• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s What's Your View II

View attachment 6899203Took my not so little girl fishing yesterday. She finally asked me to take her (voluntarily). Had an absolute blast, even though I spent most of the day breaking off lures that she got stuck in trees. But as a bonus to an already perfect day, big mama here decided to try to take a rage tail lizard from me. Taking baby girl to the same watershed that my dad and paw paw taught me to fish on and landing the biggest fish I've ever pulled out of there, made for a day I'll never forget. And even better than that, once we got home, she asked me to teach her how to pitch lures into cover, so she'd do better next time.
Good for you and her! Kids are a LOT of work to fish with, but it’s time well spent outdoors and away from their devices.

KWstKXN.jpg

Brilliant moon tonight as we trekked back to the old homestead.

Spring has arrived and along with it the undesirable bird species. Starlings, cow birds, sparrows, etc... Alternative position practice the way I see it. From the shadows, bedroom windows, kitchen windows, you name it. Couple pics from yesterday and today, including the lunchtime daily double.

View attachment 6899219View attachment 6899220

They look so peaceful. :cry:

Nice job Mr. Nichols. :D

Curious as to what you see in that cloud. I see a Big Eye Tuna going after bait fish. :unsure:

No flowery notions so close to midnight. It's a formation of crystallized water vapor about six miles up. Gimme 8 hours of sleep and I'll write haiku about it, but not now.

Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Anyone know what this plant is? It's growing right by the creek.

IMG_3719.JPG

Some shots of the small creek. Crappy flipphone pics.

IMG_3720.JPG

IMG_3721.JPG

IMG_3722.JPG

Reactions: Mike 556
I was looking for info on 1911 mags recently. @Mike 556 says send me your info and I'll send you some mags. I send my info fully expecting him to SWAT me, cause I'm an asshole and probably deserve it... No SWAT, but 6 mags show up. Big Thank You Sir!

IMG_3718.JPG

Did a little shooting with son. That means I shot a couple mags while he burned through several hundred rds.
IMG_3726.JPG

IMG_3725.JPG

Spent a good bit of yesterday doing maintenance. Stapling where needed, straitening gates, washing out tanks.
IMG_3727.JPG

If you flip over a tank, flat rock or piece of wood around here, it's going to have one of these bitches under it.
IMG_3730.JPG

IMG_3729.JPG

Using a comparator measures off the ogive for increased measuring accuracy.
The "metplats" are usually plus or minus .002 or .003.
I bought this set a while back, Hornady makes a decent one.

R

Yep, OAL variations suck less by measuring the way that R is doing it. Your seating die seats on the ogive (or close to it), not the bullet tip. Much better way to go.

Using a comparator measures off the ogive for increased measuring accuracy.
The "metplats" are usually plus or minus .002 or .003.
I bought this set a while back, Hornady makes a decent one.

You're killing me, but thanks for the info. :LOL: The Anvil. I started using it some years ago and like it.

1525124801834.png

I've not used the anvil. Are they recessed for the primer?

lol NO!!! Who measures CBTO with a primer in? lmfao You guys are killing me. And remember, it's a Hornady product. ;) I don't think I've measured off the meplat since the 70's. :unsure: But that's got nothing to do with the Anvil. :)

1525126990795.png

lol NO!!! Who measures CBTO with a primer in? lmfao You guys are killing me. And remember, it's a Hornady product. ;) I don't think I've measured off the meplat since the 70's. :unsure: But that's got nothing to do with the Anvil. :)

View attachment 6899500

WTF. Nobody at Hornady could figure out a recess for the primer would allow accurate measurements of cartridge headspace without needing to de-prime first. That’s dumb ass hell for a group of otherwise talented people.

Reactions: 1J04
WTF. Nobody at Hornady could figure out a recess for the primer would allow accurate measurements of cartridge headspace without needing to de-prime first. That’s dumb ass hell for a group of otherwise talented people.
Most brass I've ever dealt with the primers are about .003 under flush on the head.
The above were measured with primers installed.

R

Reactions: Blair B and 1J04

You're funny today. But ONLY today. :LOL:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit: Forget the video in regards to the discussion. Just let it go. :sneaky: Now ya got me having a brain fart.

Most brass I've ever dealt with the primers are about .003 under flush on the head.
The above were measured with primers installed.

R

And there ya have it. "If", as we know, the primer is seated correctly "without" crushing the anvil of the primer, hee hee hee there's ANVIL again. Anyhow, you guys already know.

And there ya have it. "If", as we know, the primer is seated correctly "without" crushing the anvil of the primer, hee hee hee there's ANVIL again. Anyhow, you guys already know.
I can see the Anvil from Hornadybeing used with their headspace gauge for after firing. A lot of guns leave part of the primer sticking up after firing. For BTO it wouldn't be needed

Thanks, I'll try some older gold box sk. Supposed to be 20+ mph winds tomorrow so no ammo testing for the 22.

Wind howled here all afternoon. I shot my 10/22 at 100 and 135 yards. Full value at 20+ mph. I was holding 2-2.5 mils at 135 to stay on a 4” plate ?. I run Wolf ME in both 22’s whether they like it or not ?. This particular lot the Kimber Hunter loves, the 10/22 meh.

This lot of Wolf I have is filthy! Leaves little pieces of green/yellow crap all over everything. It shoots pretty decent in my Quad but has a fair amount of flyers.

I'll shoot in the wind if I know the gun will shoot. Then it's on me to make the wind call. For ammo testing I like it calm so I know what the ammo is doing and not so much what I a reading the wind.

Trying to finish planting beans so I can get back to my regular schedule of dicking off.
When I was young i would get pissed when spring rolled around the farmers show up with a corn planter rather than a bean drill. I wanted all bean fields around me to shoot ground hogs. How dare they plant corn!

Katie Grace and Kid Rock

I've been reminding her for some time now that "Luck is When Opportunity Meets Preparation".

Last night in Nashville a spark of that came to fruition.

Katie got a last minute opportunity to play a show at the Cafe at Fontanel.
She has been working on her set list of her own originals and classics from industry giants over the cold wet and seemingly endless off-season in Nashville. Sometimes playing to near empty rooms, but always with enthusiasm and grace.

The busy season is turning out to be something entirely different there. In HUGE ways!

In walks Kid Rock and a group of his friends, and Katie is on stage performing.

They stayed for several of her songs and he dropped $100 bill in her tip bucket. He's tied with me for biggest tipper now, but I'll raise the bar next time I see her play ;)

Not likely to be a career-altering moment, but it's a perfect example of what opportunities lie before her, as she continues to prepare.

before every show I remind her of the chance that someone who can make a difference will be in that audience, and that whether it's one homeless guy who wandered in from the rain or a room full of unknowns, you always give them your best show!

I'll be seeing her again in a few weeks. Can't wait!!

lOaWLMa.jpg

IIHq3Oa.jpg

Kid Rock and Caleb Caudle

I3xcDyJ.jpg

She loves to get snail mail, so I try to send her one or two small notes of encouragement or humor every week.
She found this in her mailbox yesterday. I always put something positive on the outside of the envelope.

lzgC4JG.jpg

The face of sheer joy after her incredible night

xIYSLhd.jpg

Guys, if you're ever in Nashville shoot me a PM and I'll let you know when and where she's playing.

What a great opportunity she has, as well as one hell of a supporter. You're a good man Tucker San. A good man indeed. You know good and well your unselfish and unquestionable support is priceless. Good on you for supporting her journey.

When I was young i would get pissed when spring rolled around the farmers show up with a corn planter rather than a bean drill. I wanted all bean fields around me to shoot ground hogs. How dare they plant corn!

In my case it’s because the corn obscures line of sight as it gets so tall. In my particular area, there are several large cattle feeders and they have no use for a bean. None the less, I’m shut down from mid June to early September ?

Reactions: demolitionman
Tnichols
one of my best friends from growing up in western IA raises 999 head a year (something about 1000+ with the govt) and he still rotates beans through. Smart dude. plus he has areas to shoot all the time.

Reactions: tnichols