• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

On vacation till the 30th and been busting ass on the pole building. Doing c9ncrete Saturday, took the gutters off, flashing, doors, rails, man door, and all kinds of crap. Putting up roll up doors on 2 bays, sealing off the other, yada yada. Hence my absence. And my Wifi keeps shutting down for some reason!😡

Pics won't load now! CRAP!

On vacation till the 30th and been busting ass on the pole building. Doing c9ncrete Saturday, took the gutters off, flashing, doors, rails, man door, and all kinds of crap. Putting up roll up doors on 2 bays, sealing off the other, yada yada. Hence my absence. And my Wifi keeps shutting down for some reason!😡

Pics won't load now! CRAP!

Sounds like my "1.5 hour to load" issue. Feel it Brother.

You need to be cooking and sharing recipes.

E

The Nom Nom Crew
MVIMG_20200525_145432.jpg

Had to move the wedding from May 2 to August 8. I did get my wedding gift from HER aunt.

View attachment 7335486

Have a question for the sig sauer guys.
What 9mm has the same grip as the 220.

My dad has Dupuytren's contracture its very hard for him to grip a hand gun but liked the p220 just cant handle the 45.
Not sure if this will be of any help, but SIG appears to still make the P225 which was/is a single stack 9mm. Now, whether the grips are interchangeable, I don't know.

Whenever my buddy Lee and I go to the gopher patches, we sometimes lack for a good rest. Very quiet day, time to figure out a shooting platform. We always take my little Ranger, AKA "The Red Money Pit". Using existing materials on hand cobbled this together.

20200525_161922.jpg
20200525_161824.jpg

Kept it as light as possible, it really doesn't do much and I didn't want to bust a gut taking in an out. Probably weighs 20#. Give the top a quick sanding, couple of coats of latex, good to go.

Might even double as table around the firepit. Redneck engineering.

Whenever my buddy Lee and I go to the gopher patches, we sometimes lack for a good rest. Very quiet day, time to figure out a shooting platform. We always take my little Ranger, AKA "The Red Money Pit". Using existing materials on hand cobbled this together.

View attachment 7335884View attachment 7335891
Kept it as light as possible, it really doesn't do much and I didn't want to bust a gut taking in an out. Probably weighs 20#. Give the top a quick sanding, couple of coats of latex, good to go.

Might even double as table around the firepit. Redneck engineering.

I like redneck.

E

@Nodakplowboy Nice table. Noticed the second pic...road rash from your NASCAR days?

Thanks, in the basement now for paint.

NASCAR road rash? Sadly, no. It's a 1998 with 204,000 on it. I guess Ford clearcoat doesn't last forever, much less 22 years. The eldest son needed funds to trade vehicles, "Hey Dad, need a pickup, Runs Great!"

Needs brakes, clutch is getting weak and the 4WD is spotty. I refuse to post a photo of the bumpers. Should dump it, but it's what's at hand and works well for dinking around. It's paid for, fun to drive and starts at -30. That alone is worth something.

@oneshot86

That little rock in GA is still flatland......

Camping this weekend was good. Annual trip, my kid was at her moms and I missed having her there. She loves camping, especially that trip, and everyone there said at least 2-3 times a day they wish she was there to be a part of whatever was going on.

I did not dwell on it and had a good time anyways.
The lady went along and we went for a hike. I let her lead and set the pace. Mistake. She moves fast!! Her in some fitted britches made a beautiful hike just a tad more fun.
Once we got to some elevation we could see the weather moving in so we skipped the cup of joe and pushed on.
First climb was 2 miles and 1800 vertical.
We did a few hundred more vert and a total of 6.4 miles.
Lots of big rock steps and rough stuff. Reminded me of elk hunting except for the “low mileage day”. 😉 We were back to the truck in just over 3.5 hrs and enjoyed coffee under the topper as the rain was just starting and drummed on the roof.

2C801160-CA84-4F0E-8849-27831965B04D.jpeg
EB30399E-D6DE-4C58-B9DE-280813C4E9E1.jpeg

@oneshot86

That little rock in GA is still flatland......

Camping this weekend was good. Annual trip, my kid was at her moms and I missed having her there. She loves camping, especially that trip, and everyone there said at least 2-3 times a day they wish she was there to be a part of whatever was going on.

I did not dwell on it and had a good time anyways.
The lady went along and we went for a hike. I let her lead and set the pace. Mistake. She moves fast!! Her in some fitted britches made a beautiful hike just a tad more fun.
Once we got to some elevation we could see the weather moving in so we skipped the cup of joe and pushed on.
First climb was 2 miles and 1800 vertical.
We did a few hundred more vert and a total of 6.4 miles.
Lots of big rock steps and rough stuff. Reminded me of elk hunting except for the “low mileage day”. 😉 We were back to the truck in just over 3.5 hrs and enjoyed coffee under the topper as the rain was just starting and drummed on the roof.

View attachment 7336506View attachment 7336507

wow dude, thats some beautiful land

In the above pic with the meadow in it, there are a couple choice spots open to backpacking camping as well as a stream in the meadow.

My kiddo wants to go backpacking.
Starting with some easier hikes (easier 2-3 miles in) and maybe this when she is 10.
Then bag the big grey dome in the AM and cruise out in the afternoon.

Im in a good spot with my kid wanting to be outside all the time and wanting to fish and shoot.

Packratt
20200526_174422.jpg
20200526_174422.jpg

Damn weather guessers couldn't get it right if their life depended on it.

When I started cutting Sat the forecast was 80 Sat 86 Sun 80 Mon and sunny all 3 days. When I finished cutting Sat the forecast had changed to 70 and cloudy Sun and 70 and partly cloudy Mon. I damn sure wouldn't have put 30% of our hay on the ground with a forecast like that. Had to come down with a bad case of hay fever to get it I. Before it rains Wed, Thurs and Fri.

