• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

It was epic! I’d been down the river 50ish times in my kayak and a couple in a raft, but not in the previous 8 years. I took 3 newbs down with no white water experience.

• Wow
Reactions: wh20crazy
No ww experience? Wow. I don't paddle as much or as hard as I once did. I'll probably never do the upper and I'm ok with that.

I love it when a homeowner comes out and seeing their system torn apart just turns around.
PXL_20210225_145540262.jpg

I hate replacing reversing valves.

They were in my raft. On that day I realized how much scarier it is to raft than to kayak. Responsibility for others.

It's not so bad of they were in a raft. We rafted the nanty once many years ago. I have no desire to ever be in a raft again. I want to be strapped into my boat.

Photo from top of Jelm Mountain by Michael Brotherton. When I was growing up my father, two brothers, and I used to hunt deer around Jelm Mountain and Red Mountain to the south. We also hunted a ton of prairie dogs around Ring Lake below Jelm. The mountain in the background in Sheep Mountain, and the lake to the right of Sheep Mountain is Lake Hattie. We caught great rainbow trout fishing from the shore of Hattie. That was 50 years ago.
jelm.jpg

Photo from top of Jelm Mountain by Michael Brotherton. When I was growing up my father, two brothers, and I used to hunt deer around Jelm Mountain and Red Mountain to the south. We also hunted a ton of prairie dogs around Ring Lake below Jelm. The mountain in the background in Sheep Mountain, and the lake to the right of Sheep Mountain is Lake Hattie. We caught great rainbow trout fishing from the shore of Hattie. That was 50 years ago.
View attachment 7568425
You grow up in Laramie Ron?

Gorgeous!!! Some of those slopes seem to be begging for a few linked knee dropping turns!!
Those narrower shots in the middle are calling my name, as are some of the "looser" tree areas.
As are some of those rock drops on the top right of the peak, but I do have sense enough know not to go over 25" these days :cool:
Not sure the base is enough and it makes me think about it.

Im over the libs and crowds and I do miss an early AM skin track, sunrise from up above treelike with hot coffee and a perfect pow run or 3 before heading back to the truck.

Reactions: Sgt47
Watched a good portion of the NIMITZ and VINSON strike groups return from deployment or work ups this week. This pic caught my eye, 14 billion worth of tax payer freedom navigating around 30+ billion of other tax payer based freedoms:

20210226_105730.jpg

20210226_110020.jpg

20210227_080410.jpg

Gorgeous!!! Some of those slopes seem to be begging for a few linked knee dropping turns!!
Those narrower shots in the middle are calling my name, as are some of the "looser" tree areas.
As are some of those rock drops on the top right of the peak, but I do have sense enough know not to go over 25" these days :cool:
Not sure the base is enough and it makes me think about it.

Im over the libs and crowds and I do miss an early AM skin track, sunrise from up above treelike with hot coffee and a perfect pow run or 3 before heading back to the truck.
At a different mountain, not far from here: I was riding the lift with a friend, many years ago, when we saw two specks climbing the chute on Gunsite Mtn in the pic below. My friend, an ortho Dr. said those guys are nuts and I agreed. We watched their progress as we rode up and skied down a few times and finally they made their run. We continued to question their sanity and then as we got off the lift they came skiing by; it was my 15 year old son and his buddy. 😲 I never had the desire to climb that far and knew my own limitations, so I never tried it. He skied it many times without injury.

gunsite.jpeg

Mile High Shooting or Willy Wonka’s?

View attachment 7568411

One great thing about seeing Frank out in the world is towering over someone besides my 9 yr old, being all of 5’7” myself. 🤣🤣🤣

@clcustom1911 - oh dem shoes!!!! 😍😍

I'm 90% sure I briefly saw him at the Denver airport once a year or so ago. I wasn't about to go running through the terminal to find out if it was him but remember doing a double take when I was walking past the electronic people mover thing he was standing on, going the opposite direction.

I'm also not sure WTF is up with those shoes.

At a different mountain, not far from here: I was riding the lift with a friend, many years ago, when we saw two specks climbing the chute on Gunsite Mtn in the pic below. My friend, an ortho Dr. said those guys are nuts and I agreed. We watched their progress as we rode up and skied down a few times and finally they made their run. We continued to question their sanity and then as we got off the lift they came skiing by; it was my 15 year old son and his buddy. 😲 I never had the desire to climb that far and knew my own limitations, so I never tried it. He skied it many times without injury.

View attachment 7568795
Your son and I think the same about cool ski decents.....
The pic caught my eye before I could read and that was my first though. "That needs skied"

Reactions: Sgt47
I'm 90% sure I briefly saw him at the Denver airport once a year or so ago. I wasn't about to go running through the terminal to find out if it was him but remember doing a double take when I was walking past the electronic people mover thing he was standing on, going the opposite direction.

I'm also not sure WTF is up with those shoes.

When I first looked at the pic, I thought he was wearing my orange mountain biking shoes.

I bought them because they were ugly...

More Context to the pic above:

I loved seeing that in the other picture, especially in regards to the ships namesake, in the back of my mind though I am thinking I hope the upper echelon means it.

All this talk of standowns for extremism and new oaths......I hope that display is a message "American Patriotism and love of our history is not Extremism".