• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Deer season ends today here in the Peoples Republic of Comifornia. Spent the last few days trying to get it done. 1 for 2 with my partner shooting this buck. Can't beat the scenery.
20221021_085003.jpg
20221020_175238.jpg
20221020_165728.jpg
20221020_112237.jpg

His third match all 200 yd. reduced. This is his first scoping all his own shots. He needs to get a little tighter, but he's improving well for 11 years old.

Attachments

• DSCN1709.JPG
    DSCN1709.JPG
    692.3 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN1711.JPG
    DSCN1711.JPG
    513.6 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN1708.JPG
    DSCN1708.JPG
    524.9 KB · Views: 74
3E0E7E0F-DAFB-4C66-95A6-CCA3A28D785D.jpeg

Started to check the crossbow this morning, 3 shots and the string wants to be a two piece.
New one is on and stretching.
So I got out the 300WBY and checked zero .

Reactions: mtrmn and tnichols
20221111_143538.jpg

20221111_143556.jpg
Never a good day at work when you come in to see that somebody dropped an arbor with a part into your spinning 1/2" wide 16" diameter diamond wheel taking a couple chunks out.

Took the time to check that the whole machine is aligned (it wasn't. 0.0005" over 3.7") and realign it (slightly less than 0.0001" over the same). Then got to dress in the new wheel. Took from 0700 to 1330 to start setting up on my first part.

View attachment 7996960
View attachment 7996962Never a good day at work when you come in to see that somebody dropped an arbor with a part into your spinning 1/2" wide 16" diameter diamond wheel taking a couple chunks out.

Took the time to check that the whole machine is aligned (it wasn't. 0.0005" over 3.7") and realign it (slightly less than 0.0001" over the same). Then got to dress in the new wheel. Took from 0700 to 1330 to start setting up on my first part.
I hate when that happens!
Cnc od grinder?

I hate when that happens!
Cnc od grinder?
Yep. Aerospace machinist. 1986 Sheffield grinder last rebuilt 2002. It does straight wheels and crush form grinding wheels. It's replacement, a Studer s41, is being quoted to go along with the s41 we already have. The new one will have diamond form dressers vs the carbide ones we have now. Radiuses on the forms should last in years vs less than 100 partsish.

Internet picture.
DiamondRolls-PremierRe_opt.jpeg

The wheel takes on the shape of the roll and transfers to the part. Having taper off makes getting parts in size hard especially when you're running +-0.0002" on some parts. In inconel.

Sorry no pictures. Last night was my first time in a stand in almost 2 years. Had a great 4 point at 15 yards. His base was the size of a 2x2 . Only had the left side. No sign of the right at all. Go back 4 years I had trail camera pictures of I believe the same deer. Same day I had a picture of a buck with just the right side. I have seen the buck with just the right side last year. I’m not sure if this is genetic or not. After passing the one up last night I’m rethinking it. I think I might try for book end bucks , try to get the right only and left only. Should be a fun skull mounts .

Ice fishing is one thing I really miss about Idaho. Lots of fun and a great way to deal with a cold winter.

We could run 5 rods per person which at times caused a real circus when 2 or 3 were getting bits at the same time. How many rods can you use at a time?

Ice fishing is one thing I really miss about Idaho. Lots of fun and a great way to deal with a cold winter.

We could run 5 rods per person which at times caused a real circus when 2 or 3 were getting bits at the same time. How many rods can you use at a time?
We are limited to two.

Usually running one rod and a tip up in the background.

I know some places allow up to ten.

There’s no way a guy could handle ten lines with a hot bite, but I’d love to give it he’ll trying.

Reactions: acpchuck
Not sure what was going on at the farm this year. Had a couple older age class bucks earlier in the year showing up on a regular basis but about mid July most buck activity seemed to cease, they just weren’t showing up on the cams. This was for all but a handful of 1.5yr olds.
Work had me tied up tight for all of our early archery season but I was thankful to have the first week of our firearm season off.
Opening morning was a busy one, they were running everywhere in the dark. I could hear bucks grunting in several different directions. Once daylight broke activity slowed down but you’d still see young bucks pushing does around. Had deer around me all morning and that continued to be the case going into the afternoon.
Right around 1 a doe came out behind me and milled around for a bit, her fawn joined her shortly after. They were there for the better part of an hour. Heard a deer walking and assumed it was the doe or fawn so I didn’t pay it much heed. I caught movement about 50yds to my right and saw it was the doe/ fawn. Turned back to the noise and this buck had come out of the thick cover at 15yds behind me. He caught me moving and spun around but only went another 15yds till he stopped to look back……..his last mistake. One 150gr Accubond thru the heart and it was all over.

5h5XRP.jpg

Hit this tree hard before succumbing.

B4KiKM.jpg

DSLTKT.jpg

This was a nice way to break the cherry on the new barrel Shaen put on my .308….

Last edited: