• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

1J04

Lost Squirrel
Minuteman
  • Aug 7, 2011
    PNW WA
    Let's get this going Guy's. Gotta lot of stuff to put up. Busy wet day.

xal3eIv.jpg

My view today is basically snow, tundra and more snow. But my view next weekend will be more fun! Headed to Cheboygan, Michigan to pick up the remnants of a Civil War Cannon that I just bought, as a pile of debris, in a barn. Wood is mostly rotted, but the patterns are there. And the hardware is there down to the last bolt. Rusted, but it's there. Been looking for one of these barn finds for years!

Road trip Friday/Sat/Sun!!!

I'll post my view across Canada to get to Sault St. Marie (which I've always wanted to see) and down the U.P. and to pick up the cannon and then home. I have been needing some windshield therapy! I can't wait!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Still don't know how to create a Tagline, so this will have to do....

My view today is basically snow, tundra and more snow. But my view next weekend will be more fun! Headed to Cheboygan, Michigan to pick up the remnants of a Civil War Cannon that I just bought, as a pile of debris, in a barn. Wood is mostly rotted, but the patterns are there. And the hardware is there down to the last bolt. Rusted, but it's there. Been looking for one of these barn finds for years!

I'll post my view across Canada to get to Sault St. Marie (which I've always wanted to see) and down the U.P. and to pick up the cannon and then home. I have been needing some windshield therapy! I can't wait!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Can't wait to see the Epic Views of this journey. Post up when; ya can. This is gonna be good.

Reactions: 338dude
    Would love to see the face customs makes when you tell them your cargo!

Already thought of that... coming home through I75 and Cleveland... It's a 5 hours longer trip, but I don't think Canadian Customs has any sense of humor when it comes to artillery!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Cheers,

Sirhr

Hmmm...this sounds really interesting! Sounds worthy of its own thread, for sure.

Reactions: 338dude
    Water has gone down. Life has returned to normal. Elk are back out in the fields that were flooded last few days. Getting their Nom on.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/yatyeEX.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Had a Cow and a few Calfs try to play chipmunk crossing the road on the way in. No !!! Stay right there.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/Ty3NoWs.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Reactions: abizdafuzz
    I tried mine through Photobucket the way I always have on my iPad, but it just showed up as the link "code". Looks like you had a good day fishing.

During the Flood Thursday this herd just down the road from my place decided to bug out. I don't do the Faceplant thing, but it's the only link I can find to the vid.

https://www.facebook.com/weathergalsal/videos/1610163269008822/

tnichols, I'm using Imgur to post my pics. Seems to be no issue with their site while posting up. I'd get an account there so you can get your cooking pick up. That's a great pic.

This morning coming in. Crisp 28 out, but absolutely gorgeous.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/ScdqniG.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Water is finally off my road. But not by much.

Oycm8fn.jpg

LhDcroz.jpg

BxyW3Wg.jpg

suPygk2.jpg

D59YHqz.jpg

Coming into town I see some mental giant didn't believe the roads were a sheet of ice. Launched himself into the Cattails ON A STRAIGHT STRETCH !!!!! Imagine?

4yTvB04.jpg

And entering the BIG TOWN. :cool:

VbnsMUQ.jpg

Fkzjfey.jpg

That's all I got for ya right now. Hope ya enjoy'm.

son of a bitch, i feel like a new man, not...
    back still hurts, my pecker is still too big...
    but thanks for the welcome homeboy...
    frank had ta hold my hand to my first day to class...

Reactions: 1J04
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/Byx4beW.jpg"}[/IMG2]

More of a test pic. Trying to work around an issue posting pics.

son of a bitch, i feel like a new man, not...
    back still hurts, my pecker is still too big...
    but thanks for the welcome homeboy...
    frank had ta hold my hand to my first day to class...

You so lucky. Are his hands as soft as everyone sez? ;)

IMG_3596.JPG Ok, per 1J04's request, here is yesterday's view. I'm running the smoker late afternoon and the wife is teasing me about my uniform. Apparently she feels most world class chefs don't cook in overalls replete with a basting brush, meat thermometer, and a can of snoose. There was also concern that an adult beverage was not included in the photo. Trust me, there were a few, I mean several,...well, a lot.

Thanks for putting that up over here tnichols. That's a great uniform of the day for your endeavor. ;)

Leaving the Homestead I had to stop and take this one this morning. Sent it to the Mrs with a mushy Valentines Day note. Chivalry is not dead. :cool:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/KsFwcF3.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Very Nice !!! What cal and bullet? Details, gotta give some details. ;)

Nope, just put 2 on it. I had put 4 on the 655 yd target 30 degrees to the left of it and was out.

AIAE Mk III 20" 308
    NF ATACR 5-25
    175 SMK over 43.2 gr of RE15
    Lapua brass
    Trues out at 2584 fps

Pretty basic rig and load.

Reactions: hseII and 1J04
    Thanks. Usually with my shitty wind calling skills, my targets look like they've been raked by a Thompson at 15 yards. I can hold the waterline, but seeing/feeling a 1-2 mph change at that range, uh no.

1J04, Where do you live? you have some beautiful country side in all of your pictures.

this is the view from this past weekend. i doubt yall want to see my office i am at today.

BHR21Ng.jpg

xF7qKtq.jpg

Thank you for your appreciation of the shots. I'm a few miles east of the mouth of the Columbia River on the Washington side. Grew up on the Olympic Peninsula (Clallam Bay) and this area is just as beautiful as there in it's own way.
    That's a great pit, good looking Dog, and I take my Steak Medium Rare. ;) Thanks for sharing a piece of Texas with us. Don't be shy posting some pics up. We'll appreciate your view possibly more than you know. What we sometimes take for granted I'm certain others don't. Fun to see other members areas of operation. :p
    Have a great day folks. We're getting ready to flood one more time more than likely this afternoon. Oh well.

Right now the view isn't so great.
    Sitting in line waiting to pick up a youngun.

However, the weather is kick ass as hell.

Attachments

• photo46921.jpg
      photo46921.jpg
      26.8 KB · Views: 264
    Vegas trip reposted!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1055.photobucket.com\/albums\/s508\/gbmaryland\/IMG_1330_zps7emxwy0z.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Attachments

• photo46952.jpg
      photo46952.jpg
      45.5 KB · Views: 291
    Last edited:
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Clark County Range Parking Lot View","src":"http:\/\/i1055.photobucket.com\/albums\/s508\/gbmaryland\/IMG_1331_zpsqskky76n.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Attachments

• photo46953.jpg
      photo46953.jpg
      32.4 KB · Views: 296
    Last edited:
    I thought I'd take a quit cat nap, but Noooooo! The crows had to start making a bunch of noise and my finger got all itchy.
    I had probable caws.

There was a fourth, but I didn't get all of him and he went hobbling off through the woods. Owls gotta eat too.

HnHZJV2.jpg

STuZSzN.jpg

I thought I'd take a quit cat nap, but Noooooo! The crows had to start making a bunch of noise and my finger got all itchy.
    I had probable caws.

There was a fourth, but I didn't get all of him and he went hobbling off through the woods. Owls gotta eat too.

HnHZJV2.jpg

STuZSzN.jpg

Three out of four ain't bad.
    Still a murder of crows...

R

Reactions: StealthOwl
    I had probable caws.

HnHZJV2.jpg

STuZSzN.jpg

Nice Tucker! I do that at home in the spring when we are invaded by Starlings. Multiple hides setup about the house with scoped 22's. A lot of fun!

IMG_3609.JPG So I'm in recurrent training for 4 days. Usually in class I set up my training iPad and personal iPad. Fire up my personal device so I can sneak a peak at the Hide every now and then, and this is my view. No bueno!

Greetings from Michigan's UP.... I'm in St. Ignited or St. Iguana or something like that. But have a hell of a view out of my hotel window. Lake Huron is 50 feet from the back door!

16819155_1082621225217857_6910317203472325031_o.jpg

The drive out through Sudbury, On. and Sault St. Marie was what I'd call MMFT... Miles and miles of f%$#@ing tundra. Damn what do people do up here for a living? Never mind. Don't answer that.

But the drive across the Locks at Sault St. Marie was spectacular. I've wanted to see that since I read Paddle To The Sea (my favorite book as a very, very young boy).... and it was very cool to get there at sunset.

16715885_1082621998551113_2903335580634159695_o.jpg
    Heading up the bridge. Took forever to cross because I was behind some Ontario turd burglar in a VW Golf taking selfies of himself all the way across. At 15 MPH. Oh well, made it easier for me to take pictures of the landscape. Guilty officer...

16707287_1082622385217741_6190229552885746200_o.jpg

Back to the USA! I think that one on the left means that there is a Tim Hortons ahead. Not sure. There is always one of those flags over a Donut shop. Must be an International Symbol or something (Sorry, Sean.... I can't help myself).

16826060_1082623068551006_5613638579554961302_o.jpg

The locks at Sault St. Marie. Must be really cool when the big lakers are going through.... I sense a motorcycle trip here in my future.

Tomorrow, the unearthing of cannon bits begins!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I don't have a tag line yet, eh???

Reactions: Tucker301
    On the way home. Had to capture this amazing evening. This is how it played out from 2 different angle's.

ufLhBq1b.jpg

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/CHFrrir.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/t5Krmvy.jpg"}[/IMG2]
    NqlNL8p.jpg

ntOKk1J.jpg

Awesome shot sir. Gotta run over to the reloading section to catch up on your progress with the room...........

slacker. :rolleyes:

So I'm in recurrent training for 4 days. Usually in class I set up my training iPad and personal iPad. Fire up my personal device so I can sneak a peak at the Hide every now and then, and this is my view. No bueno!

damn commies.

So I'm in recurrent training for 4 days. Usually in class I set up my training iPad and personal iPad. Fire up my personal device so I can sneak a peak at the Hide every now and then, and this is my view. No bueno!

I'd be throwing a conniption fit, and probably the cup full of.......
    I feel your pain brother.
    ;)