drop box.

Reactions: RG0099
In the lower right hand corner of the picture you can see a corner of what is called the drop box. The input shaft hammered the bearings out. The counter bore for the rear bearing race is egged out so I'm replacing the drop box.
So did you figure out what caused that mess? Looks expensive.

Dropbox for a PTO or the front drive? Or if none of the above, what fer. Inquiring minds want to know

Case runs a drop box between the engine and transmission. It lets the transmission sit 6 inches lower than the engine. There is no reduction in the gear train. 1 to 1.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Move-n-shoot slug drills

IMG_20211120_110455_2.jpg

100yd sprints followed by emergency reload on 4 targets.

And giving the Paul Harrell "pullrack" technique some love..

Last edited:
Fold that flag Mister.
It’s actually two flags. They both need to be disposed of, they are torn and non serviceable. I go through a couple a year here in NC, some days the wind decides to let them have it pretty good. I am slacking on disposing though, but usually burn them here at the house.

Reactions: Jscb1b
It’s actually two flags. They both need to be disposed of, they are torn and non serviceable. I go through a couple a year here in NC, some days the wind decides to let them have it pretty good. I am slacking on disposing though, but usually burn them here at the house.
The boy scouts used to do retiring ceremonies. Hell, the way they are going they probably can not even light a fire.

The boy scouts used to do retiring ceremonies. Hell, the way they are going they probably can not even light a fire.
You are probably right on Boy Scouts not being able to light a fire anymore. We used to take a lot of our old flags to the American Legion in Ohio, they would do a ceremony once a month or so. I just haven’t looked since I have moved to NC, so I do the best I can at the house now.

You are probably right on Boy Scouts not being able to light a fire anymore. We used to take a lot of our old flags to the American Legion in Ohio, they would do a ceremony once a month or so. I just haven’t looked since I have moved to NC, so I do the best I can at the house now.

Our Legion, NG, and local FD would have a flag disposal every year on Independence Day around 1800 where I grew up in IA.
Havent been in a few years and they are very honorable. They say a prayer of thanks for all who served and what the flag means.

I have 2 that need this, may do my own in 2022 in a similar fashion.
We go camping on some friend's land to avoid the goobers and all who attend that would be supportive of such a thing.

Like you, I also have two that need to be burned.
I suppose I should crank up the fire pit this week and do that.

Arrived 6-23-14 in a plain cardboard box marked #29. A sibling to my 26” 260 AIAE MK III. They were deeply discounted because of the release of the AT. A 20” 308 that has become my steadfast trainer over the years living on a steady diet of FGMM in the 175 offering. On a nice late fall morning, on my 5th shot, she hit the 3,000 total round count with a nice impact on the 10” plate at 655 yards. It’s still crazy accurate will minimal fuss or maintenance, kinda like your favorite pair of jeans or boots. Old, not in vogue, but I love it.
8323F878-FF33-4846-8FC9-6CE8CC4B688B.jpeg

Arrived 6-23-14 in a plain cardboard box marked #29. A sibling to my 26” 260 AIAE MK III. They were deeply discounted because of the release of the AT. A 20” 308 that has become my steadfast trainer over the years living on a steady diet of FGMM in the 175 offering. On a nice late fall morning, on my 5th shot, she hit the 3,000 total round count with a nice impact on the 10” plate at 655 yards. It’s still crazy accurate will minimal fuss or maintenance, kinda like your favorite pair of jeans or boots. Old, not in vogue, but I love it.
View attachment 7745489
The classic is my favorite look in a rifle for some reason. Always thought about getting one, but never have for some reason