• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Tnichols
one of my best friends from growing up in western IA raises 999 head a year (something about 1000+ with the govt) and he still rotates beans through. Smart dude. plus he has areas to shoot all the time.

He is! Crop rotation solves a lot of problems. In this case, the cow/calf and feeding operation has surpassed the ability to provide food stuffs. They don’t have the acres to support the herd. So, it’s corn on corn, year after year.

First calf of this season at my daughter's place:

Just hit the ground and mom's cleaning her up.
i-6Mm878n-X2.jpg

Woke the Cat up and she's put out by the whole thing.
i-VgMBDKb-X2.jpg

On her feet and hungry.
i-M5FMgTv-X2.jpg
Never gets old seeing that for an old farm boy like me. As my dad would say, “Cleaned off, up, and sucking “.

Just got in from a long hard day. This song just made everything right! Thank You, TB

Mike

Glad you survived the day. It must have been tough all over because I ran to Youtube to hear it just to settle down. Jesse wrote a great tune and I like her & Waylon's version, but Allison's just blows my fucking mind.

Reactions: Mike 556
I know it's maddening as hell to have a kick ass rimfire/trainer like that and can't get the joy you're seeking. Maddening, but just can't stop. :giggle: Imagine if it ended up loving Blazer? Wholly shit. :LOL:
Luckily this one isn't really for me. My trainer is a Sako Quad in a manners t4. This one is for my youngest to shoot. He wanted to move up from his little ar with irons and start shooting farther at smaller stuff with a scoped gun. I go through this with all my rimfire. Sometimes one will surprise you with whatnit likes!

Reactions: 1J04
Luckily this one isn't really for me. My trainer is a Sako Quad in a manners t4. This one is for my youngest to shoot. He wanted to move up from his little ar with irons and start shooting farther at smaller stuff with a scoped gun. I go through this with all my rimfire. Sometimes one will surprise you with whatnit likes!

Yup, and I agree with 1J’s post, I personally don’t care what it likes, as long it REALLY likes it. As mentioned earlier/above, both our 22’s get a steady diet of Wolf ME. Some lots are better than others. I’m not sure the difference between Target and Extra as I’m not a 22 guru. Seeing how they don’t give away a new Corvette at the end of the day here for dead Starling count, I’m ok with it.

Reactions: 1J04 and oneshot86
I don't really care what they like either. Always hoping it's something cheap but i have yet to buy one that like something like cci sv. A have a fair number of different ones to try in stock still.

Mike, I had a cheap scope in it for a weekend. Cash couldn't get comfortable behind. I was watching him struggle a bit. I swapped this of my 223ai when my AMG came back from Vortex. I was concerned he might not be able to see the reticle when it was all the way down on 3x but the first thing he said was, " WOW!! That's is bright!!" I asked if he could see the cross hairs and he could so for now it'll ride on here.

Some pics from the parking lot at the "office".

The BMW was last week and the lemur was a couple years ago.

41824992992_8f31f6477e_c.jpg

41150799684_73ac7b8a33_c.jpg

40969656905_b737c0d391_c.jpg

40969657265_e9f519697b_c.jpg

Reactions: 1J04
I don't really care what they like either. Always hoping it's something cheap but i have yet to buy one that like something like cci sv. A have a fair number of different ones to try in stock still.

Mike, I had a cheap scope in it for a weekend. Cash couldn't get comfortable behind. I was watching him struggle a bit. I swapped this of my 223ai when my AMG came back from Vortex. I was concerned he might not be able to see the reticle when it was all the way down on 3x but the first thing he said was, " WOW!! That's is bright!!" I asked if he could see the cross hairs and he could so for now it'll ride on here.

Good equipment pays for itself.
Some might think you're spoiling Cash, others will believe he's learning great economic lessons from dad.
Good on you brother.

Yesterday outside the Superior Court Entrance where I get to great the public during that little collateral duty. :sneaky: I know I've posted up a bunch of pics from the Courthouse, but this one just looked to good to pass up as I was staring at the Orb. :LOL:

For those of you "Mature" enough to remember, just how fitting is this when you think of "The Prisoner". :unsure:

Now I have to read a PM the equivalent of War and Peace and Mein Kampf. :ROFLMAO:

1525371916409.png

My view from last Saturday.
My daughter's high school team won State Championship in Gymnastics last weekend. That 5th in a row for her school, and third in a row for her. Just had to brag a little. My daughter is front, center, left of the trophy.

View attachment 6900377

View attachment 6900378

Congratulations Team !!!! We got ourselves one proud Pop, exactly as it should be. Good for them and damn good for you for supporting the sports activities that are so important, regardless of the sport, to help structure our young adults. Who owns this game? Baton Rouge High owns this game!!

Again, building memories of a lifetime, but more importantly "CONFIDENCE" !!!!

Congratulations Team !!!! We got ourselves one proud Pop, exactly as it should be. Good for them and damn good for you for supporting the sports activities that are so important, regardless of the sport, to help structure our young adults. Who owns this game? Baton Rouge High owns this game!!

Again, building memories of a lifetime, but more importantly "CONFIDENCE" !!!!

Thanks 1J04. It’s been a LOT of work. 2 1/2 years ago, she started on this team in a brace, on crutches, with a broken leg. She broke it during practice during the summer. I didn’t think she had a chance of competing again, but she damn sure proved me wrong. Shame on me, huh.
Actually, my daughter’s school is Caddo Magnet High School. Baton Rouge High School was the host of the tournament, and Caddo’s biggest nemesis. :D

Last edited:
Thanks 1J04. It’s been a LOT of work. 2 1/2 years ago, she started on this team in a brace, on crutches, with a broken leg. She broke it during practice during the summer. I didn’t think she had a chance of competing again, but she damn sure proved me wrong. Shame on me, huh.
Actually, my daughter’s school is Caddo Magnet High School. Baton Rouge High School was the host of the tournament, and Caddo’s biggest nemesis. :D

I apologize Brother. I took it for granted of course due to the Trophy. A LOT OF WORK. *Me with a big shit eating grin* Yes, a lot of work. It's not easy, that's for sure. I love NOTHING more than to see PARENTS involved in their kids lives. It's disgusting I even have to say that like it's some kind of oddity, but it is now. I don't have time, nor would it make sense, to type out everything we all know. Parental involvement is NOT the norm anymore. Regardless, kudos again to you and yours. My eldest destroyed, and i mean DESTROYED his Radius and Ulna in High School during a Football game. That kid carries two horrific scars from the sports surgeon who was the sports surgeon for the LA Lakers and the Sacramento Kings. He still has his plates in, just like his ole man, :LOL: but you shoulda seen how he bounced back. Gotta be amazed at how some of our young'ns bounce back and determined not to be held back by an inevitable bump in the road.

Good equipment pays for itself.
Some might think you're spoiling Cash, others will believe he's learning great economic lessons from dad.
Good on you brother.
Thanks, practice with good equipment can make for better practice. Buzz has gotten the same treatment. Jamie too ?

Reactions: Barneybdb
Yesterday outside the Superior Court Entrance where I get to great the public during that little collateral duty. :sneaky: I know I've posted up a bunch of pics from the Courthouse, but this one just looked to good to pass up as I was staring at the Orb. :LOL:

For those of you "Mature" enough to remember, just how fitting is this when you think of "The Prisoner". :unsure:

Now I have to read a PM the equivalent of War and Peace and Mein Kampf. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 6900388
Man I spent a lot of time in that place lol. As a kid I must add. Grandma was risk manager and grandpa was department of public works. Got to go in all the secret places in that court house?

Man I spent a lot of time in that place lol. As a kid I must add. Grandma was risk manager and grandpa was department of public works. Got to go in all the secret places in that court house?

Quite the cavern in there ain't it? 5/5 will be my 21st year running around that majestic building. It never gets old. Simply amazing structure.

Visited my primary care physician for the first time in two years today. I know, I've been slacking. Drove down to between Mantua and Mill Creek and got some ribs from my spot. Beautiful day, and then sort of wistful when I realized where we had parked.

On the way, 'coz sometimes you just can't pass up that snapper. You know how it is.

VxLnSUV.jpg

Sugared soda, coz there ain't no diabetes in the 'hood.

bc9Ngvq.jpg

My partner in crime, and the sides. The place makes Southern Comfort Cake to die for, but I'm trying to forget that.

cWAahPd.jpg

Heart attack in my lap, long pork ribs in spicy BBQ sauce rub, mac n' cheese, and the best greens in Philly. These people burn. I first went in '79.

FeQewiv.jpg

And then I noticed this. I sort of felt like we were being watched over by the departed, and felt a bit of sadness that they couldn't enjoy this themselves.

0LP0MzZ.jpg

Four years ago, they might well have been. From 2014:

ambwcDX.png

Cq2xG43.png

Last edited: