• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Doing some shop cleanup today. Drug the horse trailer out for a lap or two just to make sure it rolled still. Pretty sure the new horse isn’t gonna fit in this one, might have to sell it down the river.
6AC6D9DB-D7FA-49F4-BDD5-FB4DFA9FB0A6.jpeg

Doing some shop cleanup today. Drug the horse trailer out for a lap or two just to make sure it rolled still. Pretty sure the new horse isn’t gonna fit in this one, might have to sell it down the river.
View attachment 7554759
Somewhere around 10th grade, my best friend's Dad had a beautiful black one like that, same trim, etc. My friend was in a hurry to go hunting one day but his Dad told him he had to wash the trailer first - someone was coming to look at it to buy. So he washed it in a hurry with the first thing he could find - Brillo pads from under the sink...

Last edited:
Somewhere around 10th grade, my best friend's Dad had a beautiful black one like that, same trim, etc. My friend was in a hurry to go hunting one day but his Dad told him he had to wash the trailer first - someone was coming to look at it to buy. So he washed it in a hurry with the first thing he could find - Brillo pads from under the sink...
This one is an 82 or 83 so it’s has definitely seen its glory days. The pinstripes and trim are in pretty fair shape though. It rarely sees outside unless it has a horse in it which I’m sure helps out a lot.

It appears tonight will be the bottom of the cold snap we have been enduring. As we speak -18. Low tonight -31 to -34, location dependent. High tomorrow -11 and by Wendesday afternoon high of +9. My furnace needs a rest.

Already have started a list of the cold spots that need attention, some that should have been corrected years ago. The flooring guys might be right, insulated heated garages should be a law up here.

Took my kids to the beach today. We found this shark egg sack washed up in the shore. The little critter inside was till moving so we threw it back in. Hopefully it survives. It’s most likely a great white as this was at Tomales Bay which is prime breeding ground for these sharks.

Attachments

• BDC308C7-4272-4974-85B3-94502A3D0966.jpeg
    BDC308C7-4272-4974-85B3-94502A3D0966.jpeg
    527.4 KB · Views: 65
It appears tonight will be the bottom of the cold snap we have been enduring. As we speak -18. Low tonight -31 to -34, location dependent. High tomorrow -11 and by Wendesday afternoon high of +9. My furnace needs a rest.

Already have started a list of the cold spots that need attention, some that should have been corrected years ago. The flooring guys might be right, insulated heated garages should be a law up here.
That’s “fresh” for sure. We’re forecast to go above 0 next Tuesday or Wednesday, and that’s the daytime high 😂

Reactions: Barneybdb
Same view as most days lately. Just outside that cab glass is a -3 with a windchill of -20 😂. Keeps the average idiot inside and leaves me with my quiet little slice of hell.

Finished moving snow early, so I took the opportunity to take Miss Lori out for a nice pre Valentines dinner. Got there a shade early so, we enjoyed the company of the grey haired gummer crowd 🙄😂.
05003A6D-6B9F-4352-93D2-07959A31A92C.jpeg

Had are family range all to my self this morning to cold for dad and cousins. Zero and Doped out to 700 with 6.5 284 Norma. All went well we Very fortunate to have are own range at to 900. It’s taking a lot work but sure is worth it

Hey grumpy (😉) hows that new knee holding up with all the cold and humidity?
And the not too old one?

Keep warm! Its cold here but nothing like that!
Well, lt seems to be holding just fine. I have a clinic appointment tomorrow (2-15). At that time the med staff will do a evaluation based on swelling, pain, weight bearing and mobility. Pretty sure that will turn out fine. Pain control is more of a issue this time around, oxy does build up a tolerance level. We'll have a discussion about that.
Old/New knee is getting stronger every week. Still a long ways to go with flexibility and strength but definite improvement. Thanks for asking.

Well, lt seems to be holding just fine. I have a clinic appointment tomorrow (2-15). At that time the med staff will do a evaluation based on swelling, pain, weight bearing and mobility. Pretty sure that will turn out fine. Pain control is more of a issue this time around, oxy does build up a tolerance level. We'll have a discussion about that.
Old/New knee is getting stronger every week. Still a long ways to go with flexibility and strength but definite improvement. Thanks for asking.

Was this a repeat replacement on this knee?

I had both knees done 5 years ago. Right one is having issues. I might be looking at round 2 on it already.

That's pretty cool. He looks pissed.

Yes when I got back in the car and had to drive him back to the Barracks with a "tucked football hold" that right red eye stared at me the whole way thinking "I will rip your fucking eyes out and skull fuck you" if given the chance.

Looks to be a young bird.

He was just sitting in the high speed lane with a dead pidgeon (@Bender would you like the corpse?) laying nearby.

Usually they are stunned from flying into the side of a vehicle but this guy shows no external injury. Might have misjudged his pidgeon kill and smacked asphalt.

Whatever healthy animals usually don't let people pick them up. I split my breeches from balls to boot top making the grab, pretty typical, the 1930s uniforms look good but aren't made for athletics.

Environmental Police are coming to pick him up for a ride to the vet clinic.

Was this a repeat replacement on this knee?

I had both knees done 5 years ago. Right one is having issues. I might be looking at round 2 on it already.
Morning. Short history. I've had knee issues since my early teens. Leading a mostly physical lifestyle it was no surprise that things wore out. In December of 2012 I had bilateral partial knee replacements on both knees at the same time. Basically, the inside half of both knees were bone on bone and replaced with prosthetics.

Fast forward to October 2020.

My right knee blew up to the size of a small football. The ortho surgeon removed 80 cc's of blood and determined the lower half of the implant was loose, which created a cyst which in turn caused the blood buildup. Solution; full knee replacement. The right knee was replaced 11/16/20 and the left knee 2/1/21. My full time job is rehab because I can't do anything else. Yes, it sucks.

That's the short version. If you doubt the integrity of your implants the only real way to determine a problem is x-rays. Inflammation and swelling are uncomfortable but not necessarily indicators. X-rays give a inside look.

PM if you have any questions. C. S.

Only a crazy man would grab that bird 😲 I watched the hawk in my picture puncture that English Sparrow with its talons like it was cotton ball!
I couldn't see your pictures above earlier but I can see them now.

Last edited:
Cool pic. Can't find at the moment but I've got a picture of me holding a peregrine falcon I caught on Apalachicola NF in 1995. Was on the ground and I was taking pics, getting closer and closer but it didn't move. Obviously something wrong so I was able to get a shirt over it and take to vet/rehabber. Died next day and speculation was it was migrating, missed a meal or two and just ran out of steam.

• Sad
Reactions: Barneybdb
Hi,

Some days the temperature is just better than others, lol...
Checking out an upcoming 2 mile shooting facility in Florida.......Now I just have to talk the family to see if they intend to make it public or private.

View attachment 7556682

Sincerely,
Theis

Are you down there right now?

Nevermind, I read the rest of the thread.

Last edited: