• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

I hate most sealed bearing. Of course, most of the time they crap out on me on the road is because it wasn’t a sealed unit and the idiot in charge of living their ride didn’t do their job...?‍♂️

I hate most sealed bearing. Of course, most of the time they crap out on me on the road is because it wasn’t a sealed unit and the idiot in charge of living their ride didn’t do their job...?‍♂️

On most of our vehicles and farm equipment, sealed bearings do last longer. The most common factor on grease units is overgreasing and blowing the seals, letting junk in, btw greasings. Picker and combine get greased every day. Bush hog driveshafts same deal. All about the maintenance.

Baby treager is doing much better job keeping temp now. Giving the steaks from
The local butch another chance. Last one was pretty chewy...
image.jpg

No pics.

Just hanging out with momma today.

Did a few things such as cleaning off the front porch (involved the hose), killing weeds that keep popping up in the driveway and spraying all the cracks with Ortho Ground Clear.

Working outside and sweating in the cast sucks beyond imagination. I did a few errands and now keep driving momma crazy with my antics.

Headed to supper at a pizza place that employs a lot of folks with MR and Downs. With a couple retarded cousins who really have benefited from gainful employment, this has a special place for me.
Probably qualifies as virtue signaling to a few and ask me if I care.....

Y’all have fun and be safe!

I miss snappin beans for canning and schuckin enough corn to get blisters.

Still have my grandad’s schuckin hook in a special box of grandparent memorabilia.

So dang awesome when you have that corn or those beans in late Feb and they taste better than anything available at Kroger......

Turns out, I live within 40 minutes of not 1 but 2 awesome mountain bike parks. I hit Fay Pickering today.
This is the view when I got there:
FB3DA545-56A4-4051-884A-620F05D26061.jpeg

The trails start out mirroring the perimeter of the lake:
FBACAE0B-DF8B-4EAE-B9CD-C591612160CD.jpeg
0035E8E6-C876-41F7-9232-4AF1A3B38DF8.jpeg

This place is very nice. I'm a beginner so the trails offered numerous places where I could kill myself. My brakes work extremely well by the way and are probably my favorite part of this bike.
570167DD-1E0B-47B0-9AE0-94919E991DB6.jpeg
0810DEED-42AB-434B-B963-8EFB09384419.jpeg

For the first time, I actually locked them up in full panic mode. The trail had turned away from the lake and was headed back towards the beginning. It was flowing very well and I was in probably 7th gear, felt like I was flying, having a ball. Then the ground disappeared up ahead. In a span of about 20 yards, the trail dropped and came back up approximately 15 feet. I didn't even think to get a picture. I was just glad those fat tires grabbed and got me stopped. Anyway, after riding one park Friday and checking this one out today, I'm beat.
The view back to the truck:
1D9AFAB8-15AB-4C53-9E88-CBA06637A6A0.jpeg

The lake view:
96BF1F81-689A-4CAD-9CD5-CF9D68A06862.jpeg

That is nice looking sweet corn. Did you grow it and is it Peaches and Cream?
Can remember the variety.
This is RR ready btw.
We used to be big on Honey and Pearl before the RR versions came along.
It is very similar to Honey and Pearl.
Buddy grew this, 16 rows by 250 foot makes a fair piece of sweet corn.

R

This is RR ready btw.

R

Those ears look huge compared to the Peaches and Cream variety that I've seen.

This is RR ready btw.

R
That is nice looking stuff. Corn will be thin and hard to come by here this year. Cold, wet spring and now in dire need of measurable rain. Commercial corn in our area looks great or terrible depending on when it got put in. We put up applesauce the other night. Had a fair amount.

I miss snappin beans for canning and schuckin enough corn to get blisters.

Still have my grandad’s schuckin hook in a special box of grandparent memorabilia.

So dang awesome when you have that corn or those beans in late Feb and they taste better than anything available at Kroger......
If our green beans are any good we are looking to put some up.
Crazy rain year pushed the garden back more than a little.

R

Geezus that looks GOOD !!!! I don't need no Butter, Salt, Pepper, NOTHING. Just gimme the Sweet Corn Baby!!!! I can eat that till I pass out. Great Pics Art !!!

You got the El Train so focused on the corn he seems to be ignoring the propane burner for the moment. That must be some powerful juju.

My "no picture today" view,

for the third time was the error message on the portable AC

in the camper, that means,

the 5 year old Soleus 8000 is freezing up....

and, it was hot and humid about, mildly annoying that Mr. AC wasnt perking cold air.

And that really doesnt make working on a broken bulldozer track idler any fun.

SO, Brother Maggie's Hider peeples, do any of you have a portable upright AC you just love to death, and would recommend me looking at to replace Mr. No perk ??

Or, do you have one you hate worse than three ex-wives AND their hateful mothers that you would tell me to avoid at all costs ???

Thanks in advance Guyz.

Reactions: Barneybdb

and, it was hot and humid about, mildly annoying that Mr. AC wasnt perking cold air.

SO, Brother Maggie's Hider peeples, do any of you have a portable upright AC you just love to death, and would recommend me looking at to replace Mr. No perk ??

Or, do you have one you hate worse than three ex-wives AND their hateful mothers that you would tell me to avoid at all costs ???

