• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Pick up today around 1.
First twenty something rounds down it.
Pistol can still in jail.

20200924_154620.jpg

The 1-10 scope got postponed again $1700
Lawyer bill also came today.
But the little guy is so much more fun then anything money can buy.

My “range” opened yesterday to all available targets except 1K. Perfect morning with a hazy, grey sky and just a breeze. Drug out the ol’ 20” 308 working at 655 yards. The shooting lane is getting tight for that target as Miss Lori has been negligent in keeping her Forsythia and Pear trimmed back properly. I always give someone a chance to correct a problem before I do it. I typically trim with a Stihl 261. She’s been warned 😊 I used a nondestructive “technique” just so I could shoot.
DFEF3716-B21A-4984-A7F9-D01A80E9128D.jpeg
873D512B-C67A-42E7-94E5-671C9625ACAF.jpeg

My “range” opened yesterday to all available targets except 1K. Perfect morning with a hazy, grey sky and just a breeze. Drug out the ol’ 20” 308 working at 655 yards. The shooting lane is getting tight for that target as Miss Lori has been negligent in keeping her Forsythia and Pear trimmed back properly. I always give someone a chance to correct a problem before I do it. I typically trim with a Stihl 261. She’s been warned 😊 I used a nondestructive “technique” just so I could shoot.View attachment 7431778View attachment 7431779
Is the 1k at the farthest ridge?

Nope. Swing about 30 degrees to the right for 1K. It’s kind of nice as you have to make a new wind call for each target. ie, they are not daisy chained. However, beyond the 1K target you could go 2500+. Right in your wheel house.
I’d be happy with 6-800. One day when we sell this house, we will upgrade land size some and hopefully it will happen then.

Reactions: tnichols
Nope. Swing about 30 degrees to the right for 1K. It’s kind of nice as you have to make a new wind call for each target. ie, they are not daisy chained. However, beyond the 1K target you could go 2500+. Right in your wheel house.
Now we’re talking👍🏼
Jamie and I need to make it down before the snow gets too deep

Reactions: tnichols
View attachment 7435453

A lizard eating squirrel.........the stuff nightmares are made of.

I have a ton of squirrels in my yard. I would not put this past them.

I have a bench in my garden I sit on, and when I do, this one squirrel we call Mischief comes over to hang out. One time even jumped on me.

I love squirrels. But I refuse to feed them by hand. Because I see what they do. I can tell you right now, while that squirrel chose to sat on me, I didnt friggin move.
Coincidently, same squirrel that I photographed hiding peanuts the other day. It also jumped on the window screens and terrorizes the 17 pound cat.

I'm going to make it my yard guard...

• Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb
A buddy of mine had a habit of feeding squirrels in his front yard. He has a heart condition, so he had been staying home during the initial Stay at Home period. The tree rats made a nest under the hood of his Xterra and ate his wiring harness. Nissan was a total loss, estimate to rewire was more than it was worth.

A buddy of mine had a habit of feeding squirrels in his front yard. He has a heart condition, so he had been staying home during the initial Stay at Home period. The tree rats made a nest under the hood of his Xterra and ate his wiring harness. Nissan was a total loss, estimate to rewire was more than it was worth.

That sucks. I believe it, though. We had squirrels one year chew up the Christmas lights...

Reactions: Barneybdb

I have a bench in my garden I sit on, and when I do, this one squirrel we call Mischief comes over to hang out. One time even jumped on me.

I love squirrels. But I refuse to feed them by hand. Because I see what they do. I can tell you right now, while that squirrel chose to sat on me, I didnt friggin move.
Coincidently, same squirrel that I photographed hiding peanuts the other day. It also jumped on the window screens and terrorizes the 17 pound cat.

When I was a kid for a short time I had a pet baby squirrel.

It had fell from its nest, my house cat was playing chase it around the tree trying to kill it.

I caught it and figured I was going to raise it.

First thing I noticed is that it was ripe with fleas. Black jumping specs on virtually every squirrel hair.

I doused it with the cats flea stuff almost killing it but definitely killing every flea.

It survived and I fed it for a few weeks on peanut butter mixed with milk.

I than let it go when it became a wild animal.

Still I sometimes think, as I sit in my yard, watching those hideous tree rats that perhaps just one looks at me with the passed on generational knowledge that I was once a friend to their pestulance carrying ratufa genus.

@rth1800 anytime you want to wear out a woodsman in my backyard have at it. Start with the chipmunks. Tired of those bastards tunneling all over.

When I was a kid for a short time I had a pet baby squirrel.

It had fell from its nest, my house cat was playing chase it around the tree trying to kill it.

I caught it and figured I was going to raise it.

My mom used to rescue squirrels. We had a friend who brought them frequently when babies were accidently knocked out of the trees they had to cut down. All were releasable except two who chose to stay. One was allowed to come and go as it pleased and stayed in an outside cage, until something killed the poor thing.
The other one became very tame and lived inside with us. Would play with the cats. Most tame squirrel I had ever seen. Sadly, it suffered an illness and was paralyzed in the back legs after about a year or 2 with us. We named him Lucky. Shoulders ended up looking like a body builder. Didn't slow him down at all. Stayed with us many years. Very loving, actually.

My mom used to rescue squirrels. We had a friend who brought them frequently when babies were accidently knocked out of the trees they had to cut down. All were releasable except two who chose to stay. One was allowed to come and go as it pleased and stayed in an outside cage, until something killed the poor thing.
The other one became very tame and lived inside with us. Would play with the cats. Most tame squirrel I had ever seen. Sadly, it suffered an illness and was paralyzed in the back legs after about a year or 2 with us. We named him Lucky. Shoulders ended up looking like a body builder. Didn't slow him down at all. Stayed with us many years. Very loving, actually.
My wife has written several books on these guys and knows a ton about most animals.

She's like a walking textbook.
Resized_20200514_125423.jpeg

Try and hold still when this Bastard jumps on you!

20200911_133351.jpg

My wife has written several books on these guys and knows a ton about most animals.

She's like a walking textbook.View attachment 7435490

Those guys carry some nasty stuff in the wild.

Stationed in Liberia the local kids would bring animals to us knowing for a buck or two we would release them.

We kept two rock pythons and a mongoose.

We released an alligator, owl and after one of the pythons proved himself to be a mean bastard striking at us he wore out his welcome when he escaped and slithered up the side of our apartment using the rain gutter.

We found out it was missing when the guard told us a Liberian soldier was about to shoot it with his AK.

That thing fell three stories and landed with the sound of a wet bag od cement but he released fine back into the jungle.

The other python had the run of our apartment. Being hot as fuck we ran the AC at full blast. If there was a Marine on the couch it would crawl behind your back for warmth. If there wasnt enough room he was strong enough to push you forward on the couch and make room.

The mongoose was tame as shit. We had some fleet Marines come in for a NEO op and we think one of them fed it something that killed it in its cage outside our Apt.

Neighbor sent me a couple of trail cam pics from the ridge behind our houses. The big bad wolf and his pals are hanging around. The elk spend a lot of time up there and have been calving there the last couple of years.

View attachment 7435599View attachment 7435592
Looks like a great opportunity to hone field skills, positional shooting, etc...