• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Haven’t seen them in eastern NC yet. Haven’t looked real hard but usually don’t have to when they are on the road belly up.

Reactions: TACC and SCRAM2013
Keep your eyes peeled. They're coming.

E
I got a gift for them all
E8848FA0-1410-4D56-89BE-2633ECBF4CC6.jpeg

O. K. Rooster, MtnCreek and Scram, I see dead armadillos and a cool rifle. Being ignorant about these critters, what is the chambering of choice? Would a .17 HMR be enough?

Our main pests up here are coons and skunks, I use whatever is at hand.

Reactions: TACC
O. K. Rooster, MtnCreek and Scram, I see dead armadillos and a cool rifle. Being ignorant about these critters, what is the chambering of choice? Would a .17 HMR be enough?

Gun pictured is a custom built by me 5.7x28. 40 grain A/Z- max and 5.2 grains of Autocomp is the magic recipe. A 17 HMR should have plenty of juice to do the deed with well placed shots. 22 WMR also works good.

3 hours on the Cub Cadet and 5 on the Kioti. Got a lot of the "to do" shit done.
MVIMG_20200523_152121.jpg

MVIMG_20200523_152127.jpg

The contract tree trimming crews left me 7 truck loads of chips this week. I have been filling holes and covering rocks with it.
Tomorrow morning those trees,on the left side of the second picture, have a date with the chainsaw.

I don’t horse around with coon. They receive a 80 gr Nosler out of the Savage model 10 truck gun scootin’ right along at 3400 FPS in 243. Typically they’re done in one.
9477AA4B-DE3E-4BE8-BBD0-DD7103E86D6E.jpeg

3 hours on the Cub Cadet and 5 on the Kioti. Got a lot of the "to do" shit done.
View attachment 7334363
View attachment 7334369
The contract tree trimming crews left me 7 truck loads of chips this week. I have been filling holes and covering rocks with it.
Tomorrow morning those trees,on the left side of the second picture, have a date with the chainsaw.

I enjoy running saws. Send pics.

E

I have a good woman, a good dog and a good friend. Figured out? I doubt that but I aim to make it through every day with those three if the good Lord allows it.
You start every day on the right side of the dirt. Make your bed. Do your best to be the best you. Help a fellow out when the opportunity shows up. Put your wife and children first and make the best of even the shittiest.
You'll be fine. I have been broke and I have been rich. Those never mattered as long as I had the first three things listed above.
Based off observations, I think you may have this figured out...

I have a good woman, a good dog and a good friend. Figured out? I doubt that but I aim to make it through every day with those three if the good Lord allows it.
You start every day on the right side of the dirt. Make your bed. Do your best to be the best you. Help a fellow out when the opportunity shows up. Put your wife and children first and make the best of even the shittiest.
You'll be fine. I have been broke and I have been rich. Those never mattered as long as I had the first three things listed above.
Well said.

Yes it's a magnolia. The woman brought it home when it was about 2 feet tall. I asked her if she knew how messy they are. She said she would take care of it. Ummmm sure, just like kids that want a puppy.
I had stuff to do and when I got home......WTF were you thinking planting that thing there?"Well, if I am going to clean up around it. That's where I want it."
Magnolia? Can't stand them. Put some chain and oil on that.

E
Funny story about the tree.
After a couple years I woke up and looked out the back door. A cow had gotten out and was using the tree as a scratching post. I turned and went to watch the news. The woman got up an hour later and looks out of the back door. She turned and said. There's a cow out. I said. Good maybe it'll eat the grass and I won't have to mow today. She gets her coffee and sits down to enjoy that first cup of coffee for the day and then....... Ahhhhhhhgggg.!!! That cow!!! And out the door she went. Chased that cow back into the field and came back in and gave me the evil eye. She said. You know I'll just get another one!

Not long after we built this place Pam brought a thumb size cutting of Frangipani from her Dad's place, planted it next to our first shed that was 30 feet long, it now covers the whole side and is well over the roof.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Yes it's a magnolia. The woman brought it home when it was about 2 feet tall. I asked her if she knew how messy they are. She said she would take care of it. Ummmm sure, just like kids that want a puppy.
I had stuff to do and when I got home......WTF were you thinking planting that thing there?"Well, if I am going to clean up around it. That's where I want it."

Funny story about the tree.
After a couple years I woke up and looked out the back door. A cow had gotten out and was using the tree as a scratching post. I turned and went to watch the news. The woman got up an hour later and looks out of the back door. She turned and said. There's a cow out. I said. Good maybe it'll eat the grass and I won't have to mow today. She gets her coffee and sits down to enjoy that first cup of coffee for the day and then....... Ahhhhhhhgggg.!!! That cow!!! And out the door she went. Chased that cow back into the field and came back in and gave me the evil eye. She said. You know I'll just get another one!

I see. No chain or oil. Gotta know when the Stank eye really means something.

Liking that barn😎

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Not long after we built this place Pam brought a thumb size cutting of Frangipani from her Dad's place, planted it next to our first shed that was 30 feet long, it now covers the whole side and is well over the roof.

I admit. I had to look that up.

You have red or white? I'm liking that. Probably won't make it in the mountains though.

There's no way they're as messy as a magnolia. Hot mess. Pretty for two months. Need mega room. Keep away from your well and septic

E

Well placed 22lr will kill them right there. A little off and they might run up under something to die. I've used 22lr, 22mag, handguns, all sorts of centerfire rifles including 300wm. The safest thing for me at my house is 12ga with #4 or #5 shot. Ricochets are a concern, especially when shooting at night.

Had to move the wedding from May 2 to August 8. I did get my wedding gift from HER aunt.

20200525_092636.jpg

Have a question for the sig sauer guys.
What 9mm has the same grip as the 220.

My dad has Dupuytren's contracture its very hard for him to grip a hand gun but liked the p220 just cant handle the 45.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Had to move the wedding from May 2 to August 8. I did get my wedding gift from HER aunt.

View attachment 7335486

Have a question for the sig sauer guys.
What 9mm has the same grip as the 220.

My dad has Dupuytren's contracture its very hard for him to grip a hand gun but liked the p220 just cant handle the 45.

Traded the 220 lots of years ago for another 1911. Couldn't hit a damn thing with it. Wish I could help.

226's and 229's are all that are left.

E