Thanks in advance Guyz.
Have been using a Black and Decker 12k version in my shop all summer.
Reasonably quiet and kicks out the cold air.
Remote is handy as well.

R

Reactions: 1J04 and j-huskey

Thanks in advance Guyz.
I’ll see what we use in our ticket boxes. They are uninsulated and 2/3 plexiglass. They do a decent job and run a lot!

No rooftop a/c?

Reactions: j-huskey
Have been using a Black and Decker 12k version in my shop all summer.
Reasonably quiet and kicks out the cold air.
Remote is handy as well.

R

Thanks much, have been looking at the 10 and 12, they look really nice. Wanted some of this crews advice, always some good feedback here.

@j-huskey
Me and the wife are headed to LA on Thursday.
I have a right new floor unit that I'm not happy with, maybe I just don't know how to set it up. My next trick was to rig a drain on it, but they say the water helps them run?
Anyway I put in a window unit that's working a little better.
I can't remember the BTU on this one, but Its rated for 400sf I believe.

Bought this in May and only run it while I sleep in the daytime.
I can probably talk the wife into gratis.
Don't know how close I'll be passing by you.

I’ll see what we use in our ticket boxes. They are uninsulated and 2/3 plexiglass. They do a decent job and run a lot!

No rooftop a/c?

Right now, thanks to county not fixing road, us not through fixing it ourselves, and the thief problem, its easier to carry the Honda EU2000 and portable ac than it is to take the 7000 and 1" power cable and set it up for the rooftop unit.
Camper was set up to stay at the field and range several years back and thug life has found it a couple of times. Both times the 7 was at the house for service... blessed, not lucky. No longer leave it set up there. It's a pita....

Doesnt pay to get run over by a truck (2000), broken neck, or go off a bridge under a Yamaha rhino, 14' to thump (2007), and have a generator u cant load by yourself anymore (the 7), and be stubborn and keep trying to do stuff by yourself sometimes, there are times there aren't enough of us to go around. Got real spoiled by the 2000 and portable ac.
So....... I b looking for a new one I can still handle by myself.

Rhino story is how to f up Valentine's day for you, your sniper partner, my female and his female, and spend 13 hours in the ER, with everybody really hungry for that grilled food that didn't get grilled...... took grumpy woman about 5 years to get over that... ???

• Sad
Right now, thanks to county not fixing road, us not through fixing it ourselves, and the thief problem, its easier to carry the Honda EU2000 and portable ac than it is to take the 7000 and 1" power cable and set it up for the rooftop unit.
Camper was set up to stay at the field and range several years back and thug life has found it a couple of times. Both times the 7 was at the house for service... blessed, not lucky. No longer leave it set up there. It's a pita....

Doesnt pay to get run over by a truck (2000), broken neck, or go off a bridge under a Yamaha rhino, 14' to thump (2007), and have a generator u cant load by yourself anymore (the 7), and be stubborn and keep trying to do stuff by yourself sometimes, there are times there aren't enough of us to go around. Got real spoiled by the 2000 and portable ac.
So....... I b looking for a new one I can still handle by myself.

Rhino story is how to f up Valentine's day for you, your sniper partner, my female and his female, and spend 13 hours in the ER, with everybody really hungry for that grilled food that didn't get grilled...... took grumpy woman about 5 years to get over that... ???
They make a soft start for rooftop units that will let a 2000 run them... look into it

@j-huskey
I have a right new floor unit that I'm not happy with, maybe I just don't know how to set it up. My next trick was to rig a drain on it, but they say the water helps them run?

Appreciate the gratis offer, would want to pay, keep your wife happy, happier, somehow.

I'm 17 miles due south of the cow college and 55 miles east of Montgomery. 35 West of ft. Benning.

@j-huskey

'cept.....this time of year, you probably won't be able to get close to C&O, particularly on weekends. Traffic is hideous.

Where you gonna be ?

(Oh, shit.........you're talking about LA, not LA, aren't you ?....... :unsure: ???)

Last edited:
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
They make a soft start for rooftop units that will let a 2000 run them... look into it

This is a Katrina FEMA home, 50 amp service, that can run a.c. on the 7 at 35 amps with adaptor. Theres a lot of f'd up stuff on those FEMA units, will look up the possibility of soft start, thanks.

'cept.....this time of year, you probably won't be able to get close to C&O, particularly on weekends. Traffic is hideous.

Where you gonna be ?

(Oh, shit.........you're talking about LA, not LA, aren't you ?....... :unsure: ???

U n 1J been in the brandy agin brother ? ?????

My trailer that I live in 6 months a year has 50 amp service. I run on 30, 1/2 the season. Im on 30 this week, running 2 ac units. I run a coffee pot in the morning too. Microwave doesn’t trip the breaker eithee

Reactions: j-huskey
Appreciate the gratis offer, would want to pay, keep your wife happy, happier, somehow.

I'm 17 miles due south of the cow college and 55 miles east of Montgomery. 35 West of ft. Benning.

I'll run it by her in the morning. She don't like having stuff sitting around in the way, so won't take much convincing. I don't think it'll be too far out of the way if at all. Get to see more land for sale signs along the way.
I'll try and double check it's rating. Pretty sure it's an LG.