• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

So last night was interesting. Went to water some plants in the garden and scarred off a longish copperhead. Not wanting my youngest to walk out one night and get a unscheduled poison injection, I decided to get the judge and go find it. Long story short, I ended up killing 5 last nights and I do believe there are more that have made a den/nest somewhere in the area. View attachment 7388378
Kill them all with extreme prejudice.

Back in Hooterville tonight from family vacation. Turns out, nothing new here. Just the way I like it.
A3551DE9-3814-4E5E-B6EC-AF7BEFE9CDC2.jpeg

So, yesterday was a "HUGE" day at the Homestead. Got the Band back together and pushed the hell outta some hard chargers with nothing more than the promise of Beer, whiskey, and grub. Hell, even @Mooseknuckles swung on down on his day off to jump onboard! Thank you again Moose! It's always good to see you Brother! Oh, and if Moose sez when he got there 1st and seen me coming outta the shower, well, it's a damn lie!

I ain't lying when I say it was hot in that damn room, and up on the scaffolding? Wholly Shit! Crazy part was I texted a couple buddies who also have project in the works that are busy as hell their ownselves, but within 5 minutes they both answered back "I'm on my way"! Just like so many of you guys here, they too answered the rally cry for the better good. And for certain, they know well I'll gather the Band again to head their way to knock out a chunk of their building projects, as it should be.

Dogs gotta long, people gotta long, Chicken done 2 ways turned out excellente', and a few of the Boyz asked "what time tomorrow Larry"? Told'm I gotta go to work man, but thank you anyhow! "We'll be there by 0900, if we have any questions we'll call". lmfao THOSE are the people I like to surround myself with, and these hard charging bastards know well I'll bring it back to them 10 fold, cuz that's what we do.

A few of these guys are contractors and 3 of them are resident experts as the Jack of all Trades, really. The taping, mudding, and texturing has already been decided and volunteers are in the queue! Cannot wait to get this thing done!

:love:

1596385903268.png

1596385919416.png

1596385938775.png

1596385953938.png

1596385977599.png

1596386008543.png

1596386026894.png

1596386043229.png

Got a few skeeter bites waiting for this moment, but it was worth it.View attachment 7389271

1596390501941.png

What kinda creepy bastard sits outside in the parking lot of a Titty Bar in the middle of the night? The kind not willing to pay the cover charge, but has a sharp knife, a ball gag, and a calloused palm? I dunno. Just going out on a limb here. :love:

Those little stinkers letting you sleep yet? ;)

Love it. Wish I woulda had more.

They wear you out, make you crazy, and still the most amazing little creatures you will ever encounter.
Momma has been dealing with them most nights. She took 3 months off for maternity leave. She goes back tomorrow so the fun starts tonight. 😋

Boys are growing great .Gus was 2 1/2 lbs at birth and he's up to 8.58. Hank was 3 1/2 and he's a chunky 10 lbs 11 oz.

Those little stinkers letting you sleep yet? ;)

Love it. Wish I woulda had more.

They wear you out, make you crazy, and still the most amazing little creatures you will ever encounter.
On a side note, glad we have excellent health insurance. We finally got the itemized bill for the NICU stay. It was $960,000... We had a zero balance.

Thats excellent!

Honestly, surprised it wasn't higher......
Premie care is high. Add in a ventilator for a bit and its crazy.

Then there is the NNPs and Neonatologist bill.

Their work is priceless though. At least in my opinion. I have been called a sucker for babies and little kids a time or two. 😁

Glad those boys are doing so well. Be sure to tell em all the boys on the Hide (plus our few but cool ladies) are happy to be rooting for them!

Thats excellent!

Honestly, surprised it wasn't higher......
Premie care is high. Add in a ventilator for a bit and its crazy.

Then there is the NNPs and Neonatologist bill.

Their work is priceless though. At least in my opinion. I have been called a sucker for babies and little kids a time or two. 😁

Glad those boys are doing so well. Be sure to tell em all the boys on the Hide (plus our few but cool ladies) are happy to be rooting for them!

With all of Sara's complications during pregnancy, we burnt through our $5000 yearly deductible pretty quick. Everything until end of year is free. 😁

Reactions: Barneybdb
So 6.5 hours on the baby JD and I got most of the copperhead love shack( that seems to be the theme for this page) cleaned up. Didn’t see anymore but wasn’t actively looking either. Maybe one or ten mangled up in the rake and bucket that I didn’t see. Definitely smelled the musk of one so something was aggravated. Had to stop and do a little hurricane/tropical storm/tropical hurricane/tropical hurricane storm prep. I’m not sure they have made up their minds on most of it yet and it hits us tomorrow.
2A5F2397-B325-4FA6-AE32-FCEAD86ADB26.jpeg
14966080-AE42-4D24-B0F7-F24396CA7C6F.jpeg

Get all your preventative tests in for sure!

If you get your prostate checked more than once a week you are just a perv at that point.

BTW, I just realized after seeing your posts about your road trip with your daughter... You were really a stand out guy on here when we were having trouble, and until your recent post I had never seen your face. I consider you a friend. Pic of me attached because we should know each other.
20200802_151559.jpg

Well, nice to have a pic to put the posts to.

glad the Hide support network helped another guy. We do that around here. 😁
And, while not as early, I have been there. Its a natural thing beings more than 1/2 my life has been taking care of sick or injured folks and their families.

and like I said, major soft spot for kiddos. Blessings for sure.

So, yesterday was a "HUGE" day at the Homestead. Got the Band back together and pushed the hell outta some hard chargers with nothing more than the promise of Beer, whiskey, and grub. Hell, even @Mooseknuckles swung on down on his day off to jump onboard! Thank you again Moose! It's always good to see you Brother! Oh, and if Moose sez when he got there 1st and seen me coming outta the shower, well, it's a damn lie!

I ain't lying when I say it was hot in that damn room, and up on the scaffolding? Wholly Shit! Crazy part was I texted a couple buddies who also have project in the works that are busy as hell their ownselves, but within 5 minutes they both answered back "I'm on my way"! Just like so many of you guys here, they too answered the rally cry for the better good. And for certain, they know well I'll gather the Band again to head their way to knock out a chunk of their building projects, as it should be.

Dogs gotta long, people gotta long, Chicken done 2 ways turned out excellente', and a few of the Boyz asked "what time tomorrow Larry"? Told'm I gotta go to work man, but thank you anyhow! "We'll be there by 0900, if we have any questions we'll call". lmfao THOSE are the people I like to surround myself with, and these hard charging bastards know well I'll bring it back to them 10 fold, cuz that's what we do.

A few of these guys are contractors and 3 of them are resident experts as the Jack of all Trades, really. The taping, mudding, and texturing has already been decided and volunteers are in the queue! Cannot wait to get this thing done!

:love:

View attachment 7389207

View attachment 7389208

View attachment 7389209

View attachment 7389210

View attachment 7389211

View attachment 7389214

View attachment 7389219

View attachment 7389220
Had a great time down helping out. Just shoot me a text and I will be down again.
That mango habanero chicken was killer!!
Boy that would have been a hell of a pic to post to the hide. Larry running across his living room in a towel 😂!!!
it was a great time down there and you got a hell of a group of guys working on that room. Can’t wait to see it finished!

Finally got the lift I bought 10+ yrs ago installed. No matter where I tried at old place, floor was too thin at one post. Expected it to leak like a Chinese sieve and wasn't disappointed as oil or poured out - at least until I actually tightened one of the bleed valves.

IMG_0844.JPG

Finally got the lift I bought 10+ yrs ago installed. No matter where I tried at old place, floor was too thin at one post. Expected it to leak like a Chinese sieve and wasn't disappointed as oil or poured out - at least until I actually tightened one of the bleed valves.

View attachment 7389590
That is a proper lift! (y)

Reactions: jungle45
Yesterday's Covid Cruise to replace the annual local car show I've been taking my Camaro to since 1992.

Pre event warm up and inspection.
i-qmW8LXT-L.jpg

Brief 1-5 stint, 67 C-10 LS1 in front, '66 502 Chevelle behind.
i-f2zWnxj-XL.jpg

Staged at the vinyard for the cruise.
i-4GP23qS-L.jpg

i-NT6Fvjz-L.jpg

i-RGtng7H-L.jpg

i-9h43KGq-L.jpg

i-S6rP7kR-L.jpg

Yesterday's Covid Cruise to replace the annual local car show I've been taking my Camaro to since 1992.

Pre event warm up and inspection.
i-qmW8LXT-L.jpg

Brief 1-5 stint, 67 C-10 LS1 in front, '66 502 Chevelle behind.
i-f2zWnxj-XL.jpg

Staged at the vinyard for the cruise.
i-4GP23qS-L.jpg

i-NT6Fvjz-L.jpg

i-RGtng7H-L.jpg

i-9h43KGq-L.jpg

i-S6rP7kR-L.jpg
Not knowing what state your in but, do you ever take your car to out of state/town shows? Anything like the Hot Rod Nationals in Louisville, or smaller like The Rod Run In Arkansas that Mark Campbell of Street and Performance put on before he died?

Reactions: Badfinger
Not knowing what state your in but, do you ever take your car to out of state/town shows? Anything like the Hot Rod Nationals in Louisville, or smaller like The Rod Run In Arkansas that Mark Campbell of Street and Performance put on before he died?
I'm in Oregon. I did a photo gig at the SEMA Show for 7 years along with the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational finals . This has been only traditional small town car show. My preference over shows was track day events with motorcycles or cars. Sadly those days are beyond me now.

This was the only time I've taken the car out of state and it was to use for a dinner shuttle from track to town. I tracked the Lotus 2-Eleven.

i-GWTFRqp-L.jpg

I'm in Oregon. I did a photo gig at the SEMA Show for 7 years along with the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational finals . This has been only traditional small town car show. My preference over shows was track day events with motorcycles or cars. Sadly those days are beyond me now.

This was the only time I've taken the car out of state and it was to use for a dinner shuttle from track to town. I tracked the Lotus 2-Eleven.

i-GWTFRqp-L.jpg
SEMA would be a cool show to get to, along with a Barrett-Jackson or similar type auction.
That Lotus is pretty slick and those cars are neat in their own way. Always loved the Esprit and sometimes the Elise depending on color. Like a go cart for the street.

Reactions: Barneybdb