30 years ago before they got all this newfangled tech they were reasonably accurate for the first 3 days of the forecast, 50/50 for the next 2 and forget it for the last 2. Usually they could get the temps right for the week. Now they can tell you to the grid point where lightning is going to strike in 5 minutes but they can't get anything beyond d tge next 5 minutes right.

Last edited:
Packratt View attachment 7336827View attachment 7336827
Damn weather guessers couldn't get it right if their life depended on it.

When I started cutting Sat the forecast was 80 Sat 86 Sun 80 Mon and sunny all 3 days. When I finished cutting Sat the forecast had changed to 70 and cloudy Sun and 70 and partly cloudy Mon. I damn sure wouldn't have put 30% of our hay on the ground with a forecast like that. Had to come down with a bad case of hay fever to get it I. Before it rains Wed, Thurs and Fri.

30 years ago before they got all this newfangled tech they were reasonably accurate for the first 3 days of the forecast, 50/50 for the next 2 and forget it for the last 2. Usually they could get the temps right for the week. Now they can tell you to the grid point where lightning is going to strike in 5 minutes but they can't get anything beyond d tge next 5 minutes right.
First cut here is always tough getting up too. I can imagine even harder there with all the trees. Sun and wind.

Segway to the above post, our first cutting of hay is ready to cut, however, we’re getting a ton of Gulf moisture up our way and stuck in a tropical type weather pattern for two more days. Late afternoon thunderstorms and the occasional tornado. My view headed home from dad’s today. Mowing, trimming, doctoring a cow with a bad wheel, etc...
8F86006E-9A23-4E98-B1A2-560A76DCB4A4.jpeg

All this hay cutting talk just reminds me I need to brushhog the back property. We have had so much rain here in NC the ground is boggy. Wake up thinking just maybe today only to see Tropical Storm Bertha 30miles off the coast of SC. Guess I can play the maybe card and see what way it decides to dump rain in NC.

All American Sharpener

i-5RR2LVW.jpg

Probably like a lot of us I’ve been hand sharpening mower blades with a 4 ½” angle grinder by hand and trying to hold a decent angle on the edge. Well I just found this thing and in IMHO it’s worth its’ weight in gold. It’s the All American Sharpener and it really is amazing to use. I just did my Ferris blades and went looking for more to work on.
Once you set it up which is very quick and easy you can’t miss, it runs straight up the blade and they are sharper and much better than new!

Here’s the first set I ran today:
i-DhCZwsw-L.jpg

Here's video if your interested

Last edited:
Interesting, I'm more of a buy new blades every year guy but got a stack of old ones so may give it a try.

Same here I have a barn full of partially used blades and this thing makes them easy to sharpen, not cheap but worth it o me. The charge about $8 a blade and three blades per mower to sharpen here locally. So I like to sharpen my own at about every six cuttings and with all the rain again this year that's a lot.

Reactions: Ravenworks
All American Sharpener

i-5RR2LVW.jpg

Probably like a lot of us I’ve been hand sharpening mower blades with a 4 ½” angle grinder by hand and trying to hold a decent angle on the edge. Well I just found this thing and in IMHO it’s worth its’ weight in gold. It’s the All American Sharpener and it really is amazing to use. I just did my Ferris blades and went looking for more to work on.
Once you set it up which is very quick and easy you can’t miss, it runs straight up the blade and they are sharper and much better than new!

Here’s the first set I ran today:
i-DhCZwsw-L.jpg

Here's video if your interested

What's the damage on new blades (set of three) in your neck of the woods?

E

Anyone remember this stuff? 🤔View attachment 7337459
I was in the pest control industry for 40 years. It was just being phased out by the epa around 1982. I used to find bottles (and even a couple 55 gallon drums) on farms that I used to service in Arkansas. One of the good things the epa did in getting rid of this class of insecticides. Too much of this got into our ground water. This stuff would last 30 years for termites.

I was in the pest control industry for 40 years. It was just being phased out by the epa around 1982. I used to find bottles (and even a couple 55 gallon drums) on farms that I used to service in Arkansas. One of the good things the epa did in getting rid of this class of insecticides. Too much of this got into our ground water. This stuff would last 30 years for termites.
They used it for fire ants in Florida. That’s where this bottle came from

I have been working on a "He shed". Insulated the walls, floor and roof. It has a full loft with pull down staircase (no shooting ports yet), and it has a 48" wide steel security door so I can get my motorcycles in with no problem. I already wired it for the alarm and surveillance cameras. Decided to take a break and get teached up by @lowlight while drinking a Guinness Blonde and smoking an Acid cigar. Next step is some landscaping and some raised bed planter boxes for peppers and tomatoes. I got divorced on 1/1/17 and finally feel like doing something. This should have been done 2 years ago.

IMG_0335 (2).JPG

First cut here is always tough getting up too. I can imagine even harder there with all the trees. Sun and wind.
When my uncle died we lost our good hay fields. Now I'm baling neighbors former horse paddocks so they can keep the ag tax status. I went from nice flat straight fields I could cut in 6th gear to a rough hilly obstacle course. The only plus is I now have enough average to not fertilize.

You boys want to come bail this shit? You can guess how well this was going, and most of my accounts look like this after being mowed last week. Picture was taken about 3 hours before I started smelling burnt oil, and found a cracked head under the valve cover on a $14k mower with 350 hrs on it. That Murphy fella is an asshole.

View attachment 7337880View attachment 7337881
Sucks on both counts. Especially the cracked head! What engine do they run in those?
I’m mowing every 3-4 days here.

Reactions: Badfinger