• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

20190810_151647.jpg

We swam, we played, we got haircuts, we built robots and Daddy build a wall so yeah. I'm not sure how he came up with the wall idea but he loved knocking it down.

Got sick of unloading boxes today. After church I called L., "lets go shoot gophers". We loaded our .17 Hummers in the Ranger and headed North. Pic of my CZ 455 setup:

P8110482.JPG

Brought along the Ruger .22 just for fun

P8110483.JPG

Managed to pop one gopher with it. Here's L. with his Ruger HMR
P8110484.JPG

He did O.K for having 76 year old eyes and a Simmons POS scope. Lastly, the killing field;

P8110485.JPG

Shots ranged from 30 to 75 yards, wind at our backs, shooting downhill. Pretty much a perfect day. Set a new personal best of 18 straight hits. Those Hummers sure work good on the little critters. I'd a been happy just to shoot one, way better than unpacking moving boxes.

Some days suck a little more than others. The hitch snapped right off. The safety chains held for a bit until it caught something in the road. Broke a chain, then pulled the beak away switch. The other chain came unhooked somehow and by some stroke of luck the damn thing drifted off the curb side of the road and stopped in an unplanted field. No major damage that can’t be fixed before we open on Thursday.

Fuck Reese hitches!
F20F5F1B-539B-430B-A874-15F10A884FBD.jpeg
E1BDB489-87C7-4FF0-92B1-826EB86E477A.jpeg

Some days suck a little more than others. The hitch snapped right off. The safety chains held for a bit until it caught something in the road. Broke a chain, then pulled the beak away switch. The other chain came unhooked somehow and by some stroke of luck the damn thing drifted off the curb side of the road and stopped in an unplanted field. No major damage that can’t be fixed before we open on Thursday.

Fuck Reese hitches!
View attachment 7128958View attachment 7128959
Can’t click like for this ^^^ ?. Fortunate though all things considered.

Damn that could have got bad in a hurry! Glad no one was hurt. Looks like on the hitch there is some discoloring, might have been cracked for a bit.

Reactions: jungle45
Looks like a fair amount of drop on that hitch. Do you guys think that’s a contributing factor over time?

Looks like a fair amount of drop on that hitch. Do you guys think that’s a contributing factor over time?
It’s an 8” drop. Not sure if that’s contributing or not. We run a 13” on a much heavier trailer and haven’t had a problem. We made that hitch though. This is for a much lighter trailer and it’s on the back of an air ride trailer. I wouldn’t have thought this would be one that would have broken

Fuck Reese hitches!
View attachment 7128958View attachment 7128959

Cheap Chinese Steel (?.....). Glad no one was hurt. (y) (y) (y)

Only place that it’s really by a weld, is on the underside, right where the gusset startes. It would have had to break upwards I would think for that to be the origin of the break.
By the looks of it I'd say thats what happened... Hit a bump in the road maybe? The top of the hitch looks like it was the last piece to break off...

Geno,

I gave up on the hollow tubes for all but a few things. If it isnt solid I dont want it pulling my equ to sites. I own a millwright and machinery company and we go coast to coast.

Plus when you hit your shin on a solid one it doesnt hurt as bad!!! Just kidding.

You need to post your schedule so we can all visit you and hop on the rides.

Reactions: Barneybdb
This is the first one we’ve broke the main shank on. We’ve busted the flat stock at the bend before and right across the hole the ball goes through but never a main shank.

I only run WI so not too many guys intersect my path in the summer. If you’re ever up this way, hit me up and I’ll see what can be worked out. There have been a couple guys over the years that have made it to where I’m at though

Geno,

I gave up on the hollow tubes for all but a few things. If it isnt solid I dont want it pulling my equ to sites. I own a millwright and machinery company and we go coast to coast.

Plus when you hit your shin on a solid one it doesnt hurt as bad!!! Just kidding.

You need to post your schedule so we can all visit you and hop on the rides.
I agree with solid all the way. 1018 cold roll and burn it in HOT then call it a day and never look back. Watch the undercuts on the gusset plate but it will be much less of an issue on the reciever with bar anstead of tube. Plus ChiCom tube is total garbage at best.
USA 2" 1018 bar stock may look expensive but what would it cost if that trailer rolled?

I’m sure we probably have a 20’ stick of 2” around. The funny thing is, we run factory built hitches for insurance reasons. If a hitch breaks, it’s one more persons insurance that they sue if someone gets hurt. It’s a lot like most of our ride parts. I can make most of them, way stronger and most of the times better myself. That’s not allowed though. Our insurance company wants the shit to roll down hill, and they don’t want to be at the bottom.

I’m sure we probably have a 20’ stick of 2” around. The funny thing is, we run factory built hitches for insurance reasons. If a hitch breaks, it’s one more persons insurance that they sue if someone gets hurt. It’s a lot like most of our ride parts. I can make most of them, way stronger and most of the times better myself. That’s not allowed though. Our insurance company wants the shit to roll down hill, and they don’t want to be at the bottom.
I wish I wasnt the one that had to take the liability alot of times....