• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

I had just starting sipping last night when I got a call from my neighbor.
Caroline, the female of the twins with cerebral palsy (Riley's sister) was in dire shape. She'd vomited after dinner. That in itself is not unusual for her, but there was a reddish orange gelatinous mass that didn't resemble anything she'd just eaten. Reason for concern. Serious concern.

They were preparing to rush her to the ER, but they needed someone to watch the younger set of twins until grandma got there.
Of course we said yes, and my wife and I rushed over within minutes.

The latest on Caroline is that the mass was clotted blood. Anyone who hunts knows what it looks like. Mixed with her food, which is liquid nutrition, it made the ugly mess they'd seen.
They're still running tests to figure out what's going on, but she is stable for now. They did have to give her some blood.

The younger twin girls are an absolute joy!
We sat on the couch and watch Paw Patrol with them - my first ever Paw Patrol episode. We talked and showed them how I could wiggle my nose. That trick always gets the little ones. They are not identical twins. Abby is the little one and for whatever reason, she and I have bonded. She squeezed up close to me and laid her head on my chest, wrapping her tiny arms around my arm. I. AM. TOAST! She's got me wrapped. Sign the papers. I'm hers.

Grandma showed up soon enough and we were thanked profusely and relieved of our posts.

He is a state trooper, and was supposed to be going to Charlottesville to keep the Neo-Nazis and the Antifas from killing each other again this weekend. Obviously that didn't happen.
I wish these assholes realized that the people who protect them from each other and from themselves are people too. They don't care. They need to be loud and ... whatever... fuck them!

I was asked to feed the animals this morning in his absence. he texted me instructions and I rode the Polaris over and took care of it.
As I rode by the house, I looked up and saw the girls at the window watching me and waving. When I went around the house they hopped from window to window to watch and wave.

When I was done with the feeding and watering, I went to the door and asked if they'd like to go back to my place and "help" me feed the fish.
Like Christmas had come early! They were jubilant!

So we rode back over to my place and we fed the fish, and then they picked some flowers to take back Gam-Gam to thank her for looking after them.

On the way back, the little one, the one who has me wrapped, was singing something. Not Paw Patrol or Sesame Street. Something familiar....

"In their head, in their head.... they are fighting." "In their head, in their head... they are dying...."

This 4 year old in 2018 was singing "Zombie" by the Cranberries!

I told the dad that he was crushing the parenting game. He said this is the version she likes.

Prayers for Caroline.

Onions Tuck.........Good on you (y)(y)(y)

edit: I missed the bottom video........."dem Boots" !!! :cool:

Hi,

Well I should have bigger muscles tomorrow right?? Since this is dinner....

20180808_190811.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Tucker

That is just a slice of heaven. I have always been a sucker for kids. Their innocence and untainted love is so beautiful.

God is just giving you a freebie down here. That kind of time with those kids is priceless.

Will for sure be praying.

A day on Nelsons spring creek starts a with a good breakfast.
View attachment 6930343
Then some sorting of flys and casting instruction.
View attachment 6930344View attachment 6930345

A quick trip to visit with author and all around great fellow Ben O Williams
View attachment 6930346

Then this is for 1J, the obligatory fish pic!
View attachment 6930349

We'll go out this afternoon and fish the little Sulphurs for two or three hrs, then marinated Cornell barbecue chicken for dinner washed down with some scotch!

Brother that’s good stuff!!!? makes me a little home sick though? Crew Of family preparing to take on the hay fields or fencing on the range etc... Didn’t know what a bait pole was till I moved to AZ?

Reactions: Mike 556
Also my buddy with my old truck has and is working his magic in the rear suspension set up.. this things going to be nice or at least to me anyways.pkus the engine test fit. I can not thank my buddy enough for the work he has done.

Attachments

• IMG_20180805_190941003.jpg
    IMG_20180805_190941003.jpg
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20180805_190934538.jpg
    IMG_20180805_190934538.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20180807_192337312_LL.jpg
    IMG_20180807_192337312_LL.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Somebody was complaining elsewhere about not enough K-BILLY ...

Well I finally drank the coolaid and picked up a Ruger Precision. It’s cambered in 6mm creedmore. Now to mount a scope and start building a load. View attachment 6931044

Have had my Gen 1 since 16', a .243. It's on it's 3rd barrel, and that's at 600+ rounds. Ebayed the factory butt stock, installed a XLR tactical. Made a world of difference. Few other modifications, still has the factory trigger.

$800, good catch. Enjoy.

Reactions: RNWRKNP and canman
Get it for $799? Hard to resist at that price
Actually was 786 from buds guns.
For some reason my LRI bolt knob will not screw onto the bolt handle? I’m not sure why. It will go on a couple thread and then lock up. It’s not cross threaded either.
Also my seekins ring I had won’t work. Looks like I need to order a taller set.

Actually was 786 from buds guns.
For some reason my LRI bolt knob will not screw onto the bolt handle? I’m not sure why. It will go on a couple thread and then lock up. It’s not cross threaded either.
Also my seekins ring I had won’t work. Looks like I need to order a taller set.

He who dies with the fullest odds and ends drawer wins.

Isn’t that the truth. Ordered the correct rings. Guess I get to wait to shoot it. Oh well got a lot of packing to do. New house closes the 4th of September.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Isn’t that the truth. Ordered the correct rings. Guess I get to wait to shoot it. Oh well got a lot of packing to do. New house closes the 4th of September.

Just trying to finish up the last of that particular hell myself. I keep on telling myself, no more summer moves.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Just to update - Caroline is home!
I went over yesterday again and fed the critters for them, and they brought her home late yesterday.
It was hot yesterday, but when the little ones saw me out there feeding they dashed outside to greet me and to inquire about feeding the fish again.

I promised them that we'd do it later in the evening, when things were cooling off a bit. Made a promise that if they took their naps as directed by grandma that they would get to ride the ATV and help feed the fish again.

They held their end of the bargain up so I ventured over to collect them.
Caroline was sitting in her wheelchair and looking very content. I went over and greeted her - "Hey pretty girl! Welcome home!"
She smiled a big old smile. She can understand people but cannot communicate otherwise except through expressions and emotions. Clearly she was happy to be back home!

Loaded up the girls and brought them back over to my place. They wanted to see another "secret" path, so we took one of the trails that go through the woods instead of the one by the highway. I have nearly two miles of intersecting trails on the place, most of which are through the hardwoods.

Fish fed...

Hands properly "cleaned". LOL

And we headed back over to their place.
About halfway back, the one who I'd indicated already had me wrapped around her finger speaks up and says, "I love you Scott". The the other one chimes in, "I love you too Scott".
So yeah, stick a fork in me - I'm done! LOL

Got back to the house and went inside.
These people AMAZE me!
Two special needs children. Two bundles of boundless energy and curiosity. Cows, chickens, ducks, goats, and a completely ridiculous 150 pound toddler of a Saint Bernard that thinks it's still a 12 pound baby. The husband is still scheduled to go to Charlottesville for the weekend to help keep the assholes from killing each other. They just spent two days and one night in the hospital with Caroline ... and they've setup and begun canning tomatoes in the kitchen when we get back. WOW! Relax is not in their vocabulary!
I get exhausted just watching them.

Sweet Caroline - Home and happy in Momma's arms!

38775470_2030197973659690_8390512405678915584_n.jpg

Stopped at the Bullfrog Creek Brewery to have a couple of beers with Rebecca.
I'm having the beer in the girly glass. It's called stuck in the mangroves. 8.3%

Rebecca's is Alafia wheat.
That's her in the black jeans.

Cherry the pooch liked my beer more

Anything good from the Viet truck?

Stopped at the Bullfrog Creek Brewery to have a couple of beers with Rebecca.
I'm having the beer in the girly glass. It's called stuck in the mangroves. 8.3%

Rebecca's is Alafia wheat.
That's her in the black jeans.

Cherry the pooch liked my beer moreView attachment 6931334View attachment 6931335View attachment 6931336
Funny you say that about the snifter. First time I tried Kentucky Bourbon barrel ale, I was pretty drunk and they gave it to me in a glass like that. I made a big seen on how I won't drink out of a douche bag glass. Jamie got pretty embarrassed and pretended she didn't know me ?

Funny you say that about the snifter. First time I tried Kentucky Bourbon barrel ale, I was pretty drunk and they gave it to me in a glass like that. I made a big seen on how I won't drink out of a douche bag glass. Jamie got pretty embarrassed and pretended she didn't know me ?

The beer tasted good in the little sample glass but the snifter was better by a long shot.
I have cheap wine glasses at home, and the hand blown ones we drink from.
Night and day difference in them.

I find it very interesting how the glass can make the drink. Especially with the more powerful flavoured (for Barney) drinks. I love the powerful pale ales in a snifter as such.
My non-fancy glass is empty and it is nye time I cease my posting, as I am afraid Veer will lose his shit with my drunken grammar and spelling.

Momma has some premium wine glasses we will enjoy some Stag’s Leap Artemis in in a couple weeks. Moses the Tank turned me on to it in the Nom Nom thread around Christmas time.

Threadcutter, I think he mixed that AE with coke. I will ask for forgiveness for you BigDaddy, for committing such blasphemy.......?

Well it was sipping the AE then coke got thrown in the mix late.. I'll be honest, it's some good stuff ether way!

I find it very interesting how the glass can make the drink. Especially with the more powerful flavoured (for Barney) drinks. I love the powerful pale ales in a snifter as such.
My non-fancy glass is empty and it is nye time I cease my posting, as I am afraid Veer will lose his shit with my drunken grammar and spelling.

Momma has some premium wine glasses we will enjoy some Stag’s Leap Artemis in in a couple weeks. Moses the Tank turned me on to it in the Nom Nom thread around Christmas time.

Threadcutter, I think he mixed that AE with coke. I will ask for forgiveness for you BigDaddy, for committing such blasphemy.......?

Thanks Powda, but I'm Irish......I'll drink just about anything, twice/thrice even. Give it a try neat, it's sippin' stuff, but it's really good.....and I'm not even a Bourbon fan.

Funny you mention the glassware, I'm not only Irish, but I'm pretty redneck/red solo cup too. But.....If you are a beer fan, I'd suggest trying Chimay Blue and buy some of their goblets to drink it out of. Actually, anything Chimay is pretty damn good. Like I said, I'm redneck, but I swear it tastes better from their goblets. Chilled goblets are better. 1/2 inch of head is the perfect pour. Zee Chermans always rinse their glasses upside down with fresh water, then pour the beer into the glasses/goblets. They don't make a point of pouring it cold, I think 42 F is about where they pour it. I used to taste the "watered down" beer (from the remaining water), but the more I drank of it, the more I came to really enjoy it. Now, I can't drink anything out of a glass without rinsing it out with fresh water first, because I really believe I can taste the remnants of detergent/soap. The Germans rinse to get rid of the remnants, because it kills the carbonization/head. The more I drink of European beer, the more I am convinced they are right. I'm not at all a beer/wine/liquor snob, I just think there really is something to the proper preparation/presentation.

Cheers !!! ;):cool::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Threadcutter, my neck is redder than the A on the dress in Gone With the Wind...... and I do drink most of my beer from a can.
I also have a palate for more refined and complex tastes. Most enjoyed best other than a can or plastic cup.
I like squirrel with grits and Bud in a can at times, as well as a gourmet dinner with a price tag that rivals a car payment.

As one of my close friends always says, “I can’t just put you in one category, you are either really cool or really crazy.”
I figure more of the latter since I hang out with all you deplorable screwballs......

Its a wild ride, life is too short to worry too much about this stuff as we have more pressing matters such as the communists.

Oh man, I gotta party with you more!

I moved to Idaho a week ago. Had to take a hit on the comfort side of my standard of living, but the adventure and beauty elements went up.

Drove to the end of the road I live on yesterday morning, saw a sign "Trail to lake," 1.5 hours later the dog and I were enjoying a dip here. We were back home by noon.

lake1.JPG

An evolving list of chores, motor-home repairs and a job hunt means these will have to wait for a week or 2. Still scouting public land for places to put the larger 2 out to 1000 yds, the smaller 2 will just be for 22LR.

targets1.JPG

You don't know what you're missin buddy? Come on down
Sometime!

I've stumbled upon a couple mixes that would make my bourbon aficionados less than pleased but I enjoy lots of different stuff.

Makers mark and Barq's rootbeer is one

Beam rye and sweet tea is another.

I can't honestly remember the last time whiskey saw a glass at my house. I'm the only one that drinks it and i like it neat. Now a good stout on the other hand requires a glass.

I had just starting sipping last night when I got a call from my neighbor.
Caroline, the female of the twins with cerebral palsy (Riley's sister) was in dire shape. She'd vomited after dinner. That in itself is not unusual for her, but there was a reddish orange gelatinous mass that didn't resemble anything she'd just eaten. Reason for concern. Serious concern.

They were preparing to rush her to the ER, but they needed someone to watch the younger set of twins until grandma got there.
Of course we said yes, and my wife and I rushed over within minutes.

The latest on Caroline is that the mass was clotted blood. Anyone who hunts knows what it looks like. Mixed with her food, which is liquid nutrition, it made the ugly mess they'd seen.
They're still running tests to figure out what's going on, but she is stable for now. They did have to give her some blood.

The younger twin girls are an absolute joy!
We sat on the couch and watch Paw Patrol with them - my first ever Paw Patrol episode. We talked and showed them how I could wiggle my nose. That trick always gets the little ones. They are not identical twins. Abby is the little one and for whatever reason, she and I have bonded. She squeezed up close to me and laid her head on my chest, wrapping her tiny arms around my arm. I. AM. TOAST! She's got me wrapped. Sign the papers. I'm hers.

Grandma showed up soon enough and we were thanked profusely and relieved of our posts.

He is a state trooper, and was supposed to be going to Charlottesville to keep the Neo-Nazis and the Antifas from killing each other again this weekend. Obviously that didn't happen.
I wish these assholes realized that the people who protect them from each other and from themselves are people too. They don't care. They need to be loud and ... whatever... fuck them!

I was asked to feed the animals this morning in his absence. he texted me instructions and I rode the Polaris over and took care of it.
As I rode by the house, I looked up and saw the girls at the window watching me and waving. When I went around the house they hopped from window to window to watch and wave.

When I was done with the feeding and watering, I went to the door and asked if they'd like to go back to my place and "help" me feed the fish.
Like Christmas had come early! They were jubilant!

So we rode back over to my place and we fed the fish, and then they picked some flowers to take back Gam-Gam to thank her for looking after them.

On the way back, the little one, the one who has me wrapped, was singing something. Not Paw Patrol or Sesame Street. Something familiar....

"In their head, in their head.... they are fighting." "In their head, in their head... they are dying...."

This 4 year old in 2018 was singing "Zombie" by the Cranberries!

I told the dad that he was crushing the parenting game. He said this is the version she likes.

Prayers for Caroline.

Good on you and yours Tucker. Always a good read with a helping hand ??